#21 naruto-sama

naruto-sama

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Games, NaruSaku, HHr, Coffee xD

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:16 PM

woah! people who never heard of the Thundercats!! this made me feel really really old

anyway my top 5:

Thundercats
Transformers
Saint Seiya
Captain Tsubasa
and of course The Smurfs tongue.gif

#22 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (naruto-sama @ Nov 22 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Captain Tsubasa

I could I forget about Captain Tsubasa!?

That's what drove me to play football. (Soccer or whatever you yanks use for the king sport. )

#23 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (naruto-sama @ Nov 22 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
woah! people who never heard of the Thundercats!! this made me feel really really old

It just seemed...so odd to me, and it really made me realize that there is a whole generation out there that have truly missed out on the classics, and have grown up on the crap they call 'cartoons' nowadays.

#24 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:37 PM

Most of these were Polish Dubbed over Italian Dubs :]
-General Daimos
-Voltron
-Mighty Morphing Power Rangers
-Yatta-Man

Edited by Pite, 22 November 2009 - 10:38 PM.

The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#25 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 22 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It just seemed...so odd to me, and it really made me realize that there is a whole generation out there that have truly missed out on the classics, and have grown up on the crap they call 'cartoons' nowadays.

That's silly.

I grew up with the works of Stephen Fry, Rowan Atkinson, Hugh Laurie and Monty Python. My childhood resumed of me going outside, making friends and laughing my bum off to the works of the best comedians and child-plays of the world.

Some cartoons were scarred into my mind, such as Lupin the Third, Fist of the North Star, Voltron, Captain Tsubasa, etc. ( In a nutshell I missed out on the classics. )

Now that mentality you hold about calling stuff of nowadays is crap, I agree with you! I swear! But then it's the same as our parents, even worse, grandparents, complaining about us not listening to Charleston and waving our hats at those 'sweet dames' and spit at Germans.

In 20 years from now on, perhaps everyone will wear S&M gear and swear as if it was normal language, just like in Mad Max.

Hmmmmmmmmm~~~ Mad Max.

#26 Lazy-Genius

Lazy-Genius

Left here a learner, came back a brony

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:35 AM

Pokemon FTW!!!!! argh1.png

#27 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Nov 22 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's silly.

I grew up with the works of Stephen Fry, Rowan Atkinson, Hugh Laurie and Monty Python. My childhood resumed of me going outside, making friends and laughing my bum off to the works of the best comedians and child-plays of the world.

Some cartoons were scarred into my mind, such as Lupin the Third, Fist of the North Star, Voltron, Captain Tsubasa, etc. ( In a nutshell I missed out on the classics. )

Now that mentality you hold about calling stuff of nowadays is crap, I agree with you! I swear! But then it's the same as our parents, even worse, grandparents, complaining about us not listening to Charleston and waving our hats at those 'sweet dames' and spit at Germans.

In 20 years from now on, perhaps everyone will wear S&M gear and swear as if it was normal language, just like in Mad Max.

Hmmmmmmmmm~~~ Mad Max.

*shrugs* Call it silly if you want. I still stand by the statement that describing 90% of the cartoons on tv today as utter rubbish.

And *I* listened to Charleston music, as well as classical and all the 'oldies', and I highly enjoyed watching 'old school' cartoon classics like the Warner Bros cartoons with Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and all the rest. This generation has missed out on a lot of what my generation grew up on, and many of *my* generation have missed out on much of what our parents grew up on. That's just how life is. Doesn't stop me from disliking most of what they call 'entertainment' on tv nowadays. I used to watch all the classic shows on tv when I was younger. Cheers, Facts of Life, Punky Brewster, Different Strokes, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and many more. Now I have almost no reason to watch *anything* on television, except to watch a re-run of an old classic like Buffy or Xena. Tv shows of today barely carry any sustenance to me.

#28 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:39 AM

And that's why you need some Dr. Who and Torchwood in your TV set Shauna.

BRITISH SHOWS ARE DA' UBER UBERMENCH. <333

#29 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:32 AM

The only cartoons I saw mainly on TV during my childhood were:

Batman Gotham Knight
Amazing Spiderman/Spiderman and Friends
Hulk
X-Men
Transformers
Droopy
Scooby Doo (don't hate you know you watched it when you were a kid biggrin.gif )
Dark Wing Duck
etc.

JP Animes I only got to saw was mainly Megaman, Street Fighter, and Sonic until way later on I got satellite with Cartoon Network/Adult Swim (Inuyasha/Big O/DBZ/Gundam Wing/Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto/Full Metal Alchemist/Bleach/ and ect.

#30 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

i was a big fan of digimon pokemon and cardcaptor sakura that's what i grew up with anyway

2z3z1wm.gif

#31 Shiori

Shiori

s h i o r i

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends, Drawing, Computers, Reading, Sleeping, Food, Video Games, Online games, Anime, Manga, Music, Movies, Fashion etc.

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:13 AM

1. sesame street
2. barney
3. sagwa
4. pokemon
5. digimon
6. hey arnold
7. rocket power
8. rocko's modern life
9. rugrats
10. jackie chan adventures
11. x-men evolution
12. pinky & the brain
13. the animaniacs
14. captain planet
15. yu-gi-oh!
16. cardcaptor sakura
17. batman beyond
18. batman
19. superman
20. spiderman
21. x-men
22. mortal kombat
23. ronin warriors
24. pb&j otter
25. clifford
26. arthur
27. sailor moon
28. dragonball z
29. reboot
30. megaman
31. teen titans
32. powerpuff girls
33. still more ahh

Edited by Shiori, 31 December 2009 - 05:18 AM.

#32 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Guitars

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 21 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So many @.@

Here goes a_plotting.gif

Thundercats
Silverhawks
He-Man
Dungeons and Dragons (cartoon)
Sky Commanders
Captain Planet
Defenders of The Earth
Smurfs
Care Bears
The Gummi Bears
Pirates of Dark Water
Speed Racer
G-Force
Voltron
Old school classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (and like True I spent a small fortune on merchandise, as this is *my* all time fave childhood show =3 )
Old school Transformers
Old school classic GI Joe
Swat Kats
Biker Mice From Mars
Rocket Power
The Jetsons
The Flintstones
Old school Scooby Doo Mysteries (and not the bajillion movies/tv series that are out nowadays rolleyes.gif )
The Fraggles (cartoon and live action versions)
The Muppet Show
A.L.F (cartoon and live action versions)
Gargoyles
Dinosaurs
Sailormoon
Big O
Outlaw Star
Dragonball Z
Cowboy Bebop
Digimon
Power Rangers (but only the first and second seasons which were the best)
VR Troopers
Powerpuff Girls
Dexter's Laboratory
Teen Titans

And I know that there are more I'm missing, but for now these are the shows that I fondly remember growing up watching happy.gif

Wow, you and I share many of the same cartoons. Don't forget the following also:

Transformers (From Gen 1 to just about current)
GIJoe
C.O.P.S
Robotech
MASK
The Centurions
Super Mario Bros Super Show
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Barnyard commandos
Mighty Max
Dino Saucers
Dino Riders
Exo Squad

Much props to you, Blossoms for even mentioning rare ones like Sky Commander. I have several international ones that I think many would not understand like Manzinger Z and Voltes 5. There's probably another 5-10 that I can't recall the titles to.

#33 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:00 AM

Uh, not really a reply to the topic, but on a related matter.

Is it bad that Wizards of Waverly Place is currently my favorite thing on television right now? Is it bad that even my little brother and nephew shake their head at me whenever I go off talking about the show?

...does it make me a creep that I'm crushing hard (not really, I just think she's really insanely cute) on Selena Gomez (Alex Russo)? No seriously, she's cute isn't she (Selena, not Alex - yes I know they're the same person, just clarifying I meant the actress and not the character)? For some reason, her "Naturally" music video has me mezmerized every time it plays.

Just wondering as I anxiously wait for my Wizards of Waverly Place downloads to finish.

Oh... just to be clear... Wizards of Waverly Place is the only thing I like on Disney. Selena Gomez is the only tool actress of Disney that I like. I think her acting ability is great and her potential is high.

Edited by Unknown Entity, 07 January 2010 - 07:14 AM.

Pretty bored.

#34 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

Actually, you're not the only one. I love WoWP too. My friend actually laughed at me for watching Hannah Montana although in reality I was watching it for the sake of watching the crazy situations Miley & Jackson gets into. (especially Jackson)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#35 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:48 AM

My family watches Phineas and Ferb and they loved it! I watched some of it and I find it hilarious.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#36 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:06 AM

Mmm, I guess I should also mention that whenever I watch WoWP I wish there was some guy with a "sick" (quotes for a reason) mind in charge. 'Cause my favorite pairing on that show is Alex / Justin, and as evidenced by sites like fanfiction.net I would have to venture a guess that I'm part of a good bulk of the (older?) audience who believe that the chemistry between Alex and Justin transcend brother and sister. The show screams incest at me whenever I watch an episode... and although I'm usually against incest (having a sister of my own), I can't help but throw myself into the wonderful world of the fanfiction (where all our wanted pairings come true) that center around a forbidden couple which will never happen (espeically on a Disney show!).

Ha...

Edited by Unknown Entity, 08 January 2010 - 03:07 AM.

Pretty bored.

#37 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:02 AM

Oh wow, better do this by decades laugh.gif

late 1960's-early 70's
Star Trek (the original series)
Batman (yep the campy live action show- still think that was the best Batman)
Monkees
Sesame Street (1 gen viewer! It started when I was around 3 or so)
Mr. Rogers
Addams Family
Speed Racer
Super Friends
Scooby-Doo
All in the Family
Partridge Family

Mid-late 70's
Star Trek (the original series in rerun syndication and the kids cartoon)
Addams Family (in rerun syndication)
Maude
MASH
Battle of the Planets (really badly dubbed and censored to hell and back- but I loved the art) Saw the orginal Gatchman a few years back and while the original was much better than that dub, the voice acting is only so-so, it only mildly enagaged my interest. I doubt I could set through an episode of the dubbed show nowadays!
Kids from CAPER (I'll be shocked if anybody else remembers this show! Heck all I I remember was how much I liked that "hurricane" song- someone actually has a clip of this on You Tube- looking at clip now I grin at the mid 70's fashions and hairstyles- I remember them quite well! And I wince at how bad the acting was!

Logan's Run

Early-mid 80's

Star Blazers- the dubbed anime that launched the US fandom explosion (saw an episode a couple of years ago and some of the VA were decent, others were bad. Saw the original Japanese Yamato series and came to a similar conclusion about the seiyuu- this was before seiyuu had acting training before they did shows, that started shortly after that. Yamato, along with the original Gundam series caused a major boom in Japanese fans of anime too, and older fans than before. Once Japanese production studios saw how profitable anime was becoming they began to train the voice actors before they did shows and the skill level of acting made a huge jump.

MASH

Jem (especially when Riot/Rory came in, first season was just kind of ehh- too shallow with kind of childish rivalry with the Misfits, it got a bit more depth in season 2 even before the Stingers arrive on the scene. Never liked Rio, thought he was an ass at heart. Riot's public persona was a protective act. I thought he was more truly in love with Jem than Rio was in love with Jerrica. Jerrica/Jem's attraction to Rory/Riot felt more real than her feelings for Rio, she seemed more like she was constantly trying to placate Rio and plus she was afraid to tell him she was Jem and never did, she knew he'd get mad and break up with her if she ever told. At one point she seems almost ready to tell Rory the truth, and I seriously doubt he would have been offended, he played a persona himself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdj0F2S-Cnk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkukzVsiB5A

(Now I was 19 when this series started so I guess I have to cut it off there)

But a few of the early video dubbed anime came out around then (later 80's). I liked a fair number of them, and think Bubblegum Crisis was my favorite. ADVision offered it in subbed and dubbed (about the first anime officially offered for sale on VHS- before the days of DVDs- in both subbed and dubbed, I of course went for the subbed and was glad I did!)- loved the character Priss loved the first OVA episode opening song- the one Priss is performing as the show starts
"Konya wa Hurricane" Found a clip on You Tube showing Kinuko Oomori performing it in a concert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCUpSaXWZNo
Here's a clip with scenes form the anime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lz2ae32lc0
Heh, and I just remembered watching that how the Priss/Leon dynamic fits along with some of my other faves including narusaku.

Edited by ciardha, 08 January 2010 - 02:25 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#38 forfayfen

forfayfen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:31 AM

the two off the top of my head is mighty morphin power rangers and animaniacs.
naruto-sakura-shippuuden-psp-wal-1.jpg

#39 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (forfayfen @ Jan 8 2010, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the two off the top of my head is mighty morphin power rangers and animaniacs.

1.thunder cats
2.voltron
3.G gundom
4.Gundom wing
5.DBZ/fav
6.naruto
7.sonic
8.double dragons
9.DB
10.DBGT
11.Mega man
12.Super mareo
13.Animaneacks
14.Gundom seed
15.Big O

#40 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

1. Thunderbirds. Still one of my most favourite things heheelq7.png

The rest in no particular order and at varying ages - some of these were reruns when I watched them but they were still awesome.
Clangers. Most wonderful childhood Trip you've ever been on XD
Fireman Sam
Thundercats
Pokemon
Captain Scarlet O O
Stingraaaaaaaaay
Power Rangers (the original series heheelq7.png )
The Silver Brumby (mostly because I loved the book)
...uh, Blue Peter and Art Attack...
QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 8 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Batman (yep the campy live action show- still think that was the best Batman)
I remember watching the reruns of this. I used to love it wow.png
Bucky O'Hare
Dr. Who *cowers behind sofa*
The Worst Witch (briefly obsessed with goth bad-guy that had a thing for Millie in later series... my gawd, what was his name??)
Animaniacs
Tom and Jerry
Sabrina

...SMTV live. With Ant and Dec. The golden age of Saturday morning TV... nothing will ever come close.

Edited by DownsEndRoad, 08 January 2010 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users