Close
Photo

Why don't people hardly come here anymore?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#1 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

Hello all! I've been here for a short period, and I can tell this place has some potential. So my question is basically why don't people show up here much anymore? I mean wasn't this place once full of members? Where did they all run off to? Also, why hasn't this place been growing instead of decreasing? Fill free to go off topic a bit if it helps, and thanks for answering! laugh.gif

Edited by NaruSaku1, 08 October 2011 - 01:00 AM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#2 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:33 AM

For me, real life got in the way.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#3 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Oct 7 2011, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me, real life got in the way.

This exactly, when ever school starts up im normally not on like I uselly am.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#4 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

Well there are only like 15 people on a day, so where are all the other members, and why are there so many guest in this place, I hope they do know they can sign in. happy.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

I make time when I can but we can't be here all the the time because of the thing called life as stated above

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#6 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

lolwut?

There's a ton of new members, yourself included. This is notable because they are joining at a relatively low NS tension time.

Leading to another point: Since this is a fanclub for a pairing, I think participation is going to ebb and flow with the tension surrounding the pairing. NS has been in a holding pattern for a while. So the boards reflect that. I think lots of people look but don't post.

And for me, as with lots of people, fall is very busy. VERY busy. I think there's a natural drop off in activity because RL ramps up around now. I wouldn't sweat it.

#7 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Oct 8 2011, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lolwut?

There's a ton of new members, yourself included. This is notable because they are joining at a relatively low NS tension time.

Leading to another point: Since this is a fanclub for a pairing, I think participation is going to ebb and flow with the tension surrounding the pairing. NS has been in a holding pattern for a while. So the boards reflect that. I think lots of people look but don't post.

And for me, as with lots of people, fall is very busy. VERY busy. I think there's a natural drop off in activity because RL ramps up around now. I wouldn't sweat it.

So this place will pickup? Well thats a relief, I was starting to think that nobody was going to come anymore! sweatdrop.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#8 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku1 @ Oct 8 2011, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this place will pickup? Well thats a relief, I was starting to think that nobody was going to come anymore! sweatdrop.gif

I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about sweat.gif

The forum is pretty active on a daily basis. Active topics and threads are posted in everyday, and the main forum page is always full of members talking, interacting, debating, discussing, ect. And quite a number of people are lurkers (like me ^^) who do come here every single day, though we only post every now and then, but we are here. I'm not sure if you want an explosive member count every single day, like when something especially NaruSaku happens in the manga. But it's pretty unrealistic to want something like that on a daily basis. Especially as many people do have things to do in their regular day-to-day lives like school, work, or both. Heaven and Earth as a forum has been here for 6 years going on 7 now. We're still going very strong, so you can stop worrying about something so small and unfounded as 'why people don't come here anymore', because unless you don't count the people who actually are here and who actually are posting everyday as people, then I'm not sure what else I can tell you sweat.gif

#9 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

There is always going to be that movement that over time people get interested in other things. A ton of people that were super active when I first joined don't come on here at all any more. Some have stuck around, but many become more involved in other fandoms and things like that. That's how it is on any forum. New people join, are very active for awhile, and then leave. That's just how it goes.

When there are NS moments, the site will blow up with activity. But until then, things stay pretty stable with the small trickle of newcomers being very active, some oldies being somewhat active, rinse and repeat XD

#10 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 8 2011, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about sweat.gif

The forum is pretty active on a daily basis. Active topics and threads are posted in everyday, and the main forum page is always full of members talking, interacting, debating, discussing, ect. And quite a number of people are lurkers (like me ^^) who do come here every single day, though we only post every now and then, but we are here. I'm not sure if you want an explosive member count every single day, like when something especially NaruSaku happens in the manga. But it's pretty unrealistic to want something like that on a daily basis. Especially as many people do have things to do in their regular day-to-day lives like school, work, or both. Heaven and Earth as a forum has been here for 6 years going on 7 now. We're still going very strong, so you can stop worrying about something so small and unfounded as 'why people don't come here anymore', because unless you don't count the people who actually are here and who actually are posting everyday as people, then I'm not sure what else I can tell you sweat.gif

Well the fact that its bigger when a NaruSaku moment happens kinda makes since. Also, I didn't really count the lurkers, I guess I will now. happy.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#11 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

Actually, I do have a feeling that there were a lot more members when I first found this site. Some of the active ones then are now gone or post rarely. Only a few of us post daily. But yeah, I see many other members join the conversation when there's something interesting going on in the manga.

#12 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

I have this feeling that when Narusaku have much more development the members will increase then some of naruhina and sasusaku will give up and support narusaku because this site is the home of narusaku fans cool.gif

#13 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Well I know some people, like me, won't post unless we have actually something to say. I think I've about said all I am willing to say on the NaruSaku thread so there isn't any more to rehash now.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#14 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Roy menethil @ Oct 8 2011, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have this feeling that when Narusaku have much more development the members will increase then some of naruhina and sasusaku will give up and support narusaku because this site is the home of narusaku fans cool.gif

True, but any good pairing fan should be a great supporter that sticks in till the end...

2XtVwF6.png

#15 impervious0ne

impervious0ne

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:58 AM

To answer the question, Naruto is a shonen manga based on action not romance. "Romantic" interaction between Naruto and Sakura just happens to be a smaller subplot to the manga and may not garner as much attention as other general forums such as NF.

But fear not, I have joined the ranks of H&E.

tongue.gif

#16 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

I show up here quite frequently, but rarely get around to actually post something, mostly because of my studies, which often leaves me with little to no free time at all. That and im also a slow poster, because I tend to put a little too much effort into my post. tongue.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#17 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

There's more lurkers than active here, even in its earlier days. Trust me, I was there. Though people like Krisk don't post much anywhere aside from Ichiraku and she's one of the more livelier members. But yeah, OmegaMan's got it right, quite a bit of people don't post much unless they've got something they want to say. Also, people grow up and their hobbies, attitudes, and activities change.

Besides, Shauna-sama's right, it's really not that inactive or quiet as you make it out to be. The Multiverse Gaming thread's still quite busy and people post a lot of fanfics in the fanfiction section. It's school time and we have homework and projects to do that take up our time.

Oh man, this takes me back to Flash/Live Chat days.... Those were raucous nights, eh guys?

#18 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

LC Days were the best. LOL.

Now this forum's pretty quiet.

#19 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

I haven't been on here that long so I'm not sure how active this place was. From what I've seen it's not bad and I personally check this place a few times a day.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#20 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

Hmmm, there's bound to be a lot of factors into this. It could be because of work/school. It could because of the chatroom or it could be because the people that just got nothing to say and would want to not post meaningless thoughts, like I have often.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users