101 replies to this topic

#81 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:21 AM

Want to see how a truly strong female character should act.

Here you go.

You see that Kishimoto, perhaps you should take some hints from a real mangaka.

That never gets old.

#82 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:58 PM

Filler sakura in road to sakura is the mature sakura aka the best sakura.

And technically, it isn't even filler cause Kishimoto wrote the "filler" himself. XD

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#83 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

And technically, it isn't even filler cause Kishimoto wrote the "filler" himself. XD

Bingo bango bongo, James XD

#84 sakuraxuzumaki

sakuraxuzumaki

Strength of a Hundred Seal

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Sailor Moon, SnK, Bleach, Wolfs Rain, GoT, LOTR, NANA, shopping, tea, talking, and making friends

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

Sakura's biggest wall and obstacle is only one, that is Sasuke. When human become so obsess with something they tend to forget about the most important things in their lives. Sakura is too obsess with Sasuke, we all know that whenever she hear his name, remembering him, or meet him, she instantly transform into different person. She believe she loves sasuke, but in fact she is obsess with him. Love and Obsession is different, when you obsess you want to possess or have that person for your own no matter what, but when you love you are willing to give up your happiness for someone. Remember what itachi said to naruto, never do things alone, always trust your friends, your father Minato was able to become hokage because he has your mother support Kushina, when sakura try to kill sasuke she wants to do it alone she thinks she don't want to burden the other especially naruto, THATS A LIE. She still obsess with him, thats why she can't do it. She poison Kiba, Lee, and Sai. Why she do that? She well know that sasuke is powerful she will never beat him alone. All she has done is reduce the chance of killing him by going alone, have you ever wonder why? Remember that itachi's word i mention above, NEVER do things alone trust your comrade or you will END UP LIKE MADARA. So you know that sakura NEVER trust her comrade regarding about sasuke, and she still obsess with him. Thats why she can't kill Sasuke, not even hurt him.

I believe sakura is the type of girl that really needs a slap on her face, a hard one, to snap her out of it, even now i'm still waiting for that. She needs someone to questions her about her love for sasuke. If we take out kishimoto out of the picture yes i have admit it that i really kittening hate her, she is the worst heroine i ever seen in the anime world. But i also believe she still HAS a chance, i believe she just in the darkness, SOMEONE NEED TO QUESTION HER LOVE TO SASUKE, then she will realize and she will ask that questions herself, "Now that you ask it why did i love him?". The best answer she got is the BENCH SCENE thats it. She will either look down and sad or she will remember and answer with the bench scene.

Edit:
Sakura is still young back there she doesn't really know herself what is love feels like, because she is young she assume herself that what she feels for sasuke is love, remember kushina herself said it to naruto that back there she was still young and didn't understand anything thats why she thinks minato is unreliable and looks weak.
naruto-1565070.jpg
Remember this panel? the very first real battle in this series, sakura was asking herself when she looks at how cool that idiot naruto at that moment, "This is naruto.... what's this feeling?" . THAT IS THE SEED OF LOVE MY DEAR SAKURA. But too bad you still young back there so you don't understand that vibe. That is the first vibe of love in first sight.

From that point sakura found comfort and can always be herself, express herself to the fullest whenever naruto is around her.
naruto-1565516.jpg
You think a girl can say something like that LOUD AND CLEAR to the person she want to impress? You NEVER want to tell something embarashing like that to the person you love. Imagine if naruto is not there, you think sakura will tell all of that to sasuke??

Whenever sasuke say something sakura instantly agree even though the inner self of her says different.
naruto-1564861.jpg
She just submissive around sasuke, its like she wear a mask, she can't be her true self. She wants sasuke to notice that she will always support him no matter what. Even though she knows that deep down shes not like that, this is not what she wanna be. And eventually this is become a real habit. She herself not aware of it but up till now until the end of that gaiden, she still wear that mask.

I could go on and blabbering, talking/typing forever but i don't wanna see you guys hating on her. She's not the one to blame... please do not hate her. The author just never let her to do the right thing.

In my conclusion she is smart, more than sasuke or naruto. Shes just need someone to snap her out of it OR tell her the truth about the bench scene, Those 2 are the key factor to saving her from this kitten that happening in the gaiden. Ofc its not gonna pull her out of the kitten hole shes already in, but at least reduce the damage.

This post is absolutely gold~!

This is why it pissed me off when The Last said that Narutos love for sakura was only because he wanted to rival sasuke, when in the manga, naruto falls in love with Sakura, and her infatuation with Sasuke, makes naruto have him a rival, and tries to beat him in everything xD
But oh Kashi,

🌸🍜 "I leave my son in your care"- Minato 🍜🌸

ma8n4l.jpg

#85 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

I think kishi only writing the movie, not the anime filler episode.
It's a big chance that is studio clown interpretation/work.

#86 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

I still like Sakura, she's still one of my favorite characters. I just don't like how Kish*tmoto handled the story and his characters overall. I think the story had this huge potential that was wasted and with it, was the potential of the characters, Sakura being one of the more prominent. Instead of working on Sakura more in terms of development both in prowess and mental/emotional, he instead worked on her looks, made her extremely beautiful,  but continued to place her in the background and the way he treated her bothered me a lot. I hated how she just sat there and cried for Sasuke in 693 instead of doing or saying something more. Kish*tmoto really thought this was good characterization? I was so annoyed at this. I felt so bad for her then in Gaiden when he just let her be alone for twelve years, raising Sarada by herself without any contact for all we know, single mom working to keep her and her childs life together, then he leaves again in the end. Makes me sick to think about just how much he failed Sakura as a character. I can't even hate her for it, because she's not even a terrible character or person in my opinion. It's just that Kish*tmoto has proven he cannot write worth a darn.

Edited by Pink Chidori, 27 July 2015 - 10:53 AM.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper
           |NaruSaku|NaruHina|SasuSaku|

#87 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

I still like Sakura, she's still one of my favorite characters. I just don't like how Kish*tmoto handled the story and his characters overall. I think the story had this huge potential that was wasted and with it, was the potential of the characters, Sakura being one of the more prominent. Instead of working on Sakura more in terms of development both in prowess and mental/emotional, he instead worked on her looks, made her extremely beautiful,  but continued to place her in the background and the way he treated her bothered me a lot. I hated how she just sat there and cried for Sasuke in 693 instead of doing or saying something more. Kish*tmoto really thought this was good characterization? I was so annoyed at this. I felt so bad for her then in Gaiden when he just let her be alone for twelve years, raising Sarada by herself without any contact for all we know, single mom working to keep her and her childs life together, then he leaves again in the end. Makes me sick to think about just how much he failed Sakura as a character. I can't even hate her for it, because she's not even a terrible character or person in my opinion. It's just that Kish*tmoto has proven he cannot write worth a darn.

She is most definitely a terrible person, just like everyone else in this story. 

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#88 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

She is most definitely a terrible person, just like everyone else in this story.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion of course. I disagree, but to each their own. :)

Edited by Pink Chidori, 31 July 2015 - 04:21 AM.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper
           |NaruSaku|NaruHina|SasuSaku|

#89 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

Well, you are entitled to your opinion of course. I disagree, but to each their own. :)

Unfortunately, with the way things are, it can be a bit difficult.

A number (want to) still really like her by ignoring the end canon.

A number of others accept the canon (but still hate it, of course), so don't have much choice but to base their opinions on Sakura off how she was made out as by Kishi in that canon.

And the rest just like/hate her no matter what happens.

2e5.gif

#90 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:10 AM

The thing that is still getting to me is how now Sakura is like 30 years old, but still acts like a 12 year old fangirl just because she thinks about Sasuke. This whole "Even Sasuke name is even mentioned, she blushes and orgasms" is really really really insanely stupid. Not even Yuno Gasai  was that pathetic.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#91 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:33 AM

Kishimoto writes women like shoujo characters, which is what all the mature ones either die, or get pushed to the side.

Not to mention, when it comes to SS, if Sakura doesn't act like Sasuke is her world, then there will literally be no love in the relationship. Sasuke obviously doesn't care about romance or feelings, so he's not gonna show much of any affection, so Sakura needs to make up for his obvious draw back, when it comes to this toxic pairing, and be overly in love even at her age, just so that the couple don't look like they have no love between them.

He thinks if it's at least one sided, it's love. Which is why SS/NH happened. Because he wrote the females so stuck on a guy they had no business liking, especially considering they didn't even know them, that he decided it was good enough to call love. To him, men don't focus on women, they focus on action and their dreams, while a woman's only life goal is to be a wife.

Honestly, I believe it was his editor that wrote NS and he laid it out nicely, so that it fit the story, which is why Kishimoto just followed it. But, once he left, and once his notes ran out, Kishimoto just winged it, until his other editors told him to do SS/NH for money. After all, the man has proven to be easily influenced and that he doesn't think highly of women, so I just can't believe that NS was his idea.( Also, an old interview said it was his editor, who told him to write a love triangle, so that's who also might have wrote how the triangle between team 7 should have gone.)

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#92 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:36 AM

Sakura's great. Kishimoto ruined her.

But that's ok - it all works out in the end because he ruined every other good thing about this story too, with Naruto getting the worst of it. 

#93 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:48 AM

The thing that is still getting to me is how now Sakura is like 30 years old, but still acts like a 12 year old fangirl just because she thinks about Sasuke. This whole "Even Sasuke name is even mentioned, she blushes and orgasms" is really really really insanely stupid. Not even Yuno Gasai  was that pathetic.

Yup and Yuno Gasai from start to finish had great character arc even if she was obessed over Yuki and that's saying something. 

A wise man once told me, the characters of a story should not be judged by the actions they've set themselves in, but what the author decides on when it comes to their overall character. You as the author should know from beginning to end where that character is going to be in the beginning and where they are by the end of the story. Never think of a character's journey while you're writing the story make sure you know where your taking them before you even start writing the first chapter. Only then would people be able to connect with the characters you've created in that story whether it be fictional, sci-fi, fantasy, romance,  nonfiction, tv shows, comics, etc.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#94 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:56 AM

Another wise man said "Kishomoto is full of it."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 31 July 2015 - 03:57 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#95 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:06 AM

Sakura is a flaw character.

#96 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:44 AM

Sakura is a flaw character.

Even pre 693 Sakura was flawed but likeable. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#97 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

Lol, I thought Yuno was crazy Yandere that ever brought up in the world of manga. She butchered people and his 3 times worse when comes to stalking the protagonist like Hinata. 

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 31 July 2015 - 10:29 AM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#98 Lady Lys

Lady Lys

Odore buono del cielo sull'erbe, pioggia di prima sera.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

While I do understand most of your points and somewhat agree with them I really think we should take a step back, a big breath and analyze things as objectively as we can avoiding getting angry or frustrated.

The main problem here is that Sakura's ending is totally inconsistent with what her character development has shown us about her. And I do believe she has been treated WAY MORE inconsistently than any other character in the manga. We've had 690+ chapter of her character going in a way and in 5 BAM! she went in a completely different direction that clashes with her development until that point. What Kishi did with Sakura is only the most blatant of the illogicalities of his work, something that led an already difficult paring - which SS undoubtedly is - to become unbearable and this is why some of her fans now ardently dislike her, because she's behaving in an illogical non-Sakura way; this kind of meek and submissive behavior would be more at home with Hinata than with Sakura, especially since Sasuke knows Sakura's 'bad temper' he has seen it day in and day out  when they were genin. She was flirty, obsessed, obnoxious, pushy and bratty, but I don't quite remember her being this meek, not even during the Stop-Sauce-from-esacping-Konoha attempt.

She has always been fangirly around Sasuke but I don't particularly remember her being all that meek, she behaved for what she was, a bratty 12 years old girl with a crush on the 'cool boy', then after he fled from Konoha we saw her gradually changing, and THAT was character development, and this change was maintained throughout the whole kittenin* manga until the very end when, because BANANA - meaning SP, monnies, Ki$hi's stupidity, whatever else - all her character development has been charged head first by a wrecking ball and mr. Ki$hi decided to slap her with Sasuke mostly, and let's be honest here, to get her out of the way. That's why her 'relationship' with Sasuke is so strange, it was only a last-minute thing to get them out of the way, that's also why she behaves so erratically , because in all this black hole Ki$hi tried to give her some Sakura-like behaviors, cue the 'angry punch that smashed the house', he simply went for the easiest thing: brute force.

So rather than just saying, blame her, blame Ki$hi (who's of course to blame but I'm trying to express another concept here), blame SP, blame nutty NHers, blame whoever, we should only look at those blatant and pathetic inconsistencies that Sakura's ending lights up like a fog light and snort as loud as we can. 

As for the 'if NS didn't happen is all Sakura's fault' argument, I think we have two keys to the interpretation of what happened:

Either we affirm, as it is surely evident, that this ending was a rushed, unplanned, last-minute change due to money, SP or whatever else, so there's really nothing that's not the disastrous quality of these new ideas to talk about,

OR we analyze the fact that relationships are not in the hands of only one person and that you need two to tango, and that for all Sakura's faults, at the end, Naruto didn't even try, and  it's not like he didn't know she 'loved' Sasuke. Also the Poal implied his confession if I'm not wrong but all of this didn't happen because, let's be frank here, if even just a word were spoken between those two the ending would have been a VERY different one.

The bench scene was erased from the universe and Naruto is an honest person and would have told her the truth about it and his feelings were beautifully - LOL - retconned because otherwise NH would have never happened, and surely not in the way it did - forcing Hinata to be Naruto's first love/friend/supporter/cheerleader/LOL/HAHAHAHA-NOPE.

This ending was Ki$hi's mangled attempt to please the 'bosses', the ones who told him HOW IT SHOULD END. It came out horribly and I'm very glad it did, especially at this point, I'm not even angry anymore I'm just entertained at how desperate, erratical and irrational it is, and I do pity him because the more he struggles the more apparent his failings are - dig deeper Ki$hi dear! <3 - and no matter how sycophantically some fan hail him - all because NH/SS are canon and who gives a f* about how it happened and how good it was portrayed right? - this all remains a dirty dirty stain on his career and you can bet you nice rounded pink bottoms he knows it and he's not all that happy about it.

I don't imagine many of his high-profile fellow mangakas have a great opinion of him ya know? What he did with Naruto is CLEARLY bad writing no matter what couples you do or don't ship, and many many people in Japan have called him out on his BS. 

At the end it doesn't really matter how many monnies you make, if your colleagues don't respect you - especially in a society organized like the Japanese one - you really are nothing. And nothing is what he is.

....I might have accidentally written a LAP.  :laughcry:

Oh well, I can't bother myself to re-read it, so 'scuse me for eventual grammatical horrors. 

Lys out. 

:love:

- L'inguaribile ottimismo di un dodo.

Hungry for glory - AS Roma 1927

But they were all of them deceived, for another canon was made. In the land of Japan, in the fires of Studio Pierrot, the dark Lord Kishimoto forged in secret a master canon, to control all others, and into this canon, he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life. One canon to rule them all.

#99 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

Sakura's great. Kishimoto ruined her.

But that's ok - it all works out in the end because he ruined every other good thing about this story too, with Naruto getting the worst of it. 

I hear that, Tricks... the fact too that Sakura is also up there with being ruined next to Naruto honestly... and I feel it sucks their being the hero and heroine for Chrissakes...

#100 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

Can't hate a character for terrible writing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sakura haruno, naruto gaiden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users