#1 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

Alrighty! So, awhile ago, I said I'd make my own thread. Here it is! :D 

Well, as some of you may already know, my name is Houston Scott. I'm 24 years old. Here're a few interesting things about myself. 

Welllllll, I love sports. Favorite sport would have to be volleyball, but I'm really good at basketball, football, baseball, and soccer also. :D 

I can sing and write. Loveeee writing lyrics, doing covers, and just writing period. I pull from any and everywhere. I may post a cover or something original sometime if anyone's interested. :D Lauren/Slextem has heard me sing before so you guys can ask her if I'm any good. LOL

I love drawing of course. One of my favorite things to do actually, and I've been drawing for more than 15 years. Sure, I'm not super amazing but I'm content with the achievements I've had in drawing, and I look forward to bettering myself.

Anything else you guys wanna know, just ask. :D 

Anyway, here I'll be posting art, my current projects, maybe some music and whatever else that I can't think of at the moment.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

-Alright so far as far current projects go, here's one for my buddy KnS. Hope you like it thus far, and let me know if you're satisfied with how it looks. 

2qmzotw.jpg

33w1mqs.jpg

Other projects include:

- Quinny's Sakura fanart

- Small comic strip

- NS fanart

Here's some of my other works for your viewage. :D Enjoy!! 

Naruto works here. 

Pics

Other works here. Unrecognizable characters are characters I've made up. Characters from my story called "Destiny". :D 

Pics

ENJOY! And let me know what you guys think! 

#2 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Oh, and if anyone has a request, I'll try to knock it out when I can. :D Sushi.... I see you, and I wonder where that damn drawing is. :P 

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

lol

Fine. I got an error when I tried to send it to you, but I can ask my brother if he can help me cuz he's a nerd. Lol

You've got skills..

ナルサク

#4 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Thanks! :D Glad you think so.  :hehehe:  :hehehe:

And, I can't wait to see it! :D Just post it here whenever you get it up.  :yes:

#5 FrenchMyToast

FrenchMyToast

NaruSaku

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Naruto, Fanfiction, NS Forums

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

Damn. Nice work. I respect a good artist who can shade effectively. I just end up with smudges everywhere.  :sweatdrop:

What are some of your favorite sports teams?

tumblr_inline_miqr434aWD1qz4rgp.gif

NaruSaku - Because development doesn't lie. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers - Pittsburgh Steelers - San Francisco Giants

#6 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

You should post something of yours. I'd love to see your work. :D

And thanks. I'm still learning to get better at shading. It's a bit harder with pencil than it is with PS. 

Anyway, to answer your question, I'm actually not a huge sports fan. I mean, I watch it sometimes, but not very often to pick up on teams and decide which team I like most. Looking at you're interests, seems you're quite a big fan of professional sports. :D I only love actually playing them. 

#7 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hehehe, new blog. Cool beans! (and no, I'm not talking about Slextrem's cat). XD

But on a serious note: Congrats on your new blog and I'll be definitely looking forward to it. Your pictures are pretty amazing. BTW, are you an IchiHime supporter, or was that just a commision?

Speaking of which...

Oh, and if anyone has a request, I'll try to knock it out when I can. :D Sushi.... I see you, and I wonder where that damn drawing is. :P

do you charge for commisions? I've been thinking about a few requests so I wanted to know.

And just for fun, I'll drop by a game for you to play. :D

10 things you wish you could say to different people right now

09 things about yourself

08 ways to win your heart

07 things that cross your mind a lot

06 things you do before you fall asleep

05 people who mean a lot

04 things you're wearing right now

03 songs that you listen to often

02 things you want to do before you die

01 confession

#8 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

-Alright so far as far current projects go, here's one for my buddy KnS. Hope you like it thus far, and let me know if you're satisfied with how it looks. 

2qmzotw.jpg

33w1mqs.jpg

0__0

Sorry, I was out of town all day until now.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this... this is SO MUCH BETTER!!!   I'm... ecstatic.  Seriously.  The expression on his face is perfect for the scene.  Perfect.  *sigh*  I love it so far.  I'm so excited to see the rest....  :boogie:

I'll answer your PM in a minute.  I just didn't want another minute to go by without commenting on this.  So awesome.  Thank you so much for doing this for me. 

#9 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Shadow

Yup! I'm an IchiHime shipper. :D And glad you like my drawings.  :yes: 

As for requests, I do not charge.  :no: I find joy in making art, and drawing for people when I can. If you have a request, I'll definitely try my best to meet it for ya! 

LOL! Kay! I'll answer one of these questions each day!

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I'll do the "3 songs I listen to often"

1. Huge fan of Mat Kearney, but song of his I'm listening to quite a bit at the moment is "Fire and Rain"

2. I'm a Japanese fan also, and one of my favorite artist is Ayaka. She was on hiatus for quite sometime but she released an album last year. :D In that album, I listen to "Hikari" and "The Beginning" quite a bit. 

3. Coldplay!! :D Love this band, and his voice actually resembles Mat Kearney a bit. It's crazy actually! :D Anyway, I'm listening to "Low" from them a lot at the moment. 

Sooo yeah! I find myself falling back on these songs quite a bit! Is there any particular artist that you listen to that you'd recommend? I love hearing new music and expanding. 

KnS

:wibble:  I'm such a proud artist! When you nosebleed, I'll feel like i've done my job.  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  LOL Jk! But really glad you're liking what you see so far. Gonna touch up a few things with the shading on the face, and give the hair more life. :D Thanks for responding to the PM so I can know for sure what I'm doing. 

#10 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yup! I'm an IchiHime shipper. :D

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

IchiRuki > IchiHime :fu:

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#11 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Shadow

Yup! I'm an IchiHime shipper. :D And glad you like my drawings.  :yes:

As for requests, I do not charge.  :no: I find joy in making art, and drawing for people when I can. If you have a request, I'll definitely try my best to meet it for ya! 

Hehehe, how cool! I've always wondered is NS shippers would only support IchiRuki because of their somewhat similar interactions. I see that this is not the case anymore. I don't ship any of them at the moment, but that's because I haven't really read Bleach just yet (in case you're wondering about the comparison I did, that's just from what I have heard from others).

Hehehe, if that were to become your job, then I'm sure you would have the job of your dreams. As for drawings... hmm... I'm currently playing The World Ends With You, so if I can make a request: any of the main characters should be fine (Neku, Shiki, Beat or Joshua, whichever you find easier to draw).

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I'll do the "3 songs I listen to often"

1. Huge fan of Mat Kearney, but song of his I'm listening to quite a bit at the moment is "Fire and Rain"

2. I'm a Japanese fan also, and one of my favorite artist is Ayaka. She was on hiatus for quite sometime but she released an album last year. :D In that album, I listen to "Hikari" and "The Beginning" quite a bit. 

3. Coldplay!! :D Love this band, and his voice actually resembles Mat Kearney a bit. It's crazy actually! :D Anyway, I'm listening to "Low" from them a lot at the moment. 

Sooo yeah! I find myself falling back on these songs quite a bit! Is there any particular artist that you listen to that you'd recommend? I love hearing new music and expanding.

At the moment, I'm not sure what to recommend. Lately I've been into Anime/Game OST, so I have no particular artist at the moment. If anything, there is this song I've been listening to which I think it may fit NaruSaku, so I want to hear your thoughts about it. Is the song used for the Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu intro and its called: Sore Ga Ai Deshou (I Guess That's Love).

Song:

Lyrics: http://www.animelyri...egaaideshou.htm

Let me know what you think.

Hahahaha... here we go with pairing wars XD

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 02 June 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#12 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

LOL Dude, IH alllllll the way! You can't say it lacks development either. :P And what's crazy is the possibility of it happening. It's not as farfetched as NH.  :fu:

Hehehe, how cool! I've always wondered is NS shippers would only support IchiRuki because of their somewhat similar interactions. I see that this is not the case anymore. I don't ship any of them at the moment, but that's because I haven't really read Bleach just yet (in case you're wondering about the comparison I did, that's just from what I have heard from others).

Hehehe, if that were to become your job, then I'm sure you would have the job of your dreams. As for drawings... hmm... I'm currently playing The World Ends With You, so if I can make a request: any of the main characters should be fine (Neku, Shiki, Beat or Joshua, whichever you find easier to draw).

At the moment, I'm not sure what to recommend. Lately I've been into Anime/Game OST, so I have no particular artist at the moment. If anything, there is this song I've been listening to which I think it may fit NaruSaku, so I want to hear your thoughts about it. Is the song used for the Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu intro and its called: Sore Ga Ai Deshou (I Guess That's Love).

Song:

Lyrics: http://www.animelyri...egaaideshou.htm

Let me know what you think.

Hahahaha... here we go with pairing wars XD

LOL Nah, I don't support IR. I see it as a possibility just like IH, but I lean way more toward IH though. You should read some of it sometime and give your opinion on it. ^^ I actually wonder just how many fans here are IR fans. I know a lot of NH shippers are. 

I don't think I'm good enough to take on drawing professionally. I think sometime in the future though when I've gotten a lot better at some things, I'd love to start up a series. Particularly my story, "Destiny". 

Hmmmmm, pick which ever one you want most at the moment, and don't worry about the difficultly. I'm sure I can tackle it, no problem.  :fu:

I love how upbeat the song is actually, and the lyrics as well. Some of my favorite lines.

because kindness is also cruel sometimes 
I lose sight of the answer the more I search for it

Because I have you, because I have tomorrow 
because I can't live on all alone 

Because now I can embrace every word that you said 
I'm sure that we'll come closer to each other

^I like those lines a lot!  :thumb:

I wonder though! If you read the story, which side would you fall on....  :happy:

Anyone who reads the thread....

Which couple do you prefer in Bleach between IH and IR, and can you see IH happening? 

Edited by StriderC, 02 June 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#13 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

LOL Nah, I don't support IR. I see it as a possibility just like IH, but I lean way more toward IH though. You should read some of it sometime and give your opinion on it. ^^ I actually wonder just how many fans here are IR fans. I know a lot of NH shippers are.

Well, I'll see to it. At the moment, the last episode I saw was 133 I think (I think it was a filler or something, since it was about Toshiro playing soccer). As for pairings, I decided that I would not choose one just yet, at least until I see the complete anime and catch up to the manga.

I don't think I'm good enough to take on drawing professionally. I think sometime in the future though when I've gotten a lot better at some things, I'd love to start up a series. Particularly my story, "Destiny".

Well, your drawing quality is definitely something else. I also keep in mind that every style is unique, so I can't say who is professional and who's not. My take is that you  are good enough to be a pro. Have you considered a drawing career at a university or something? I don't know much, but I'm pretty sure that there must be careers related to drawing.

Hmmmmm, pick which ever one you want most at the moment, and don't worry about the difficultly. I'm sure I can tackle it, no problem.  :fu:

Hmm... alright then. I think Shiki is teh one I would like to see. Even though I finished this game a few years ago, many events happened which made me lose my DS. Now that I have a 3DS and the game again, I'm tackling the story, so I'm at the beginning. Thus my partner right now is Shiki. Could you make a drawing of her?

I love how upbeat the song is actually, and the lyrics as well. Some of my favorite lines.

because kindness is also cruel sometimes 
I lose sight of the answer the more I search for it

Because I have you, because I have tomorrow 
because I can't live on all alone 

Because now I can embrace every word that you said 
I'm sure that we'll come closer to each other

^I like those lines a lot!  :thumb:

Heheh, yeah. Hence why I believe it fits NaruSaku. ^_^

I wonder though! If you read the story, which side would you fall on....  :happy:

Anyone who reads the thread....

Which couple do you prefer in Bleach between IH and IR, and can you see IH happening? 

Well, I'll let you know as soon as I decide. However, I think its fair to at least give what I think about at the moment:

-To be honest, unlike Naruto, both sides have a fair amount of points that could be used for either of them to become canon. As I said before, I haven't really dig into it, but both girls have a good influence on Ichigo (again, my last episode was 133 I believe, so I'm not even halfway through the anime). As far as I've seen, I feel like Rukia is more about motivating Ichigo while Orihime is more about understanding Ichigo. And one thing to keep in mind is that both of them are friendly towards each other too (Rukia and Orihime), so I get the feeling that, is any side becomes canon, the other person will gladly support them.

This is all I have so far, so I honestly can't pick a side right now. And if you're wondering if I'm leaning to any side, then nah, I'm not leaning toward any at the moment. As soon as I'm done with both the manga and the anime, I'll make a decision. I'll let you know when that happens.

#14 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Strider my man!!! i'll be hovering around this thread every now and again to see the awesome works :goodjob:

40283620121415711s.jpg

#15 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Good to know Haunted! I'll try to keep things interesting here for the most part! Hopefully, I'll not disappoint my friend! 

Shadow

Seems you're pretty close to the confession episode. :D It's actually one of my favorite confessions in anime to be honest. :wibble: I won't spoil ya!  And yeah, the episode you last view was filler. 

My skill level is great for what it is, but of course, there's always room for improvement. I wanna increase my speed a bit so that's one thing. I've gotten faster for sure, but I want to go even faster. Yeah, I will agree that I'm legit enough to go pro. I actually went to college for animation. Graduated but realized that's not what I want as a primary career so, currently working, and just building because I plan on going back to college soon. :D

Cool bean! I'll look up some pics of her soon so I can see what I'm working with. :D

LOL I listened to the song about 5 times already. Sort of relaxing and goes with the day for me personally so that's a plus. ^_^ It definitely fits NS for sure!

Agreed with your post on the two main Bleach couples. It could fall either way but the thing is, I wouldn't even feel bad about it considering the build up that's happened toward both sides. I think after you see the next arc that focuses on Hueco Mundo, you'll like the relationship with IH more than you do now even though you're still on the fence. :D That's another thing. I think if Rukia got with Ichigo, she'd be happy for him. I think she's over the jealousy she once had. 

I actually like Orihime a lot because of how realistic she is, and how she does actually love Ichigo. She's the only one really with active/apparent feelings in the story. I guess I love the healers.  :fu: Atoli from .Hack, Orihime and Sakura. :P

Edited by StriderC, 02 June 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#16 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Oust, that Kairi drawing!!! :wow: :wow: :wow:

I was going to send you a request for a drawing of Tsunade and Sakura, but it looks like you've got your hands full. Gaara is coming along splendidly, by the way! You captured his style so well, and all you've drawn is his face! I can't wait to see the finished product!

IchiHime is the best Bleach couple. There's no denying it. :smug:

#17 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Oust, that Kairi drawing!!! :wow: :wow: :wow:

I was going to send you a request for a drawing of Tsunade and Sakura, but it looks like you've got your hands full. Gaara is coming along splendidly, by the way! You captured his style so well, and all you've drawn is his face! I can't wait to see the finished product!

IchiHime is the best Bleach couple. There's no denying it. :smug:

LOL! I remember I drew that soooo long ago. Freakin' loved her in Kingdom Hearts 2, and I hope in 3 she plays a way bigger role since she's apparently going to train to become a keyblade master!! >_< In SoraKairi is just <3!! 

Haha. I'll add it to my to do list! Is there any particular way you want them to look in the picture? An action shot maybe? And I'm glad you're liking the Sasori pic so far! :D It's definitely gonna be one of my most challenging pics yet since he's standing in a mirror and I have to draw his back and all that jazz. :P

Oh, and IH is definitely the best Bleach couple. :D She's the best female character in Bleach IMO, but that's debatable. It's kewl that me and Slex actually ship the same ships. LOL 

#18 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

Seems you're pretty close to the confession episode. :D It's actually one of my favorite confessions in anime to be honest. :wibble: I won't spoil ya!  And yeah, the episode you last view was filler.

Hehehe, nice to know that there's a confession episode coming up. :D

My skill level is great for what it is, but of course, there's always room for improvement. I wanna increase my speed a bit so that's one thing. I've gotten faster for sure, but I want to go even faster. Yeah, I will agree that I'm legit enough to go pro. I actually went to college for animation. Graduated but realized that's not what I want as a primary career so, currently working, and just building because I plan on going back to college soon. :D

Alright, sounds good then. :smile:

Cool bean! I'll look up some pics of her soon so I can see what I'm working with. :D

Alright then. Looking forward to it! Oh yeah, and if you want to, pick up Slextrem's request before me. I can wait for my request. :smile:

LOL I listened to the song about 5 times already. Sort of relaxing and goes with the day for me personally so that's a plus. ^_^ It definitely fits NS for sure!

Hahaha, cool! I wonder if someone can make an AMV with that song. Do you know of anyone who can do AMVs?

Agreed with your post on the two main Bleach couples. It could fall either way but the thing is, I wouldn't even feel bad about it considering the build up that's happened toward both sides. I think after you see the next arc that focuses on Hueco Mundo, you'll like the relationship with IH more than you do now even though you're still on the fence. :D That's another thing. I think if Rukia got with Ichigo, she'd be happy for him. I think she's over the jealousy she once had. 

I actually like Orihime a lot because of how realistic she is, and how she does actually love Ichigo. She's the only one really with active/apparent feelings in the story. I guess I love the healers.  :fu: Atoli from .Hack, Orihime and Sakura. :P

Hehehe, that makes Orihime sound even more interesting. I'm not sure if I should keep reading your posts. I don't want to be swayed into any side just yet. XD

LOL! I remember I drew that soooo long ago. Freakin' loved her in Kingdom Hearts 2, and I hope in 3 she plays a way bigger role since she's apparently going to train to become a keyblade master!! >_< In SoraKairi is just <3!!

I wanted to ask, btw. Am I the only one who feels like SoKai and NS have some similarities? (I would argue about Riku and Sasuke, but to me, Riku is better in terms of personality and how his redemption worked).

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 02 June 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#19 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hey Houston :D. What's up ? XD

Your drawings... are WAOW. Really, great work.

By the way, is this Soi Fon, the one after Yoruichi's pic ? Cause she's my favorite character in Bleach and the drawing is superb XD

Looking forward for new drawings and some of your writings :D

So, are you in college or what ? And how do you spend most of your time ? XD

Edited by T XD, 02 June 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#20 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Haha. I'll add it to my to do list! Is there any particular way you want them to look in the picture? An action shot maybe? And I'm glad you're liking the Sasori pic so far! :D It's definitely gonna be one of my most challenging pics yet since he's standing in a mirror and I have to draw his back and all that jazz. :P

Oh, and IH is definitely the best Bleach couple. :D She's the best female character in Bleach IMO, but that's debatable. It's kewl that me and Slex actually ship the same ships. LOL 

I love SoraKairi too! They give me so many feels when I play the Kingdom Hearts series. That reminds me, I actually bought KH2 at Vintage Stock back in April, and I still haven't played it! LOL. I've been working so much on that birthday present, I haven't relaxed much this summer. :twitch:

I was thinking a back-to-back shot, (Tsunade's body facing the left, Sakura's body facing the right), but with both looking over their shoulder towards the front. Does that make sense? I'd like for Sakura to be pulling on her glove with Hyakugou activated, and Tsunade to be in Byakugou, (with all of the lines), and her hair flying up a bit. If you could give them some intense glares, that would be freaking sweet too. Make it like they're about to face their most hated enemy together, and they're killing him/her with their eyes before going in for the kill.  :cool: 

It's a Sasori picture? I thought it was Gaara.  :ohmy:  Anyway, I'm sure you're going to nail it! It already looks epic, and you've only got his head done.

What can I say? We both have superb taste in pairings.  :cool: Orihime is the best female in the series. It's not even debatable at this point! (Just teasing, Rukia fans~ :lol:) I wish Kubo would get his stuff together and give the humans more screen-time. I can't remember the last time I saw them in the chapters.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Strider, Crestone, StriderC, Houston, Scott, drawing, life, fanart, NaruSaku, music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users