#1081 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:04 AM

Of course! Are you enjoying it?

Actually I am, I remember reading it back when only raw of ch.1 was out, since beggining people started calling it rip off of Naruto, because of how similar ch.1 was to Naruto's.

Either way I was happy with a similar start because if anything it was a new chance for a right message to be voiced. I've read it in ongoing with up till the end of elf arc, than started letting it gather like 10 chapter than read them in one go.

I like mc, I like Yami, Noel isn't half bad. Fire lady is my favorit female character in this. I also prefer dynamics betwen Asta and Yuno to Deku and Bakugo, if compare those 2 "new" main tittles of Jump. Asta and Yuno actually felt like friends and Yuno is once in blue moon "cool" achtype that isn't ass to anybody, while Deku and Bakugo 95% of time is bully and it's victim kind of "friendship", this new arc on Black Clever is ptetty good it's even somewhat slower with it's pace than the usual crazy pace that author writes in.

This isn't even first work of author that I follow, if I remember correctly, his previous work was "hungry joker" that ended abruptly, but it had good concepts and plots in my opinion.

#1082 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:38 AM

That's all I ask for lol. I love it a lot too (Just as much as My Hero Academia, actually) and I definitely enjoy Asta and Yuno's friendship more than Deku and Bakugo's (it is actually one of the things I like LEAST about My Hero). the fight scenes are my favorite part and it feels like an antithesis to Naruto. Like Naruto, sure the villains get off easy all things considered, but UNLIKE Naruto Asta at least calls out their actions and tells straight up to their faces that no no amount of personal issues or pain justifies bringing suffering to others. I ALSO LOVE Asta and Noelle's dynamic more than Naruto and Sakura's, actually. lol All of the development, with little of the drama if you ask me

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 January 2021 - 02:15 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1083 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:31 AM

That's all I ask for lol. I love it a lot too (Just as much as My Hero Academia, actually) and I definitely enjoy Asta and Yuno's friendship more than Deku and Bakugo's (it is actually one of the things I like LEAST about My Hero). the fight scenes are my favorite part and it feels like an antithesis to Naruto. Like Naruto, sure the villains get off easy all things considered, but UNLIKE Naruto Asta at least calls out their actions and tells straight up to their faces that no no amount of personal issues or pain justifies bringing that suffering to others. I ALSO LOVE Asta and Noelle's dynamic more than Naruto and Sakura's, actually. lol All of the development, with little of the drama if you ask me

Something to point out is that Horikoshi doesn't consider Izuku and Katsuki's relationship a friendship yet (as he stated in an interview after Heroes Rising premiered).  While Bakugo is making some strides such as acknowledging his bullying to Deku to All Might, and is now attempting to make amends by helping him train and more recently, risking his life to protect him, Horikoshi stated that until Bakugo actually apologizes to Deku for everything he's done to him, they're just rivals.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1084 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:22 AM

That’s good to know. Although All Might calls them friends, And Deku seems to be Bakugo’s apologist at times. -__-

#1085 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:20 AM

As much as I despise SP,  I won't deny that  the animation quality and music for the new opening and ending for Black Clover is absolutely spectacular.

#1086 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:10 PM

Yeah The animation for those "Grandeur" and "Beautiful" take my breath away in all honesty. But that aside, I didn't like that shipping war trigger last week. -___- THAT NEVER HAPPENED. Plus, It kind of hampers the bonding moment between Noelle Mimosa and Loropechka.  

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 January 2021 - 02:15 AM.

#1087 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:16 PM

Well, what do you know? It looks like Studio Pierrot is going make Black Clover into a seasonal anime starting at the end of March. The first intelligent decision that they've made in quite awhile.

#1088 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 02:57 AM

Well, what do you know? It looks like Studio Pierrot is going make Black Clover into a seasonal anime starting at the end of March. The first intelligent decision that they've made in quite awhile.

The nonstop year running anime has been falling out of style in recent years and with the success of franchises like MHA anime not negatively affecting its sales or popularity. No reason to keep doing it. It just puts pressure on the mangaka forcing them to keep a certain pace never slowing down and since they can never keep up that pace; it forces the anime to do filler that no one cares about while staff keep dying in the work place due to being over-worked.

As far as I know, the only year long running anime (that are adaptations of manga) again that I know of that are still doing that are Conan, One Piece, and Boruto. The first two have formats that can handle it and Boruto's staff are getting what they wanted; so who cares.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 February 2021 - 11:43 AM.

#1089 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:48 PM

Black Clover 282 spoiler are out!

#1090 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 05:08 PM

Black Clover 282 spoiler are out!

Could be coincidentally.

#1091 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 14 February 2021 - 01:33 PM

Also, I found out that in an interview back 2019, Tabata stated that he considers all eleven arcs thus far to only be the "first saga" of the manga. So, this dispels any notion created by some fans that the Spade Kingdom arc will be the final arc of Black Clover.

#1092 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:12 PM

Also, I found out that in an interview back 2019, Tabata stated that he considers all eleven arcs thus far to only be the "first saga" of the manga. So, this dispels any notion created by some fans that the Spade Kingdom arc will be the final arc of Black Clover.

I can imagine that he says that because there's a lot more he wants to explore, like the things of Yami's background he hasn't done in the Quartet Knights spin-off tied to the game and the main series too, as well as more about Asta's mom and Yuno's own past he may not get to in the main series.  Who knows? But I look forward to what the future holds for Black Clover with how it's been going so far.

#1093 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:08 PM

Any official confirmation on it? I mean I'm not surprised if it WERE in fact true because as Bail said, a weekly running anime that is adapting a one for one story of a weekly manga isn't necessary for both putting pressure on the manga to get ahead and the quality of the animation dips since workers are getting overworked and are pressured to meet the deadline every week, not to mention the anime adaptation is practically at the manga's heels right now. but definitely agreed Black clover being seasonal is definitly a step in the right direction. In fact I think it should have been done since the beginning. Maybe there would have been fewer initial detractors form the anime then.

#1094 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:53 AM

No new chapter this week on account of Tabata falling ill.

#1095 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 27 February 2021 - 05:32 AM

No new chapter this week on account of Tabata falling ill.

Tabata didn't exactly fall ill, apparently it was due to scheduling I think him missing deadline or something along those lines.

Edited by LuckyChi7, 27 February 2021 - 05:32 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1096 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 06:00 PM

Well either way we have to wait a week after such an awesome cliffhanger. -___- But all hail the queen’s return lol!!!!! :D

#1097 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 01 April 2021 - 05:27 AM

Damn, I won't lie, the final episode was absolutely beautiful. Heck, tthe animation quality of the Spade Kingdom arc has actually been very solid. Hopefully, when BC comes out of its hiatus, they can more consistently maintain that level of quality. (And frankly, they can take as long as they want since I don't want Tabata to feel like he has to stay half a dozen steps ahead of the anime).  Hopefully, the upcoming movie will have a good story and be relevant to manga canon (depending on what it's about). 

#1098 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 02:45 PM

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming movie. I hope the Anime will be picked back up in the near future though. And as much resentment as I feel towards SP for both Naruto and how they handled Black Clover overall I am actually hesitant to have another studio take up the animation unless it one known for top quality animation Like Studio Bone,s Mad House, Mappa or Ufotable

#1099 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 02 April 2021 - 04:06 PM

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming movie. I hope the Anime will be picked back up in the near future though. And as much resentment as I feel towards SP for both Naruto and how they handled Black Clover overall I am actually hesitant to have another studio take up the animation unless it one known for top quality animation Like Studio Bone,s Mad House, Mappa or Ufotable

Truth be told Black Clover was handled another a different division within Studio Perriott when it came to the anime...  Think of it as like the team that did the Bleach anime (same team behind Yu Yu Hakusho), and then you got a totally separate division behind Naruto (including Shippuden). 

It's actually why I'm fine with Perriot doing the final arc of Bleach because they did a pretty good job (minus the placement of fillers lol) for as long as it's the same team that handled Yu Yu Hakusho  and the original bleach anime. 

The movie for Black Clover does have me interested as to what they are going to storywise and whether or it the movie will be canon much like how the last 2 movies of My Hero have been. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1100 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 12:08 PM

Truth be told Black Clover was handled another a different division within Studio Perriott when it came to the anime...  Think of it as like the team that did the Bleach anime (same team behind Yu Yu Hakusho), and then you got a totally separate division behind Naruto (including Shippuden). 

It's actually why I'm fine with Perriot doing the final arc of Bleach because they did a pretty good job (minus the placement of fillers lol) for as long as it's the same team that handled Yu Yu Hakusho  and the original bleach anime. 

The movie for Black Clover does have me interested as to what they are going to storywise and whether or it the movie will be canon much like how the last 2 movies of My Hero have been. 

Oh I've known that  for almost as long as the anime was running lol. I know it is not the "Naruto division" that animated Black Clover. My beef with them though is for 3 reasons.

1. prominently is how they spread their filler episodes. Not two episodes in and they were already stretching out the content of the beginning more than necessary. It took them four episodes to get to the Magic knight examination which was chapter 2, another two filler episodes right after the first story arc which was the first fight etc. etc.. It would not be too much of a problem if Crunchyroll was not over selling it as the "next king of Shonen anime" and viewers getting bored of it after the first 3 episodes. Also is the fact that Black Clover had an overly cliché beginning and even fans of the manga were wondering if it was even anything unique or even worth investing in at first. Obviously this lost traction for the beginning and it frustrates me to this day because I LOVE this series, and was very hurt at how others bashed it to the ground and tossed it aside at the beginning, both the manga and anime alike. 

2. like other anime that fall into their laps SP in general seem to have a "boob fetish" in that they overuse a "largely stacked" female character and milk her for all she's worth and throwing in moments with the MC that didn't exist in filler episodes just for the hell of it because they LOOOOVE such a character. This is a has happened enough that I can't call it coincidence. Besides the obvious Hinata (part II/Shippuden anyway,) they've done it to Mimosa as you've noticed, Orihime (though that obviously has merit in comparison) and even Mayura from Twin Star Exorcist. If there are other series that that involve this particular scenario I wouldn't be surprised. 

3. though I am actually not too bothered by this one since it is not only SP that does it, they also tend make tsunderes worse to varying degrees. I've no appreciation to how that they cranked up Noelle's tsundere tendencies and jealousy to the point she'd smack Asta and even throw things at him for only being "slightly irritated". I think that they also made the canon love interest from Twin Star Exorcist, Benio more of a tsundere than she actually was too (but correct me if I'm wrong I stopped watching the anime pretty early). I recall that they did it to Rukia as well. Not to mention it was Sakura that got the worst of it to the point that western watchers call her a  *beep* for it. Obviously it is for humor but then again the last case is what ruined an entire franchise, now isn't it? 

Point being, it may not have been the "Hinata pedo-clown wankers" animating Black Clover but I still have somewhat of a problem with how they portrayed it regardless. Just call it PTSD if you will. :dry: Even though It is all but guaranteed Tabata will not make the same mistake. 

That said I do at least like that they have Asta giving Noelle more "bridal carries" in the filler episodes at least   

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 April 2021 - 10:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users