#1 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

Good Lord!! what has the world come to!!?? argh1.png

On one hand, it's not too bad. But seriously, if any comic book wants to go for an emo look, Spiderman would fit well enough. And not to mention Wolverine.

What do you guys think of this??

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

What the hell!!
Damn Twilight, first Dante from DMC and now Superman. What's next a half-naked batman with short pants and sunglasses over his mask?

ps. although he looks good if only he wasn't like Edward.

----------------
Now playing: Linkin Park - Lying From You
via FoxyTunes
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#3 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

kinda reminds me of assassin's creed.

#4 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (hypno toad @ Oct 27 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kinda reminds me of assassin's creed.

Which is a complete insult to the game. None of the main characters are emo or pale-skinned like Edward Cullen.

Next evolution of Superman, make him glitter too. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#5 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

This is bullsh**! Why do this to one of comic's greatest heroes? err.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#6 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 27 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is a complete insult to the game. None of the main characters are emo or pale-skinned like Edward Cullen.

Next evolution of Superman, make him glitter too. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

cloud that was not an insalt at you. yes i agree it would be a insalt i love the game myself.

yes i think they already have done that to superman. im pritty shure of that.

Edited by hypno toad, 27 October 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#7 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

This is the "Twilight effect".

Remind me to make a time machine, go back in time and eliminate the writer. Her works have pretty much toppled proper works of art to... this.

First Devil May Cry gets ruined.

Now Superman is glittery and emo.

#8 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

Now now, we're not sure if Dante has an emo personality in the game yet. What makes this different though, is that Superman is being made 'moody' so it could be emo or not. Still, I'm sick and tired of all these re-imagining to black haired emo pretty boy types.... Isn't Superman suppose to be the shining hope of the World? dry.gif

I mean, not ALL kids today are skinny jeans wearing moody teenagers.....

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 27 October 2010 - 07:49 PM.

#9 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

We do live in a time where guys have become way over sensitive, and dressing with eye liner and jeans that only should be worn by girls. Makes me sick just thinking about it. Im going to run outside real quick, do some pushups and break some stuff.
\

#10 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Oct 27 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We do live in a time where guys have become way over sensitive, and dressing with eye liner and jeans that only should be worn by girls. Makes me sick just thinking about it. Im going to run outside real quick, do some pushups and break some stuff.

Can I join you?

#11 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

Am I crazy for thinking people are over reacting a bit? I love Superman but I always figure with American comics there are a bunch of different writers so it's just another take on the character. I'm not the biggest fan of this look, but I don't really have a big problem with it either.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#12 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

headdesk.gif

JLHza2T.png

#13 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:31 AM

First off it's a cover, everyone who hates the cover re-imagining take a look at a later page in the comic: here's your original design

Second of all, everyone thinks that just because he's superman and a shining beacon of hope that he never is frustrated or has his own problems... I'm glad that's not the case because that would be an extremely boring character to read. Superman does have moments of doubt and of angst, and moments of darkness, he shows how good he is by overcoming this and doing what's right.

I've read nothing but positive reviews on this new series. And am interested to read it. It deals with his decision to finally become Superman, to reveal his abilities to the world. It's a big decision, and I don't think it's out of character for Clark as a young man to take time to figure out if this is what he really wants to do. How does that blemish the man he becomes?

Edited by chouzu_tao, 28 October 2010 - 03:33 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#14 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 27 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I join you?

Only men who wear eyeliner join other men. xD

#15 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Oct 27 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the hell!!
Damn Twilight, first Dante from DMC and now Superman. What's next a half-naked batman with short pants and sunglasses over his mask?

ps. although he looks good if only he wasn't like Edward.

Say whaaaa~~t?

#16 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:58 AM

>Superman
>Hipster

Pick one.

Edited by Sir Whirly, 29 October 2010 - 12:58 AM.

#17 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

Superman: Earth One had not even released yet when this piece was written. This piece took a cover, made a Twilight comparison and ran with it. It seems far more people took it as gospel than I'd realized. I actually got pissed off at a friend recently for parroting this article. He judged it based on the cover and what this piece said and called it ridiculous that Superman fought crime in a hoodie.

Curiously, he never replied when I brought up the fact that the book wasn't even out yet and put up a preview page where Superman was in full uniform with no hoodies in sight.

Anyways, the book IS out now and reviews are coming in. Reactions been mixed, but because of storytelling decisions and such. From what I hear, Superman is definitely not emo in this. He's more a confused young man trying to find his place and in what fashion he can bring the most good to the world. It really, really sounds like the media misrepresented things and blew them out of proportion yet again.

Edited by dl316bh, 30 October 2010 - 03:39 AM.

bd5.jpg

#18 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:20 AM

The emoness of Twilight strikes again.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#19 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Oct 29 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Superman: Earth One had not even released yet when this piece was written. This piece took a cover, made a Twilight comparison and ran with it. It seems far more people took it as gospel than I'd realized. I actually got pissed off at a friend recently for parroting this article. He judged it based on the cover and what this piece said and called it ridiculous that Superman fought crime in a hoodie.

Curiously, he never replied when I brought up the fact that the book wasn't even out yet and put up a preview page where Superman was in full uniform with no hoodies in sight.

Anyways, the book IS out now and reviews are coming in. Reactions been mixed, but because of storytelling decisions and such. From what I hear, Superman is definitely not emo in this. He's more a confused young man trying to find his place and in what fashion he can bring the most good to the world. It really, really sounds like the media misrepresented things and blew them out of proportion yet again.

I'm glad someone looked past the cover as I did and explained it in a calmer light than I did. sweatdrop.gif

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Oct 29 2010, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The emoness of Twilight strikes again.

Way to not even read the post before yours.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 31 October 2010 - 03:40 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Oct 29 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, he's basically become Spider-Man?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users