331 replies to this topic

#81 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

i kinda feel bad for makorra now. :sweat:

I'm totally fine with the ending, really (though I'm surprised myself; I guess my ships becoming cannon has lost its meaning to me after Naruto came out).

But this rudeness on the MaKorra tags is awful! In addition to this, the ending now sparks even more fights about the topic of lesbians and homosexuality b/w the MaKorra and KorrAsami fans. I never had the impression that MaKorra fans posted stuff that was homophobic, but out of all a sudden some KorrAsami shippers charge in and accuse us of being homophobic. That's the biggest insult, really.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#82 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

I don't think it meant anything, just something to tease the fans. If theres a new season it will most likely show Korra with Mako. But yeah, the first series still remains on top and has the better ending in my opinion.

I think so, too! Maybe Bryke just wanted to spice up the fandom a little bit b/c it's obvious now that the entire KorrAsami moment was made more intimate than it originally was. The ending was still good in my eyes though.

I doubt that there will ever be a new season. I'm hoping for a continuation with the comics, honestly.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#83 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

I'm totally fine with the ending, really (though I'm surprised myself; I guess my ships becoming cannon has lost its meaning to me after Naruto came out).
But this rudeness on the MaKorra tags is awful! In addition to this, the ending now sparks even more fights about the topic of lesbians and homosexuality b/w the MaKorra and KorrAsami fans. I never had the impression that MaKorra fans posted stuff that was homophobic, but out of all a sudden some KorrAsami shippers charge in and accuse us of being homophobic. That's the biggest insult, really.

Actually how do parents feel about this, I mean this is a kids show after all.

Edited by yellowflash, 19 December 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#84 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

That is a bit extreme, and the ending wasn't bad. Like I said before it was pretty unique and different plus I viewed the ending moment between KorrAsami as a sister-sister moment. Though  i can see how the ending can cause a controversy in the fandom. Granted their a few things I would've liked to have seen in the ending. Which obviously didn't get shown, but it was still a fitting end. I'm pretty curious though as to where it's going to go from here assuming the series will take a comic book approach like the previous series did. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#85 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

Actually how do the parents feel about this, I mean this is a kids show after all.

I don't know... I just know that a lot of adults watch it, too. To me there was nothing romantic in the end, but that's just me.

Ever since the earth queen got killed in season 3 through suffocation and P'Li's head got blown up in an armor of metal, I started to ask myself the question how kids-friendly this show is really.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#86 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:06 PM

I don't know... I just know that a lot of adults watch it, too. To me there was nothing romantic in the end, but that's just me.

Ever since the earth queen got killed in season 3 through suffocation and P'Li's head got blown up in an armor of metal, I started to ask myself the question how kids-friendly this show is really.

I like to think that there was nothing romantic about it too but it was little strange, something that could suggest a paring. To be honest, I have never really ship anything besides NS and I really don't get into this stuff but, that was a strange ending scene for me. I'm surprise creators pay this much attention to the fan's wishes when it comes to romance, especially when its not even the main focus.

Edited by yellowflash, 19 December 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#87 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

I like to think that there was nothing romantic about it too but it was little strange, something that could suggest a paring. To be honest, I have never really ship anything besides NS and I really do get into this stuff but, that was a strange ending scene for me. I'm surprise creators pay this much attention to the fan's wishes when it comes to romance, especially when its not even the main focus.

It was a very special moment that everyone will interpretate differently... No one can deny that nothing suggested this to happen- which probably has to do with the fact that Bryke most likely changed it in the last minute.

I do wonder what motivated them to animate a scene that appeals to a large base of the fandom though (the KorrAsami fandom has grown a lot since season 3)... I hope some comics in the future will show what Korra and Asami are doing in the Spirit World.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#88 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

*sigh* My ship sunk once again. I was half hoping they would use the original ending of Korra and have Asami run off with Iroh to the fire nation. Don't get me wrong, Korrasami is infinitely better then either of them ending with Mako, but still....

Do you mean the books?

I don't really agree with you guys, I absolutely hated the ending. Just like with Naruto, the end pairing left a bad taste in my mouth. It's like that all over again, the practically least developed pairing won when the one that was heavily hinted since Book 1 ep 2 sunk and was left completely unresolved? Cannot believe it. Bryke seemed to have done it just to cater to the Korrasami shippers because even one of the people involved said that they changed the ending and he was very surprised to see that. I mean, they must have changed their minds because why else did they hint at Makorra even in interviews and defended it from angry fans. I just refuse to believe they are the biggest trolls on the face of the planet. And I thought they were better than Kishi,,,

While I agree that it is a huge thing for the LGBT community to have a cartoon end like this because it's almost unheard of, it should have been done very differently and developed more. My gay friends are actually pretty mad at the ending, they call it a wishy washy representation with absolutely no depth. Funny thing is, my have headcanon ever was that Korra really was bisexual and I actually would've liked if we were shown her being attracted to girls or anyone else besides Mako for that matter, but we never even saw that except for those last few seconds. Sorry if I sound mad or if I offended any of the shippers, but I just feel betrayed yet again.

As for the rest of the finale, it was meh. The whole Book is just not as good as the other ones were, and even though the finale had good aspects, it just didn't make up for the slow-paced Book. They thing I dislike the most is what Korra actually became. I loooved that headstrong and bashful girl and they mellowed her out so much that she's almost unrecognizable. I get you have to have some development, but they changed her too much in my opinion. Even Aang didn't have to sacrifice so much of his personality.

Meh. I didn't actually ship anything...but I kinda liked Makorra first. The other day I saw a post with Korra blushing at Assami talking about her hair and that in Aavatar, the blushes were always romantic or some thing like that, and then I saw a post that it said that Mako said "No since I broke up with Korra" when he was asked if he was dating someone. And the shippers freaking out. I'm going to catch up because I didn't watch Korra since episode 3.

Anyway, when I saw those posts I was like..."hehe, Korrasami may be cute but I really doubt it would be canon, because.....................gays", then at the Makorra post I said "ohh, probably the resolution is about to happen".

And now I saw this??? I'm happy. I'm from LGTBA+ community, so I was really shocked, because we don't have this kind of representation on the media. 

You say that this is the less developed ship, but, to be honest, I even believe its more developed than Makorra (in platonic terms) which makes the ship have a good base. They have this friendship that blossomed despite of having dated the same person and not be uncomfortable about it. I've seen more about Korra and Assami frienship than anything between Korra and Mako, except Mako talking about Korra. She never show any kind of romantic feeling for him after it, so...I was thinking in how the dudes were going to make credible that she always loved him until the end. 

Even then, I believed Makorra was going to be canon, but when I think of it, it would have let me a bad taste in my mouth, because their lack of...............anything since they broke up. I mean, either way I feel Korra in general is rushed as hell, and the endings with a new villain every season is horrible...even more because it doesn't have enough episodes to develop the story properly.

So, yeah, either way, Korrasami is better than a Makorra ending :/ But now that I'm reading all this it seems that it was just "up to interpretation"??? That's awful. As always, no one wants to say the "B" word out loud...

Actually how do parents feel about this, I mean this is a kids show after all.

That's kittening homophobic. If they can kittening see straight couples all the time, why they can't see h o m o couples????? 

Lok was banned from Nickelodeon anyway because of its content, but this won't be a kittening reason.

EDIT: I had to write h o m o like this because "kitten" is censored as if it were a "bad word" ._.

Edited by theunburnt, 19 December 2014 - 08:20 PM.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#89 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:23 PM

Just watched the ending, and it was great. It left the right things open and gave closure to the right things.

Also I'm a pretty hardcore Korrasami shipper, so yey me. : D I hoped they'd be canon, but I had my doubts because of homophobia, and I guess the Naruto ending gave me an impact as well. But I love these two bis. They kinda remind me of those supercool bis/pans in the early 19th century, like Josephine Baker, Frida Kahlo, At first it was an ironic crackship, but after season 3 I began thinking their relationship is wonderful. I also think the ending was romantic.

And I don't think it's right for anyone to accuse Makorra shippers for being homophobic just for their ship! Korrasami shippers can be that too, frankly anyone. If you're wondering if you are homophobic tho, just replace Asami with Mako in the end and ask yourself how romantic that'd be. The people saying their moment was sisterly remind me of the NH shippers who constantly said that about NS. It's often like this, the characters can literally bang on screen and people would still dodge even the thought of them being more than friends. Many, probably including me sometimes, find it hard to admit they see diversity as a threat. I don't think we need anything more than handholding, blushing, especially since a kiss would probably not be allowed by Nick. Remember we live in bigoted society where queerness on a "kidshow" is worse than people being blown up, smashed to pancakes, and suffocated !on screen!. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

But we did get to see who was the one person by Korra's side in the end.  :smug: Asami is her nr1 support and important person, just like Katara was to Aang. That's canon enough for me.

Edited by sushi., 19 December 2014 - 08:24 PM.

ナルサク

#90 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

Just watched the ending, and it was great. It left the right things open and gave closure to the right things.

Also I'm a pretty hardcore Korrasami shipper, so yey me. : D I hoped they'd be canon, but I had my doubts because of homophobia, and I guess the Naruto ending gave me an impact as well. But I love these two bis. They kinda remind me of those supercool bis/pans in the early 19th century, like Josephine Baker, Frida Kahlo, At first it was an ironic crackship, but after season 3 I began thinking their relationship is wonderful. I also think the ending was romantic.

And I don't think it's right for anyone to accuse Makorra shippers for being homophobic just for their ship! Korrasami shippers can be that too, frankly anyone. If you're wondering if you are homophobic tho, just replace Asami with Mako in the end and ask yourself how romantic that'd be. The people saying their moment was sisterly remind me of the NH shippers who constantly said that about NS. It's often like this, the characters can literally bang on screen and people would still dodge even the thought of them being more than friends. Many, probably including me sometimes, find it hard to admit they see diversity as a threat. I don't think we need anything more than handholding, blushing, especially since a kiss would probably not be allowed by Nick. Remember we live in bigoted society where queerness on a "kidshow" is worse than people being blown up, smashed to pancakes, and suffocated !on screen!. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

But we did get to see who was the one person by Korra's side in the end.  :smug: Asami is her nr1 support and important person, just like Katara was to Aang. That's canon enough for me.

!!!!

Edited by theunburnt, 19 December 2014 - 08:32 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#91 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

All this discussion about homosexuality and lesbians reminds me of Revolutionary Girl Utena... Has anyone seen it?

Utena

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#92 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

I am not a fan of pandering.

Korrasami = NaruHina

It happened because it was popular, not because it was supported by the story. kitten that pairing. And kitten Makorra too. Why did Korra have to end up with anyone to begin with? She hadn't had the time or energy to even considering thinking about it for the past two books. Now that she got her life in order, in times of rebuilding, instead of remaining and overseeing the reconstruction, she goes off on a vacation with her friend?

Korrasami is as tacked on as their friendship. Seriously, what did the Krew even offer Asami? Why did she stick around for so long? Let's not forget Korra stole her boyfriend, Mako, who cheated on her, more than once if you consider the whole amnesia debacle in book 2 as cheating, when they wanted to get back together but Korra forgot she and Mako had broken up.

The finale in general was pretty flat. Eventful, action packed even, and yet so utterly drab and boring. Kuvira cemented herself as the worst villain, bar none, and her pitiful excuse of a backstory is laughably bad. There was truly no end goal in sight of her wanton destruction. It was so over the top cartoony that nothing managed to give me any sense of suspense whatsoever. I just knew they'd all make it - well, all of them except for Asami's father, who carried a death flag the size of Texas the moment he showed up, especially when Varrick and Zhu Li bugged out of the Hummingbirds.

Honestly, mechs and romance have ruined Legend of Korra. It was never particularly good, but these two things in particular made it far, far worse.

Edited by SuperChief, 20 December 2014 - 01:47 AM.

#93 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

I am not a fan of pandering.

Korrasami = NaruHina

It happened because it was popular, not because it was supported by the story. kitten that pairing. And kitten Makorra too. Why did Korra have to end up with anyone to begin with? She hadn't had the time or energy to even considering thinking about it for the past two books. Now that she got her life in order, in times of rebuilding, instead of remaining and overseeing the reconstruction, she goes off on a vacation with her friend?

Korrasami is as tacked on as their friendship. Seriously, what did the Krew even offer Asami? Why did she stick around for so long? Let's not forget Korra stole her boyfriend, Mako, who cheated on her, more than once if you consider the whole amnesia debacle in book 2 as cheating, when they wanted to get back together but Korra forgot she and Mako had broken up.

The finale in general was pretty flat. Eventful, action packed even, and yet so utterly drab and boring. Kuvira cemented herself as the worst villain, bar none, and her pitiful excuse of a backstory is laughably bad. There was truly end goal in sight of her wanton destruction. It was so over the top cartoony that nothing managed to give me any sense of suspense whatsoever. I just knew they'd all make it - well, all of them except for Asami's father, who carried a death flag the size of Texas the moment he showed up, especially when Varrick and Zhu Li bugged out of the Hummingbirds.

Honestly, mechs and romance have ruined Legend of Korra. It was never particularly good, but these two things in particular made it far, far worse.

I agree on everything except that "Korrasami = Naruhina". Was Korrasami even popular? Dude, if something was popular was Makorra because they are a straight couple. LGBTA+ community is minority by definition. What happened is that Avatar has always been inclusive, and this was just the cherry at the top.

If Korra ended up alone it would have been great too.

Edited by theunburnt, 19 December 2014 - 08:44 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#94 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

I agree on everything except that "Korrasami = Naruhina". Was Korrasami even popular? Dude, if something was popular was Makorra because they are a straight couple. LGBTA+ community is minority by definition. What happened is that Avatar has always been inclusive, and this was just the cherry at the top.

afaik Korrasami has always been hugely popular.

Makorra would've been a tough pill to swallow, but at least those two had history and their romance was supported by the story. Korrasami was not. It was popular, and that's all there is to it. 

#95 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Besides the people who ship Korra and Asami in a romantic way, I honestly got the impression that Korrasami was generally more liked my Korra fans than Makorra fans. And by liked I just simply mean in terms of preferences, not in a romantic sense. Many people hate Mako for what he has done to both Korra and Asami in season 1 and 2. I personally believe that the producers should never have included that damn love triangle in the first place; they should have just done MaKorra all the way, then we wouldn't have this hatred towards Mako. But whenever Asami and Korra are together, you can't help but think how supportive and wonderful they are to each other.

Season 1 and 2 ended with Makorra, but Season 3 and 4 ended with Korrasami, so you see, Korrasami really became popular during season 3.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#96 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Makorra would've been a tough pill to swallow, but at least those two had history and their romance was supported by the story. Korrasami was not. It was popular, and that's all there is to it. 

Korrasami was popular but not enough to make their voices heard, as always. Makorra is way more popular on everywhere than Korrasami. Either way, that's your only point to compare it with Naruhina, because they have nothing in common.

Oh, please, that's bullsh**. Korra hasn't thought romantically or anything that indicates she miss him since they broke up. Instead of it, Korra and Assami 's frienship has been developed since then :/ That's probably what they gave us because "h o m o couple", lol.

Besides the people who ship Korra and Asami in a romantic way, I honestly got the impression that Korrasami was generally more liked my Korra fans than Makorra fans. And by liked I just simply mean in terms of preferences, not in a romantic sense. Many people hate Mako for what he has done to both Korra and Asami in season 1 and 2. I personally believe that the producers should never have included that damn love triangle in the first place; they should have just done MaKorra all the way, then we wouldn't have this hatred towards Mako. But whenever Asami and Korra are together, you can't help but think how supportive and wonderful they are to each other.

Season 1 and 2 ended with Makorra, but Season 3 and 4 ended with Korrasami, so you see, Korrasami really became popular during season 3.

And...............that's nothing. You already said it, they never thought it was romantic, they supported them as a friends, and that popularity doesn't become an enough reason for the producers to be the end pairing.

Why that? Why not the love triangle? It was well done and its realistic.

Edited by theunburnt, 19 December 2014 - 08:55 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#97 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:56 PM

I actually thought Mako and Korra was the obvious pairing like Aang and Katara. Even when I was a kid I could still tell Aang and Katara was going to be endgame. I think the ending of LoK shows how accpting the world has become.

Edited by yellowflash, 19 December 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#98 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

I think Kuvira was a great villain actually. In the finale I kind of rooted for her. I got upset everytime she struggled, and of course the other way with Team Avatar too. When you don't know what side you're on, you sit in your chair sweating your pants no matter who wins. Bryke managed to give that effect with Zaheer too at times, but they kind of lost it when they flattened out their motive by making it more evil than it should've been.

I also agree that Asami's character got pooped on constantly until they at least toned it down in book 3. But I'm thinking, because they work on each season seperately, I wanted to give Bryke a new chance every year. And after the disaster that is book 2, I'm glad I was open for book 3! I'm glad they turned the love triangle into something positive, like how they teamed up against the boy who broke both their hearts.

tumblr_static_6n3g4iqz5poo04osogo8kkwsk.

See? That's girlpower for ya! :fan:

Now, I can see why people are wondering why Asami didn't leave the crew, but remember she literally had no one else. She was lonely and dependent on the only people she had, I'm sure she thought they were better than nothing. :sad: I wish that had been explored more, but mistakes can't be rewritten.

ナルサク

#99 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

And...............that's nothing. You already said it, they never thought it was romantic, they supported them as a friends, and that popularity doesn't become an enough reason for the producers to be the end pairing.

Why that? Why not the love triangle? It was well done and its realistic.

To many people this platonic interaction is enough to ship KorrAsami over MaKorra. Who the heck knows what motivated Bryke to do this? This KorrAsami moment wasn't originally this intimate...

I hated the love triangle, I really did, and I don't think it was realistic at all. I like Mako's and Korra's interaction, but the way the producers decided to kitten on Mako and Asami-especially her- made me angry. It feels so unresolved to see how Mako and Asami broke up. Normally, you don't forgive a person who cheated on you that easily. Season 2 was even worse when Korra lost her memories and kissed Mako out of all a sudden. Do you see Mako and Asami talking about this moment afterwards and finally settling things? Nope. Everything would have been better if the love triangle was left out, but I guess the producers had to rush the romance b/c it was originally intended to be only 13 episodes. Still, they should not have continued the love triangle in season 2. For many, including me, this was one of the biggest flaws in season 2.

At least, this love triangle fiasco allowed Korra and Asami to bond even closer in season 3 :D

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#100 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

The thing is there's no real retcon on the love aspect because you already saw the conclusion in season 2. If you hoped for a rebound, well, I guess you can't. Again, the ending is up to you to think it's romance or strong bonds. I have noticed that true love has been shown to be different or more like in-depth. I feel like NS was the one to show time has changed and more realistic. When that failed, it failed me to see a in-depth look. Instead, they went cliche and basic, no depth, just bland.

Of course, I have to see the last two seasons, but I haven been spoiled for a bit and I do recall these two girls got good amount of developments in season 3, so I have nothing to go against. Again, season 2 was your conclusion, so you got to let it go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users