#21 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

*SNARFLE* NOMNOM NARUSAKU COMPETITIONS rawr.gif

also, y'know how I have that baaaaaaaangin' SOS club on dA (and here you lazy bums) right?

Well since we've got about a million and four watchers (not really, more like 10) full of narusaku-y youth and spirit and all that is shiny inside, and as soon as I get the password to the account lolol I'll go ahead and post up a journal entry pimping out this contest too! BD

Can't wait for the word to reach out! Hopefully we'll get a awesomesaucey turn out owaa wow.png

#22 YonderBeyonder

YonderBeyonder

THIS ICON HAS BEEN IN THE ARMSTRONG FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS!

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, roleplaying, videogames, books, movies, writing, drawing, making music videos, and quite a few other things, really.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:36 AM

I'm tempted to try it out, though I am not interested in the prize (Me and my apathetic brain! Pshaw! Shame on me! arg.gif ), but I'm sure everyone will definately make some magnificent entries! happy.gif

Good luck to everyone! wow.png

#23 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:55 AM

Good luck to all the participants! happy.gif

#24 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:07 AM

I am going to whip this out like nobody's business (i'll keep myself hungry in case i end up eating those words).

#25 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

Update!

In response to Kodachi Claw's PM question, I have boosted the maximum image size in the Gallery to 1000x1500 (widthxheight) pixels. smile.gif This is slightly bigger than the manga pages you see on One Manga, and you'll need to click on the image to see the full size!

This should allow you to create nicely sized doujinshi pages for the Gallery. happy.gif

#26 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:49 PM

maybe i missed it in the original post and i may sound stupid, but can one person (me) submit more than one entry for the contest?

#27 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

Well, I didn't expect anyone to submit more than one doujinshi, but I don't think there is any harm in creating a couple more. happy.gif

#28 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

One entry so far from jworks!

Hope to see some more! a_thumbs.gif

#29 Ratchet McCloud

Ratchet McCloud

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:softball, bowling, Red Wings hockey, U of M football, poker (esp. Texas Hold 'em), Euchre, Gin, Canasta, Magic: the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!, video games (esp. the Dance Dance Revolution series), SASUKE (a.k.a. Ninja Warrior), MythBusters, Time Warp, Human Wrecking Balls, NARUTO

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:35 AM

What the heck is a 'doujinshi'?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" --Adam Savage, MythBusters

#30 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Ratchet McCloud @ May 17 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the heck is a 'doujinshi'?

Doujinshi are self-drawn manga, or fan-comics.

I can't exactly draw very well, but I may or may not scrap something together... maybe not. I'm horrible at drawing. Good luck to those that do enter! w00t.gif

#31 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:29 AM

Quick 2 question: I've run into a bit of a snag. The doushinji drawings are done, but the paper I drew them on is a tad too big for my scanners at home. Will a simple trip to Kinko's help me? Also, for what I have managed to scan, the drawings in the back of the page show, just a little bit (hey, I just don't like to waste paper!). Anyone have an idea of how to deal with this? Cause while I'm aware it doesn't have to be 100% professional, I do want to make it look as good as I possibly can. Thanks.

#32 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:01 AM

Heh, I've run into problems like that all the time. To be honest, there's not much you can do with them physically. How bad is the bleed through? If it isn't too bad, you should be able to edit it with a photo manipulating program (e.g. Photoshop, Gimp, etc. heck, even Paint works, though I wouldn't use that one XD) by clearing out all the black w/ white (make sure you scan it in with Black and White mode if there's no color.). Now, if there's color, your best bet is to go over it with the other color. But at that point, I'd admit defeat and trace the paper.

As for scanning them in, I'm sure you could get it done at Kinkos. I've had the same problem before when scanning in other drawings, so I just have to make a mental note that it doesn't like my paper's size. Just something for the future.

Hope that helped, and can't wait to see what you came up with!

#33 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (TwilightLink20xx @ May 17 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh, I've run into problems like that all the time. To be honest, there's not much you can do with them physically. How bad is the bleed through? If it isn't too bad, you should be able to edit it with a photo manipulating program (e.g. Photoshop, Gimp, etc. heck, even Paint works, though I wouldn't use that one XD) by clearing out all the black w/ white (make sure you scan it in with Black and White mode if there's no color.). Now, if there's color, your best bet is to go over it with the other color. But at that point, I'd admit defeat and trace the paper.

It's not that bad, really. It looks like a faint shadow in the background, and yes, it is in black and white (I know for a fact that if it was color I'd be royally screwed). I've got Photoshop, so could you just list the steps to take in order to not make it look as bad as it appears (I haven't used photoshop before, so I'm new at it).

#34 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

Good. Well, I'll try, but I don't have Photoshop (too much money for me, I'm a GIMP user for that reason), so I can't tell you what controls to use. BUT I can tell you the basics. Go in there, and pick the white that is in the background. Now, choose a size that isn't too large, but not too small, depending on the smudge lines (you don't want to affect the good line-art). Just carefully wipe over the black, and that's all there is to it. Now, if you have shading, that's when things get complicated. Take the color under it, and use than instead of white. However, this might change the look, but hopefully you don't have that problem. If there's a few gaps in the lines that aren't supposed to be there (sometimes a side-effect of the scanning), go ahead and finish the line this same way, but with black.

That should be everything. Sorry I'm not much help, but again, I don't have that program... Though I wish I did XD.

#35 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

Uh, what counts as PG-13?! happy.gif

#36 spazzgirl

spazzgirl

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:I Love narusaku, they're so cute together<br /><br />I love writing stories and making videos<br /><br />unforutantely my bf likes to stalk me because he likes to get an account from a website that i have one <br /><br />I'd say that music is my life, it help express whatever emotions i'm feeling<br /><br />I can't draw for Sh*t (unless i'm really bored)<br /><br />I'm also a friendly person, except when i'm hyper then i'm just plain crazy

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

If I could draw I'd totally draw
but I can't wait till the next NaruSaku contest I hope it's a fic one

#37 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:05 AM

Where can we see the drawings that people make?
Or do they get in on a certain date?

#38 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:14 AM

So far there's a section in the gallery dedicated to the contest, so check that that out. Probably more art will start piling in by the end of the month so check back then.

I don't even know if I'll have time to make an entry, so it's nice having this much time to submit something.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#39 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:56 PM

Deadline is ticking!

Get those entries in, people! biggrin.gif

#40 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

It's now just over a week to go until the deadline! It's a little worrying seeing only one entry in the contest gallery, you know. happy.gif;

If you're working hard on an entry, let us know! That way, we can gauge how many entries there will be and, if necessary, I can extend the contest deadline by a week if people are having a lot of difficulty getting things done on time.

Thanks!

Please don't force me to draw something to make up the numbers. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users