• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

Shallow initially, yes. But she's certainly not clingy or desperate. 

Stop. She is all three. The ending showed that.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#22 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

Well I repeat. the couple WOULD have worked if Sasuke was a tsundere, which he isn't. I honestly don't have anything positive to say about SS and not because of shipping preference but because such relationships don't work out in my mind. SS was NEVER about emotional bonding, support or equality it is a wish fulfillment fantasy of girls to  change and melt the heart of the cool, stoic bad boy. but guess what Sasuke ends up moving WAY PAST the bad boy phase and straight up goes to  authority defiant, sociopathy. He more or less has little regard for others if at all, wants to murder all Kages which is downright political assassination, and wants to shape the world as HE SEES FIT, so I can add megalomania to that list. Honestly any self respecting and independent woman can see this behaviour as not beneficial to herself and move on. BUT NO, Kishimoto has to have Sakura pine after Sasuke since She must be the parody of the "girls want bad boys trope" and then HE (Kishimoto) wonders why no one looks up to Sakura. so in conclusion, NO. SS can NEVER BE CANON in a positive note, because Sasuke is self-centred and Sakura's so-called "love for him" (I can't eve call that love by the way) is self destructive.

Also, that whole moving on from Sasuke would make her a "terrible woman" bit. That really takes the cake. Moving on from a violent, emotionally unstable sociopath makes you a "terrible woman"? Finding happiness with someone who appreciates you, is patient with you, understands you, encourages you, and generally makes you fell comforted and happy makes you a TERRIBLE WOMAN? HONESTLY? Naruto is not some sort of conciliation prize he proved TIME AND TIME AGAIN that he cares for Sakura, not as a trophy to be won, but as a person and is quite selfless to the point it boggles my mind how anyone with any basic understanding of Human interaction would even swallow that kitten that Naruto saw Sakura as a medal to be from Sasuke. FIRST OF ALL did Sasuke show ANY attraction to Sakura in the first place? No? Well there you go. Sakura was never a trophy to begin with because Sasuke never wanted her. In fact if a girl "pining for Sasuke" is all it takes for Naruto to see winning that girl's affections from Sasuke as "he beat him in something", why couldn't he have picked another random fan girl like Ino, or any of the other hundreds of girls with crushes on Sasuke? Why would he single out Sakura out of all Sasuke's fan girls if he was not in fact attracted to her for her on some level? Is that not how attraction works?

Actually on that note, I have a "opinion" on the NH couple that I will post on the debate thread at a later date

The problem is still the fact that Sasuke decided to go a more evil route in the story than just being a introvert which is what Tsundere's usually are. They hide their true feelings with a tough facade.

In order for Sasuke to be that he couldn't just be evil, plan to kill people, and take over the world. Not even the most idealistic introverts think that way. Which means that in order for SS to be seen as "good" Sasuke can never do anything to like leave the village or persue revenge or have Naruto go after him the entire time. The fact that Sasuke and Naruto had to fight to near death is proof that Sasuke is not as introverted as they think. He wanted to destroy everything that causes him pain. That is a reminder of things that he lost. Someone who is an introvert would not persue this. It is not within their character unless they change.

That means most of the story of Naruto would not be him spending a god awful amount trying to "bring Sasuke back." Instead, it would be more Dragonball Z style with Sasuke being more like Vegeta in that he will help and occasionally fight against Goku ina  true rivalry.

In order for SS to work...you basically need to turn Sasuke and Sakura into Vegeta and Bulma. Even Vegeta is not as heartless as Sasuke and at least he spends time with his son and takes him out.

"Son, if you can land a hit on me, I will take you to the park for one hour."

His methods are different, but Vegeta is still a better father and husband than Sasuke. You know how? Vegeta actually came back and was there for his son from time to time.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#23 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

Sasuke is a tsundere, sakura is not. Yea ok. Bs again.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#24 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:12 PM

In order for SS to work...you basically need to turn Sasuke and Sakura into Vegeta and Bulma. Even Vegeta is not as heartless as Sasuke and at least he spends time with his son and takes him out.

If Yamcha had been the main character, Vegeta and Bulma would have been a huge problem. But at least Vegeta never tried to kill Bulma. At least not directly.

#25 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:29 PM

Sasuke is a tsundere, sakura is not. Yea ok. Bs again.

Sasuke is a tsundere to naruto.

Sakura is not a new school tsundere but more to an old school tsundere.
I see her as more ordinary girl archetype.

Kurama is the tsundere in this series which is laughable in the bad way.

#26 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

If Yamcha had been the main character, Vegeta and Bulma would have been a huge problem. But at least Vegeta never tried to kill Bulma. At least not directly.

Yamcha as a main character is a heresy.

#27 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

Does anyone ship Vegeta and Chi Chi? Like did Goku just get lucky that he married her before Vegeta even showed up? Because that type of guy is completely irresistible apparently.

Edited by DrK, 24 November 2017 - 11:36 PM.

#28 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:43 PM

Does anyone ship Vegeta and Chi Chi? Like did Goku just get lucky that he married her before Vegeta even showed up? Because that type of guy is completely irresistible apparently.

Anyone can ship anyone. Unlike kishi, toriyama pair character just for the sake of it and to give new character. The only "love story" he ever did in db is kuririnxno18 and gohanxvidel.

Despite author disinterest in romance, kuririnxno18 is better love story than naruto.

#29 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

Anyone can ship anyone. Unlike kishi, toriyama pair character just for the sake of it and to give new character. The only "love story" he ever did in db is kuririnxno18 and gohanxvidel.

Despite author disinterest in romance, kuririnxno18 is better love story than naruto.

I know, Toriyama acknowledged that he was bad at it and therefore he didn't do it. Kishi also acknowledged that he was bad at it, but did it a LOT for whatever reason.

#30 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:05 AM

I know, Toriyama acknowledged that he was bad at it and therefore he didn't do it. Kishi also acknowledged that he was bad at it, but did it a LOT for whatever reason.

The problem is in naruto, the title and protagonist and the heroine have a love story and treat with some seriousness. If naruto behave like dragonball than yeah I can see that, but he make the romantic subplot like the combination of slamdunk, Akira, and berserk romantic subplot.

#31 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

The problem is in naruto, the title and protagonist and the heroine have a love story and treat with some seriousness. If naruto behave like dragonball than yeah I can see that, but he make the romantic subplot like the combination of slamdunk, Akira, and berserk romantic subplot.

I said this before, but Berserk treated the heroine with far more respect.

#32 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:59 AM

I said this before, but Berserk treated the heroine with far more respect.

You read berserk too?

#33 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:47 AM

Sasuke is a tsundere to naruto.
Sakura is not a new school tsundere but more to an old school tsundere.
I see her as more ordinary girl archetype.
Kurama is the tsundere in this series which is laughable in the bad way.

Sakura fills every Tsundare characteristic, exuding the fact that her tsundereness isn't directed at her End game love interest, but towards the guy that WAS going to be the end game.

I wouldn't even call Sasuke a tsundere for the most part. He's a stoic.

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 25 November 2017 - 01:48 AM.

#34 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:49 AM

Sakura fills every Tsundare characteristic, exuding the fact that her tsundereness isn't directed at her End game love interest, but towards the guy that WAS going to be the end game.

Yeah, if NS wasn't the intention he should have shown that Sakura acted this way around more people than just Naruto. For instance with Lee she's thankful for his protecting her, but she doesn't show any kind of warmth towards him. Or just don't have her act that way around Naruto. More nonsensical crap.

And you notice that in the post canon material she doesn't act this way around Naruto at all anymore. So it wasn't just a weird thing between her and Naruto, but her being interested in him. So she was emotionally betraying Sasuke. What a cool true love story.

And rocci yeah I used to.

Edited by DrK, 25 November 2017 - 01:53 AM.

#35 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:57 AM

The only good way to end SS is to let it sink and have Sakura overcome her character flaw addiction to Sasuke and
embrace independence.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 25 November 2017 - 02:57 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#36 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:06 AM

The only good way to end SS is to let it sink and have Sakura overcome her character flaw addiction to Sasuke and
embrace independence.

Yeah, a better thread title would have been "Ending with SS in a better, though still narratively screwed up, way"

#37 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

Lool :lmao: there is that word again.

#38 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

Do you need a thesaurus or something? There is an app for that :zaru:

#39 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

Shame because for someone with a degree in writing you seem awfully droll at it.

#40 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

Oh would you rather I backhandedly insult you like you do everyone else? Every post You make is "nonono you poor fools just can't read, your FEELINGS are blinding you to the truth." I'm sick of it, and imnpretty sure everyone else is too.

Stop thinking and acting like you alone are the authority and maybe people will stop rolling their damn eyes at you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sasusaku

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users