Unbearably Disappointing Game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#21 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Nov 13 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
D:
Shame on you for thinking that.
And to add to my list, Halo 3.

You know the fanboys will definitely kill you for saying Halo is in the disappointing list. tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#22 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:59 AM

I loved Halo 1 & 2, all they did to 3 was add some items and improve the graphics.
I got bored within 2 months of it.

#23 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:26 AM

Hm. I gotta say Soul Caliber III. I LOVED SC2, and the release of SC3 was what lead me to buy a PS3. However, I was so disappointed in it (not so much the gameplay as, well, everything else about it; I hated just about every character's story, I felt character creation was a lot weaker than before (and one of the things I liked most about SC2 was the character creation), and I really kinda was hoping they'd add a new "Chronicles," since I really liked the mix of the fighting game elements with the strategy elements. I won't say it's unplayable, but it's... well, as the thread title says, disappointing.

I suppose I could make a long list. I haven't liked a Final Fantasy since IX (and that was after finding VIII rather dull, as well). Just about every game I've bought for the Wii, with the exception of the Wii Sports game (which came with the system, of course) and Mario Cart (which is kinda dull to play on my own, so I usually only playing when visiting my nephew at my brother's house). I've been heavily disappointed with the selection of games available for every 'next gen' system out there (XBox, Wii, PS3... not even a small percentage of the games being released in the genres I enjoy are worth getting. Even new releases for the PS2 have been better, by far, than the new releases for next gen systems (in terms of enjoyability, storylines, and so on, despite the weaker graphics and occasionally less complex gameplay)). I suppose I liked Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, to some extent, but there are several things I want to do with my character that for so immersive a system should really have been included, that I'm disappointed aren't in there. Outside of Elder Scrolls, it seems as if every console RPG of the styles I enjoy are either not being made any more (in some styles. I have high hopes for the Chrono Trigger update for the DS, even knowing there'll be almost no change in the game) or is being produced entirely as MMORGs, which I have absolutely no desire to get involved with. The most recent RPG I've bought that I really enjoyed (as opposed to Elder Scrolls, which I did enjoy but found myself constantly frustrated with) was Rogue Galaxy, and even that was a bit too much 'new-style' RPGish for me. *sigh*

Going more old-school, I was disappointed with Space Quest 6 -- I kinda felt that ruined what I thought was a pretty good conclusion to the series in Space Quest 5. I was disappointed with some of the later Zorks. I've tried several flight simulators, but I haven't found a 'realistic' flight simulator I enjoyed since Falcon 3.0, and I haven't found a 'sci-fi' flight simulator I've enjoyed since Wing Commander III (IV sucked. Bleh). I also thought Civilization 2, 3, and 4 have all been a bit lacking compared to other strategy games that have cropped up in the interim, though I kinda like Revolutions because it's the first of the genre I can recall being produced for a console, save for the "Chronicles" sub-game in Soul Caliber II.

Meh. I dunno, maybe I'm just not into modern games much.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#24 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (desaix @ Nov 14 2008, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm. I gotta say Soul Caliber III. I LOVED SC2, and the release of SC3 was what lead me to buy a PS3. However, I was so disappointed in it (not so much the gameplay as, well, everything else about it; I hated just about every character's story, I felt character creation was a lot weaker than before (and one of the things I liked most about SC2 was the character creation), and I really kinda was hoping they'd add a new "Chronicles," since I really liked the mix of the fighting game elements with the strategy elements. I won't say it's unplayable, but it's... well, as the thread title says, disappointing.

I suppose I could make a long list. I haven't liked a Final Fantasy since IX (and that was after finding VIII rather dull, as well). Just about every game I've bought for the Wii, with the exception of the Wii Sports game (which came with the system, of course) and Mario Cart (which is kinda dull to play on my own, so I usually only playing when visiting my nephew at my brother's house). I've been heavily disappointed with the selection of games available for every 'next gen' system out there (XBox, Wii, PS3... not even a small percentage of the games being released in the genres I enjoy are worth getting. Even new releases for the PS2 have been better, by far, than the new releases for next gen systems (in terms of enjoyability, storylines, and so on, despite the weaker graphics and occasionally less complex gameplay)). I suppose I liked Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, to some extent, but there are several things I want to do with my character that for so immersive a system should really have been included, that I'm disappointed aren't in there. Outside of Elder Scrolls, it seems as if every console RPG of the styles I enjoy are either not being made any more (in some styles. I have high hopes for the Chrono Trigger update for the DS, even knowing there'll be almost no change in the game) or is being produced entirely as MMORGs, which I have absolutely no desire to get involved with. The most recent RPG I've bought that I really enjoyed (as opposed to Elder Scrolls, which I did enjoy but found myself constantly frustrated with) was Rogue Galaxy, and even that was a bit too much 'new-style' RPGish for me. *sigh*

Going more old-school, I was disappointed with Space Quest 6 -- I kinda felt that ruined what I thought was a pretty good conclusion to the series in Space Quest 5. I was disappointed with some of the later Zorks. I've tried several flight simulators, but I haven't found a 'realistic' flight simulator I enjoyed since Falcon 3.0, and I haven't found a 'sci-fi' flight simulator I've enjoyed since Wing Commander III (IV sucked. Bleh). I also thought Civilization 2, 3, and 4 have all been a bit lacking compared to other strategy games that have cropped up in the interim, though I kinda like Revolutions because it's the first of the genre I can recall being produced for a console, save for the "Chronicles" sub-game in Soul Caliber II.

That's an awful lot to be disappointed in XD;

#25 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (desaix @ Nov 14 2008, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you meant you liked Soul Calibur III and was disappointed with Soul Calibur IV because I know darn well Soul Calibur II doesn't have a Chronicles mode and character customization.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Nov 12 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pacman
Can't get past level 3 without cheating.

I feel your pain: Watching both of your cousins, and your UNCLE, own you. Except I didn't use any cheats

Also, Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was EXTREMELY hyped about this game. Only game I've ever gotten its release day. It rocked for the first few weeks, but then it got kinda boring. Don't get me wrong. The game was really good, except it was missing what Melee had. I was playing Melee for years, and it wasn't boring, Brawl on the other hand...

Edited by Auni, 15 November 2008 - 02:36 AM.

. Don't Press the red button

#27 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Nov 14 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you meant you liked Soul Calibur III and was disappointed with Soul Calibur IV because I know darn well Soul Calibur II doesn't have a Chronicles mode and character customization.

Gah! Yep. I guess I just wiped Soul Caliber IV out of existence in my memory, but didn't complete the brainwipe and assigned everything from each edition to it's previous edition. sweatdrop.gif

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#28 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:52 AM

Lufia: The Ruins of Lore was such a horrid disappointment, I'd actually forgotten all about it 'til just now. To make a long, seriously pissed off rant short: The story never resolves, and it has load times.

A GBA title. That has load times. Brain = Kerploded. 111193.gif

#29 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:14 AM

SCIV was mostly about the women. If you've seen the screenshots, you'll know what I mean.

QUOTE (Auni @ Nov 15 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel your pain: Watching both of your cousins, and your UNCLE, own you. Except I didn't use any cheats

Also, Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was EXTREMELY hyped about this game. Only game I've ever gotten its release day. It rocked for the first few weeks, but then it got kinda boring. Don't get me wrong. The game was really good, except it was missing what Melee had. I was playing Melee for years, and it wasn't boring, Brawl on the other hand...

I didn't like Melee or Brawl, they both felt lacking, but for the short time I was playing Brawl, I loved it. The characters were mostly balanced as well compared to its predecessors.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#30 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:37 PM

Halo 3

That's not how you finish a trilogy!!!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#31 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:03 PM

Ragnarok Online II

In short: total dissapointment compared to the predessor, I played it for a few days and already regretting the fact that I waste my time doing it. None other games ever dissapoint me that fast...

Edited by BlackLightning, 15 November 2008 - 01:03 PM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#32 AyaMoto74

AyaMoto74

Mrs. Darttension

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:I think you all know my hobbies XD

My hobbies include writing/ making music, writing stories, playing videogames, and chatting!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

I know what you guys mean about Halo III, oh God, it was my first time playing Halo and I imagined this mind-blowing thing and got NOTHING. It's exactly the same as any other sci-fi shooter I've played! Like seriously!

As for SCIV, I liked it, but it needs more things to last me forever. I played SC3 for a few years, I only played SC4 for like 2 weeks. Tower of Lost Souls is not enough! (And it sucks because I bought it at full price too shamefulcry0js.gif ) I mean, I still turn it on like once-twice a week, but still.

And Brawl . . . well, I haven't played it yet, but my sister got it for her birthday (it came out on my birthday but I hadn't played Melee for so long that I could care less) but from what I've seen, it's EXACTLY the same. I'm probably gonna turn it on in a few days, and I'm really hoping it keeps me, but let's just say that I have low hopes sad.gif

Kiss you for lonesome folly...

#33 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:44 AM

I demand you stick your opinions of Halo 3 up a chimney.

I loved the game, although the ending left a lot to be desired. Halo 2 disappointed me more than Halo 3, and Brawl was spectacular. I don't see why the dislike for it.

My unbearably disappointing game? Need For Speed ProStreet. It was just... ugh.

#34 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (Auni @ Nov 14 2008, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't use cheat codes, more like starting off from where I died.

Halo 3

That's not how you finish a trilogy!!!
Amen

I demand you stick shove yours up a chimney.
I don't mean that Halo 3 is boring, just that it could have been better.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 16 November 2008 - 04:01 AM.

#35 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:17 AM

Haze, what a total letdown that was.

I am surprised people are saying Halo 3, i mean, i dont think of it as the best game, far from it, but its still a brilliant game with very few flaws, so im surprised people can be "disappointed" by it.

Ah well, I guess some people are extremely hard to please.

#36 NarutoxNSxSakura

NarutoxNSxSakura

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Nov 13 2008, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I maybe the only person on the planet who thinks this but as for recent games I was kind of disappointed by Gears of War 2. Not "unbearably" disappointed it's still a good game I just thought while playing it "Man the first is so much better than this".

Trust me, you're not alone on that thought. The campaign for Gears 2 is a lot better than the first, but the multiplayer doesn't seem to be as good as the first. I've actually started playing the first one again already...I am/was very disappointed by the second game. It was too hyped, just like Halo 3. Which don't get me wrong, is a fun game...

#37 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 16 2008, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I loved the game, although the ending left a lot to be desired. Halo 2 disappointed me more than Halo 3, and Brawl was spectacular. I don't see why the dislike for it.

My unbearably disappointing game? Need For Speed ProStreet. It was just... ugh.

Hrmm allow me to express my opinon before I go up the ol' chimmey.

Multiplayer wise, Halo 3 was great, but that's why im disappointed with it, the one thing that made the Halo series so great was the fact it had both a great single player and multiplayer.

Halo 3 on the other hand foucsed only on it's multiplayer aspect, the forge system and whatnot, a true treat for multiplayer fans.

But single player left somthing to be desired, Halo 2 had (in my opinion) the greatest single player in the series, great story and plot twists, great action and alot of moments I have from this game. not to mantion the ending which has left a opening for what copuld have been an explosive ending to the series, cortana being captured by the gravemind, the covenet breaking apert, the elites joinig the humans, the possiabilties were limtless.

But in the end all we got a stale single player, Cortana being captured by the gravemind? (how many of you thought she was going to go heywire?) who cares, the MC will save her and things will be like they were before, The Arbiter? great we have a new slot to fill for the co-op mode, who needs his view anway? and the gravemind? hell, let's just a freakin' floating ball as the final boss of this ENTIRE TRIOLGY!

And of course the fact that single-player was just tad boring, I played this game only once alone and once with my bro and we left it, unlike Halo 2 which we finished for the gazilionth time. so we get to kill a scarab, big whoop sleep.gif

Quite funny but I thought that the ending was great.

Oh yeah... MCXCortana FOREVAAAAA a_dance.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#38 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Nov 15 2008, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I demand you stick shove yours up a chimney.
I don't mean that Halo 3 is boring, just that it could have been better.

arg.gif

WUTDAFUX.

*SHOVEs IT up a chimney* DX

#39 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

All of 2K Sports' MLB games for Next Gen consoles, especially 2k6 and 2k8 sucked which is shocking cuz they usually nail Baseball.

uc.png

#40 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:52 AM

I don't care what anyone else says I hated Apollo Justice/Gyakuten Saiban 4.

uc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users