Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 31 2012, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is not just another Naruto fan forum. For one thing, when I came here 7 years ago, following a link by a NaruSaku fanfic author, I thought it to be an awesome and respective website. Back then, I was very new to the Internet, and when I branched into other Naruto sites, I found a lot of members to be very abrasive and insulting towards NaruSaku fans and each other. However, this is not the case for Heaven and Earth.

Mods and Admins (well, Smiter was the only Admin back then, I think), have ALWAYS encouraged fairness and respect towards other pairing fans that have come here to debate or just hang out. There are NH/SS fans that are friendly towards NS fans and vice versa. Putting a deliberate 'ignore' button means disrespecting their opinion, no matter how reasonable or unreasonable it is, and that means we're stooping so low.

I miss those days, everyone was pretty calm towards each other, no one lashed out too much. Well, there were a few things, but I don't remember them being the result of the shipping wars.

Greed is right, ignore them and scroll down. Like me, I skim through most posts and I don't feel like they're hard to ignore. Besides, this isn't JUST a NaruSaku fanclub, we discuss about games, movies, books, and other things not even related to Naruto fandom. This has become a place where people can gather and talk about things they like, especially because most don't try to persecute people for having conflicting beliefs.

Quoted for Complete and Utter Truth.

H&E is the only forum that I feel comfortable visiting because the people here are so great, respectful, and because the admins/mods are fair and would never discriminate against fans of different pairings. That's the reason I continue to visit this site over the years even if I don't post often.

Sometimes people just need to learn to either take criticism, learn to ignore comments which will set them off, or know when to pick their fights. I admit, there are a lot of arrogant and childish people on the web who would love nothing more than to bash others just for the pure entertainment of it (because they're jerks too) or to gloat because they're right and love to rub it into people's faces (human nature?). What people must learn to do is to step up above that childishness and learn to IGNORE trolls and bashers so that we don't get worked up and stoop to their level.

Having an Ignore button is not necessary on this site if one learns how to ignore without the use of a button! If you see something in the first few lines or words that offend you, scroll past! Don't continue reading and get worked up over it. It's just a recipe for disaster. Just respect others as you expect to be respected, even if other pigheaded people on the web don't grasp that concept. It makes you the bigger person and most of all, a better person and not just another bully. Also, pay attention to word choice! Sometimes people may sound condescending or bordering past criticism (if they meant to be) to bashing unintentionally.

So please, guys, help uphold our standard of being a nice and welcoming place to all pairings, no matter if we disagree with them or not and make this a place that people would feel comfortable in and would want to visit over and over again like many of our old members.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#62 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

I am ashamed of several of you guys acting like a bunch of chickens, running without their heads intact. I signed up here because I thought this was so post to be a friendly zone. Now I see several people are bashing Hinata and wants her to die. And not only that, insult other members with the SS logic. What the heck is up with that?

I know i disprove where kishi is taking Hinata's character, but this does not give us any reason to act like immature brats. Come people, lets not be like them. We're more civilized than that.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#63 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

It seems some members don't have a sense of humor...

#64 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Konoha'sCrimsonFox @ Jan 1 2013, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am ashamed of several of you guys acting like a bunch of chickens, running without their heads intact. I signed up here because I thought this was so post to be a friendly zone. Now I see several people are bashing Hinata and wants her to die. And not only that, insult other members with the SS logic. What the heck is up with that?

I know i disprove where kishi is taking Hinata's character, but this does not give us any reason to act like immature brats. Come people, lets not be like them. We're more civilized than that.

Don't confuse the acts of few as the acts of many.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#65 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 1 2013, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

look at this and see for yourself

http://www.narusaku....s...st&p=425999
SK-303_image007.jpg

#66 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

All I saw was Poison making a joke and was then picked apart like a dead Wildebeest found by a cackle of Hyenas.

And it was still the act of the few, the debates about 615 isn't really the 'big' thing anymore. It's pretty much calmed down now, aside from a few people.

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Oh god, I miss using Cookie Monster.

#67 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 1 2013, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at all.

Just read some of the posts by Halfstar and Poison tongue.gif

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#68 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Konoha'sCrimsonFox @ Jan 1 2013, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not at all.

And you don't think what you just said is an insult to those members at all? You should remove the names.

ナルサク

#69 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Konoha'sCrimsonFox @ Jan 1 2013, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not at all.

You know, you just insulted us. You might want to stop looking like a hypocrite. wink.gif

Edited by HalfStarStudios, 01 January 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#70 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Konoha'sCrimsonFox @ Jan 1 2013, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not at all.

I am so glad two people represent the entire website of 7,000 people. What was I thinking?

Erm, no offense Halfstar, poison.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 01 January 2013 - 10:51 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#71 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 1 2013, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am so glad two people represent the entire website of 7,000 people. What was I thinking?

Erm, no offense Halfstar, poison.

None taken. xD

I find it amusing that this person is getting mad because I made a joke about SS. Seems someone lacks a sense of humor.

#72 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I guess there's a reason for these forums to be heating up, after all, the pairing war is coming to a head.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#73 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

I'm defending the crap out of Hinata right now. I want my praise and cookies.

#74 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Jan 2 2013, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm defending the crap out of Hinata right now. I want my praise and cookies.

The stars are fire.

#75 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

I really like your opening post Smiter!

I know some members are not completely understanding why we don't want to tolerate pairing bashing and I get it. The site url is narusaku.com. If that's not a big sign for, "This site has a lot of pro-narusaku content!" I don't know what is. However, I do not think that we have to be mean about it. Some people will want to debate us and that's ok. Everyone's ships are based on how we choose to interpret happenings in the manga. I think that Naruto is more satisfying to read when I shed NaruSaku views onto the series. Other people find a satisfying story in other ships and that's ok, too.

I originally was SasuSaku shipper because I thought it would be really cool if Sasuke helped Sakura to grow up and in turn Sakura would help him come out of his darkness. This was not to be. I found myself unable to support a ship where I felt that one member was completely and utterly ignored by the other. That's when I found this site and everyone was really helpful! I read through the NaruSaku manifesto and found a whole new perspective on the series. It was really amazing and I enjoyed every part of that experience.

I'm not saying that the goal of this site is to convert everyone to NaruSaku, rather it should be to inform people about how good the story can be if you interpret the manga as going in that direction. SasuSaku shippers, NaruHina shippers, etc each have their own wonderful resources explaining how they interpret the manga for their own pairings and I find them interesting to read. It sheds light on why others like those pairings. After all, most of our preferences for pairings are based on what kind of 'ideal' couple we imagine that pairing to be. There are many different ideas about who characters are and what they can be and in turn many different ideas about what pairings would be like should they come to fruition.

Understanding one another is key to enjoying the story. If we are caught up in calling other pairings and their supporters stupid, all we are doing is taking away the fun of reading/watching. I view that as an unfortunate waste of time. This is supposed to be a form of entertainment.

Also, I really enjoy conversations with shippers who like different pairings because it allows me to explain and dig up what it is exactly that make me want to defend that pairing in the first place. You will never be able to convince everyone to agree with you, but the benefits of having an opposing view to drive your enthusiasm are worthwhile in and of themselves.

As far as this week's chapter is concerned, it's your own choice whether or not you continue to like NaruSaku. Some like to ship pairings only if they're clearly canon and that's fine. There are all sorts of shippers on this site and in the world in general. Liking a noncanon ship is a bit lonelier because you get less source material, so I understand those who bow out. Insulting other members' 'loyalty' to NaruSaku is not productive. No one is required to unconditionally like a fictional couple. If it is no longer enjoyable to ship, you should stop. There's no reason to continue with something meant to entertain that doesn't entertain you anymore. That is not a call to leave the community though. The friendships and bonds that members can forge are incredibly important and I would never want to lose any of the friends that I've made through this site just because one of us may have stopped shipping something.

This is probably a rambling wall of text, but I hope that I've explained my views about the site a bit. I don't want H&E to turn into a hateful place like some DeviantArt fanclubs/anti-fanclubs, Narutofan pairing clubs, etc. When I frequented those places, I felt degraded, angry, and I wasn't having fun. I want H&E to be different and so far it hasn't disappointed me.

That doesn't mean that everyone in the world is thinking this and I know we get our fair share of trolls. If you ever see something that is against the rules, report it and do not incite an argument. Even if you think you are only defending, once you retaliate, it can become nasty and your good intentions could land you with a warning. We are trying to avoid drama that plagues many other sites.

Thank you everyone for reading the announcement! If everyone works together on this, I'm sure we can pick ourselves back up and be a welcoming, intelligent, AND passionate forum. smile.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#76 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'm actually supporting Smiter's post and I respect your rambling Saku-chan happy.gif

I admit that I don't participate as regularly as before but that doesn't mean I don't visit. Yes I create an account here because yeah, I'm a NaruSaku fan but mostly because I really liked the environment here, people were friendly and very enjoyable atmosphere ( Ok, there were some disagreements but even if we ship the same doesn't mean that we have the same point of view but that's ok and that why it's interesting, to see others point of view).

I originally was a NaruHina fan, I liked Hinata's family background and I must admit that I found it cute her puppy love crush over Naruto and giving proper development I would have probably continue to love it. I must admit that chapter 615 gave a good push to NH but there are still lacking what NS has, mutual development. Sure NS has many development that can still be seen as just friendship, some more are ambiguous but at least there I development, no matter how we see it. I no longer support NH because to me Hinata didn't progress to her fangirl mode over Naruto and to me that's sad, I like my characters to develop, for the good are for the bad but at least having more background.

When I first read the chapter, I was actually happy to see Hinata growing, seeing her slaping Naruto, her role model and giving the same talk no jutsu that Naruto usually give to people was a big WOW for me. Before that chapter, everytime that I saw Hinata, I wasn't interested at all because it was only 'Naruto-kun' this and 'Naruto-kun' that and even with this chapter, it's still that but at least she stand up and actually helped Naruto. When I saw Hinata's hand on Naruto's cheek still there after the slap, I was really really happy, it was a beautiful moment and even as an hardcore NaruSaku fan, I couldn't help but actually love that part.

I don't agree about about all that happen in this chapter ( I'm sad to see Naruto giving up that easily just so to give a good Hinata development) but I won't stop believing in this story just because I don't have what I want for now, I'm just patient and I try seeing the big picture, not trying to see little bit here and there and that's also include the NaruSaku part.

Even if we don't agree, it's no reason to bash characters, pairing and worst the people/members. We are a community, I love it very much and I'm proud to be a member of that community, it's more then just NaruSaku part, it's about the environment. If people doesn't agree with what I said that's find, I respect the opinion and it's ok to have doubt. I myself didn't lose faith in NaruSaku over that one chapter but that's my view.

For now all I want to say to everyone, let us enjoy the manga as it is, it's not perfect but it's not finish, let give it a chance and see what will happen but most of all, everyone, respect the other members and other point of view so that our community can be more enjoyable to everyone happy.gif

#77 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

I agree with you Serenity.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#78 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

I have to admit I don't care much about the whole discussion going on here. I think the problem here is that because this forum try so hard to be peaceful towards everything, people ultimatelly become too strict. We can't joke, we can't get angry, we can't rant about our boiling feelings of the situation, but by no means I'm saying I aprove of flaming and mindless bashing, all I'm saying is... try to be more light hearted about the situation. Perhaps if we stop taking everything so seriously, people wouldn't fight as much? If anything, Kishimoto alone is the only one to blame on all of this for shoehorning such an unconvincing event in the series that came out of nowhere.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#79 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

@ Saku - I agree with your post 100% happy.gif

QUOTE (alexander @ Jan 2 2013, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to admit I don't care much about the whole discussion going on here. I think the problem here is that because this forum try so hard to be peaceful towards everything, people ultimatelly become too strict. We can't joke, we can't get angry, we can't rant about our boiling feelings of the situation, but by no means I'm saying I aprove of flaming and mindless bashing, all I'm saying is... try to be more light hearted about the situation. Perhaps if we stop taking everything so seriously, people wouldn't fight as much? If anything, Kishimoto alone is the only one to blame on all of this for shoehorning such an unconvincing event in the series that came out of nowhere.

Unfortunately, too many times in our past and even most recent present, people have proven time and time and time again that they can't handle playing nice. Recent thread closures because of exploding drama come to mind? Yes, it does. The fact of the matter is Heaven and Earth isn't going to change how it operates. Dislike it, don't care for it, want a looser more antagonistic environment that cultivates more bashing and drama...it isn't going to happen. So, really people need to just accept the way we do things here and move again. Being pissed/angry/unhappy that we are zomg nice on this forum really isn't going make a bit of difference in how we roll here. I've been sitting here watching certain members biatch and moan about how an internet forum actually tries to be friendly and welcoming to other people, and I almost had to laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of it all.

Almost.

It really comes down to one thing here, people. Put up or move on. Really. It's just that simple. I'm not even going to try to sugarcoat this, because the amount of antagonism I see towards us actually trying to be a good, friendly forum is as I said utterly ridiculous. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head here to remain if you don't like how things are run. Heaven and Earth isn't going to change its policies, and become a less welcoming-to-all-fans website. So, seriously people either accept and move on with the site, or don't accept and not move on with us. Either way the constant whining people are doing about us being 'too nice' really needs to stop. It has become beyond ridiculous.

#80 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

May I ask a question? I've been here for a couple of months and I've seen constant Hinata/NaruHina bashing. Sigs stating that anyone that believes in NaruHina only believes in fanfiction and that NaruHina isn't logic while NaruSaku is. Even if it may be true, isn't it still bashing? Why has that been allowed for so long? I came here because I believed that NaruSaku fans were really the best out of the pairing fans. Logical and less biased but to be honest, most of the members here remind me of hardcore NH fans. Over exaggerating events that deal with Hinata in order to bash her. And when you defend her, people get sassy about it. Or if you say something negative about Sakura or don't fangirl her, you get called a Sakura hater. Or if you don't fully believe NS will become canon and think that another pairing has a chance, you're called "Not a true NS fan".

It's really pathetic and it makes me just want to insult everyone because I just see them as a joke. My problem is that this has been going on for awhile yet you say that this is supposed to be a "nice" place but all it really seems like a place for hardcore NS fans to insult anyone who don't agree with them and their pairing preference. I can understand it being a joke but the sad thing is that the people here are serious. I know I've bashed the pairing from time to time but it's usually in retaliation or I'm just joking.

Edited by HalfStarStudios, 02 January 2013 - 04:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users