#1 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:35 AM

I know everybody who has played games on and off throughout their life has played at least one game that they just could not stand at all. Whether it was the story, characters, graphics, or whatever, there is always one game that always stands out one of the most unbearable games ever.

For me, Final Fantasy VIII(8) takes that title for me. The first disc was okay, but it went downhill after that, and the third disc was just abominable.

I tried liking this game, played it 2-4 times in my life and even read a novelized fanfic of it, but I just couldn't get it.

Anybody here have any to share?

Also, I don't want any bashing of sorts going in here. If you can't handle other people's opinions, then leave.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:49 AM

Hey I have FFVIII, too and I stopped because of Seifer's friends were beating me and my characters were low while my GFs were sky-rocket high.

But anyway, here's my disappointed game:

Cosmic Spacehead for the Sega Genesis (yes it's OLD-School) and that game. Just. PISSED. ME. OFF.

I could NOT understand WTFH to do while playing it. And I always lose on the first level or don't know where the hell was I going >_<!

I gave up after 10 tries.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:52 AM

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

I will never understand why companies have a winning formula, and then scrap it all for cheap gimicks and screwed up combat systems. Not to mention the Dragon system, or lack thereof.

#4 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Nov 12 2008, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey I have FFVIII, too and I stopped because of whatshisname (the rival) friends were beating me and my characters were low while my GFs were sky-rocket high.

But anyway, here's my disappointed game:

Cosmic Spacehead for the Sega Genesis (yes it's OLD-School) and that game. PISSED. ME. OFF.

I could NOT understand WTFH to do while playing it. And I always lose on the first level or don't know where the hell am I going >_<!

I gave up after 10 tries.

FF8 would be there for me as well. I hated the battle system and I couldn't stand how they all ended up knowing each other as kids.

For me Tactics Orge...I loved the choose your own adventure feel (I managed to have all sides of a war (including a former ally), my former best friend, and sister all hate me and out trying to kill me). What I get for standing up for my principles). However the difference in level resulted in such massive differences in ability that if a character died or left you, you were so screwed because at even a 3 level difference your accuracy was was usually near 5%-10% (if you were lucky) and more than that it was 3%. In other words, it was impossible to gain levels (outside of having equal level characters beat on each other) and you always had to be 2+ levels ahead otherwise face getting your ass completely kicked. Oh, and did I mention I was 4-5 chapters in the game before I found a Life spell that turned out to suck.

#5 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:57 AM

Pacman
Can't get past level 3 without cheating.

#6 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

Final Fantasy x-2......the horror they did to a great game....the things that most people would have known not to tamper with..

FFX was a fantastic game, I loved every minute of it. But FFX-2.....I broke my disc of it and threw it into a lake where....5 days later it came back...and i burned it...

*shivers at the memories of it* Evil...i tell you....the evil of FF....
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#7 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:02 PM

Are we referring to games that you were incredibly hyped to play, and then were crushed by the disappointment? Or do you mean just flat-out horrible games that I'd rather gouge out my eyes with a rusty spork than see again?

Hmm... for the first, I'd probably go with FFVIII (although DISCLAIMER: At least I finished it, unlike XII where I just lost interest 'cause other SHINIE games came out [Odin Sphere, Persona 3]). Meh story I don't really remember and annoying features. The Draw system ("Here, let me battle this pansy Goblin for 15 minutes to stock up on Cure spells!") is annoying, and the Boost system wins/loses the "worst implemented good idea" award. SquareSoft (They weren't Squeenix then, were they?) spent so much time lovingly creating all these awesome summon sequences for us players to drool over - and IT DIDN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU WERE WATCHING THE LITTLE SQUARE BUTTON IN THE CORNER. To this day the only summon sequence I remember is Hades. Guess why.

About games that I'd gouge my eyes out over: Hydlide. 'Nuff said.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#8 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Nov 13 2008, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are we referring to games that you were incredibly hyped to play, and then were crushed by the disappointment? Or do you mean just flat-out horrible games that I'd rather gouge out my eyes with a rusty spork than see again?

Hmm... for the first, I'd probably go with FFVIII (although DISCLAIMER: At least I finished it, unlike XII where I just lost interest 'cause other SHINIE games came out [Odin Sphere, Persona 3]). Meh story I don't really remember and annoying features. The Draw system ("Here, let me battle this pansy Goblin for 15 minutes to stock up on Cure spells!") is annoying, and the Boost system wins/loses the "worst implemented good idea" award. SquareSoft (They weren't Squeenix then, were they?) spent so much time lovingly creating all these awesome summon sequences for us players to drool over - and IT DIDN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU WERE WATCHING THE LITTLE SQUARE BUTTON IN THE CORNER. To this day the only summon sequence I remember is Hades. Guess why.

About games that I'd gouge my eyes out over: Hydlide. 'Nuff said.

Actually FFXII was based loosely on the fighting of FFx-2...which sucked....*sigh* i miss FFX.... a_spaz.gif I FOUND MY FFX!! YAAH!!
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

I liked FFVIII happy.gif

Games that disappointed me/made me waste my valuable money purchasing:

1). The original .hack for the PS2

2). Baten Kaitos

#10 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

Kirby's Air Raid. It was pretty disappointing we didn't get a good console Kirby game. Hopefully we get one on the Wii that's as good as Super Star.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#11 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

Eh I wouldn't say Final Fantasy X-2 cuz I knew that was gonna suck, here's 5 games I can name off the top of my head that disappointed the hell out of me:

-Final Fantasy IX (PS1)
-Devil May Cry 2 (PS2) and 4 (XBox 360)
-Sonic The Hedgehog (XBox 360)
-Super Mario Sunshine (Nintendo Gamecube)
-Silent Hill 4 (PS2)

uc.png

#12 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Nov 13 2008, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Final Fantasy IX (PS1)

I think IX was better off than VIII. IX had the old-school FF feel to it. VIII had the weakest storyline, but I actually like the gameplay.

Auto Modellista was a HUGE disappointment for me. I thought it was going to be OMGZ because of the cell-shaded graphics, but the driving physics sucks. D=

#13 AyaMoto74

AyaMoto74

Mrs. Darttension

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:I think you all know my hobbies XD

My hobbies include writing/ making music, writing stories, playing videogames, and chatting!

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:16 AM

Parasite Eve II
Silent Hill Origins/ 0

:

Oh wow. Parasite Eve II takes the cake. I mean, come on, (sorry Fallen Angel since I know you love this game, go ahead and rant about Part I tongue.gif ) But seriously. Part I was so amazing, and has impacted my life to the point of insanity (Yes, I am naming my daughter Aya, tranquilize me now! mwahaha.gif ) and I've had it since I was like 4 or 5. Then for my 15th birthday, my parents surprise me with part II, as like, a 10 year anniversary of playing the game thing.

WHAT was it to me? Oh man. Resident Evil plus Parasite Eve. I mean, it's NOT bad at all, probably an orgasmic compound of two wonderfully great games, but they did it wrong. The story did not make any sense to me . . . I only got up I'd say halfway through disk 2 so I'm not sure if there was more, but it just didn't connect. And I do prefer everything about the original, from the weird camera angles to the music (which I love every song on the soundtrack, also first to influence me in music) to the battle system. Dare I go on?

Now for all of you fans (Fallen_Angel and others) I mean no harm!! Just saying why I don't like it. Sorry! a_comfort.gif

Please don't get me started on Silent Hill Origins. I traded in games to get it and played it for like an hour, got pissed because it was just so . . . not 'there' for me. I can't describe it. And I haven't played it again (and the Silent Hill fangirl in me will not return it for nothing).

Nothing else to say about it. I hate that game. And I'm really hoping 4 is good, especially since Ed just said up there it wasn't, meanwhile my sister's boyfriend and a few friends say it's great in a way like how Silent Hill 5 is - it's great because it's different. However, SH0 was only slightly different, and sucked my rocks off arg.gif So I'm hoping!

Also . . . I noticed nearly everyone is naming an FF. Don't you guys play other games? :teehee:

Edited by AyaMoto74, 14 November 2008 - 02:21 AM.

Kiss you for lonesome folly...

#14 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 13 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked FFVIII happy.gif

Games that disappointed me/made me waste my valuable money purchasing:

1). The original .hack for the PS2

2). Baten Kaitos

FF8 had so much potential, but it was mixed up all wrong.

Funny though, I always heard Baten Kaitos to be fun...never played it myself.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#15 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:28 AM

Call of Duty Four, Call of Duty 5.

Enough said.

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Nov 13 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny though, I always heard Baten Kaitos to be fun...never played it myself.

That's what I heard too. Hence why I bought it. Then I actually began playing it.

Most

boring

gameplay

ever

The only gameplay more boring that Baten Kaitos, is the original .hack game which I also mentioned. In Baten, you have to fight using a card system for attacks. And it's not easy to control which cards you get to attack with. It's basically a roulette system. You could be going up against an ice monster, and get stuck with a bunch of cards that helps the monster, rather that hurt it. And the storyline is so trite and dull, that I simply could not deal with it >.<

#17 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:01 AM

Please don't double post. There is a reason why we have an Edit button if you need to add more stuff on your post.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#18 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:02 AM

Sorry..it was a little late when i did it one sec

#19 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:45 AM

I maybe the only person on the planet who thinks this but as for recent games I was kind of disappointed by Gears of War 2. Not "unbearably" disappointed it's still a good game I just thought while playing it "Man the first is so much better than this".

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 14 November 2008 - 04:47 AM.

uc.png

#20 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:54 AM

D:
Shame on you for thinking that.
And to add to my list, Halo 3.