Close
Photo

How many more chapters do you expect?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How many chapters are still to come? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

How many more chapters do you think there are gonna be till the end of the series?

1. less than 50 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 50+ (10 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. 60+ (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. 70+ (4 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

5. 80+ (5 votes [10.00%])

6. 90+ (5 votes [10.00%])

7. 100+ (21 votes [42.00%])

Percentage of vote: 42.00%

Vote

#21 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ Jun 11 2011, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What hints about someone of the Konoha 11 doing a young marriage and family???? o.o

Chouji's conversation with his father being the most overt, (Chouji outright says something along the lines of: Not everyone starts a family young, meaning he's ruled out for being first, but if his pretty likely partner is Ino, and Sakura and Naruto get together soon, count on them being second, remember Asuma's final words to Ino about not losing in love in competition with Sakura, it wasn't about chasing the same guy, but getting together with the guy she actually loves, and you know Asuma knew it was Chouji and knew that Chouji loved Ino but felt too intimidated to make that first move ....

I'm betting they'll be the only young couples, Kishimoto made it pretty clear Shikamaru and Temari will wait, and the other couples just haven't been developed enough to make them anywhere even hinting toward certain. He's kind of playing around with Hinata, hinting a bit with Kiba, then a bit with Neiji, I'm guessing KibaxHinata and NeijixTenten at the end though. Also GaaraxMatsuri (fairly certain but left as very minimally developed because Matsuri is only a very minor character) but again that likely won't show up until the typical epilogue timeskip chapter.

There are subtle hints even as far back Chiyo's final conversation with Sakura where Chiyo emphasizes to Sakura how much like her she is. It's dominantly about Sakura's personality, but Chiyo says enough to show it's also about her choices, including romantic ones... That context comes out more as Kishimoto builds in other romantic parallels for Sakura and Naruto. Kishimoto does this a lot, you see a scene have an obvious context when it happens, but later you see there are more subtle ones that connect to later scenes....

Chiyo is one of the two known kunoichi that had her first child at or before she turned 18. The other is Tsume, Kiba and Hana's mother, she gave birth to Hana 4 months before she turned 18, meaning she got pregnant just before she turned 17. Chiyo died at 73, her grandson Sasori was 35, the picture of her son and his wife with infant Sasori are of a couple in their early 20's.... so the math works out at the oldest Chiyo was 18, but she could have been as young as 16 when she became a mother. (Sakura has just recently turned 17...)

Edited by ciardha, 11 June 2011 - 05:48 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#22 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Yuna @ Jun 10 2011, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kubo still has to resolve a lot of things + let's not forget about his love for flashbacks from the past, so I think we're still to see 80+ or so chapters.

What does Kubo have to do with this? Sounds like a Freudian slip, LOL. I'm a Bleach fan too.

But I think the story still has a ways to go. I know that 2011 OVA isn't canon, but it seems to imply that Naruto and Sasuke's final battle won't resolve the Sasuke redemption issue. I'm guessing that the final Naruto/Sasuke fight will take place sometime this year. The OVA came out around the beginning of the year, so it would kind of fit. But then we'll either have to wait for a final final Naruto/Sasuke fight, or a Naruto+Sasuke vs. Madara fight sometime next year.
If that OVA is to be taken seriously though, then I think the pairing dispute will be more or less resolved after the next Naruto/Sasuke fight. I feel that's what's sort of being implied anyway. wink.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#23 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

Shikamaru and Temari will wait

Might happen, but I'm getting a feeling it could be earlier than we all thought. If anything, they could go for engagement first and wait out the wedding. I think it could be possible that after her dad is sealed, I think at the end of the war Naruto will figure out how to undo ET through Fuuinjutsu. It's likely that he'll override the talismans, leaving him in control of the ET. He'll then leave some of the ET alive for a while which will give them a bit of time for omiai between the two of them. I think her father would want to do this, and insist on it. (Betting Kankurou's going to be the one to spill the beans about them) He'll probably do it to make up for the times he hasn't been much of a father for her daughter. Saying something along the lines of: "this is the least I should do as a father"

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#24 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

I agree with the majority of other votes. I'd go for 100, at least. Somewhere near or over 650 is where it will end.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Yeah I think Kishi can wrap up his manga in a hundred chapters.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jun 11 2011, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What does Kubo have to do with this? Sounds like a Freudian slip, LOL. I'm a Bleach fan too.

But I think the story still has a ways to go. I know that 2011 OVA isn't canon, but it seems to imply that Naruto and Sasuke's final battle won't resolve the Sasuke redemption issue. I'm guessing that the final Naruto/Sasuke fight will take place sometime this year. The OVA came out around the beginning of the year, so it would kind of fit. But then we'll either have to wait for a final final Naruto/Sasuke fight, or a Naruto+Sasuke vs. Madara fight sometime next year.
If that OVA is to be taken seriously though, then I think the pairing dispute will be more or less resolved after the next Naruto/Sasuke fight. I feel that's what's sort of being implied anyway. wink.gif

I agree completely! That's exactly how I think.
And we saw who was in the arms of a desperate Sakura. wink.gif

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog
My Twitter: @themanara

#27 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 11 2011, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chouji's conversation with his father being the most overt, (Chouji outright says something along the lines of: Not everyone starts a family young, meaning he's ruled out for being first, but if his pretty likely partner is Ino, and Sakura and Naruto get together soon, count on them being second, remember Asuma's final words to Ino about not losing in love in competition with Sakura, it wasn't about chasing the same guy, but getting together with the guy she actually loves, and you know Asuma knew it was Chouji and knew that Chouji loved Ino but felt too intimidated to make that first move ....

I'm betting they'll be the only young couples, Kishimoto made it pretty clear Shikamaru and Temari will wait, and the other couples just haven't been developed enough to make them anywhere even hinting toward certain. He's kind of playing around with Hinata, hinting a bit with Kiba, then a bit with Neiji, I'm guessing KibaxHinata and NeijixTenten at the end though. Also GaaraxMatsuri (fairly certain but left as very minimally developed because Matsuri is only a very minor character) but again that likely won't show up until the typical epilogue timeskip chapter.

There are subtle hints even as far back Chiyo's final conversation with Sakura where Chiyo emphasizes to Sakura how much like her she is. It's dominantly about Sakura's personality, but Chiyo says enough to show it's also about her choices, including romantic ones... That context comes out more as Kishimoto builds in other romantic parallels for Sakura and Naruto. Kishimoto does this a lot, you see a scene have an obvious context when it happens, but later you see there are more subtle ones that connect to later scenes....

Chiyo is one of the two known kunoichi that had her first child at or before she turned 18. The other is Tsume, Kiba and Hana's mother, she gave birth to Hana 4 months before she turned 18, meaning she got pregnant just before she turned 17. Chiyo died at 73, her grandson Sasori was 35, the picture of her son and his wife with infant Sasori are of a couple in their early 20's.... so the math works out at the oldest Chiyo was 18, but she could have been as young as 16 when she became a mother. (Sakura has just recently turned 17...)

QUOTE (Highandnow @ Jun 11 2011, 09:12 AM)
Might happen, but I'm getting a feeling it could be earlier than we all thought. If anything, they could go for engagement first and wait out the wedding. I think it could be possible that after her dad is sealed, I think at the end of the war Naruto will figure out how to undo ET through Fuuinjutsu. It's likely that he'll override the talismans, leaving him in control of the ET. He'll then leave some of the ET alive for a while which will give them a bit of time for omiai between the two of them. I think her father would want to do this, and insist on it. (Betting Kankurou's going to be the one to spill the beans about them) He'll probably do it to make up for the times he hasn't been much of a father for her daughter. Saying something along the lines of: "this is the least I should do as a father"

err ... you people are not seeing too much? Why do you believe in so many pairings?

Have you thought about the chance of not having any official couple?

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#28 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:19 AM

Multiple pairings make sense, if the brief mention (in one interview many years ago) by Kishimoto of having Naruto continue into the next generation comes true. Hard to build the next generation of ninja without having at least a few couples.

Though, well, that whole "next generation" thing was a long time ago, and plans may have changed.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#29 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (desaix @ Jun 12 2011, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Multiple pairings make sense, if the brief mention (in one interview many years ago) by Kishimoto of having Naruto continue into the next generation comes true. Hard to build the next generation of ninja without having at least a few couples.

Though, well, that whole "next generation" thing was a long time ago, and plans may have changed.

Not really, look in the manga- the Chouza and Chouji conversation flashback was quite recent, the Asuma flashback conversation Shikamaru thinks of although overtly about AsumaxKurenai's kid also points to that generation growing up and having families was recently, Kushina's final words and the whole flashback being about families and birthing the next generation is another recent one, etc... If anything Kishimoto is pushing that even more overtly now.

Kishimoto is laying the groundwork too overtly now, expect to see a fair number of Naruto's generation with families in the standard manga epilogue chapter. Naruto and Sakura perhaps before the epilogue.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#30 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 13 2011, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really, look in the manga- the Chouza and Chouji conversation flashback was quite recent, the Asuma flashback conversation Shikamaru thinks of although overtly about AsumaxKurenai's kid also points to that generation growing up and having families was recently, Kushina's final words and the whole flashback being about families and birthing the next generation is another recent one, etc... If anything Kishimoto is pushing that even more overtly now.

Kishimoto is laying the groundwork too overtly now, expect to see a fair number of Naruto's generation with families in the standard manga epilogue chapter. Naruto and Sakura perhaps before the epilogue.

Oh Ciardha. If your predictions are correct, I'll be a happy person ^____^

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#31 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ Jun 13 2011, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh Ciardha. If your predictions are correct, I'll be a happy person ^____^

Not 100% sure NarutoxSakura will have a baby before the ending, but seriously Kishimoto's being dropping practically anvil hints the past year. laugh.gif

#32 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 13 2011, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not 100% sure NarutoxSakura will have a baby before the ending, but seriously Kishimoto's being dropping practically anvil hints the past year. laugh.gif

It seems so out of the contest by Naruto. I do not know. I can not see these clues so clearly as you ... but maybe ....

Having children outside of marriage does not seem to be very acceptable in the world of Naruto. I really do not know. And why Naruto and Sakura before everybody?

Mentions about the new generations, conversations between parents and children about marriage and kids, are there ... but I can not see Kishimoto writing about it.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#33 rastaman

rastaman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 13 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe Sakura is going to be shown pregnant but I doubt they're gonna have a baby at the end.

Edited by rastaman, 13 June 2011 - 05:45 PM.

#34 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

As Rasta said it might just be Sakura pregnant.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#35 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ Jun 13 2011, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having children outside of marriage does not seem to be very acceptable in the world of Naruto. I really do not know. And why Naruto and Sakura before everybody?

Mentions about the new generations, conversations between parents and children about marriage and kids, are there ... but I can not see Kishimoto writing about it.

I do, and it's fairly typicalin manga to have at minimum an epilogue chapter showing the kids as grown up and with families.

Who said Naruto and Sakura wouldn't be married before the kid was born? I assume Chiyo and Tsume were married before they had their babies...

Kishimoto's in Naruto has basically gone back to the Japanese premodern age of adulthood- 15. In premodern Japan 15 marked a sort of junior adulthood- they could marry and start a family, but were considered adults in training essentially until around 17-19. (17 for women, 19 for males)

#36 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

Amazing I never knew that....well looks like you learn something new everyday.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#37 NarutoThePromiseKeeper

NarutoThePromiseKeeper

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:RAMEN! video games, movies, anime, Naruto, NaruSaku, Drawing, Art, Manga, Animal Lover, Fan fic writing.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:55 AM

I voted for 100+ chapters, I think Kishimoto could explain all those unanswered questions and things that we have in that amount of time and bring a close to the war as well. As for all that about the rightful Japanese marriage and things I didn't know about. Wow looks like I learnt something new! Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens :3

#38 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 13 2011, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do, and it's fairly typicalin manga to have at minimum an epilogue chapter showing the kids as grown up and with families.

Who said Naruto and Sakura wouldn't be married before the kid was born? I assume Chiyo and Tsume were married before they had their babies...

Kishimoto's in Naruto has basically gone back to the Japanese premodern age of adulthood- 15. In premodern Japan 15 marked a sort of junior adulthood- they could marry and start a family, but were considered adults in training essentially until around 17-19. (17 for women, 19 for males)

"I assume Chiyo and Tsume were married before they had their babies..." Why?

Over these ages, I doubt it. They already have around 17 years and seem, even physically, very childish.

But anyway, if you belive so much in a new generation...

How about Sasuke? What do you think will happen to the last Uchiha? He will die? The clan will be actually instincts? Or is there an Uchiha in this "next generation"? Who will be the mother?

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#39 Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Dattebayo!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Art (Photoshop, Drawing, Painting etc.), Manga, Anime, Hardware &amp; Software genius, Tennis, Music... :)

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

About 50-70 chapters. wink.gif

#40 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Jun 14 2011, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm, that's a tough one. What about Sasuke? I'm a firm believer in Sasuke staying alive and somehow redeeming himself. But getteing married and having kids with a woman...hm... I simply cannot picture that. On the other hand, I doubt Kishi would let the Uchiha clan become extinct. I wouldn't like that, either.

Well, the Uchiha clan has been referred to as the 'cursed clan' on more than one occasion, so I don't think it's too unlikely for the clan to go extinct. I mean, if Sasuke reforms, restarts his clan, and everything goes back to normal, who's to say another Madara won't appear in another couple centuries? But maybe Sasuke will simply lose his birthright somehow, keeping the Uchiha clan alive while ending the curse of the Sharingan. I mean, a jutsu that requires the sacrifice of your closest friend hardly seems like something worth keeping around.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users