14 replies to this topic

#1 Quixotic Novice

Quixotic Novice

'Arf' means there's a dog nearby! ^_^

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:45 AM

Well, I know I should be writing the next part of this story, but it seems that this isn't writer's block anymore.

I've been going around doing random things lately, and school isn't helping me finish my next chapter on this fic. The truth is that I was on the verge of quitting this fic, when Angel told me not to, but frankly, all I've been doing these days is play Go, reports, assignments, tests-- mou sleep.gif so busy. Then when I get the chance to have a time for writing I slack off, and I'm seriously pissed at myself by doing that.

I need inspiration. A Naruto inspiration. Ugh, I totally need help, guys... even if I'm slacking off, I still wanna finish this story sweatdrop.gif And also suggestions, do I have any faults? I seriously wanna know since I've been doubting my writing lately (damn teacher). Any outcries, flames or whatever?

#2 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:26 PM

Seriously, you got a good fic going and you shouldn't quit. Too many a good author quit early for similar reasons, but you just got to fight it!

My best advice I can give you...
Pen down all your fic ideas. Write down all your ideas you want to include in your fic. It might help jump-start the creative juices!

Write a drabble. Not only will it draw your attention away from the serious dedication of your fic, it'll help in relaxing your thought pattern about the series caused by your fic.

Read more fics. Reading more fics helps bring out and refine more ideas! Go on! Search and absorb!

Force yourself to write. Write that scene you got in your head! Just do it! You know you want to! Don't force yourself to write if you have nothing to think about.

#3 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:01 PM

Go might take up all your time....like me, but I still have the time to write stories and such, I ussually write during class lol. but hen not I come home and play 1 game, 1 game only, then I get cracking on whatever im doing, be it a report whateva it may be, then I Play Go when I finish, it all balances out, Go and the world, persfect balance, lol you letting Go take to much power, a Dan level player would be ashamed to know a person is not able to do something great because they are stuck.

#4 SirDragon13

SirDragon13

Science

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:This needed serious updates.

Snowboarding
    Traveling
    Skateboarding
    Anything science
    Food. Love me some tacos.

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:40 PM

Ah Jack....Your mind is so full of ideas, give it a little while, the'll show up!! happy.gif And besides we can all wait for the next chapte, it like fine wine the older it gets the better it is happy.gif

MAybe we should have another one of those Flash Chat meatting to discuss soem matters!! happy.gif
One Side:
And the Other

#5 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (SirDragon13 @ Mar 2 2006, 12:40 PM)
MAybe we should have another one of those Flash Chat meatting to discuss soem matters!! happy.gif

Yes! Let's use Flashchat! *Is completely loving on Flashchat right now* wub.gif

Jack-kun you're so preoccupied with Go we hardly ever see you around anymore sleep.gif

As Angel said, manage your time right, so that you can find the time to play Go, write your stories, and also do all of your assignments.

Love ya Jack-kun! Come hang with us again! th_glomp.gif

#6 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

Well, your story is getting along really well. That cliffhanger is torturing me! Anyway, I agree with what they all said. Try to balance out your life or create a routine for the day like, playong Go for half the day, and writing and brainstorming for the whole day.

#7 Grengo

Grengo

Dance Dance

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Anime, soccer, running, reading, blah blah blah

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:20 PM

Hm, it'd suck if you'd quit. It's a very entertaining story.

#8 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:05 AM

That's true, it is a rather interesting story and it should have plot twists. Oh and if you would have a battle, you should listen to music. I usually listen to Inuyasha Movie 3 music.

#9 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

...wait, you're planning to stop writing Through the Glass, Jack?

I'm ashamed to be filipino. XD Kidding. But seriously, it's a great story, definitely up there in my favorite fics. So don't give up on it!

#10 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:49 PM

QUIT THE FIC ???

*sighs*

I Can't let ya do that matey! If ye did that i would end up quttin meself..... and then me story will truely never be written either (well.... not posted anyway).
If ye need help just Pm me mate..... I know i've been away more and more lately..... but that coz i've been busy too..... But i'm always here if ye need help.
And fer God's sake STOP DOUBTING YERSELF! YOUR STORY IS FINE. YOUR WRITING IS FINE. DAMN ALL YOUR TEACHERS TO HELL! WHO THE F*** CARES WHAT THEY THINK ? as long as the people who read the story like it
*points to self and all other TTG fans* , It does not matter what others think.

Okay..... one other thing..... What time do you come onto the site ?(in gmt please) coz ur never online when i am..... and i really wanna flashchat with ya.

Krazy Out.

#11 Quixotic Novice

Quixotic Novice

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:07 AM

Mou, and I have been busy lately... very busy. Prom just went and gone like some bad hang-over, so right now I'm kinda tired. Well, one thing's for sure, I'd be very, very busy for the past two weeks and I'm already planning the next chapter ^^

#12 Pocky-chan

Pocky-chan

Cavelady from 2005 or something

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:William Riker and his beard

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:10 AM

JACK-NII!!!!!! ARE YOU DOUBTING YOUSELF AGAIN!?!? there there....I can wait for the chapter any day...as long as it's good as your others.

#13 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:13 AM

hurry up! dang man, i finnish at least 500 words of fanficts like every 10 minutes, right off the top of my head to! remember the increadbly short Traitor fic i made and suked?

#14 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:07 AM

you need inspiration?? fine, Look at my bunny!!! that came from inspiration, let it inspire you, now go look for some as well!

Edit: I'll stick my bunny on you if you decide to give up XD

#15 Quixotic Novice

Quixotic Novice

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:31 PM

Nah, I've decided not to since you guys were so persistent. I'm just going to be busy for a couple of days and I'm still looking for inspiration... thanks for the support, guys! happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users