#21 jigglychu

jigglychu

is a MAN

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (DasDeke @ Jan 1 2007, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing wrong with dating an older woman. In fact I prefer it! Not that I don't turn away women younger then me either (well to a point, they's got to be legal). Aaliyah said it best when she said age an't nothing but a number..well sides NaruTsu..that's just ..ew..

Mmm.. NaruTsu XD
Jigs

#22 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Demonic_Wonder @ Dec 31 2006, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Vespar @ Dec 26 2006, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*looks up from reading Icha Icha NaruTsu*
Hmm...?

Now that is one big-ass age difference....like 34 years!!! Unlike a couple months which is hardly a difference at all.

Actually, I think it's 38 years. Yeah, I agree with everyone else. My fiancee' is older than me (by only 10 months). There is nothing wrong with a women dating a younger man, especially when the difference is so inconsequential. Naruto and Sakura are only seven months apart (Sakura being born in March and Naruto in October). After all, it seven months were a big deal, my NarutoHanabi fic would be down right scandelous as they are five years apart.

#23 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 07:57 PM

Hahaha, oh rap. I was born first out of our little chain of family friends. A lot of us are the same age, just I'm a couple of months older and let me TELL YOU SOMETHING. This one guy is hot. That one guy is amazing in personality. I wish I could date him but now he lives a little far away...

Age has never been a problem with me. I'm authorative by nature (respect your elders, dangnabit!) and the fact that I'm the oldest just fits my personality. The guys don't have a problem with that, the girls don't have a problem with that. I do admit, those older guys are mighty attractive with their maturity and support buuut... What girl doesn't love a cute, funny, younger and slightly silly guy? I know I do! tongue.gif

#24 Demonic_Wonder

Demonic_Wonder

Space-Pirate-Ninja Dohicky.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Interests:There's a difference between the things that I do and what interest me.

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

Yes but what if that guy was 38 years younger that you?

#25 TheVileOne

TheVileOne

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Anime, professional wrestling, movies, acting, film criticism, exercising, DVD collecting.

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:45 AM

I think it's hot.

Naruto/Tsunade, Naruto/Anko, and Naruto/Kurenai FTW.

Joe Is Gonna Kill You.

#26 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:34 AM

Well, I do know a couple that is 29 years apart. He's the older one. It certainly has its practical problems in regards to children. In that couples case, if they were to have a child now, there is a good chance he'd be dead before she turned 18. But I think as a general matter most people do not have problem with age differences so long as the younger of the two is at a "reasonable" age. I.e. Tsunade's not doing Naruto when he's still twelve.

#27 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:54 PM

age does not matter in love
care for each other, love each other....that is all that matters
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#28 enigmaofbishieness

enigmaofbishieness

Pink-hair-con

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:26 PM

Yeah, what he said....

And dating an older woman is hot. Up to, you know, a point. Then it's just kinda wrong(if she taught your grandparents in third grade, for example...)

#29 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

i think she should date who ever she chooses too as long as she loves him and all that.

2z3z1wm.gif

#30 Toa

Toa

Shota shota night fever~

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Computer, anime, music, drawing, arts, literature...a lot XD Neil~

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:01 PM

Age doesn't matter! IF they love each other then they won't let their age difference get in the way, besides, they're just months apart!

#31 taker5400

taker5400

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:manga/anime<br />electric guitar<br />metallica<br />finding flaws in the world<br />drawing manga/anime

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:22 AM

a couple months is nothin' my moms older by my step dad by 10 years.

#32 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:40 AM

Born within the same year doesn't really constitute as "older". It might make a funny thing for Naruto to tease Sakura about after they've been married for a while, but months are inconsequential even at 15/16 or even 12/13.

Now once you get into years it really has a creepy pedophilic vibe if a 18 year old is chasing a 12 year old. For a 12 year old anything over 14 is too many years, there's too much psychological maturity differences once you get beyond about 2 years that young. At 15/16 the same goes for anything more than five years. The logical thinking part of the brain isn't fully developed until 21. Now once you get to 21 then it's more on cultural norms.

It is kind of creepy though when 60, 70 year old men date women women in their 20's. It's rarely love in those cases. It's all too often an aging man trying to pretend he's still a virile young man (thus Vigra, etc... booming sales) and the young woman is looking for a sort of daddy surogate to take care of her because she's too afraid to stand on her own two feet. (usually because she came from the sort of family background that ecourages women to depend on a man.) This is why most those marriages break up in a few years, usually when the woman hits her 30's and realizes she doesn't really want/need a surrogate daddy figure anymore. She's finally grown up, but the guy usually hasn't wink.gif he goes and finds another 20 something female. Interestingly enough the older women who get into that kind of relationship and gets burned, usually don't do a repeat performance wink.gif They either say "no more relationships" or they look for the next one with a guy closer to their age.

In your 20's, just because of huge emotional changes you go through in that decade, it's better to pick a partner who is less than 10 years your senior. You will be considerably different at 30 than you are at 20. The change isn't quite as dramatic from 30-40 but it's still signifigant (particularly from age 34-38). It's only once you hit 40 that things stablize, pretty much. Thus a 40 year old and 70 year old are far more likely to have a lasting relationship than a 20 year old and a 60 year old.

Yes, there are always exceptions, but remember that's what they are- exceptions, meaning it's rare. I like fictional relationships to reflect that. I feel a bit uncomfortable when I see overly rosey images in fiction of a relationship that has a very low chance of lasting. (ie a much older man or woman paired with a young woman or man....) Now if it's a middle aged (40's and 50's) man or woman paired with an older man or woman (70's and up) then, as in life, you have a good chance of a lasting relationship.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#33 Tyrconnell

Tyrconnell

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:43 PM

Can I laugh?

Seven months difference?

Wrong?

#34 Sakura Paradise

Sakura Paradise

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:05 PM

Nice, ciardha! I was thinking the same thing...
Hmm... When I was fourteen, there was this really hot guy I met at a birthday party. I was like, OMG WOW HOTTIE! I'm SO getting his e-mail!!! Until ... Someone mentions that he's 10 years old.

Not only did I curse my luck for not knowing earlier, but also that such a cute/mature looking guy was 10! 10! It was pedophile-like to me. On the other hand, some of my male friends/candidates for boyfriends (xD) are a few months younger then me. Doesn't feel weird when I'm with them. A few months within a year is laughable, and not considered bad at all.

If you told me Sakura was only pretending to be a 13 year old a la Tsunade style, and was really 19-20, then that really would be SHOCKING.
Isn't Naruto just the CUTEST thang you've ever seen?

#35 Kazama-san

Kazama-san

ぉヴぇ

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:33 AM

wow a few months isnt that bad i like a girl that is a like 3 months older than me but when it gets like 5-7 years apart it wud be really really creepy
My old name was NaruSaku999

#36 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

She told him to 'Become a good man.'

Don't look?

In spoiler tags because not quite appropriate for this particular topic/sub-forum. Was going to make this my sig, but then I figured it's not appropriate for the whole-forum at all. sweatdrop.gif

NaruSaku is my preferred, but...
...well, this pairing will always have a place in my libido heart.

#37 Kazama-san

Kazama-san

ぉヴぇ

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:47 PM

OMG i looked :blink: that was funny when was this...i forgot after so much fillers
My old name was NaruSaku999

#38 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

I don't think that is a very big time difference, just a few months is nothing big in my opinion. Of course this is coming from a guy who likes the Naruto x Tsunade pairing but hey whatever. By the way, nice pic Vespar.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#39 madelynthemaddy

madelynthemaddy

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:33 PM

*looks up from reading Icha Icha NaruTsu*
Hmm...?

Is that signed by Jiraiya?!?! I missed the signing session damnit!

*reads own very torn and worn Icha Icha NaruTsu*

Ahhh good reading.

#40 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Paradise @ Feb 4 2007, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice, ciardha! I was thinking the same thing...
Hmm... When I was fourteen, there was this really hot guy I met at a birthday party. I was like, OMG WOW HOTTIE! I'm SO getting his e-mail!!! Until ... Someone mentions that he's 10 years old.

Not only did I curse my luck for not knowing earlier, but also that such a cute/mature looking guy was 10! 10! It was pedophile-like to me. On the other hand, some of my male friends/candidates for boyfriends (xD) are a few months younger then me. Doesn't feel weird when I'm with them. A few months within a year is laughable, and not considered bad at all.

If you told me Sakura was only pretending to be a 13 year old a la Tsunade style, and was really 19-20, then that really would be SHOCKING.

You think that is bad? I once had a girl, as in, had, if you get my drift. She looked like a teenager, a great looking one at that, next day I find out, she was almost 20 years older than me! She was 34 I was...13 tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users