#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 04:04 PM

Happy 2020 Everyone.

Summary Time: Chapter 53. That's Reality. Sounds like a bad 90's sitcom catchphrase.

Cover is Nail.

Chapter starts off with Nail on the ground after being transported to the area. Naruto And Sasuke look on in shock.

A quick look over to the peanut gallery after Nail disappeared. Madoc says they are now done for.

Back to the fight. Jenga has five minutes left. Naruto tells Nail to run, and Jenga step on him knocking him out and taking him out of suicide nuke form. Nail starts to run but Jenga catches him only for Sasuke to use his swap power. Sasuke tells Nail to throw a smoke bomb (that has mineral dust that block eye/clairvoyant powers). So since Jenga can't see Nail through the dust he flies up into the air and powers up dragonball z style. Then back down to slam his foot into Naruto's gut. Then he threatens that if Nail doesn't show himself he will kill Naruto. Nail has flashbacks to his time in kara as well as his bonding with Naruto and how he became Naruto's student. So he comes out and talks about how important Naruto is to him, and a world without him has no worth to him. Jenga implants Karma in Nail gloats while he starts to disintegrates, but Karma doesn't take because Nail used a shadow clone as a double...that actually was somewhat clever. Naruto, Sasuke, and Nail have their post-battle chat. Then Bolt possessed by his Kaguya member stabs Sasuke in his left eye which has the swapping power.

Well the Shadow clone bit and the Bolt possession thing popping at the end was somewhat clever if only because it not a default standard the story could have gone.

Next chapter Jan. 20.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 December 2020 - 12:06 AM.

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 05:12 PM

Not surprised Naruto is not dead. and at least the shadow clone baiting is something originally incorporated in  the story so no complaints. the whole ordeal just sounded bland though

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 11:25 PM

Not surprised Naruto is not dead. and at least the shadow clone baiting is something originally incorporated in  the story so no complaints. the whole ordeal just sounded bland though.

It is and it was. If fact it was so bland that when they did the shadow clone bit it came as a surprise to me simply because it felt it was that much on autopilot that I didn't think they would do it.

I didn't think Naruto would die this chapter. I figure that he would try to hold off Jenga till his suicide form burnt him out too much and then Karma would be implanted once that happened. Not that it would turn off.

I will admit I would be impress if they had Bolt kill him off.

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 11:41 PM

I wonder if the shadow clone part was Kishimoto's idea in actuality? That's what I meant when I said shadow clone was originally incorporated into the story. It was an integral part of Kishi's writing on Naruto at least.

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 December 2020 - 11:42 PM.

#5 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:50 AM

lol, Kishimoto ain't letting Naruto die. That's definitely Kishimoto's style with that Shadow Clone. I guarantee Kishimoto will find a way to keep Naruto alive. Also, I hope that after Bolt wins the fight, he get a disgraceful death like tripping over a log and landing face first on a upright kunai. I hate that little kitten so much, almost as much as I hate Hinata and Sasuke. Really says something when a character that has only been around for a few years could rival my hate for a characters that I hated for 15 plus years.

Hinata needs to go where she belongs and that's away from Naruto.

Sasuke just needs to go with Karin and Taka and go be happy.

Naruto needs to man up, find Sakura-Chan and go confess to her and stop lying to his damn self.

But, Bolt? Bolt needs to die.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#6 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:54 PM

Where did the dying part go? lol

#7 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:12 PM

Kishimoto won't let Naruto down one last time like you expected by making his dying thoughts about kissing Sakura-Chan's forehead, instead,. Kishimoto will keep Naruto alive so he can suffer some more by watching the woman he loves be with a another man while Naruto will know to himself that it should be him with her instead of Sasuke, while being a pussy and not confessing. :laughcry:

Honestly though, after the fight, Naruto should say kitten Sasuke, and just confess. 100 percent sure Sasuke wouldn't give a kitten anyways, he might just smile and say, "it's about time dobe." And then use it as an escape window to leave again. I would love to see it.

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:26 PM

I wonder if the shadow clone part was Kishimoto's idea in actuality? That's what I meant when I said shadow clone was originally incorporated into the story. It was an integral part of Kishi's writing on Naruto at least.

Might have been. Part of the problem with Boruto so far was that it was a very standard anime story. As in their wasn't really anything creative and you could guess everything that would happen to the letter. Kishimoto isn't the greatest writer but he isn't that bad.

Though still since he was made the writer mid way in he may still be going off what Kodaichi was going to do.

The main thing I will attribute to Kishi is he cut down the exposition and made the story flow quicker.

Could still happen. Naruto suicide mode is off but he should still be suffering from the side effects, Sasuke lost the eye that gave him that swap places power people were complaining about last chapter discussion topic, Bolt is possessed, and Nail mention his world is basically Naruto.

Nail had the karma seal in chapter one flash forward, Bolt had a kakashi like scar over the eye that's currently under possession, and Naruto needs to die. Unless kishimoto is completely abandoning the first chapter's flashforward all those things still need to happen.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 December 2020 - 04:05 PM.

#9 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:40 PM

Happy 2020 Everyone.

Summary Time: Chapter 53. That's Reality. Sounds like a bad 90's sitcom catchphrase.

Cover is Nail.

Chapter starts off with Nail on the ground after being transported to the area. Naruto And Sasuke look on in shock.

A quick look over to the peanut gallery after Nail disappeared. Madoc says they are now done for.

Back to the fight. Jenga has five minutes left. Naruto tell Nail to run, and Jenga step on him knocking him out and taking him out of suicide nuke form. Nail starts to run but Jenga catches him only for Sasuke to use his swap power. Sasuke tells Nail to throw a smoke bomb (that has mineral dust that block eye/clairvoyant powers). So since Jenga can't see Nail through the dust he flies up into the air and powers up dragonball z style. Then back down to slam his foot into Naruto's gut. Then he threatens that if Nail doesn't show himself he will kill Naruto. Nail has flashbacks to his time in kara as well as his bonding with Naruto and how he became Naruto's student. So he comes out and talks about how important Naruto is to him, and a world without him has no worth to him. Jenga implants Karma in Nail gloats while he starts to disintegrates, but Karma doesn't take because Nail used a shadow clone as a double...that actually was somewhat clever. Naruto, Sasuke, and Nail have their post-battle chat. Then Bolt possessed by his Kaguya member stabs Sasuke in his left eye which has the swapping power.

Well the Shadow clone bit and the Bolt possession thing popping at the end was somewhat clever if only because it not a default standard the story could have gone.

Next chapter Jan. 20.

Is it sad that this actually made me happy? Like, if Naruto couldn't keep his powers, why should Sasuke keep his? Of course, I bet you he gets it healed and gains it back again some how because we can't have Sasuke walk around without OP powers.

I would be surprised if Sasuke is walking around like a pirate. One eye, One Arm, and soon one leg.

Yaarrrr harr harr. "First, I steal the booty, then I take my best friend's booty."

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#10 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:39 AM

Is it sad that this actually made me happy? Like, if Naruto couldn't keep his powers, why should Sasuke keep his? Of course, I bet you he gets it healed and gains it back again some how because we can't have Sasuke walk around without OP powers.

I would be surprised if Sasuke is walking around like a pirate. One eye, One Arm, and soon one leg.

Yaarrrr harr harr. "First, I steal the booty, then I take my best friend's booty."

...Well remove the coat he always wears and with his vest along with an eyepatch...all he would need it to start growing a beard and get a nice hat. You know, you may mean Sakura but honestly with all the gay undertones Naruto and Sasuke have over the years you could also just may mean Naruto's ass.

Honestly, in the time he had that power it was increasingly becoming overused. Every fight was him pretty much replacing himself with something for a sneak attack. It nice that he actually uses his powers it just kind of boring.

If Naruto does die I assume Sasuke will still have only one eye or cyborg replacement eye for drama.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 December 2020 - 03:09 AM.

#11 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 09 January 2021 - 12:29 AM

Sales for the 13th boruto volume are out and it's the lowest debut yet https://twitter.com/...5918833666?s=20

#12 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:37 AM

Sales for the 13th boruto volume are out and it's the lowest debut yet https://twitter.com/...5918833666?s=20

I lol'd at the Boruto and Sarada support a few posts down. How hypocritical and ironic.

#13 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:29 PM

Coments are very funny, they're comparing Boruto against series without an anime 🤣, plus as Boruto is doing well in TV against bleach (none episodes for almost 9 years), Naruto same as bleach, Yu Gi OH wich mainly purpose is promote card and Pokémon who in a week make the same as Boruto in 5 years 🤣.

Edited by ree, 09 January 2021 - 06:30 PM.

#14 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 10 January 2021 - 01:11 AM

Coments are very funny, they're comparing Boruto against series without an anime , plus as Boruto is doing well in TV against bleach (none episodes for almost 9 years), Naruto same as bleach, Yu Gi OH wich mainly purpose is promote card and Pokémon who in a week make the same as Boruto in 5 years .

It is funny that both Pokemon and Yu Gi OH make more money than Bolt, I guess that is why they copy from the two.

#15 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 06:07 AM

Not surprising at all. The fact that teasing of Naruto dying doesn't bring uplift to the sales tells you one thing: whatever happens with the franchise will not bring back old fans that support this franchise financially, nor it will significantly bring in new readers.

Also, it's very sad that people desperately trying to defend this franchise. I keep telling this: you can't justify an F mark to be good. It is what it is and people should accept the fact that it's not selling well.

And for those claiming that the anime is this franchise's saving grace, they need to understand that anime is more of advertising channel to uplift brand awareness.

It is known for years that Japanese anime is a money burning business, required for producers to earn money from other channels (typically merchandise). One can easily find a lot of references to it, e.g. https://www.vox.com/...ngelion-netflix

Yu-Gi-Oh franchise value is twice of Naruto's. It doesn't matter if their anime bring less money compared to Naruto/Boruto. Its merchandise alone worth more than overall Naruto franchise. Don't even compare to Pokemon (which is THE most valuable franchise in the world). The fact that Naruto franchise apologist tried to compare Naruto with Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh just shows how uninformed they are. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:09 AM

These fans really think that this series is in the same level as Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!?  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:33 AM

These fans really think that this series is in the same level as Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!?  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

They are using that image from...two years ago (no wait over three) that showed Boruto (and Naruto) were TV Tokyo highest sellers. The one we had to get Namenash to explained that it was the amount they were getting from licensing those anime out to other countries; which is why bleach was one of them.

From what I recall that was early on in Boruto life as an anime so all the foreign companies were buying up the right because they thought it would be the next Naruto.

...Its kind of sad that they are still using 3 year old data instead of updating it. Since, if it still doing well they should be able to show the latest earnings report.

I lol'd at the Boruto and Sarada support a few posts down. How hypocritical and ironic.

Sarada is one of the (if not just "the") most liked character of her generation. The clone doesn't have the appeal of Hinata; so she isn't much of a spoiler. So, she doesn't have the problems Sakura had.

Not surprising at all. The fact that teasing of Naruto dying doesn't bring uplift to the sales tells you one thing: whatever happens with the franchise will not bring back old fans that support this franchise financially, nor it will significantly bring in new readers.

Also, it's very sad that people desperately trying to defend this franchise. I keep telling this: you can't justify an F mark to be good. It is what it is and people should accept the fact that it's not selling well.

And for those claiming that the anime is this franchise's saving grace, they need to understand that anime is more of advertising channel to uplift brand awareness.

It is known for years that Japanese anime is a money burning business, required for producers to earn money from other channels (typically merchandise). One can easily find a lot of references to it, e.g. https://www.vox.com/...ngelion-netflix

Yu-Gi-Oh franchise value is twice of Naruto's. It doesn't matter if their anime bring less money compared to Naruto/Boruto. Its merchandise alone worth more than overall Naruto franchise. Don't even compare to Pokemon (which is THE most valuable franchise in the world). The fact that Naruto franchise apologist tried to compare Naruto with Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh just shows how uninformed they are. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

They aren't looking at data or willing to find any they are bragging(clinging to) about that image from that quarterly report I asked you about YEARS ago.

Original writer and the death of the main character, but I think 14 will be the confirmation more then 12.

The Naruto-Boruto franchise has likely lost a lot of its merchandising power. It no longer gets movies, games that aren't mobile games, or even OVAs. Which means it relies on the anime and manga to sell. A manga that doesn't go anywhere, and an anime the audiences feels is endless filler.

Not factoring anything else. It takes an average of 8 days for it to drop off the top ten, 18 for top 50, and 29 for top 100 on the sales chart. All which are on a downward trend. We will see if Volume 14 the one kishi got back in gets a boost but I doubt it

...Wasn't this the guy that was mistranslating all kishimoto's interviews and even the dialogue in the manga to make it more pro-Hinata.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 January 2021 - 07:50 AM.

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:59 PM

YEAH... I believe that is only valid, if a franchise STARTED as an anime to begin with, Code Geass, Guilty Crown etc. etc. And again, I've heard that viewership for an anime has minimal value because getting viewers to watch the anime is not how an anime studio makes money. It is from ad studios asking them to promo a product, merchandising (this is especially big), selling dvds of the anime in question, and so much other channels of income. That is not a valid argument either way especially when you consider JUST HOW MANY international anime fans watch the franchises they are fans of  FROM PIRATED UPLOADING. :ermm:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 January 2021 - 02:38 AM.

#19 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:10 AM

Probably doesn't help that they keep teasing naruto dying, but it never happens so it seems pointless to get back into the series. I don't see how anything in the current boruto timeline would appeal to long time fans who don't like the direction it has taken with the couples, alien parasites and sci fi stuff that messes with the original lore and themes. 

I think they assume that anime is like movies and tv shows in west were they are bigger mediums that people invest in compared to comics and books so they think the anime is more important 

Pokemon is a 100 billion franchise that's 10 times more worth than the Naruto franchise is. Plus you will probably find more casual fans and the general public being more aware of Pokemon than Naruto, the only anime/manga outside of pokemon and yu gi oh that they might know will probably be dragon ball given it's impact.

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:35 AM

Probably doesn't help that they keep teasing naruto dying, but it never happens so it seems pointless to get back into the series. I don't see how anything in the current boruto timeline would appeal to long time fans who don't like the direction it has taken with the couples, alien parasites and sci fi stuff that messes with the original lore and themes. 

I think they assume that anime is like movies and tv shows in west were they are bigger mediums that people invest in compared to comics and books so they think the anime is more important 

Pokemon is a 100 billion franchise that's 10 times more worth than the Naruto franchise is. Plus you will probably find more casual fans and the general public being more aware of Pokemon than Naruto, the only anime/manga outside of pokemon and yu gi oh that they might know will probably be dragon ball given it's impact.

The problem is that the manga starts of with Nail going, "Oh Naruto's dead by the way and I'm the new Sasuke; we are doing the SNS conflict all over again." It has been about 4 years since that chapter came out. That is long enough for people to lose interest while they are waiting for it to happen; especially if nothing interesting is happening. Then it happens, which then has to answer a question of, is it engaging? To me, so far? No. The battle leading up to it was a boring slough. His final super I'm going to be sacrificing myself mode had me laughing at it. And all the build up (including the bonding with Nail beforehand) is so predictable that it puts you on auto pilot while reading it. This was the first chapter in a while (if not this entire manga) that didn't feel like that which I will attribute to Kishi, but it is too late for him to fully fix what is required to happen.

Though it less teasing as saying it is going to happen and then building it up in a very blatant way.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 January 2021 - 07:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users