• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

Here are my thoughts and reaction towards the new chapter. Feel free to comment on it. I'd love the feedback.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#2 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:07 PM

you sure this is supposed to go here, maybe in Naruto General, but not here, this is mostly meant for newly released manga chapters...Or maybe im wrong...

Edited by Strangelove, 30 October 2009 - 11:08 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#3 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:16 PM

I wasn't too sure where it was supposed to go but if it doesn't belong here than somebody please move it to the right place.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#4 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (NuclearRaven @ Oct 31 2009, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't too sure where it was supposed to go but if it doesn't belong here than somebody please move it to the right place.

Nahh it does belong here...

#5 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

i didn't know you could put youtube vids on here

i need to pay more atention to the links on the side

#6 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

Yep Yep, I think this is all a drama tactic. Besides, I really hope this wouldn't be Sakura's real confession, its just kinda shallow, like a little girl saying, "I don't like him anymore, now I like you". She made herself sound shallow, and we all know their is alot more depth to Sakura. Besides, its about time we had conflict between Naruto and Sakura that isn't comic relieve, this is definitely good for the character building.

So yeah man, good thoughts, stay positive, but of course, as always, most likely no one will predict how the next chapter will go. So might as well sit back and enjoy life, no reason to stress. Besides, I don't get why people say this is make or break NaruSaku, I don't think this could break NaruSaku. No one moment should be thought of as make or break, well maybe make, but never break. Too much could happen, way too much can change, I mean, this is Naruto, unpredictable character in an unpredictable manga.

#7 Jorden-Kun

Jorden-Kun

TheGrammarNazi

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Anime<br />Manga<br />Drawing<br />Music (no rap or country)<br />And crazy shenanigans on teh computer =D

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:07 AM

I agree. It did seem really shallow of her. And I'll admit that I thought this chapter would finally make NaruSaku official. But I didn't really see the outcome of this chapter coming. But now in hindsight, it seems obvious that this would happen. =\

#8 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

Why can't Americans pronounce japanese names right? xD Well, your "Sakura" sounds okay, but your "Naruto" and "Sasuke" needs work. ^^ But to be honest, I never heard an American prnounce it any better, so...

Anyway, I don't think I can agree with everything you said. I'm a huge NaruSaku fan and I think Sakura feels something romantically for Naruto, but I don't know if she really knows it and I don't know if she really was sure if she means what she says. It just sounded wrong... somehow. So, yeah, she has to proof it now.

Oh, and I would never compare one Manga to another, because just that it happened in a completely different Manga doesn't mean it will happen here as well. So let's wait and see...

EDIT: 1000 posts, wohoo. ^^

Edited by Gaara, 03 November 2009 - 11:29 PM.

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Nov 3 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why can't Americans pronounce japanese names right? xD Well, your "Sakura" sounds okay, but your "Naruto" and "Sasuke" needs work. ^^ But to be honest, I never heard an American prnounce it any better, so...

I can. And let's not go to that issue, shall we?

Its the same with the Street Fighter names and other relevant stuff.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#10 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:40 AM

Sorry Gaara but that's with any one that has a different language or dialect.

For example: If you listen how English is spoken between Americans, British, Canadians, & Australians you'll realize that the dialect is completely different.

Btw this this is acting really weird and plain to my opinion.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#11 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Nov 3 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry Gaara but that's with any one that has a different language or dialect.

For example: If you listen how English is spoken between Americans, British, Canadians, & Australians you'll realize that the dialect is completely different.

Btw this this is acting really weird and plain to my opinion.

Words are used differently and different idioms, if you want to bring that up. I know what Gaara is trying to say though. Dub names were always a bit off at times, you really can't help it.

As for the Street Fighter thing... Ryu =/= RAI-YOU

#12 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:57 AM

I at least try to pronounce them right, and I have a Cleft Pallet. I do agree, that words aren't the same in every delict.

English for example in America, is a mix of every language that came here that is why it's harder to learn then other languages.

Edit: Used Microsoft word to check grammar and spelling ^^.

Double Edit: Forgot, to add you did a great job NuclearRaven.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 04 November 2009 - 02:00 AM.

#13 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Nov 3 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
English for example in America, is a mix of every language that came here that is why it's harder to learn then other languages.

WUT.

English developed in England during the Anglo-Saxon era as a West Germanic language. Generally, English is very hard to grasp as a writing language, since the vowels, etc...

Personally, I think East Asian languages like Chinese and Japanese are the hardest for anyone to grasp, the different pronunciations, symbols, etc.

Anyways, moving off topic, sorry.

#14 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:09 AM

For 6 posts, this thread went out of topic...

anyways back to basics.

So today is a Japanese national holiday? Does that mean that ch 470 is gonna be released a day latter?

#15 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:15 AM

No, it just means spoilers might be later. I read that 2chan is also doing some kind of maintenance so it might be hard for spoilers to be posted.

#16 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 3 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WUT.

English developed in England during the Anglo-Saxon era as a West Germanic language. Generally, English is very hard to grasp as a writing language, since the vowels, etc...

Personally, I think East Asian languages like Chinese and Japanese are the hardest for anyone to grasp, the different pronunciations, symbols, etc.

Anyways, moving off topic, sorry.

AMERICAN ENGLISH, is a dialect of many Languages not just one, so it is much harder to learn ^^. It has many rules and exceptions, for many of the words and sentences. Yes, I know that it is developed in England, America took it and developed their own delict rules exceptions ectt for that Language....

On Topic: Does anyone know, what Naruto meant when He said "I hate people that lie to themselves"? I believe it was due to Sakura saying she doesn't care about Sasuke even as a friend.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 04 November 2009 - 02:31 AM.

#17 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Nov 4 2009, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AMERICAN ENGLISH, is a dialect of many Languages not just one, so it is much harder to learn ^^. It has many rules and exceptions, for many of the words and sentences. Yes, I know that it is developed in England, America took it and developed their own delict rules exceptions ectt for that Language....

On Topic: Does anyone know, what Naruto meant when He said "I hate people that lie to themselves"? I believe it was due to Sakura saying she doesn't care about Sasuke even as a friend.

But...but according to the Hinata fans, it...it means Naruto hates Sakura, and..and that he will go to declare his undying love of Hinata...

#18 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Nov 3 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But...but according to the Hinata fans, it...it means Naruto hates Sakura, and..and that he will go to declare his undying love of Hinata...

lol

#19 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:51 AM

Hihi, sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone. I just noticed it.

I guess it's easier when German is your native language, or it's just me because I'm somehow "good" in the pronunciation of other languages. ^^

#20 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:29 PM

I commented. Said a few things. Hope you look at them later
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ