Kazama-san

ぉヴぇ

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (smilebomb @ Aug 2 2006, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sono @ Aug 2 2006, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personnaly, NaruSaku is great. I love it, just. I really really don't want the emo 'I'm going to kill my brother' kid getting someone as cool as Sakura-chan. sad.gif Naruto treats her right anyways. wub.gif

Ain't that the truth? Emo's scare me. Naruto definately deserves her.

I totaly agree Naruto does DESERVE Sakura! biggrin.gif
My old name was NaruSaku999

#82 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:42 AM

To be perfectly honest, that's REALLY a bad term to use.

A word like deserve is too relative.

#83 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:58 AM

Haha, you know whats awesome, the majority of people posting in the SasuSaku topic at NarutoFan are all newbies. Probably still watching early episodes of Naruto. happy.gif

#84 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Silent Shinobi @ Aug 3 2006, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be perfectly honest, that's REALLY a bad term to use.

A word like deserve is too relative.

Yeah, not only that but that tends to objectify Sakura too.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#85 Sono

Sono

Feel the power that is Kakashi

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:55 AM

Sakura is defenitly no object to be won, but I still believe she'll end up with Naruto in the end wub.gif

Also, I really feel I need to ask this before it kills me. Where in the world are the NaruSaku supporters on NaruSakuvsSasuSaku.com? I just can't seem to find them. ><

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

#86 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

I think a lot of us don't want to get involved in pairing wars, Sono. XD (At least, I don't. I'm content to sit back and allow things to happen. I think my part in the wars has come and gone...unless someone goes out of their way to provoke me on purpose, at least. XD)

And...honestly...I think a lot of what happens pairing wise is going to rest on Sakura's shoulders. We already know that Naruto cares for her, and I get the impression that he won't make a move unless she acts first.

Let's face it. We still don't know the extent of her feelings for Sasuke yet. There hasn't been any internalizing on her part (well...very little, anyway) since she saw Sasuke again, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's given up on him. She may be even more determined now to save him than ever before (I'm inclined to believe this is so). She has a lot of soul searching to do, and there just isn't time for that now. We'll probably be waiting for a while to see anything definite on her part.

I for one would sure as hell not want to be in her shoes. I mean, she's loved Sasuke for a long, long time, and I'm sure she's comfortable with loving him because she's used to it. Now that her foundations are cracking, she probably doesn't know what to do with herself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm not willing to write SasuSaku (SakuSasu, more like XD) off as dead just yet. Call me cynical, but there it is.

#87 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:24 PM

Just like alot of others. It's not *dead* yet, more like in a coma, with the possibility of never waking up (dead).

I've already figured some plotlines kishi could pull out his ass use to make sakusasu possible.

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#88 Sono

Sono

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:47 PM

I really do feel I'm yelling at a brick wall sometimes. dry.gif Most people in there that I've seen that support SasuSaku have yet to read part II yet. I've even seen someone ask who the Akatsuki are.

Oh yeah, and happy belated birthday, Sharingank. smile.gif

#89 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:52 PM

In part 1 pairings (imho) that had the best chance (in order):

1)NaruSasu

2)SasuSaku

3)NaruSaku

100)Naruhina

biggrin.gif

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#90 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Sono @ Aug 3 2006, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura is defenitly no object to be won, but I still believe she'll end up with Naruto in the end wub.gif

Also, I really feel I need to ask this before it kills me. Where in the world are the NaruSaku supporters on NaruSakuvsSasuSaku.com? I just can't seem to find them. ><

Heh. See you on the other side.

~Tatsumaru

#91 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:59 AM

*shrug* We gotta leave it up to Sakura to realize...

*grabs a permanent marker, walks up to Sakura and writes "OPEN YOUR EYES!! IT HAS BLONDE HAIR, BLUE EYES, AND WHISKERS!!!!!" on her forehead*

Hehhe..wouldn't hurt to help though...XD

#92 smilebomb

smilebomb

Inuzuka Kiba's Lover

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Johnny's Entertainment, anime, drawing, and writting...

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (gamerman_007 @ Aug 3 2006, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In part 1 pairings (imho) that had the best chance (in order):

1)NaruSasu

2)SasuSaku

3)NaruSaku

100)Naruhina

biggrin.gif

That's definately the truth.

~Naruto fanatic~

#93 IchaIcha

IchaIcha

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

My opinion on the topic. I would just simply agree with sharingank's statement laugh.gif NaruSaku seems highly possible, but I wouldn't brush off any other pairing. We'll just have to wait and see!
QUOTE (Jameshawking)
Lol. rofl I read that link to a NS/SS debate on the first page. I just had to laugh ridiculously. Somebody said that "NaruSaku people say that 'Naruto deserves Sakura more than Sasuke'. That's a really weak argument."

Oh, wow. You thought that was funny? Ahahah! Well... that person was me :o

QUOTE (Sono)
I really do feel I'm yelling at a brick wall sometimes. dry.gif Most people in there that I've seen that support SasuSaku have yet to read part II yet. I've even seen someone ask who the Akatsuki are.

If you're having trouble debating with the opposing side, you should try informing the MOD that controls that part of the forum.

#94 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:29 PM

Icha cool the jets with the jokes alright though if people do have problem debating then maybe they pract on websites that agrres with them and find ACTUAL FACTS either in the manga or amine because that's how I did it and that's what really got me into like NaruSaku. After Smiter's post on H&E and NF I agree there's honest chance that they can happen compare to the populated NaruHina & SasuSaku.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#95 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (sharingank @ Aug 3 2006, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think a lot of us don't want to get involved in pairing wars, Sono. XD (At least, I don't. I'm content to sit back and allow things to happen. I think my part in the wars has come and gone...unless someone goes out of their way to provoke me on purpose, at least. XD)

And...honestly...I think a lot of what happens pairing wise is going to rest on Sakura's shoulders. We already know that Naruto cares for her, and I get the impression that he won't make a move unless she acts first.

Let's face it. We still don't know the extent of her feelings for Sasuke yet. There hasn't been any internalizing on her part (well...very little, anyway) since she saw Sasuke again, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's given up on him. She may be even more determined now to save him than ever before (I'm inclined to believe this is so). She has a lot of soul searching to do, and there just isn't time for that now. We'll probably be waiting for a while to see anything definite on her part.

I for one would sure as hell not want to be in her shoes. I mean, she's loved Sasuke for a long, long time, and I'm sure she's comfortable with loving him because she's used to it. Now that her foundations are cracking, she probably doesn't know what to do with herself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm not willing to write SasuSaku (SakuSasu, more like XD) off as dead just yet. Call me cynical, but there it is.

That's pretty much what I feel. I pretty much don't feel the need to get involved in NaruSaku vs SasuSaku war.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#96 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Aug 4 2006, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Icha cool the jets with the jokes alright though if people do have problem debating then maybe they pract on websites that agrres with them and find ACTUAL FACTS either in the manga or amine because that's how I did it and that's what really got me into like NaruSaku. After Smiter's post on H&E and NF I agree there's honest chance that they can happen compare to the populated NaruHina & SasuSaku.

Maybe I'm putting words in her mouth (in which case, I hope she'll correct me), but I think that Icha is just saying that if the SasuSaku-ers over there are being less receptive than one might like, then one should talk to a mod about trying to find a solution.

I don't think it was intended as a jab at anyone's debating skills.

#97 Sono

Sono

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 02:03 AM

Hey Nick, do we already have a NaruSaku vs SasuSaku thread? I wouldn't mind debating here with both parties.

#98 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:26 AM

Not really.

There's a thread touting the existence of the other site and a debate thread that culls some of the arguments from other fanbases and debates them by proxy, but we don't have a NaruSaku vs. SasuSaku thread here.

Out of a couple hundred members that are active (as in over 10 posts), I can't recall more than 5 that have argued in favor of NaruHina or SasuSaku (although not necessarily against NaruSaku).

If you want to debate, Versus or maybe NarutoForums and a few other forums would be better.

#99 IchaIcha

IchaIcha

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:38 AM

Thanks Nick Soapdish. And... I didn't mean to offend you Hopestar.

Somebody asked me to post this up in this topic as defense to SasuSaku (and partially NSvsSS) tongue.gif
QUOTE (SiretaInDisguise)
Unfortunetly, it seems like a lot of debators for NaruSaku have a problem with giving an alternative pairing a chance. I'm not saying this is everyone-- and I'm not saying that they are flaming or anything. But it seems to me that intelligent debate is almost impossible-- instead of disecting a SasuSaku or NaruHina or any other pairings post, you should be looking at reasons why it is possible-- and then kindly pointing out where there are inefficencies in their post while arguing your own pairings support, not throwing it in their faces with 'You must not have read Part II', 'Naruto deserves Sakura', 'It's never going to happen', 'NaruSaku MUST happen in order for the series Naruto to be the series Naruto', 'SasuSaku is dead', 'Sakura MUST see her feelings for him!', 'Yamato said something about it, and so did Sai'... etc, etc.

I understand many of your points-- and the moments you suggest are evidence are very good possibilities. Unfortuntely, people don't seem to understand that everything part 2 is circumstanial-- Yamato and Sai may say things, but we never see exactly what they are saying-- Yamato is cut off, and Sai's can be interpreted many ways. On top of this, neither of them has been with Team 7 since the beginning-- they have no idea of the history of the team (other than the general 'Sasuke left' part), or their past relationships and development. It's hard to put much faith in people who are stating opinions when they haven't been with the team for more than a few days-- and haven't seen Sasuke before he left for Orochimaru.

Also-- Naruto deserving Sakura just gets on my nerves. I've seen the argument in all pairing arguments, but the point is simpley this-- No one DESERVES Sakura. She is not a prize to be won or obtained. She's not a 'treat' for someone doing a good job or being a good person. Saying that simply pushes her down to being an object instead of a human being. Also, when it comes to love, it doesn't matter if someone 'deserves' someone better or vice versa. The heart decides things-- whether they make sense or not.

Considering we have heard nothing of Sakura's feelings in Part II for either Naruto or Sasuke, everything on either side pertaining to Part II is speculation. Sakura has left much to be wondered for both boys-- her unfinished statement to Naruto ( "Naruto, it's you I..."), and her increased defense of Sasuke ( She punches Sai and says "If I hear you talk bad about Sasuke-kun again, I won't go easy on you." and after discovering Sai's true mission, she shoves him up against the wall and says "What are you really after? How many more times are you going to stab us in the back?!") leaves both sides with lots of questions and speculation.

It is pretty close minded to say SasuSaku is dead-- irregardless of the reasons. No coupling is 'dead' until one of the characters themself is dead. Besides that, I see the argument of 'Sasuke tried to kill Sakura!'. No, he didn't. He tried to kill Naruto. Sai got in the way, and he injured them. Sakura CHARGED at him, and he turned. We see three panels of his eyes before we see him do anything-- which I think shows he's thinking of what to do, and hadn't expect her to come at him. He uses the sword he already has out-- as defense-- but ends up stabbing Yamato who jumps in the way. Instead of going after Sakura then, he goes into Naruto's mind and talks to Kyuubi. The final attack he was going to do, we do not know who he was going to attack, or if he was planning to attack the group-- all we know is that he made no special effort to attack Sakura other than when SHE charged at him and he went on the defensive. That is not him attempting to kill her.

I've seen the argument 'Naruto would not the series Naruto if he doesn't end up with the girl in the end'... which, to be honest, makes not real sense to me. Naruto is not a shoujo manga-- it's a shonen manga, meaning it does not revolve around romantic relationships-- and can easily end without one as well. The story of Naruto follows Naruto's character-- his growth and recognition by the village of Konoha, and his path to becoming Hokage-- not his trials of love. If the girl did end up with another character, we would not suddenly have a manga that makes no sense-- because the manga does not revolve around her. It revolves around Naruto trying to gain recognition and become Hokage. He doesn't need to win the girl to become Hokage, now does he? He doesn't need to have a girl fall in love with him to gain her recognition. This arugment is one of the few that makes no sense. It's like saying we'll have to totally change the name of the series and start focusing on another character if Naruto doesn't get the girl. Why would you do that?

On a final note, the other part that is very irritating is when a fact is 'ignored' or overlooked as 'That was Part 1' or 'Stop saying that, we're sick of hearing it'. Both fandoms use information from Part 1 and scenes from Part 1-- if you want to use that information for your fandom, do NOT disallow it from other fandoms because it threatens your pairing or posts. Do not ignore a fact someone else states-- you can conceded to having no argument if that is why you don't post a response to it, but do not just over look it-- it makes you seem closeminded. Both fandoms do this, and it is very irritating.

All in all, it is possible to debate intelligently with other fandoms, even one that is a huge threat to your own, if you simply OPEN YOUR MIND and look at what other people have to say instead of assuming one pairing won't work because you hate a character, or you feel yours is better. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, and there is no reason to bad mouth each other. It just makes you seem unintelligent and ignorant, and will just lower others views of you.

*messenger* laugh.gif

#100 Sono

Sono

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:48 AM

I've told you on the NSvsSS forums, Icha Icha, I respect NaruHina and SasuSaku supporters because without you guys being here, there'd be nothing to debate on. Yes, I will say I know many ignorant people who support NaruSaku, but I also know some people who are ignorant for their own pairing. Most people do find it's 'my way or the highway' on these cases.

For example, here's a quote from a SS supporter:

Leave poor little Sasuke out of it! He's protected her before when Naruto could have and he was more jealous. So HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!! to you and Naruto. Sakura doesn't like Naruto, she pities him. Sakura loves Sasuke with all her heart, and, deep down, Sasuke loves her. I mean look at what he did to those sound nin who hurt her! He goes crazy whenever someone hurts her. SasuSaku forever!

As you can see, we're not the only ignorant ones. sweatdrop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users