Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:09 PM

Trailer:

Hope it's good.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#2 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

haha, look at the end, another pretentious joke to appeal the feminists... is this ghostbusters?

Anyways, on a more serious note, I have highly mixed feelings about this. I like wonder woman, but I still don't like Gadot portraying her. She just doesn't look the part to me. The uniform with brighter colors looks cool though.

Can I just have a black widow netflix series? That would be great.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

What's this? DC movies being...fun???

#4 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:38 PM

haha, look at the end, another pretentious joke to appeal the feminists... is this ghostbusters?

Anyways, on a more serious note, I have highly mixed feelings about this. I like wonder woman, but I still don't like Gadot portraying her. She just doesn't look the part to me. The uniform with brighter colors looks cool though.

Can I just have a black widow netflix series? That would be great.

I liked her in BvS, but all she did in that movie was be a bad-ass. She wasn't a character in that movie. Let's see her character in this movie.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

I didn't even know she had a love interest..

I think she's out of his league. And of course the actor is one of the chrises. I just hope he isn't out of place in the story, but awesome like Lois or Iris West.

ナルサク

#6 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:59 PM

I'm getting a real Captain America: First Avenger vibe from this, and I like it. I'm hyped for this one. I'm curious to see how Gal Gadot handles the full feature on her own, considering it seems to be her first major starring role.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:16 PM

Btw is this before or after BvS? It looks like a prequel but u never know.

ナルサク

#8 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

Btw is this before or after BvS? It looks like a prequel but u never know.

It's WWI. So yeah it's before.

Edited by Nostradamus, 23 July 2016 - 11:34 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#9 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:49 PM

It's WWI. So yeah it's before.

oh I thought those were flashbacks XD

ナルサク

#10 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:05 AM

I liked her in BvS, but all she did in that movie was be a bad-ass. She wasn't a character in that movie. Let's see her character in this movie.

Acting and fighting wise, she was ok. My issue is that the casting choice irks me. Now if someone like Gina Carano was to take the role... I would be all over this movie.

ef1a0e4129d672d3231af8adf0d9e2f6.jpg

#11 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:19 AM

Acting and fighting wise, she was ok. My issue is that the casting choice irks me. Now if someone like Gina Carano was to take the role... I would be all over this movie.

ef1a0e4129d672d3231af8adf0d9e2f6.jpg

Marvel stole her.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#12 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:24 AM

Marvel stole her.

Well, Fox technically, still, I hoped they would at least choose someone with her body type, rather then a soft faced skinny super model. Ehh, what's done is done, I suppose.

#13 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:49 AM

excited for this too. when that lasso glowed like a freaking lightsaber, and when the music from BvS started i wanted to yell "hell yeah!" its a good day to be a DC fan

#14 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:54 AM

Well, Fox technically, still, I hoped they would at least choose someone with her body type, rather then a soft faced skinny super model. Ehh, what's done is done, I suppose.

It's the pretty face. Always. :P

ナルサク

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:04 AM

I'm hoping that this movie will be GREAT!!! :D But I'm having mixed feelings about it. mostly because of how Dawn of Justice turned out. It's not that I didn't like the movie, it just felt rushed, Like DC is charging in to Justice league to compete with Avengers, even though Marvel took it's time to make the individual movies and set up the premise with care. DC on the other hand tried to cram  ALL their starting lines into a single movie. Then again since Wonder woman will be the focus here that may not happen so again I'm HYPED for this movie. It's mostly that that DC hasn't impressed me all that much with their live action Cinema media. :mellow:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 November 2016 - 04:33 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#16 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:47 AM

I'm hoping that this movie will be GREAT!!! :D But I'm having mixed feelings about it. mostly because of how Dawn of Justice turned out. It's not that I didn't like the movie, it just felt rushed, Like DC is charging in to Justice league to compete with Avengers, even though Marvel took it's time to make the individual movies and set up the premise with care. DC on the other hand tried to cram  AAL their staring lines into a single movie. Then again since Wonder woman will be the focus here that may not happen so again I'm HYPED for this movie. It's mostly that that DC hasn't impressed me all that much with their live action Cinema media. :mellow:  

marvel had 5 films before avengers (one of which was a sequel and quite frankly a mediocre rushed one at that, i feel bad for poor Mickey who got swept under the wrong for all his hard work, plus recasting the hulk which confused me at first.)

DC is only gonna have 4 before JL.

so far its been fine in my opinion. The way I see it, DC is always dead before arrival with some people. damned if you do, damned if you don't. It'll always be "its too dark! Star being light hearted!" or "they're copying marvel! Get your own style!" there's no winning with some people.

Me though, I'm happy with what they've done so far and am happy i'm not the only one who saw something deep with MoS and BvS.

#17 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

looks meh. and i agree with nostradamus, let's see her actually bring out the character, because diana is way more than just some "badass".

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#18 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:01 AM

Looks good. I don't really watch superheroes movies, so I can't really make any comments or comparisons. (Movie-wise the type of movie that I watch was 'Black Swan', etc. So...)

Nonetheless, movies with strong female lead is always welcome.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

marvel had 5 films before avengers (one of which was a sequel and quite frankly a mediocre rushed one at that, i feel bad for poor Mickey who got swept under the wrong for all his hard work, plus recasting the hulk which confused me at first.)

so far its been fine in my opinion. The way I see it, DC is always dead before arrival with some people. damned if you do, damned if you don't. It'll always be "its too dark! Star being light hearted!" or "they're copying marvel! Get your own style!" there's no winning with some people.

Me though, I'm happy with what they've done so far and am happy i'm not the only one who saw something deep with MoS and BvS.

Well, like I said. I enjoyed the movie on the whole. I thought Ben Afleck as Batman was great and Henry Cavill as Super man was awesome too as his performance was much improved from Man of Steel. It's not about any inherent flaws or differences from the comics for me, but that the movie itself was rushing through content that deserved more solo focus as to flesh out the content more. Dawn of Justice was juggling being a Man of Steel sequel, a Batman origin movie(for the DCEU) introducing all core members of the Justice, Doomsday, and also foreshadowing Darkseid all at once. So it wasn't a bad movie for me as much as it was something that was doing too much at the same time, and therefore couldn't measure up to the excitement. Obviously, there will ALWAYS be a doomed if you do, doomed if you don't scenario because that's just how comic book films are. They can't please everyone, especially adamant comic book fans

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 November 2016 - 04:34 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#20 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:40 AM

One thing that I've always thought about when I hear about the number of films is "Guardians of the Galaxy." That movie set up a fun team that people seemed to enjoy and did it in one movie. I won't say that Batman V Superman was perfect, but I don't think that DC needs to make a whole series before its Justice League.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users