31571 replies to this topic

#26861 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

Well, not you can't win against them, but you can make sure they don't win either by tripping them on their own logic. This is why people like Analyzer fail. They have a good argument going and then trip because they ignore some details or begin to apply counter-intuitive arguments that go against their own arguments. You essentially make them beat themselves so you don't have to.

Like what me, Bail, and many others have said in a previous post, if NH didn't need the movie to be canon and it is all in the manga, then why was the movie made in the first place? They can't explain that one and when you have the answer that in reality, and Kishimoto even admitted, that NH had no development in the manga and thus why they created the movie...they begin to trip on themselves. Which is why they fall back on the "It is not a romance manga."

That is their go to argument whenever they get pushed into a corner where they just can't explain something without admitting NH is a sham, but they are too prideful to say it was a retcon. Then they say "you just don't get it" or "You're just a salty pairing fan."

It's funny how it goes in these arguments. They are so predictable that I can already win the argument without them saying a word really.

After a while, they start accusing you of things they do themselves.
"You need to accept the canon for what it is."
Yet, they whine when things don't go their way or they deny anything that goes against what they feel. They love playing the canon card until the canon goes against what they think.

"It is Kishimoto's story and you should accept his decisions."
Yet again deny anything Kishimoto says against them as joking and claims that they know what Kishimoto true intention was. Ex. How dysfunctional SS is.

"The only reason why you hate the ending was because your pairing didn't become canon."
Meanwhile the only reason why they love the ending is because their pairings became canon.

It's just too easy after a while. It's not coming up with the arguments that frustrates me...it is the fact that they live in such denial all for the sake that they want to think their pairing is the best pairing in anime history when it really isn't. It is a massive fustercluck of a pairing.

SP be like: Naruto and Hinata are soulmates!!!! But they have no romantic development at all!!!! So we we made this movie to force believability of their romance down the audience's throats!!!! because even WE don't think they have good development!!!!! Believe it!!!!! :lmao:  :zaru:

Kishi: Sure, go with that. I don't care.

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 December 2018 - 11:52 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26862 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:16 AM

a few days late, but almost 98% of my laptops space was filled (mainly from my editing software) so I had to format all the files clean and redo the final part of this anniversary podcast (luckily it turned out the same way it did the first time I had it finished).

I give you The Naruto Finale Podcast: 4 Year Anniversary Part II again with fellow members lkmnjh aka Steve, Sparda3g (TouKen4life), and BlueStarSaber)

Sadly, Chatte wasnt able to be apart of this final part of the podcast as she got a fever towards the end of the Part I Podcast we recorded, which man I wouldve loved to get her input on Part II and the characters with the ending after 4 years. Health more than anything is important and hopefully shes feeling better now!

Edited by LuckyChi7, 23 December 2018 - 05:49 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#26863 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

title of kishi's new series with some interesting details revealed from Jump Festa 2019: 

Samurai 8: http://www.narusaku....showtopic=16477

Edited by LuckyChi7, 23 December 2018 - 01:48 PM.

#26864 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:27 PM

title of kishi's new series with some interesting details revealed from Jump Festa 2019: 

Samurai 8: http://www.narusaku....showtopic=16477

Well...I was right. Now where to put comments.

#26865 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:03 PM

lol well guys I just so this funny vid with Vegeta punching Sasuke in the face, I mean the voice over said this. "You think Sasuke Uchiha is a little kitten and wish someone would to kick his ass."

I'll leave a link it made me laugh so much just jump to 1:11 to the vid as it's worth it seeing Sasuke getting punched in the face.

#26866 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:12 AM

JFC, I make one little paragraph and the whole thing gets derailed...

Anyway, back to the topic on hand:

Another thing that's astonishing about the ship wars here in regards to Naruto...is how intense they got.

I mean, really. Back in Part 1, it was very clearly action-oriented. I think for most everyone the ships were just a fun thing. Not even in the first half of Part 2 did it get so heated.

But ever since that stupid confession, everyone went full retard. Naruto wasn't about romance, but looking at shipping arguments a newcomer would certainly think so. I suppose this is what part of what kept it going for so long after Kishimoto wanted to end it, and he put out hints that got both shippers super-hyped. 

What probably started out as low priority for the creators seemed to have suddenly shifted to their main focus, and a little too late at that. No time to give Hinata acceptable development and needed to delay to make the movie, no time to let us down gently and keep us interested, and now you've got what we're at now. 

Does anyone remember when you were allowed to like the idea of two characters getting together, but wouldn't throw a tantrum if it didn't happen?

Just me then?

As for Boruto, sounds like they've got a movie in the works. However, given that we have yet to see anything on what this movie is going to be about, I imagine it won't be until next year that we'll even get a trailer, which will mean probably another 6 months before the actual film. But realistically, at the pace Boruto is going, what can we expect? The reason The Last and Boruto the movie were successful in the first place was that they were canon. No matter how bad they might have been, coming off the end of a long-running series pretty much guaranteed them good money.

Boruto just hasn't moved that far along to justify a movie to be declared canon, or at least have a story worthy of the big screen, which means it would have to be non-canon, kind of like how shonen anime films were done back in the day. Even if it's a decent movie, it automatically won't see the same success of those last two because of that. Not as many fans are willing to pay a lot of money to watch a movie that won't be part of the canon story-line. 

MAYBE it will have great animation going for it, but again, most companies don't want to put that much money into a movie that's not going to be held up as canon in the first place.

AND Kishimoto's new manga is...Samurai 8? :dry: Wasn't there already a sci-fi anime called Samurai 7? Based on Kurosawa's Seven Samurai?

This just screams laziness to me. And after screwing up ninja, I thought it would be best if Kishimoto kept his distance from Japanese warriors...or any established warriors for that matter. 

Guess nothing else he came up with was marketable.

#26867 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

going off topic but you know how we keep bringing up spiderman renew your vows? was it really cancelled or is it just on break because of spidergeddon, since it turns out not only were they involved in spidergeddon but annie was one of the main keys to winning the battle.

I hope it does end up continuing or getting some kind of new continuation. also merry christmas/happy holidays everyone.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#26868 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

JFC, I make one little paragraph and the whole thing gets derailed...

Anyway, back to the topic on hand:

Another thing that's astonishing about the ship wars here in regards to Naruto...is how intense they got.

I mean, really. Back in Part 1, it was very clearly action-oriented. I think for most everyone the ships were just a fun thing. Not even in the first half of Part 2 did it get so heated.

But ever since that stupid confession, everyone went full retard. Naruto wasn't about romance, but looking at shipping arguments a newcomer would certainly think so. I suppose this is what part of what kept it going for so long after Kishimoto wanted to end it, and he put out hints that got both shippers super-hyped. 

What probably started out as low priority for the creators seemed to have suddenly shifted to their main focus, and a little too late at that. No time to give Hinata acceptable development and needed to delay to make the movie, no time to let us down gently and keep us interested, and now you've got what we're at now. 

Does anyone remember when you were allowed to like the idea of two characters getting together, but wouldn't throw a tantrum if it didn't happen?

Just me then?

That's partly fandom in general. In over a decade of participating in fandom and the like, it's become pretty clear that to a certain subset, who's schtupping who ends up being the main interest, to the point some of them seem to forget what kind of comic they're reading/show they're watching. That's not just a knock at Naruto fandom, it happened in Teen Titans - and, to be honest, pairings aside I wasn't a fan of that show even though I love the Titans in most other forms, and by the way, BBxRae fo' life - and many others. Hell, during the heyday of the original Teen Titans show back around 2004 a mod on the shows Narutofan equivalent forum outright said BBxRaes should be taken out back and shot. Hell, from what an older compatriot in the BBxRae fandom once told me, it goes as far back as the sixties when slash fanfic of Kirk and Spock started to be a thing. Star Trek couldn't be further from actual pairing stuff.

Another part is that I think that might have been all that was left once the man plot got bad. Granted, I'm going by my own example and a small subset of others, but I met a few people here I'm still close friends with today and speak to on a daily basis. Hell, I went on a trip with one of those friends. It's part of the nostalgia that brought me back. We all stopped coming and really participating in the fandom at one point or another and the reason is generally "man that plot was trash". I thought Pein was my hard stop, but I've realized recently I actually made it as far as the aforementioned confession, since I think that was the chapter thread I COMPLETELY DERAILED, and the Kage summit before I dropped off (I came here sporadically to keep tabs and see if there were any developments in the ship). One of my friends lost interest a little further ahead and stopped coming around here, though they finished out the manga. Another seemed to mostly drop out entirely. That's just me and my friends, of course, but if that happened in any appreciable number over time that probably leaves discussion to hardcore shippers who only really care much about that. So ends my bulls*** theory that might not even be right.

AND Kishimoto's new manga is...Samurai 8? :dry: Wasn't there already a sci-fi anime called Samurai 7? Based on Kurosawa's Seven Samurai?

This just screams laziness to me. And after screwing up ninja, I thought it would be best if Kishimoto kept his distance from Japanese warriors...or any established warriors for that matter. 

Guess nothing else he came up with was marketable.

I expect some Seven Samurai knock-offs/re-imaginings from time to time. That movie and Gundam, for another example, are as culturally important to Japan as, like, Star Wars is to Americans. If he doesn't do anything interesting with it and remakes it almost completely straight, then yeah, kind of bogus. Sci-fi Seven Samurai has been done a couple times.

going off topic but you know how we keep bringing up spiderman renew your vows? was it really cancelled or is it just on break because of spidergeddon, since it turns out not only were they involved in spidergeddon but annie was one of the main keys to winning the battle.

I don't keep close tabs but from what I heard it wasn't selling too hot from near the start, so it's probably canceled for now. But there will probably be some kind of continuation at some point, given how that crossover ended. Spider-Gwen can travel the multiverse now, I believe, so I won't be surprised if that book stops in to check in May and Annie. Or maybe they'll do a team-up mini outside big Verse events. Worse case scenario, she'll be back in the next big Spider-Verse event, probably around when the sequel to the film is close to release.

That said, geez, who do I have to kill to get a Sp//dr book? Or at least a mini? I know Gerard Way's busy with Umbrella Academy (kittening FINALLY), Doom Patrol and another title or two, but when he has an opening I'd love to see that.

also merry christmas/happy holidays everyone

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

Edited by dl316bh, 25 December 2018 - 06:28 PM.

bd5.jpg

#26869 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:29 AM

*Kishi* What if I did a manga....based on Samurai Seven, BUT...there's actually an EIGHTH one that nobody else seems to like because...he had a DEMON sealed inside of him when he was born...so he grew up as a nobody while all the nobles thought he would fail at life and so he wants to be taught to prove them all wrong and that hard work can overcome bloodline! I'm SO clever!

2e5.gif

#26870 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:48 AM

and then give him a fan girl with huge knockers!!!!! :zaru:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26871 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:05 AM

I remember that when a pairing I like didn't become canon, I didn't throw a tantrum.

Fruits Basket was one. I liked TohruXYuki....everyone else liked TohruXKyo. When TohruXKyo became canon, it didn't bother me. Was I disappointed? Maybe, but what really upset me was how the story took a huge dark turn around Volume 15 and how Yuki...loved Tohru like a mother...wha? That one freaked me out.

So, based on past experiences, it is not the pairings that drive me nuts, but what the writer does with the story.

lol well guys I just so this funny vid with Vegeta punching Sasuke in the face, I mean the voice over said this. "You think Sasuke Uchiha is a little kitten and wish someone would to kick his ass."

I'll leave a link it made me laugh so much just jump to 1:11 to the vid as it's worth it seeing Sasuke getting punched in the face.

He has my vote.

Renegade4life.

Weird Random thought: Am I the only one who actually doesn't like Miles Morales? I feel like I am the only one who is not thrilled about him.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26872 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:43 PM

I remember that when a pairing I like didn't become canon, I didn't throw a tantrum.

Fruits Basket was one. I liked TohruXYuki....everyone else liked TohruXKyo. When TohruXKyo became canon, it didn't bother me. Was I disappointed? Maybe, but what really upset me was how the story took a huge dark turn around Volume 15 and how Yuki...loved Tohru like a mother...wha? That one freaked me out.

So, based on past experiences, it is not the pairings that drive me nuts, but what the writer does with the story.

He has my vote.

Renegade4life.

Weird Random thought: Am I the only one who actually doesn't like Miles Morales? I feel like I am the only one who is not thrilled about him.

I think he's okay, but he's not really someone I can legitimately say he's one of the best characters in existence.  After all his real purpose for existing is because Peter Parker ends up dying that's it.  The only incarnation of Miles I've legitimately found interest in is the one from the PS4 Spider-Man game.  The one from into the spider-verse is good too, but my preference goes to the PS4 game. 

For me Peter Parker will forever be the true Spider-Man. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 26 December 2018 - 04:43 PM.

#26873 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

For me Peter Parker will forever be the true Spider-Man. 

I think the vast majority of people feel that way.

Myself, personally, I'm always going to like Peter Parker. But I've reached a part of my life where I've consumed so much media with him, I want more of the other Spider-Men. Give me Peni Parker in the SP//DR suit. Miguel O'Hara of the year 2099. Ock as the Superior Spider-Man. The Noir version of Peter. Miles too, obviously. Spider-Punk. Supaidaman in his ridiculously awesome Spider-Mech, being an emissary of hell. I think that's half the fun of Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon. You don't get to see much of most of these characters.

But I'm also the weirdo who prefers any love interest to Mary Jane and would rather Batman hang out with love interests other than Catwoman, so grain of salt.

After all his real purpose for existing is because Peter Parker ends up dying that's it.

In Into the Spider-Verse, that's true enough, but he's existed alongside Peter Parker for a lot of his existence now. He initially got his shot when Ultimate Peter Parker seemed to die, but Ultimate Pete eventually came back because, come to find out, in the ultimate universe the spider-bite makes it really freaking difficult for him - and Norman Osborn; in the Ultimate universe the spider that bit Peter was experimented on with the drug Norman uses on himself - to die. Then they end up merging him with the regular universe and he's kind of got to be part of the 616 Spider crew, while having his own unique life.

I look at it as a Flash situation, there's room for plenty, especially when they all feel so different as characters. People don't really confuse Wally for Barry for Bart for Jay, you know?

bd5.jpg

#26874 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:18 PM

I think he's okay, but he's not really someone I can legitimately say he's one of the best characters in existence. 

I just don't see what he brings to the table. I love Spider-Gwen myself because it was a different take on the concept. Miles Morales just feels....like a gimmick. I don't know. I just don't find him compelling or anything he does special. It is just like driving in a race where you can drive any car you want, but it is the same boring race track of the same Daytona 500 loop. You want to drive a race track that has tight corners, let's you open the car up, and test it to its limits. Miles just don't do that for me.

Another problem I face is is when I say this people say I am racist. "You don't like Miles? You're ray-cest"

I just can't think of anything grand Miles has done that Peter Parker hasn't already shown.

I look at it as a Flash situation, there's room for plenty, especially when they all feel so different as characters. People don't really confuse Wally for Barry for Bart for Jay, you know?

It's funny you mention this because you're right, but there are also plenty of people in the Flash family as they call it that you probably don't care about such as Jesse Quick or even Avery Ho.

I think Miles is all hype. I can;t think of one thing that makes Miles special other than the obvious and trivial differences. He just has no character.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26875 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:52 PM

It's funny you mention this because you're right, but there are also plenty of people in the Flash family as they call it that you probably don't care about such as Jesse Quick or even Avery Ho.

Jesse Quick never really had a big role, though, which is probably why she seemed to rarely interact with the family in a lot of the comics I've read. Though maybe she was around more during Waids run, I have only read so much of his. She didn't have a defined role like, say, Max Mercury, who at least got to be mentor for Bart even if he didn't have anything else going on.

I like Miles a lot and enjoy his different upbringing. Kid's got heart and I enjoyed how his family works in his private life, something Peter never really had, given everyone besides Aunt May died a long time ago. He also speaks to a different sort of upbringing we don't always get to see a lot, something I'd always appreciated out of DC's Blue Beetle ongoings that have come and gone since Infinite Crisis. I liked that he ended up having an artistic streak, as opposed to Peters science geek. One thing I enjoyed about Into the Spider-Verses version is that it added to him by making him inspired by Spider-Mans sacrifice, rather than feeling guilt by it, like in Ultimate (thankfully, they brought Ultimate Pete back, so the guilt could kind of fade away as a reason); Peters life as Spider-Man is driven almost entirely BY guilt, so it's a nice separation. Miles was also a nice change of pace as the other Spider-Man during the Dan Slott run of Spider-Man, dealing with more ground level personal issues and lives rather than Peter Parker, big time scientist and later psuedo-Iron Man (which, in the case of the latter, I admit I enjoyed Worldwide a lot despite hating the concept).

But I've also been reading him from his introduction in Ultimate Spider-Man on forward, so I have a lot of experience with him, and I don't know what yours is. Maybe you've read some of his better solo comics and still aren't into him, which, you know, fair enough, or maybe you just know him from events or something. Either way, agree to disagree, I guess.

I find your description of Miles fits New 52 Wally West a while lot better, honestly. It's been like five or six years and that character still has nothing going on.

bd5.jpg

#26876 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:15 PM

Jesse Quick never really had a big role, though, which is probably why she seemed to rarely interact with the family in a lot of the comics I've read. Though maybe she was around more during Waids run, I have only read so much of his. She didn't have a defined role like, say, Max Mercury, who at least got to be mentor for Bart even if he didn't have anything else going on.

Are you sure about that? Perhaps it would be more recognizable if I said the name "Jesse Chambers" or even "Jesse Wells" who is considered one of the major parts of the Flash Family. She even makes an appearance on the Flash Tv show along with Wally thought with some slight changes to her origin.

Max Mercury, outside of teaching Wally West, doesn't really do much either. I would say they both have equal contribution to the Flash story and both having great impact on Wally's life. Granted, if you follow Barry Allen they don't do much, but she still plays a heavy role in Wally's story overall.

I like Miles a lot and enjoy his different upbringing. Kid's got heart and I enjoyed how his family works in his private life, something Peter never really had, given everyone besides Aunt May died a long time ago. He also speaks to a different sort of upbringing we don't always get to see a lot, something I'd always appreciated out of DC's Blue Beetle ongoings that have come and gone since Infinite Crisis. I liked that he ended up having an artistic streak, as opposed to Peters science geek. One thing I enjoyed about Into the Spider-Verses version is that it added to him by making him inspired by Spider-Mans sacrifice, rather than feeling guilt by it, like in Ultimate (thankfully, they brought Ultimate Pete back, so the guilt could kind of fade away as a reason); Peters life as Spider-Man is driven almost entirely BY guilt, so it's a nice separation. Miles was also a nice change of pace as the other Spider-Man during the Dan Slott run of Spider-Man, dealing with more ground level personal issues and lives rather than Peter Parker, big time scientist and later psuedo-Iron Man (which, in the case of the latter, I admit I enjoyed Worldwide a lot despite hating the concept).

Funny because I "know" more about Blue Beetle than I do Miles Morales. I read some of Miles stuff, but maybe that is the problem...it has been done before, but with more originality. 

Blue Beetle, Static Shock (I highly enjoy him and kind of wish we get a live action of him. A good live-action), and a few others kind of have very similar concepts. Young, enthusiastic kids, who obtain super powers and start to use them in different ways. It's not really a newer concept. It's not catching me. What makes Miles different? So far, I can't see anything he does or has that is different than any other superhero I have seen. Why read Miles when I can read Static Shock who has a similar upbringing and has a completely different power set.. He is also artistic and is not a science geek. He actually has a friend Richie who does that for him.

What does Miles bring to the table that is unique to him and associates with him only? Like I said, I get the same stuff from watching Blue Beetle and Static Shock. Two older, and DC, superheroes.

I have just seen it all before and want to see something else.

I find your description of Miles fits New 52 Wally West a while lot better, honestly. It's been like five or six years and that character still has nothing going on.

Irony that the Wally West from Justice League cartoon series is more well known than both New 52 and Miles. What's even funnier is your description of Miles reads very much like Jon Kent or Superman's son. Even so far that Jon brings some new viewpoints to the concept of Superman such as finding beauty in destruction and even challenging Superman at his core. Even funnier when Jon Kent and Damien Wayne are basically "what if Batman and Superman grew up as kids."

(Update: The gay pedophile porn of Damien Wayne and Jon Kent is disturbing. All I was trying to look for was a certain comic panel and I get....well, I don't want to describe it. Just know it is...disturbing. Not even adult versions.)

What is interesting is Naruto makes an appearance in Jon Kent's room as he is into anime.

I know we have gotten off topic with this, so let me try to rope this back in.
Considering parentage...I think the relationship between Superman and his son Jon in rebirth is what I think Naruto and Shinachiku would have. If you ever read the relationship, they show how they can both be like father and son and yet also be their own things. Jon adds so much and a younger viewpoint Superman never had. It's kind of refreshing and yet different. It doesn't overstep Superman, but it does take Superman deeper. Jon is a kid who makes mistakes and admits them, Superman being the good father consoles him and shows him that being who you are is not wrong. Unlike Naruto and Burrito who Naruto keeps saying you need to be one way and Burrito is asking him what the hell is wrong with him.

It such an estranged family bond if I can even call it a bond at all. Heck, Peter and Miles make a better father and son combo...and they aren't even father and son.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 26 December 2018 - 09:15 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26877 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:52 PM

My gosh, I thought I was alone on this. I really liked Tohru/Yuki. Tohru/Kyo was okay, but I didn't like it as much. So I was disappointed when it happened over Tohru/Yuki. The whole 'Yuki loving Tohru as a mother' thing was always BS to me. It was just a cheap way to end the love triangle. I didn't like the girl Yuki ended up with either. 

And now the creator is doing a new series called "Fruits Basket: Another" based on everyone's kids. (Cuz it had a Naruto ending where everyone and their dog was paired with someone) I kind of want to read it but at the same time...not really.

Off topic, but I just had to comment on that.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#26878 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

I was a Love Hina fan back during high school. I liked the manga, even though I was reading dark fanfics where the girls had to deal with the consequences of their actions. I was more a Keitaro x Motoko fan because, while she was initially the most violent girl, she had a lot of character growth as she grew close to Keitaro. Hell, I was actually upset when I read the author was going to go with my pairing but decided Keitaro x Naru was more expected or something. And I really, really didn't like how Keitaro had to become a clone of Naru's crush in order to get with her. I agree with a lot of the complaints about how the series has aged, how it has this double standard where the girls can get away with anything while Keitaro is fate's chewtoy for the lols, but it wasn't the ending that ruined it for me. I still look back a little fondly of those times... though I do see those darkfics are a lot more common nowadays.

I've read Kiss Him, Not Me and I didn't care who won in the end. Each guy provided to be a good choice for the female lead as they grew closer to each other. I started Hatsukoi Zombie after clicking on some random titles (Delicious in Dungeon is on break next month), and I don't care which one of the two female leads it's protagonist gets with cause they each have chemistry and growth. Hell, I'll even support Ranma x Akane (though unlike Keitaro, Ranma deserves a lot of what he gets).

I don't like Kira x Lacus because they don't have chemistry and come across as holier than thou. Midori no Hibi had it's female lead losing her memories of the series, so I felt her win wasn't as good. It's like she'll wake up from her coma and automatically score her dream man, though at least she has the diary to tell her what she went through.

You get the idea.

I can break down why I feel NaruHina doesn't work. How she comes across as someone who doesn't believe in Naruto to me and is using that pitiful image of him to boost her own sense of self-worth. How it undermines Naruto's growth throughout the series. It's not a good relationship whatsoever.

Edited by RulesofNature, 26 December 2018 - 09:57 PM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#26879 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:58 PM

My gosh, I thought I was alone on this. I really liked Tohru/Yuki. Tohru/Kyo was okay, but I didn't like it as much. So I was disappointed when it happened over Tohru/Yuki. The whole 'Yuki loving Tohru as a mother' thing was always BS to me. It was just a cheap way to end the love triangle. I didn't like the girl Yuki ended up with either. 

And now the creator is doing a new series called "Fruits Basket: Another" based on everyone's kids. (Cuz it had a Naruto ending where everyone and their dog was paired with someone) I kind of want to read it but at the same time...not really.

Off topic, but I just had to comment on that.

Yeah, right? It was all really weird. Then they had the reveal that Kyo could have saved Tohru's mother and Akito was actually a girl (which I swear is a retcon.) Even in the anime, Akito was far more masculine. Tsukasa in .hack was more believable as a girl and she actually was.

I didn't know about Fruits Basket: Another. What is everyone going for the "The Next generation" story type?

I was a Love Hina fan back during high school. I liked the manga, even though I was reading dark fanfics where the girls had to deal with the consequences of their actions. I was more a Keitaro x Motoko fan because, while she was initially the most violent girl, she had a lot of character growth as she grew close to Keitaro. Hell, I was actually upset when I read the author was going to go with my pairing but decided Keitaro x Naru was more expected or something. And I really, really didn't like how Keitaro had to become a clone of Naru's crush in order to get with her. I agree with a lot of the complaints about how the series has aged, how it has this double standard where the girls can get away with anything while Keitaro is fate's chewtoy for the lols, but it wasn't the ending that ruined it for me. I still look back a little fondly of those times... though I do see those darkfics are a lot more common nowadays.

I've read Kiss Him, Not Me and I didn't care who won in the end. Each guy provided to be a good choice for the female lead as they grew closer to each other. I started Hatsukoi Zombie after clicking on some random titles (Delicious in Dungeon is on break next month), and I don't care which one of the two female leads it's protagonist gets with cause they each have chemistry and growth. Hell, I'll even support Ranma x Akane (though unlike Keitaro, Ranma deserves a lot of what he gets).

I don't like Kira x Lacus because they don't have chemistry and come across as holier than thou. Midori no Hibi had it's female lead losing her memories of the series, so I felt her win wasn't as good. It's like she'll wake up from her coma and automatically score her dream man, though at least she has the diary to tell her what she went through.

You get the idea.

I can break down why I feel NaruHina doesn't work. How she comes across as someone who doesn't believe in Naruto to me and is using that pitiful image of him to boost her own sense of self-worth. How it undermines Naruto's growth throughout the series. It's not a good relationship whatsoever.

I remember Love Hina. I didn't really have a pairing choice with that one. I just watched it though I can see why you felt the way you did. The other ones I did not watch.

Although, what you said about Love Hina reminds me of High School of the Dead. I want Takashi and Saeko to be a thing, but I know was going to be Takashi and Rei even though Rei is totally not deserving of him. Too bad the writer died of illness.

Yeah, Saeko always seemed like a better choice since she actually respects the Takashi and not just use him whenever she feels like it like Rei does who only seems to care about Takashi when other girls try to move in on the action. Also funny how she had no interest in Takashi until after Hisashi died and yet she accuses Takashi of jealousy.

I am partially glad HOTD is not gonna finish.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 26 December 2018 - 10:05 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26880 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:33 PM

You mention HOTD, but now you just reminded me of Magical Girl Apocalypse. That is the series that starts off like a HOTD ripoff, but then the plot goes to the bar for two-for-one tequila shots and comes back completely trashed. They stopped scanlating it, but from what I could glimpse the ending was just horrible.

See, there was this moe girl who had the blood of a witch. In the original timeline, she didn't have a kid for some big magical apocalypse thing so the evil guys decided to meddle in her past. They create this zombie-like scenario where she would get closer to the guy she wanted. Her past self was also possessed, killed the parents of the girl the guy would have hooked up with and forced the other girl to bully her for moe points. So this other girl is the victim, and the manga seems to be indicating she'll get together with the guy she likes. Then timetravel bull happens and insane twists happen, and the scanlation stops. It's freaking happy hour.

In the end, the male lead dies to save the world. The moe girl ends up having a son with him, while the other girl is left alone. And I'm just left wondering what happened.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users