• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

The groups have just been drawn for the FIFA World Cup 2014.

Group A: Brazil, Mexico, Croatia and Cameroon

Group B: Spain, Chile, Australia and Netherlands.

Group C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan.

Group D: Uruguay, England, Costa Rica and Italy. --- Ouch! Group of Death for England

Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France and Honduras.

Group F: Argentina, Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.

Group G: Germany, Ghana, Portugal and USA.

Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia and South Korea.

Anyone else interested in Football/Soccer and planning to watch the World Cup?

Edited by Enkai, 06 December 2013 - 05:30 PM.

10wnpqp.jpg

#2 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Ah yes :D such an exciting time, I am definitely going to follow!

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#3 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

@megi Awesome, it is always exciting. What team/teams are you supporting? :D

10wnpqp.jpg

#4 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

Hehe, I have an obligation to cheer on Japan :D and depending on the match up I also cheer on for US, but I am "secretly" a huge fan of Argentina. For me I am really rooting for England this time around too. Haha, I really like the cheering spirit (soccer is my favorite sport to watch). Not sure if any of them will make it but whatever  :boogie: I'm watching till the end!

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#5 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

France's group is LOL

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#6 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

England is so f**cked up.
i'm from Brazil and being honest Manaus is so hot that people from my country says "if you're going to hell you must do internship in Manaus or Teresina first".

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 06 December 2013 - 08:29 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#7 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

England is so f**cked up.
i'm from Brazil and being honest Manaus is so hot that people from my country says "if you're going to hell you must do internship in Manaus or Teresina first".

I think for once I'm siding with you! :sweatdrop:

I always find time for the World Cup, but following the draw today, the mediocre performances against Chile and Germany in November (and now the weather), I think England are going to struggle to even get out of the group.

Even when we had a so called 'EASY' group in 2010:

Need I remind you all how THIS came back to haunt us...

And how did that go? We scraped through as runners-up and got battered by Germany in the last 16 (outrageous disallowed Lampard goal aside). :facepalm:

Being English, naturally I want my team to do well (hell, a semi-final appearance would be progress to me) but the way things are, I just don't see it.

Surprisingly, for all of Lionel Messi's accolades, a World Cup Winner's medal has so far eluded him.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#8 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Ok, in the group with Brazil, still ''Si se puede''.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#9 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

Surprisingly, for all of Lionel Messi's accolades, a World Cup Winner's medal has so far eluded him.

The problem is that Messi's playing style doesn't fit with Argentina's and vice versa. If they want to win and maximize his potential, they need to find some sort of variation of Tiki-Taka because that's the style Messi is so comfortable with. Neymar, on the other hand, has a team that knows his playing style the best and in so doing, they can fully use his potential. It wouldn't be surprising if the two rivaling teams were to face off, Messi would bow in defeat to his young protege.  

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#10 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

@megi You're from Japan? :D, I look forward to seeing Japan really good team to watch, Belgium should also be really awesome so much potential in their team and ofc some of the favorites Germany, Spain, Argentina and Brazil. I'm from England so I can only hope we some sort of miracle to get past the group stages. If only Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey were English. Oh well... I think it's going to be really good and interesting world cup :P

@Quinny52 I share your disappointment, I think England have a very slight chance of progressing, hopefully Ravel Morrison is in the squad and even Ross Barkley would be good have. I think if we play the right squad we can do well, if Sturridge is fit for the World Cup he will be really good with Rooney playing behind him. Oh and I'm curious since you're from Manchester, if you do watch the Premier League what team you support? 

@Codus N Yeah Argentina's style is different to what Messi is best in but recently he has been in really good form for Argentina so they can really do well, especially with Aguero and Di Maria. Although I'd prefer Portugal over Argentina to win just for Ronaldo haha Is there any team you are supporting or would like to win the cup?

10wnpqp.jpg

#11 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Brazil, German, or Spain. I think that's the only team that can win World Cup at least on paper.
I think it would be German.

#12 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Yeah I'd say Germany are one of the strongest competitors and probably based on squad depth have the highest chance, but since it is in Brazil I think it gives Brazil an advantage, they also have a really strong team. Also Germany did get destroyed by Italy in the 2012 Euro.

10wnpqp.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FIFA, World Cup, Brazil, 2014, Football, Soccer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users