40 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:16 AM

I've heard of this high school musical anime (see what I did there U_U) a long time before it came out a month ago since animenewsnetwork.com mentioned Hibike! Euphonium repeatedly while it was still in its development stages. In all honesty, I didn't plan to start watching this anime b/c it looked like the series would be full of moe, and I'm not the biggest fan of that. I gave it a try though just to see what it was like. I was about to drop it- yeah, the amount of moe was too much for me XD But I gave the anime another try- and voila!: Hibike! has now become one of my favorites of this season with the most current episode XD

Synopsis of the anime:

Hibike! Euphonium begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school's brass band club as a first year. Kumiko's classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school.

(Source: ANN)

Apparently, there will be 12 episodes, and right now 5 episodes have aired. Knowing KyoAni, an animation studio known for its beautiful backgrounds as you can see in Clannad or Free! (yes, I'm looking at you girls), this anime exceeded my expectations in this regard. But even the character designs are great.

Main Characters:

wgGApYY.png

EDIT: Who in the world names their daughter Sapphire in Japanese...?

Novel:

The anime is based on a Japanese Novel from 2013. The series is still ongoing, and so far there are three novels. Novel, not lightnovel, just to make this clear ;)

Sound-Euphonium.jpg

Trailer:

Edited by trang95, 06 May 2015 - 04:20 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

>slice of life

Getting the hell outta of here.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#3 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

>slice of life

:lmao:

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#4 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

>slice of life

-.-

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#5 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

>slice of life

I used to be the same, then watched K-on and Wagnaria and I enjoy them, they have some good humour, some decent development, I don't expect much from them, just to be entertained and the usually deliver, specially the KyoAni stuff.

I like the anime so far, I don't think it's KyoAni's best work, but I don't think the story itself has really got started, but I could be wrong.

Allot of sites have compared this to K-on with a brass band instead of soft rock band, however I think the only similarities is the music factor. K-On was every bit slice of life, the music part of it was just a method of them getting together, it was more about the group having fun and not much training took place. This so far has dealt with some more issues like failure, bad leadership, and actual practice, and self belief in succeeding. So I'm interested to see how the anime progresses.

iAnby7W.gif

#6 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

I used to be the same, then watched K-on and Wagnaria and I enjoy them, they have some good humour, some decent development, I don't expect much from them, just to be entertained and the usually deliver, specially the KyoAni stuff.

I like the anime so far, I don't think it's KyoAni's best work, but I don't think the story itself has really got started, but I could be wrong.

Allot of sites have compared this to K-on with a brass band instead of soft rock band, however I think the only similarities is the music factor. K-On was every bit slice of life, the music part of it was just a method of them getting together, it was more about the group having fun and not much training took place. This so far has dealt with some more issues like failure, bad leadership, and actual practice, and self belief in succeeding. So I'm interested to see how the anime progresses.

Wagnaria! Need to watch that, too! I've been recommended the series by someone else.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#7 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:37 PM

Wagnaria! Need to watch that, too! I've been recommended the series by someone else.

You should definitely watch it, it's still ranks up there as my favourite slice of life comedy animes. It's getting a third season in Summer season which will probably take the story it to the end of the manga, though I believe the manga has started again recently. The only reason I started watching it was because the VA of Lalouch from Code Geauss was in it, afterall who would want to watch a anime situated in a family restaurant?

iAnby7W.gif

#8 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

Totally love this piece from the anime:

Turns out it's from this relatively popular Japanese electrical song:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#9 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

You should definitely watch it, it's still ranks up there as my favourite slice of life comedy animes. It's getting a third season in Summer season which will probably take the story it to the end of the manga, though I believe the manga has started again recently. The only reason I started watching it was because the VA of Lalouch from Code Geauss was in it, afterall who would want to watch a anime situated in a family restaurant?

Jun Fukuyama? He's one of my favorite voice actors!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#10 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:32 AM

More appearances of Taki-sensei.:argh:

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#11 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:32 AM

More appearances of Taki-sensei. :argh:

Yes, but he needs to talk more! I love his voice T_T

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#12 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:00 AM

Yes, but he needs to talk more! I love his voice T_T

Me too. Something is fishy about Reina. She was asking what Kumiko thinks about Taki-sensei. Maybe she likes him? :argh:
And that bus scene where Kumiko and Shuuichi sat together is funny.

Shall we skate?❄❄

#13 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

Me too. Something is fishy about Reina. She was asking what Kumiko thinks about Taki-sensei. Maybe she likes him? :argh:

Two possibilities: 1) she has a crush in him (most likely) 2) he's related to her in some way (b/c of how she reacted when Kumiko said that he was handsome- Reina was soooo surprised). Imao, that bus scene was so cute. Reina doing her thing with her hair was also super cool to look at!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#14 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:19 AM

Two possibilities: 1) she has a crush in him (most likely) 2) he's related to her in some way (b/c of how she reacted when Kumiko said that he was handsome- Reina was soooo surprised). Imao, that bus scene was so cute. Reina doing her thing with her hair was also super cool to look at!

Reina Kousaka is a mystery.But I'm starting to think that she likes him. Kumiko and Shuuichi moments is needed. And the music is cut short though. I wish they could play the full song.

Shall we skate?❄❄

#15 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

I think he's the reason she enroled in the school and declined the school with a successful wind band...though why I'm not sure, we'll probably find that he's some kind of genius in the field that inspired Reina at a young age.

I don't think it's anything romantic, as her reaction to Kumiko when she mentioned he was good looking was one of surprise. Plus she doesn't appear to be someone who would fall for someone without getting to know them, and the sensie at the beginning didn't do enough to gain that kind of reaction from her, so my money would be on his past. Though it could be they are related somehow, the sensie was first seen at the temple, and in the scene where  we saw Reina catch Shuuichi bad mouth the sensie. it looked like there was a temple in the background, and I hate to be generic but Reina very much has the typical shrine maiden look about her. (plus sensie did show some good knowledge about the good luck charms.)

iAnby7W.gif

#16 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

I think he's the reason she enroled in the school and declined the school with a successful wind band...though why I'm not sure, we'll probably find that he's some kind of genius in the field that inspired Reina at a young age.

I don't think it's anything romantic, as her reaction to Kumiko when she mentioned he was good looking was one of surprise. Plus she doesn't appear to be someone who would fall for someone without getting to know them, and the sensie at the beginning didn't do enough to gain that kind of reaction from her, so my money would be on his past. Though it could be they are related somehow, the sensie was first seen at the temple, and in the scene where  we saw Reina catch Shuuichi bad mouth the sensie. it looked like there was a temple in the background, and I hate to be generic but Reina very much has the typical shrine maiden look about her. (plus sensie did show some good knowledge about the good luck charms.)

Interesting observation! Tbh, I hope what you say is true b/c I've had enough of those "student having a crush on their sensei" trope. Out of all the four MC, Reina Kousaka is my favorite.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#17 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

Interesting observation! Tbh, I hope what you say is true b/c I've had enough of those "student having a crush on their sensei" trope. Out of all the four MC, Reina Kousaka is my favorite.

Well I like both Reina and Kumiko, Kumiko has the best reactions, specially around Reina and Shuuichi, completely opposites ends of the spectrum. If I though this had any romance, I'd be conflicted between ReiKo and Shuko

KyoAni don't generally use the crush of the sensie trope, atleast I can't remember from any of the animes I've watched of theirs. Plus I don't think that is ging to play a part in the anime, I believe it's a story driven anime more than anything, and about the struggles of continuing to aim for the best, and the sacrifices it involves.

I want to know what happened to the sister for her to quit wind intruments, as well as the other childhood friend who seems reluctant to dedicate herself fully to the band. I'm also interested in seeing what had happed the previous year.

iAnby7W.gif

#18 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:18 PM

Well I like both Reina and Kumiko, Kumiko has the best reactions, specially around Reina and Shuuichi, completely opposites ends of the spectrum. If I though this had any romance, I'd be conflicted between ReiKo and Shuko

KyoAni don't generally use the crush of the sensie trope, atleast I can't remember from any of the animes I've watched of theirs. Plus I don't think that is ging to play a part in the anime, I believe it's a story driven anime more than anything, and about the struggles of continuing to aim for the best, and the sacrifices it involves.

I want to know what happened to the sister for her to quit wind intruments, as well as the other childhood friend who seems reluctant to dedicate herself fully to the band. I'm also interested in seeing what had happed the previous year.

Jup. That's what I'm interested in finding out, too. We have about 7 episodes left, so hopefully everything will be wrapped up smoothly. Do you happen to know how much of the original work is being adapted? I suppose one novel is getting adopted- maybe a second season can adapt the next two novels, who knows.

I like Kumiko, too, and her reactions are beyond hilarious. I suppose I like Reine Kousaka a bit more b/c of her maturity and dedication towards music. Kumiko had me confused a bit in the beginning tbh. First she doesn't want to pick up the euphonium, but now she is perfectly ok with it. I personally would have wished to see her struggling more with playing the euphonium again.

But my favorite girl is Asuka XD

EDIT: Just curios: Have you watched Clannad and Clannad After Story? I haven't watched it yet, but I've been told that it is one of KyoAni's best works.

Edited by trang95, 08 May 2015 - 03:26 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#19 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:39 PM

Watched episode 6:

Uhuhuh, lots of drama coming up. For one, we have the competition that guarantees jealously b/w members. Also, is there a love triangle coming up with Kumiko, Hazuki, and Shuuichi?

Loved that scene the end where Kumiko and Sapphire/Midori helped Hazuki discovering her love for Tuba.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#20 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:39 AM

Jup. That's what I'm interested in finding out, too. We have about 7 episodes left, so hopefully everything will be wrapped up smoothly. Do you happen to know how much of the original work is being adapted? I suppose one novel is getting adopted- maybe a second season can adapt the next two novels, who knows.

I like Kumiko, too, and her reactions are beyond hilarious. I suppose I like Reine Kousaka a bit more b/c of her maturity and dedication towards music. Kumiko had me confused a bit in the beginning tbh. First she doesn't want to pick up the euphonium, but now she is perfectly ok with it. I personally would have wished to see her struggling more with playing the euphonium again.

But my favorite girl is Asuka XD

EDIT: Just curios: Have you watched Clannad and Clannad After Story? I haven't watched it yet, but I've been told that it is one of KyoAni's best works.

You should definitely watch Clanned, and Clanned After Story, I'm still not sure about the ending but the anime is amazing, it really grips you. Though in all honesty I don't think KyoAni have ever made a bad anime, not all of them are must watch, but all of them meet their high standards.

This weeks episode felt more like a transition piece, setting up potential drama for next week. Kousaka and Kumiko probably have similar reasons to get into music, however where one seems to be motivated to improve her playing, the other hit a hurdle and has struggled to keep motivated to keep playing, not sure if it's because she is living in her sisters shadow or because gets stuck with a instrument that isn't appreciated as much, I don't claim to know much about bands but I've never heard of a Euphonium before.

iAnby7W.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime, novel adaptation, music, slice of life, moe, KyoAni, School, wonderful backgrounds, beautiful animation, romance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users