• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#61 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (elmonoloco @ Jan 15 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I don't understand is why would Orochimaru help Danzo implant the sharingan into his arm when his main purpose through out the series was to gain the sharingan for him self ? Sorta seems like a plot hole to me.

He was a little lab rat in order to find ways to implant the sharingan in him

#62 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

Someone is obviously telling Kishi to put more Sasuke in the manga...okay, that probably isn't entirely true, but come on. Naruto had his fifteen minutes of Sage-mode bad-arsery and now what is he doing?

Hyperventilating and likely passed out. I mean, yes, I can understand the fact that someone would be a bit traumatized by finding out that Sasuke's gone even deeper into this horrid cycle of vengeance, not to mention he's probably STILL trying to wrap his mind around what Pain said, Jiraiya's death, and finding out who his father is.

Still, I'd really like to see a break in this fight. What's Sakura and the others up to? What's become of Naruto. Heck, what about Tsunade??!

Gah, on top of it all, another Uchiha technique has been revealed, and this time it's forbidden!! :O

Hm. You can hate me for saying this, but I've found myself actually rooting for Danzou a little in this fight. He's callous and unfeeling, but I do like the fact that he can at least fight and not be the guy who stands back and simply gives order (even if his powers aren't necessarily his).

Oh well. Kishi seems to have made Danzou a wonder-ninja here. We'll just have to see what happens to our enraged Sasuke now that Danzou's revealed this new power of his.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#63 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:31 PM

I wouldn't say Danzou is unfeeling. Infact I think he cares for his village alot, he's just accepted the reality of what has to be done to protect the Leaf.

#64 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

All I know is...

Danzou is going to die. Period.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#65 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

seriously sometimes i gotta say, i wish sasuke just died in his major fights. against kages, itachi or danzou. heck, sakura can even go ahead and kill him for me.
1. so the storyline can move on from bloody sasuke 2. naruto will actually have screentime 3. narusaku can just easily happen then w/o any sasuke worries

#66 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jan 15 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously sometimes i gotta say, i wish sasuke just died in his major fights. against kages, itachi or danzou. heck, sakura can even go ahead and kill him for me.
1. so the storyline can move on from bloody sasuke 2. naruto will actually have screentime 3. narusaku can just easily happen then w/o any sasuke worries

I think Sasuke dying would actually make more worries for NaruSaku, honestly...

People dislike Sasuke, but really, what would this manga be without him (besides less w-emo, Sasuke-centric)? dry.gif It would probably be over at least.
meh.

#67 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Mugen no Neko @ Jan 15 2010, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People dislike Sasuke, but really, what would this manga be without him (besides less w-emo, Sasuke-centric)? dry.gif It would probably be over at least.

Without Sasuke, Naruto would be a series about the main character it's named after, and his history and struggles in life. The Uchiha clan wouldn't be responsible for everything in the entire universe and then some, and side characters would be able to be fleshed out more, due to Sasuke not hogging all of the screen time.

Also, the series being over wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. If you ask me, ten years is more than long enough. The only reason Naruto is still going is due to the fact that it bleeds money.

#68 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:54 AM

The series is called Naruto because that is the hero of the story, in case you forgot. Sasuke is an antagonist, which means he's there to keep the story rolling. Sasuke's screen time is a plot device in just the same way Hinata's brief appearance was. Sasuke's fate and his fights, as well as the fates of other antagonists, revolve around Naruto's existance and will eventually come into direct confrontation with Naruto.

You don't like this low point in Naruto's career? Well, you're not supposed to. Now is the time in the hero's journey that he will either get stronger from his suffering or fail completely. Having seen him at this devastating and disappointing low should make his comeback that much sweeter. I think we've seen Naruto grow from a child to an adolescent and from now on we will finally see him become a man.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#69 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (elmonoloco @ Jan 15 2010, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I don't understand is why would Orochimaru help Danzo implant the sharingan into his arm when his main purpose through out the series was to gain the sharingan for him self ? Sorta seems like a plot hole to me.

Just what I was thinking, Orochimaru should have taken the sharingan and never have started chasing after sasuke in the first place.

#70 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

What I want to know is, what move was Karin going to use on Danzou? She got her hiney handed to her with a simple gut kick. Chakra sensing and Sasuke stalking seem to be all she's good at.

#71 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 15 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I know is...

And the best villain would be gone. All I know is that it better not be Sasuke that kills him.

#72 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 15 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I know is...

That's a possibility but even if Sasuke does succeed in killing Danzou he will still want to kill everyone in Konoha his thirst for vengeance will not be satisfy. sleep.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#73 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:26 AM

Danzou most likely won't die until he meets up with Kabuto, at the very least. Which makes me think Kabuto may be the one to kill him. Or he could pull off the same trick his boss did, and take Danzou's body for his own. That would have him surpass Orochimaru right there, as he'd have both of the bloodlines that Orochimaru coveted.

#74 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (soot-r @ Jan 15 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just what I was thinking, Orochimaru should have taken the sharingan and never have started chasing after sasuke in the first place.

I'll have to reread it but I don't think it says Orochimaru implanted those in his arms, as has been said that would be a plot hole because Orochimaru had already left Konoha some years before the Uchiha massacre happened. He implanted cells from the First Hokage in Danzo, I'm guessing around the same time he messed around implanting cells from the First Hokage in the 60 babies, all who died but Yamato (and he didn't know Yamato survived...) Yamato is 25, so 9 years before Naruto or Sasuke were born, 16 years before the Uchiha were killed. It's said Orochimaru left Konoha "over 10 years ago" in part 1 of the manga. So likely either shortly before the Kyuubi attack or shortly after.

From Danzo's comment about looking for Kabuto to fix his arm I'm wondering if Kabuto didn't implant the sharingan in his arm. He would have still been in the village, had medic nin training, and he was 16 when the massacre happened, so certainly old enough to be pretty skilled already. During Orochimaru's attack on Konoha Kabuto seemed to know rather well how to disguise himself as an ANBU, so I'm betting he had some underground connection to Danzo as well.

Edited by ciardha, 16 January 2010 - 03:03 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#75 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:49 PM

It's said Orochimaru left Konoha "over 10 years ago" in part 1 of the manga. So likely either shortly before the Kyuubi attack or shortly after.

Shortly before...im guessing he left because Minato was chosen as the Hokage over him.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#76 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

You know, if Sasuke is going to die, I want Sakura to kill him in one final blow to save Naruto.

I am sorry, but the whole "She wants to kill him because she loves him" is not cutting it.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#77 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

Actually its a perfectly appropriate Analogy. its a very common thread in japanese and Asian mythos and culture. the Noble Sacrafice.

Its been done before as well. Wolverines had to do ti twice and hes the poster child for that trope. He had to kill Jean because of Phoenix ((comic not movie)), and he had to kill Mariko his fiance because she was poisoned and a clean death was preferrable to a slow wasting death.

In much the same Context Sakuras love for Sasuke even if it is based off the Illusion and lie of the bench scene, still retains its honesty on Sakuras part. She does feel that it is the only way to save him, and end his pain and suffering which is driving him deeper and deeper into a darkness which is only causing him more pain. A vicious cycle that only gets worse.

When the truth of the situation is revealed to her about that bench, well see her feelings crystalize and settle into the appropriate context.

Sasuke will become a teamate and friend that they have to save from the darkness and hatred he is consumed by.

Naruto will become the teamate and friend whoms he loves with all her heart and whom she must save from those who would kill him for the burden he carries.

It is this illusion which must be broken first and this will be done ((hopefully)) in the upcoming confrontation between Sakura and Sasuke.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#78 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:37 AM

I hope this will end up being kinda like, Sakura goes in, gets epic heroine development, kicks some butt, all that good stuff. Then things get beyond her control, and she becomes scared, almost gets killed, Naruto runs in and does an epic save, then tells her he will handle things. Hoping.

#79 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Jan 16 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope this will end up being kinda like, Sakura goes in, gets epic heroine development, kicks some butt, all that good stuff. Then things get beyond her control, and she becomes scared, almost gets killed, Naruto runs in and does an epic save, then tells her he will handle things. Hoping.

I wouldn't want her to get scared and get almost killed because of that, that would be a backward movement away from being a heroine. Look to her fight with Sasori to build on. I'd rather see this- she's fighting and might be afraid inside she'll lose but she keeps fighting with determination, she gets backed into a corner and things look hopeless, but then Naruto arrives and saves her- your epic save smile.gif Naruto says what you said, but Sakura says "No! We do this together, like I promised you!" Naruto flashes back to that moment then looks at Sakura now, and realizes the strength of Sakura's resolve matches his.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#80 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:34 AM

Man! you guys should write this manga:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users