423 replies to this topic

#421 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

Chapter 3: "Let's just say experiencing what it's like to have a potential boyfriend's fist rip through your lung is enough to discourage you from wanting to take him as a boyfriend," Ino answered dryly. 

if only canon Sakura had the same logic...

#422 Decius23

Decius23

Fanfiction Junkie

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Manga, Anime, Gaming, Books, Freeriding, Science

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

You mean if only Sakura wasn't butchered after the death of Kishimoto's father. It seems as if he lost all will to truly write after that and it's coincidentally the time-frame in which the manga truly dipped below the magical 'this is bullsh**'- marker.

I firmly believe that nearly the entirety of Part 2 was a mistake. Part 1 was all about a mistreated, little boy with great talent trying to become the biggest fish in the ocean a.k.a. becoming Hokage. Everything else like Sasuke-Naruto interactions or even the Akatsuki were secondary to that overarching plot aim, so i have no idea how those two subplots ended up beeing the driving force of the manga (in addition to the ludicrious notion of 'destinied child' and 'eternal peace') :confused: .

Another reason why i love 'Training for the Job'. It keeps the premise of Naruto wanting to be Hokage and rescuing Sasuke is still minor to that if even a rather important one...

Edited by Decius23, 28 January 2015 - 03:05 PM.

What could have been:
gallery_14986_310_31088.jpg

#423 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:29 AM

Of note for fans of my original fiction, "In Forgery Divided," the sequel to my debut novel "In Treachey Forged," is now available from several vendors.  (Honestly, I'm surprised more people from this forum didn't check out my last novel, "The Kitsune Stratagem," considering the title.  Ah, well)

Still having trouble wrapping my headcanon around the ending of the manga, so I'm probably not going to be working on "Training for the Job" for a while, still.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#424 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:54 PM

desaix, I have something to get off my chest. About 10 years ago, I was an arrogant jerk with ample free time on my hands. I  hadn't yet received the many painful lessons in humility that life has dealt me since. I remember reading your story back then and really enjoying myself as I read it. Nonetheless, I was jealous of how well it was written (my writing skills at the time were garbage in comparison), so I left intentionally bad reviews in an effort to get a rise out of you. You and I had a brief back and forth about it, but you rightfully deemed me a troll and ceased engaging me. I would like to apologize for the actions of my younger self back then. You were a talented writer back then and you are exponentially more talented now. I wish you the best in all of your endeavors! 

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users