831 replies to this topic

#81 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

A very touching chapter, but nothing that I wasn't expecting, even the ending.

I liked the ObiRin moment, it's just a pity it will never be given a full resolution with Obito confessing and maybe Rin seeing him in a romantic light.

I guess we're meant to make the assumption that it will be resolved in the next world now that they're alone together. We already have Minato supporting Obito's feelings for Rin by telling him not to give up, which leaves the implication that Obito could've indeed gotten Rin's affection if he tried, which he'll probably now do based on his words about being alone with her without Kakashi interfering.

Well, maybe when Minato returns to the afterlife Kushina will be there to greet him along with Obito and Rin who could be shown still holding hands. That could easily be the canon confirmation we wanted.

That would be nice who knows maybe Minato will reference 504 again and he'll tell Kushina that Naruto found someone just like her.

eh10ut.jpg

#82 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

For what it's worth, the members here do seem to be getting a lot of amusement in poking holes at the comments and theories made by the SS crowd. That's one positive benefit which the pairing seems to offer NS fans on this website.

If nothing else, Sasuke's mediocre performance should have given a clear message that they should be aiming to kill instead of just sealing their enemy away. The method has already been tried before and it failed to completely extinguish the threat that Kaguya presents to the world.

To be honest here, I love poking holes in their arguement XDDD. I mean, I know its wrong but still...XDDD

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#83 MoonDrop04

MoonDrop04

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

OH!!! I just thought of this!!! :D Would anyone like to see Kakashi facing BZ next chapter and he has Sakura as support!?!? :fu:

I can already see sakura launching a superman punch to BZ, sending him flying towards Kakashi, and Kakashi just lightning blade right through him!!! And BZ is begging for kaguya's help, she looks at him coldly and shoots a bone at him!!!
BZ: b-but.....Mother.....why!?
Kaguya: To Get Some Street Cred as a Villain!!!! And plus you annoying me and mama needs to tuck you in to sleep........FOREVER!!!! >:D

:lmao:

Edited by MoonDrop04, 30 July 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#84 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

I dunno what you guys mean by "confirmed". I mean, they're dead. Theres no need to confirm anything, we don't know what happens in the afterlife in the Narutoverse, but imo Rin was just taking his hand to bring him to heaven or w/e, like an angel, and well, it's over.

To me it seems vague wither if obito really did end up with rin or not. It seems pretty platonic.

#85 SuperSilverStar

SuperSilverStar

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

It is really sad to see Obito go, but he got his happy ending with Rin, so that's good. I've seen a lot of people criticize Naruto for calling Obito a "cool guy". You have to remember that the reason Naruto even said that was because Obito had the same dream as him. And don't forget that Naruto also saw all of Obito's memories when they were pulling the tail beasts away from him. He had tears in his eyes as he saw Obito's memories and in that moment he wanted to turn Obito into his old self. I really admired Naruto for not being some guy that is real hell bent on revenge for what Obito did to his parents. Zabuza, Neji, Gaara, Nagato, and now Obito, all these were people that Naruto had changed and in return those people are what gives Naruto the strength to never give up on his dreams and ninja way.

#86 Lilac

Lilac

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

Aren't they twelve? If they're eternally children, well, what is confirmation at that age? Walking home from school together? lol

#87 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

I dunno what you guys mean by "confirmed". I mean, they're dead. Theres no need to confirm anything, we don't know what happens in the afterlife in the Narutoverse, but imo Rin was just taking his hand to bring him to heaven or w/e, like an angel, and well, it's over.

Yeah, like I said in my other post I didn't see any confirmation either, just a very touching moment between the two. One has to make the assumption they'll be together in the next world based on Minato's words.

So either when Minato leaves for the next world he'll find Obito and Rin greeting him while holding hands, and with Kushina there as well, or we'll accept NaruSaku being confirmed as a sort of proxy confirmation given the similar love situation Rin and Sakura were in.

#88 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

So what's the moral of the story: You start a terrorist organization and kill dozens of people, only to die and get rewarded for your efforts in the after life. Thnx Kishi  :D

Don't even get me started on Naruto! I think I've just read the most dumbest statement in this entire series. The coolest guy you know? Really?  My God. I lost a few brain cells after reading that.

Ugh. If anything I'm happy that Obito didn't make some crappy parallel by comparing Rin to Sakura. And I loved everything that Zetsu said about Obito because it was all true! He deserves worse, but to see him crack into pieces and Zetsu laugh at him made me feel a bit better about this chapter. Thank goodness he's finally gone. 

So much for Kakashi getting a handout from Obito LOL.

Thank you I could not have said it better myself.

I find it completely unfair. Kushina died in pain, knowing that her child has no parental support and had to live as a jinchuuriki. Minato died failing to protect his wife and son. And Obito gets to die all honorably and glorious with Rin saying that he tried his best? Naruto saying he was the 'coolest guy'? Kushina, Minato, Kakashi, Sakura, Neji, Jiraiya, Tsunade were kittenloads more cooler than a guy who turned evil because of his failed love life. Sad, Obito's actions seems to top them all.

By the way, I DO think the end part was an obvious parallel to the POAL.There was no need to word it as a 'promise'. It could have been dream, goal, ambition, etc but Kishi intentionally worded it as a 'promise'.Obito saying to Naruto to become Hokage and that end scene was an obvious indication of Naruto being a successful version of Obito and Sakura being the one who is still safely protected and watching him.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#89 shisui

shisui

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

I'm very sad that Obito is gone, although I cannot agree with what Naruto said about him being the coolest.

#90 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

:(

aw9vkj.gif

#91 Zoey

Zoey

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

Im conflicted about Obito's ending, I'm sympathetic but the coolest guy?! really? Lame. 

Also looks like BZ is being set up to fight Sakura and Kakashi, at least they won't be in the sidelines resting anymore. Im exited to see how Kayuga acts without BZ. The cages are likely to appear too 

#92 machi

machi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Books, Singing, Reading manga, swimming :)

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

Since next week it will be about Naruto's anger, I can see Sakura rushing forward to calm him down. We already saw a little bit of that this chapter, when she called his name :) Looks a bit like foreshadowing to me haha~ And it's time Kishi gave us a bit of physical proximity between them  :chuckle:

tumblr_n8oh1gcKhS1qk95iao3_500.png

#93 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

It is really sad to see Obito go, but he got his happy ending with Rin, so that's good. I've seen a lot of people criticize Naruto for calling Obito a "cool guy". You have to remember that the reason Naruto even said that was because Obito had the same dream as him. And don't forget that Naruto also saw all of Obito's memories when they were pulling the tail beasts away from him. He had tears in his eyes as he saw Obito's memories and in that moment he wanted to turn Obito into his old self. I really admired Naruto for not being some guy that is real hell bent on revenge for what Obito did to his parents. Zabuza, Neji, Gaara, Nagato, and now Obito, all these were people that Naruto had changed and in return those people are what gives Naruto the strength to never give up on his dreams and ninja way.

yeah thats the kind of hokage naruto will become 

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#94 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

Is this someone or am I imagining this?

wow! i didn't notice this ...or may be we're both imAgining :lol: is it Sasuke or Sakura or anyone else??

Edited by Princess Iris, 30 July 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#95 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

One of the MOST touching deaths were those of....Ero senin and Minato and Kushina and Zabuza to certain extent... :(...They were so....touching!

#96 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

sad for obito.... he himself stated to be a sinner... he tried to do everthing for putting everything right... Maybe he wasn't the coolest guy as Naruto stated but i appreciated how he reacter after he found out that he was manipulated by Madara. Nothing will erase all sins that he made but at least he dead in time for showing how he is still the old Naruto that Rin used  to know.

I'm afraid about Obito's words "From here on, you will undoubtely still have more pain and tragedy to face...." I hope that something bad won't happen to Sakura...

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#97 SuperSilverStar

SuperSilverStar

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

sad for obito.... he himself stated to be a sinner... he tried to do everthing for putting everything right... Maybe he wasn't the coolest guy as Naruto stated but i appreciated how he reacter after he found out that he was manipulated by Madara. Nothing will erase all sins that he made but at least he dead in time for showing how he is still the old Naruto that Rin used  to know.

I'm afraid about Obito's words "From here on, you will undoubtely still have more pain and tragedy to face...." I hope that something bad won't happen to Sakura...

Yes, I, too am afraid of what Kishi is trying to say here.

#98 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

naah, i don't want make some mental trips now.... maybe he was talking about sasuke :twitch:

anyway, the chapter in the next week will be the last before the break due to Obon festival, I see a new NH hand holding. :pimp:

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#99 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

Yeah, I'll admit I see the POAL parallel too. But I think that was the closest to an ObiRin/NaruSaku parallel you can get. It wasn't stated they were parallels, just heavily implied even in Obito's afterlife. Like I said before I'm absolutely fine with it. Parallels are fun and everything, but I always appreciate the actual NaruSaku development more.

Obito's last words were definitely nothing related to pairings or even being forced to being related to pairings. He just said become Hokage at all costs. Obito didn't say "Fulfill your dreams at all cost" or "Do what I couldn't". If Obito said things like that, then can definitely be an indirect NS hint. This wasn't it.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 30 July 2014 - 08:32 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#100 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

No no. Sakura's not dying :D. It was something like what Nagato said to Naruto....in the same context and same meaning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users