120 replies to this topic

#81 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

This guy listens to people around him to much, instead of just writting his story. His talk about how he continued to add a certain character to the ending side story because people around him liked the girl, seems to hint that, that is how he wrote the whole damn thing.

"People around me seemed to like X, so I kept doing X! But I don't understand the romance. So I write about it! That's the secret to my sucess."

This is why Oda has and always will be a better writer than Kishi. He does things his own way and if they got a problem with it then too bad.

One Piece is his story and he wouldn't want it any different. If Kishi was anything like Oda then none of this crap would have happened.

Edited by RedFaction, 25 August 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#82 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

If the rivalry came down to Sarada and Bolt in competition for the Hokage seat, (with Sarada winning of course) then I could generate some interest. That would be a nice twist, to see Sarada become the next Tsunade/Kushina powerhouse type character. But unfortunately I wouldn't trust Kishimoto to write a female-empowered storyline. He'd bring it right to the end, then flip it so Bolt is the leader and Sarada is some kind of Hinata-esque doting housewife. And I'd hate Naruto all over again.

Yep. You said it perfectly. The ending goes 100% against everything that Naruto was ever about. Naruto never gave up on his goals. Ever. So to end it the way it did, it had to make Naruto's whole mantra - his ninja way - just a lot of hot air. 

Naruto never gave up on loving Sakura when they were children and she only had eyes for Sasuke. If anything, that just made Naruto more determined to win her. So why would Naruto give up on her when they're older and she so clearly cares about him? Why would he give up on pursuing her now?

The only people who support this ending are the ones who support Hinata or Sasuke. If you cared about Naruto, the main character, then you can't accept the manga ending. 

Not sure if you read the movie spoilers or not but Boruto doesn't want to be Hokage. And the end of the movie he wishes to be a ninja like Sasuke

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 25 August 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#83 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

Not sure if you read the movie spoilers or not but Boruto doesn't want to be Hokage. And the end of the movie he wishes to be a ninja like Sasuke

Now that you mention it, I do remember that being posted a while back. I didn't know if it was the real thing or not. 

And actually, it's hard to imagine the series moving forward without Boruto wanting to be Hokage at some point. I mean, what's the point, after Naruto turned out to be a Gary-Stu hero with his Mary-Sue wife. Why mix things up with the son? Shouldn't he just follow in his old man's steps? Isn't this all about surpassing the past, for the males anyway?

I guess I feel like even if Boruto swears he just wants to be a ninja, I wouldn't be surprised if that was changed at some point to have him set his sights on Hokage. Just feels like the way the story should go.

I mean, I get that this is all Sasuke worship, but it doesn't make for a good story when the title includes "Naruto" instead.

#84 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

"People around me seemed to like X, so I kept doing X! But I don't understand the romance. So I let my higher ups write about it! That's the secret to my sucess."

fix'd

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#85 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

@tricksie: Well I mean if they want to focus on the journey of Naruto's eventual succesor, then they could just make Sarada the main character of whatever SP has planned next. Boruto could just take on the role of the deuteragonist.

It would probably be a smart move given her popularity compared to the rest of the spawns

#86 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:23 AM

Is it just me or is this interview basically Kishi confirming that we can never trust anything in regards to characters, their traits, their personalities and their development? 

It's like Sasuke likes tea and he probably doesn't like juice, but if story goes in a direction where he needs to like juice in order for the story to advance, Kishi will just wave a magic wand and now Sasuke suddenly likes juice. 

So Naruto loves Sakura and he doesn't love Hinata and Sasuke doesn't love Sakura, but because the story suddenly demanded that Naruto had to love Hinata and Sasuke had to love Sakura then *poof* and then NH and SS became canon.

This is just one example, but really what's the point? Part of the fun of following a story is so see the characters grow in relation to the world around them and the different situations that they go through, but all of that flies out the window if the author can just randomly change the characters' disposition whenever he or she feels like it. :confused:   

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#87 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:03 AM

Is it just me or is this interview basically Kishi confirming that we can never trust anything in regards to characters, their traits, their personalities and their development? 

It's like Sasuke likes tea and he probably doesn't like juice, but if story goes in a direction where he needs to like juice in order for the story to advance, Kishi will just wave a magic wand and now Sasuke suddenly likes juice. 

So Naruto loves Sakura and he doesn't love Hinata and Sasuke doesn't love Sakura, but because the story suddenly demanded that Naruto had to love Hinata and Sasuke had to love Sakura then *poof* and then NH and SS became canon.

This is just one example, but really what's the point? Part of the fun of following a story is so see the characters grow in relation to the world around them and the different situations that they go through, but all of that flies out the window if the author can just randomly change the characters' disposition whenever he or she feels like it. :confused:   

Yesssss, this is exactly what I think. It doesn't matter how the story is told, if there is a fan-demand for something (a different love, a new hero, a change in direction) then they'll do it. And spend the next chapters/movies in retconning the past to justify their massive change.

I can't even think about watching anything Boruto-related without feeling like it doesn't matter - they could dump the whole story to appease some fandom. Why even care about these characters? Look at what they did to Naruto!! So how could they not just do the same crap to Boruto too?!?  

#88 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

Cause Boruto is Hinata spawn that's why. :zaru:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#89 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:25 AM

Cause Boruto is Hinata spawn that's why. :zaru:

And look how Boruto and Himawari have turned out. One is a unlikeable bratty, punk of a kid and the other will probably grow up to be a serial killer one day.

#90 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:41 AM

It`s amazing how much development, character arcs, and foreshadowing can be undone with one stroke of a pen. 

Really is Kishi decides to make Boruto want to become Hokage despite the numerous times he insisted otherwise, he is ruining the one interesting aspect of his character

#91 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:43 AM

Yesssss, this is exactly what I think. It doesn't matter how the story is told, if there is a fan-demand for something (a different love, a new hero, a change in direction) then they'll do it. And spend the next chapters/movies in retconning the past to justify their massive change.

I can't even think about watching anything Boruto-related without feeling like it doesn't matter - they could dump the whole story to appease some fandom. Why even care about these characters? Look at what they did to Naruto!! So how could they not just do the same crap to Boruto too?!?  

Yep. It's a slippery slope. Once you already changed the story once, why not do it again? Maybe they'll end up losing more and more of their fanbase everytime they retcon something. Who knows.

I have no doubt that they'll do it to Buruto. Like you said, if they think there's a profit to be made, they'll do it. Kishi could spend howevermany years developing BS only to drop it at the last second because a huge part of the fanbase would rather want him to end up with another girl.  

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#92 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:54 AM

Yep. It's a slippery slope. Once you already changed the story once, why not do it again? Maybe they'll end up losing more and more of their fanbase everytime they retcon something. Who knows.

I have no doubt that they'll do it to Buruto. Like you said, if they think there's a profit to be made, they'll do it. Kishi could spend howevermany years developing BS only to drop it at the last second because a huge part of the fanbase would rather want him to end up with another girl.  

Yeah, the alternative would be having Sarada end up with Mitsuki at the last minute.  That ship is rising in popularity as I speak :confused:   

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 26 August 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#93 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:40 AM

You forgot that sakura love sasuke.

#94 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:42 AM

But if Naruto stopped the cycle of hatred, or whatever, then shouldn't Bolt not NEED to be a ninja like Sasuke?

Also, just imagine I made a comment here about Bolt wanting to emulate Sasuke's terrible parenting skills, too.

#95 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:51 AM

But if Naruto stopped the cycle of hatred, or whatever, then shouldn't Bolt not NEED to be a ninja like Sasuke?
Also, just imagine I made a comment here about Bolt wanting to emulate Sasuke's terrible parenting skills, too.

They can still be a ninja. It just they don't do ninja thing even by naruto world standard.

Sasuke is kishi favorite, that's why.

#96 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

uh...wish for him to die is pretty harsh...

ultimately Naruto is just fiction, Kishimoto is a bad author, sure but that doesn't warrant a death wish

I have to say it I found this just as stupid as the other people in tumblr that wish other people to die because of pairing wars...it's just sad

I thought we were all better than this

to hell with being off topic..

my eyes almost fell out from rolling too much from reading this interview.

now tell me from what anime is that in your signatre?

#97 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:14 AM

You forgot that sakura love sasuke.

So? She is not important. Doesn't matter what her feelings are.She is not "the heroine."

People always bring up this point on many scales saying how that justify any of it, but bring up how Naruto loved Sakura and people like deny it even existed or that it didn't matter.

"Sakura loves Sasuke"
Yet, it didn't stop him from leaving the village for over 15 years and basically never came back.

My response to everyone who brings this up:
"I thought Naruto was the main character."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 28 August 2015 - 03:36 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#98 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:20 AM

The ending goes 100% against everything that Naruto was ever about. Naruto never gave up on his goals. Ever. So to end it the way it did, it had to make Naruto's whole mantra - his ninja way - just a lot of hot air. 

Funny how it was never spoken ever in the end of the manga, after he said about promise to Sakura he told to Kakashi before fight. And I don't know if it was solved but he said that he didn't solve anything with Sasuke while he handed protector to him. I would laugh if it wasn't resolved in burito movie, did it?

#99 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:24 AM

They can still be a ninja. It just they don't do ninja thing even by naruto world standard.

Sasuke is kishi favorite, that's why.

Well to be far Aizen from Bleach is Kubo's favorite character and you don't see him stealing any spotlight... well yet to say the least...

Then again Kubo is a better writer than Kishi, but then again Oda and Seishi, and the other mangaka are better than Kishi.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#100 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:36 AM

So? She is not important. Doesn't matter what her feelings are.She is not "the heroine."

People always bring up this point on many scales saying how that justify any of it, but bring up how Naruto loved Sakura and people like deny it even existed or that it didn't matter.

"Sakura loves Sasuke"
Yet, it didn't stop him from leaving the village for over 15 years and basically never came back.

My response to everyone who brings this up:
"I thought Naruto was the main character character."

Yep, Sakura's feelings for Sasuke changed nothing about him at all. Just made both of them look worse, especially when they have a kid that Sasuke never sees.

You know, I have heard the excuse that NaruSaku would have been an unhealthy relationship, just because Sakura would always love Sasuke no matter what. Even if that were true, which wouldn't be in any realistic scenario, it isn't much better for Naruto to lie to himself for the entire manga about his feelings for Sakura then turn around and "fall in love" with Hinata out of pity from that genjutsu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users