Close
Photo

Hinata Hyuga: Opinion and Character Analaysis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Hinata Hyuga: Opinion and Character Analaysis (93 member(s) have cast votes)

Opinon of Hinata

1. I love Hinata! She's my favorite! (1 votes [1.08%])

Percentage of vote: 1.08%

2. I like her but she's not a favorite (29 votes [31.18%])

Percentage of vote: 31.18%

3. She's okay but can be annoying sometimes (16 votes [17.20%])

Percentage of vote: 17.20%

4. I don't care about Hinata. (36 votes [38.71%])

Percentage of vote: 38.71%

5. I really dislike her (11 votes [11.83%])

Percentage of vote: 11.83%

Vote

#1 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

I decided to create this topic where we can rant about Hinata's popularity, our personal opinion on her, and what her purpose is in the story.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#2 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

1. This place is going to be probably closed for bashing

2. I chose the "I don't care" option because she is a background character, and all Kishi does with her is put her in for the money. If you think about it, Kishi said at the very beginning that he already had his pairings planned out, he just had to make a way for them to get together. Now with him saying this, he was talking about how he chose his pairings BEFORE he had any fans at all. Meaning he didn't know Hinata was going to be so big (he even said "I don't see why Hinata is so popular"). With this in mind, we can all see that Hinata's character is used a little more so that his Hinata fanbase will shut up and keep watching his series. I'm not being mean or anything, I'm just saying. He made his pairing choice before he had any fans, and his first manga cover was a picture with Sakura looking at Naruto... blushing, and Sasuke away in the distance (all credit goes to Ciardha for finding this). So with that, we can tell he had NaruSaku in mind before any other pairing, so if he said "I had my pairings thought out from the beginning", and then he made that his first manga cover. If you can still sit there and say Hinata wasn't used more for her fans, then your crazy. Overall, Hinata is still used because of her fans. Now I like her character a little, but her fans have made her nothing but something in the way of the series. In the anime, pierrot trys to make her equal to team 7, and that's why many are leaving anime, and only reading manga. Pierrot think their smart, but their not. Can't wait for NaruSaku to become canon, and see how Pierrot goes about making it. a_spaz.gif

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 14 April 2012 - 11:31 AM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#3 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

@FoolishYoungling
If this thread gets closed because people in this site is bashing Hinata, then that just shows what kind of people the members of H&E are.

Interesting topic. Now we can judge how this whole site thinks about Hinata. For me, I don't dislike her. Heck I was even a casual NH fan during part 1 and early part 2. I wasn't the kind that really wanted NH to happen in the end, just thought that it would be good for Hinata to end up with Naruto since she like him and all. The reason most people in this site dislike her is because of how NH fans overhype her every action and they get easily irritated by it. Hence they keep comparing Hinata and Sakura constantly. I think this is not fair to Hinata as a character because she is a minor character afterall compared to Sakura who is the main. The post above me is a very good example of what I'm trying to say. This thread is to discuss Hinata, not comparing NH and NS.

As for her character itself, she is considered a moe type designed to be all sweet and cute. Usually the moe types likes the main character of the story which is exactly the case here. However her character is ruined because her sole motivation for living is Naruto. All she thinks about is Naruto. With her backstory of being in the head family of the clan, she was considered weak hence is not fit for being the clan leader. Even with this development, her motivation to be stronger is not to be respectable as the clan leader but for Naruto to look at her. Even in the war, as seen by her monologue and declaration that she wants to stand side by side with Naruto and hold his hand.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 14 April 2012 - 11:50 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#4 Kyuzo Hatake

Kyuzo Hatake

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:I like debating about pairings.And simply talking about characters strengths and weaknesses.(especially Naruto)Off topic I enjoy surfing and soccer.I also spend a lot of my time training.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 14 2012, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@FoolishYoungling
If this thread gets closed because people in this site is bashing Hinata, then that just shows what kind of people the members of H&E are.

Interesting topic. Now we can judge how this whole site thinks about Hinata. For me, I don't dislike her. Heck I was even a casual NH fan during part 1 and early part 2. I wasn't the kind that really wanted NH to happen in the end, just thought that it would be good for Hinata to end up with Naruto since she like him and all. The reason most people in this site dislike her is because of how NH fans overhype her every action and they get easily irritated by it. Hence they keep comparing Hinata and Sakura constantly. I think this is not fair to Hinata as a character because she is a minor character afterall compared to Sakura who is the main. The post above me is a very good example of what I'm trying to say. This thread is to discuss Hinata, not comparing NH and NS.

As for her character itself, she is considered a moe type designed to be all sweet and cute. Usually the moe types likes the main character of the story which is exactly the case here. However her character is ruined because her sole motivation for living is Naruto. All she thinks about is Naruto. With her backstory of being in the head family of the clan, she was considered weak hence is not fit for being the clan leader. Even with this development, her motivation to be stronger is not to be respectable as the clan leader but for Naruto to look at her. Even in the war, as seen by her monologue and declaration that she wants to stand side by side with Naruto and hold his hand.

True.Off topic I shipped NaruSaku in part 1 but thought that maybe it would be SasuSaku.She pretty much lost her respect to most people when she became utterly devoted to Naruto,Like Romance Girl said earlier(different topic)she admires Naruto and mistook that for love in part 1 and became utterly devoted to him which is when her "feelings" became more irrevocable.As for Hinata I think she can mistake her feelings, not out of stupidity, just out of inexperience.And at first like most people I felt that she "should" have Naruto,even though I was a NaruSaku fan.I think she's pretty strong but she hasn't really mastered the Shinobi way,because she lets her feelings get in the way of her work.(mushin/muga)

P.S:sorry about tying in the discussion of Hinata in with pairings,but Kishi practically tied her to him anyway.

Kyuzo Hatake dry.gif

Fox State 714

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

I don't hate her, but I dislike a few things about her.

Whenever there is a panel or something about her all she ever thinks about is "Naruto-kun." While yes I understand she is in love, but does she ever think about anything else? Anything at all. I thought maybe we get some more out from her or something, but no it's always the same. I feel this keeps her back from reaching a fuller potential. I am not saying she should just lose her love for Naruto. I am saying that she would probably go a lot farther if she thought about something else OTHER than Naruto for a change.

Other than that I have no problems with her. She is strong, has potential, and is kind of cute in certain ways. I have a few images of her that were really nicely drawn and they are not NH pictures, but just of her fighting pose. She has a sort of elegance that differs. Still. I feel if she just put down her feelings for Naruto temporarily, we might see more of her personality and possibly see her improve in social skills.

Darth Krypt also sums up what I think nicely as well.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 LinksmaLope

LinksmaLope

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music, drawing, playing video-games, watching anime, reading manga, reading books, Three Days Grace, Winry Rockbell, Skillet, Apocalyptica, 30 seconds to mars, Higurashi, InuYasha, Naruto, Elfen Lied, FMA, Drowning Pool, Nickelback, Nirvana.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hinata would actually be one of my favourite characters if she would just stop with her obsession over Naruto...Almost everything she does is for "Naruto-kuun" and on chunnin preliminaries she thinks of cheering for her teammates a duty of some sort...Hinata is quite selfish and isn't that perfect,sweet and kind girl most Hina fans picture her as.Though she is friendly and early at the start of the series her shyness was pretty cute,but that's only my opinion of her character which most of the time isn't even shown.

#7 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

I couldn't care about Hinata...the same with Ino and Chouji, as well as Ten Ten and Neji.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#8 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Apr 14 2012, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't care about Hinata...the same with Ino and Chouji, as well as Ten Ten and Neji.

Neji is the too awesome, you must care for him... Not fanboy either, I just know that he is very powerful, and in the databook is shown more powerful than any other in K11. This is something else about Hinata's character development. Only 1 can lead in the Hyuga clan, but Neji is much more powerful than Hinata, and as we all can see, Hinata doesn't look like she will get any more development, after all.. she isn't the heroine.

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 14 April 2012 - 03:10 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

We did had a thread about her back in the day but I believed it was closed or lost in the move.

But here's my two cents about Hinata:

I don't care for her. She bores me to death. Her personality is very bland: a very shy person who is a heir to a powerful clan and in loves with the main character. The former part should have more focus than the latter part so it can make her more interesting but for the sake of pairings, her "love" for Naruto must be on top priority. Here's one thing about that: her love for him is so "great" that she never gave faith in his abilities. It always seems like she always thinks that Naruto isn't that strong and be always be the failure, (see Chuunin Exams in Part 1 even the chapter before the finals, Team Kakashi and Team 8 vs Tobi chapters and recent chapter).

As I said before in the other Hinata thread, she's a background character, not to mention a plot device (see Hinata's confession). She's basically a toned down version of Neji, and he's much more better character: personality and skills-wise. Not only that, she isn't that beautiful like Sakura and Ino, which many of her fans like to praise this. Oh whoopie do, she has big boobs... who cares, IMO she's ugly!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#10 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 14 2012, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I said before in the other Hinata thread, she's a background character, not to mention a plot device (see Hinata's confession). She's basically a toned down version of Neji, and he's much more better character: personality and skills-wise. Not only that, she isn't that beautiful like Sakura and Ino, which many of her fans like to praise this. Oh whoopie do, she has big boobs... who cares, IMO she's ugly!

2XtVwF6.png

#11 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

I feel biased for hitting the "I really dislike her." button, but even looking at her from an un biased view point, I still dislike her - she's overrated. I don't feel like explaining why, but it's not pairing related when it comes to my dislike for her.

this~

Edited by Fenris, 14 April 2012 - 03:20 PM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#12 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

All righty then, where to begin? Now then I don't mind her as a character, though she may tick me off but not making the "all or nothing" move and say how she felt to Naruto in the beginning of part two, and how she did not have a decent one on one conversation with him. Sometimes, I wish Kishi would have taken better paths of building her character and having better interaction with Naruto, so that maybe I would take her character more seriously, but it was not meant to be here.

But like most things in life, its pretty much the fans that really makes me not really interested in her character, and now I have this much dislike for them that I want certain things to happen to the character, they are rooting for, to just stick it to the fans and have them eat their words.

Its not just Hinata as well, I have also have this sort of thing for the Vancouver Canucks, but that's because they are facing the Kings in round one of the playoff and the team that defeated the Kings two years ago in round one. Good team, great goaltender, could get very aggressive and maybe out of line, at times, but its really the fans that really makes me hate them. I don't know why it happens, but fandom could really change a perspective of someone or something. It should not happen, but it does.

Edited by Anguyen92, 14 April 2012 - 05:59 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#13 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Ah, this reminded me of the time someone told me an experience about a student describing positive qualities about his classmate (since people usually find out negative qualities easier than positive qualities). The guy could not say anything positive about his classmate and this left him feeling a bit bitter since the same could happen to a fellow classmate if the teacher asked his classmate about him.

Anyway, old man style talk and NS and NH rant aside (along with excessive prasie for either character), I think Hinata is an OK character. She is a minor character when compared to Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and some others, but I think that side characters in manga seem to have a bigger spotlight than in American series (but that's just my opinion).

Now, about Hinata... You could say that she's a character that many people may identify themselves with: someone who has not much people who believe in her and eventually, this making her believe the comments. However, now she sees that someone is going through the same (or worse) than her, and she understands that if that person could overcome those negative opinions and turn them into positive thoughts, then she can also do the same as long as she works to realize it and believe in herself.

I think she had potential as a character, but I have to admit that her speech in chapter 573 disappointed me because it showed that she does not fully believe in herself yet (she still believes that she has to be with that guy to be complete).

I remember someone showing a video about a missing piece which looked to fit with another. I think this pretty much describes what I'm trying to say. She has to believe in herself and roll on her own (be complete in herself, to say it like that). Only then she will be fully capable of not only showing her true strength, but also to love.

Another thing I liked about both Hinata and Neji is that they both had to deal with something which should NEVER be done between siblings, friends, or anyone: comparison. No two persons will ever be the same and no two persons discover what they truly want in the same way or at the same time. I think both Neji and Hinata are powerful in their own way. Neji might be a genius and Hinata might not have as much confidence in her abilities as Neji, but both are powerful in their own ways.

Finally, as far as her physical attributes go, I think that some guys like girls with long hair and boobs (which is opposite to Sakura's little boobs and short hair), so it's no wonder that many people have taken a like to her. I don't deny that some characters are overrated and that fandom can sometimes make people blind to reality, but I think that each character in a manga is special and unique in their own way, so I don't think any character should be treated like crap.

I'm not a fan of Hinata, but I don't dislike her either. Of course, if I have to choose between her and Sakura to be with Naruto, you don't have to wait even one second until you hear me saying "Sakura!" happy.gif

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Apr 14 2012, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know why it happens, but fandom could really change a perspective of someone or something. It should not happen, but it does.

^ Agreed!

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 14 April 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#14 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

I feel sorry for her character. It's so...shallow and under-developed. I think that she's alright myself, but she's annoying at times because of her extremely shallow character.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#15 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 14 2012, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel sorry for her character. It's so...shallow and under-developed. I think that she's alright myself, but she's annoying at times because of her extremely shallow character.

She's a background character, not the heroine. She is getting way more than enough development. dry.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#16 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 14 2012, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's a background character, not the heroine. She is getting way more than enough development. dry.gif

What you call development is not really development...it's just the same 2D view that we see rehashed again and again.

Edited by Greed-Sama, 14 April 2012 - 06:13 PM.

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#17 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

As I said before in the other Hinata thread, she's a background character, not to mention a plot device (see Hinata's confession). She's basically a toned down version of Neji, and he's much more better character: personality and skills-wise. Not only that, she isn't that beautiful like Sakura and Ino, which many of her fans like to praise this. Oh whoopie do, she has big boobs... who cares,.

This is pretty well my opinion as well. I simply dont have the emotional investment in the character that her fandom has absurdly placed on her. They have quite foolishly imho placed this highly unrealistic expectation on a character that in reality simply isnt that important to the overall story and could diappear from her first appearance and the story wouldnt trip in the slightest.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#18 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 14 2012, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neji, Lee, and Ino all are background characters, too, yet they have more development than her. Saying that she's getting sufficient development at all when she hasn't really changed since Part 1 at all is a bit much.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 14 April 2012 - 06:25 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#19 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

#1 Supporter of Akise Aru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:ALLLLLL the interests. Yeah, I'll update this later.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Why do we needed to analyze it? Lul I think it's pretty simple.

I think Hinata's purpose is just to serve as an example of one of the characters that has been deeply touched by Naruto's never-give-up and all that jazz sorta thing. It's made her stronger and it's made her fond of him (: She looks up to him and she wants to show him how strong that's made her. I think it's cute :3

Yours is the epitome of unadulterated love. You are willing to carry out an act of justice in the name of said love, and hell you are still walking around trying to get to your beloved after your head has been chopped clean off your shoulders? You sir, are a kittening winner in my book.
Congratulations.

"...my beloved Yukiteru-kun..."

#20 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 15 2012, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You really hate Hinata huh? Like zac and greed said, even as a background character, she is lacking in development.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users