• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:08 AM

So there's something I've been wondering for a while, and I just never got around to researching or asking, so, here goes.

If people can remove and seal tailed beasts without dying (the Sand and Cloud Villages did this), then why did Minato use the reaper death seal to seal the Nine-Tails into Naruto? Kushina taught him lots of sealing jutsus, right? Could he have used a different one? I mean, he was willing to sacrifice himself to be able to seal some of Kushina's chakra into Naruto so she could meet him, but I think it would've been better for Naruto to grow up with at least one parent than none but to be able to see his mom for five minutes.

Anyway, that's my question. Is there a reason for this, or is it just a plot hole? 

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#2 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

That's the reason why Minato worded it this way, "With what little chakra I've left inside of me, I'll seal half of the Nine Tails chakra inside me and the other half in Naruto with the only sealing jutsu I am capable of doing being a non-jinchuuriki. The reaper death seal! Kushina, spare that little chakra you've left inside of you for a reunion with Naruto." Get my point? :D

Edited by narusaku256, 10 July 2014 - 06:26 AM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#3 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

Ooooh, okay. So he could only use the reaper death seal because he wasn't a jinchuriki? But the sand and cloud people weren't jinchuriki either. Was it because he didn't have much chakra left and that was the only move he could do at the time?

SHINACHIKU

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#4 Hiddlestoner

Hiddlestoner

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, procrastinating, Coffee,
    Tom Hiddleston, Beelzebub, Indie Music, Books

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

I think its because nine tails is the strongest demon out there, it requires huge amount of chakra to seal kurama and because he only has little chakra left from his battle with obito, he knows that he's going to die from it. 

The safety of the village was minato's no.1 priority and due to the situation, there's no other way than this move that he can only think up.  I guess  :sweatdrop:

NaruSaku; Sasuhina; SasuKarin; OgaHilda; LokiNatasha; EnishiKaoru; IchiRuki

d21161ff597ca91989fc50b7b64eb588.jpg

#5 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

Also in regards to the Cloud and Sand villages they were using multiple Shinobi combining their chakra to be able to seal the beasts and quite possibly sealing items, and rituals on top of it.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#6 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

Also in regards to the Cloud and Sand villages they were using multiple Shinobi combining their chakra to be able to seal the beasts and quite possibly sealing items, and rituals on top of it.

This...Win-chan can possibly be answer to your question :D

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#7 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

Thank you all!

SHINACHIKU

#8 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

yup

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users