#1 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:58 AM

I've been obsessed for over 10 years. Now with the announcement of the remake, I want to know what everyone else looks foward to on this. 

Also, Cloti or Cloerith?  :hehehe:

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#2 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:17 AM

I've been obsessed for over 10 years. Now with the announcement of the remake, I want to know what everyone else looks foward to on this. 

Never played it, but obviously as fan of FF I'm waiting for it.

On qustion:

Cloti, Aerith went to Zack, that's canon for ya  :pimp:

#3 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:22 AM

I played way back in the past, tbh I liked but I found FFVI better because Kefka

also I don't remember why but when I played I liked Cloud x Aerith more but after playing I began to warm up more to Cloud x Tifa XD

so idk

Edited by Nar123, 02 July 2015 - 01:40 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#4 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:30 AM

Personally I can't choose between CloudxAerith or CloudxTifa, but that's because I never cared. I was more into the side characters of the game  :smug:

Squad Roll call :

#5 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:29 AM

Talk about pairing?
It's cloudxtifa, the reason why cloud join soldier in the first place.

#6 GoldenDays

GoldenDays

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

Oooh, the FFVII pairing debate.

If Aeris hadn't died, things probably would've swayed more towards the Cleris side of things.

Of course, then that entire scene happened with Cloud and Tifa under the highwind, and then before that with that little dive into Cloud's mind turning things in favor of Cloti.

It's a shame that A/C had to completely reset Cloud's character, if not regress it even further into that brooding person most people think he is today. (Original FF7 Cloud wasn't anywhere near that broody.)

This said though, it's ALL ABOUT THE CLOUFFIE. Only girl to ever kiss Cloud! :wub: :w00t:

As far as the remake goes...I'm just going to keep my expectations very VERY low.

#7 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

One of my childhood memories.

Its CloudxAerith for me when i was playing but im all for CloudxTifa now after playing Crisis Core.

The pairings here didnt bother mw much as im okay with both.

Cant deny im excited for this remake. IMO People who havent played it during its era would not be able to appreciate it fully.

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:19 PM

Never played it, but obviously as fan of FF I'm waiting for it.

On qustion:

Cloti, Aerith went to Zack, that's canon for ya  :pimp:

Me too and I'm gonna get a PS4 by the end of the year so good timing.  :D

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 July 2015 - 02:27 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#9 unhskikrforever

unhskikrforever

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

I'm looking forward to it! I won't be able to play it but I can always watch LPs of it. Anyway, it's Cloti all the way for me!

15f62c4.png

#10 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:43 AM

I'll believe it when I see it. But if it happens...  :wibble:  :cry:  :w00t:

This will be one of the only reasons I get a PS4 (and probably would've saved the initial launch of PS3).

I liked both relationships for different reasons. But personally my favorite is CloudXTifa. I see a lot of what makes NaruSaku work in them. Aerith would definitely be more open about her admiration -- Meaning unlike Tifa, she would never be in danger of being in the friendzone. On the Way to Smile: Case of Tifa is heartbreaking when she asks Cloud if he loves her, and when he looks confused she quickly changes it to if he loves Denzel and Marlene. 

In terms of the game itself I am dreading the cross-dressing scene in HD. While I was sure they would cut that for this iteration I saw an article that says it might still stay in.

I hope they keep the different character beats for Cloud in the game the same. People have this vision of Cloud always just brooding. And while he is understandably down in Advent Children, he's actually more of the hopeful, confident type we see in the climactic battle. He's also much less socially awkward than Advent Children. (I love me that film though.)  

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#11 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:52 AM

I just have a question to ask: on a scale from Fairy Tail to Naruto, how bad was the ship wars back in the day?

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#12 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

I just have a question to ask: on a scale from Fairy Tail to Naruto, how bad was the ship wars back in the day?

Between harry potter and twillight.

#13 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

Final Fantasy VII is known to have one of the worst shipping wars ever, I'd actually say worse than Harry Potter, around Twilight's and just as bitter and dirty as Naruto's. I still see people fighting about it and it's been almost 20 years. 

I'll believe it when I see it. But if it happens...  :wibble:  :cry:  :w00t:

This will be one of the only reasons I get a PS4 (and probably would've saved the initial launch of PS3).

I liked both relationships for different reasons. But personally my favorite is CloudXTifa. I see a lot of what makes NaruSaku work in them. Aerith would definitely be more open about her admiration -- Meaning unlike Tifa, she would never be in danger of being in the friendzone. On the Way to Smile: Case of Tifa is heartbreaking when she asks Cloud if he loves her, and when he looks confused she quickly changes it to if he loves Denzel and Marlene. 

In terms of the game itself I am dreading the cross-dressing scene in HD. While I was sure they would cut that for this iteration I saw an article that says it might still stay in.

I hope they keep the different character beats for Cloud in the game the same. People have this vision of Cloud always just brooding. And while he is understandably down in Advent Children, he's actually more of the hopeful, confident type we see in the climactic battle. He's also much less socially awkward than Advent Children. (I love me that film though.)  

Ah, Cloud and Tifa. I read somewhere that in an interview one of the director's said that they didn't know if Cloud or Tifa would ever have a happy ending together. Which really, reaalllyyy sucks because they changed Cloud's personality to fit one of an emo's, and that's taken a toll on Cloud and Tifa's relationship. 

And the more I think about it, I see that Aerith is happy even after death since now she can spend an eternity with Zack. (Btw, did you play Crisis Core? Their relationship was so sweet but so sad). But as for Cloud and Tifa? I wonder why the creators decided to go this route. They should get a happy ending too. I mean, even Yuna eventually got her happy ending with Tidus....

Squad Roll call :

#14 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:18 PM

Ah, Cloud and Tifa. I read somewhere that in an interview one of the director's said that they didn't know if Cloud or Tifa would ever have a happy ending together. Which really, reaalllyyy sucks because they changed Cloud's personality to fit one of an emo's, and that's taken a toll on Cloud and Tifa's relationship. 

And the more I think about it, I see that Aerith is happy even after death since now she can spend an eternity with Zack. (Btw, did you play Crisis Core? Their relationship was so sweet but so sad). But as for Cloud and Tifa? I wonder why the creators decided to go this route. They should get a happy ending too. I mean, even Yuna eventually got her happy ending with Tidus....

Yeah, Advent Children really made him emo/broody to the max for much of the film. They really kind of tied it to Aerith too. There were other things like his stigma and Denzel, but I think that after Advent Children Cloud mans up and moves on and becomes the cheery person he was able to be in many parts of the game, even after he finds out some unsettling things. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#15 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:42 AM

Doesn't geostigma what make cloud super emo?

I think cloudxtifa is canon. But for some reason, the author doesn't canonize it. Eventhought both feeling is mutual.

#16 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:45 AM

Doesn't geostigma what make cloud super emo?

I think cloudxtifa is canon. But for some reason, the author doesn't canonize it. Eventhought both feeling is mutual.

Yeah that's the issue! Why don't they just canon it. :( 

And I think that is what made him like that...which means he should be happier now and just tie the knot with Tifa. 

Personally, I ship both Cloti and Cloerith. I just want Cloud to be happy. :(

Squad Roll call :

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:17 AM

Yeah that's the issue! Why don't they just canon it. :( 

And I think that is what made him like that...which means he should be happier now and just tie the knot with Tifa. 

Personally, I ship both Cloti and Cloerith. I just want Cloud to be happy. :(

I think he already happy.
Advent children dealt with geostigma and his guilt for zack and aerith death, especially aerith.

Well they lived under the same roof. I think it's a big deal.
Now let see what kind of character cloud in ff7 remake, emo cloud or ff7 cloud.

#18 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

I think he already happy.
Advent children dealt with geostigma and his guilt for zack and aerith death, especially aerith.

Well they lived under the same roof. I think it's a big deal.
Now let see what kind of character cloud in ff7 remake, emo cloud or ff7 cloud.

Well.....hm....idk if he's happy. Like I want him to be happy, but these interviews keep painting him as unhappy. And then On a Way to Smile.... 

But yeah I really hope they bring old Cloud back! He was so adorable in Crisis Core too! I want that Cloud.  :D

Squad Roll call :

#19 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

Well.....hm....idk if he's happy. Like I want him to be happy, but these interviews keep painting him as unhappy. And then On a Way to Smile.... 

But yeah I really hope they bring old Cloud back! He was so adorable in Crisis Core too! I want that Cloud.  :D

The side effect of mind screw. How could zack doesn't affect by it?
I think cloud is shy, rather than anti social like squall.

#20 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

I think cloud is shy, rather than anti social like squall.

I agree that Crisis Core/ Advent Children is more socially awkward than shy. I don't think game Cloud is all that socially awkward. Crisis Core/Advent Children Cloud is not necesarrily the same Cloud as in the game. I think they made him too brooding. He's got things that weigh him down but he didn't seem that down after said mindscrew.

Um... should we say the mindscrew is spoiler territory for new players now since it's going to get remade? Thoughts?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: final fantasy, video games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users