Close
Photo

Catched episode 81 on Adult Swim tonight.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

This is the first time I sat threw an episode of the old Naruto show since the terrible ending, and I got to admit.... the story really was great around this time frame. Sakura stood up for Naruto, Naruto continued his training and people learned about Asuma dying. Pain was still a mysterious threat, and the story just seemed to have so much promise.

Now I was never much of an anime watcher, but I still can't get over just how huge of a missed opportunity this was. If I was going to rewrite the series the changes would happen just a little bit after the Pain Arc.

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

This is the first time I sat threw an episode of the old Naruto show since the terrible ending, and I got to admit.... the story really was great around this time frame. Sakura stood up for Naruto, Naruto continued his training and people learned about Asuma dying. Pain was still a mysterious threat, and the story just seemed to have so much promise.

Now I was never much of an anime watcher, but I still can't get over just how huge of a missed opportunity this was. If I was going to rewrite the series the changes would happen just a little bit after the Pain Arc.

My favorite part was Sakura defending her man. Yep I'm still calling him her man because those are the real Naruto and Sakura.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

This time of the series was my favorite part of the Shippuden timeframe, with Naruto's learning Sage Mode in second. We actually see Naruto training, training hard and working toward achieving something that would be totally his own. The Rasenshuriken and the perfect Sage Mode are the only things that Naruto truly works to achieve regarding his own strength. I also liked how both Shikamaru and Sakura got a lot of characterization in this arc, with Shikamaru vowing vengeance against Hidan and Sakura seeing both Naruto and Shikamaru's growth as men.

#4 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:27 PM

This time of the series was my favorite part of the Shippuden timeframe, with Naruto's learning Sage Mode in second. We actually see Naruto training, training hard and working toward achieving something that would be totally his own. The Rasenshuriken and the perfect Sage Mode are the only things that Naruto truly works to achieve regarding his own strength. I also liked how both Shikamaru and Sakura got a lot of characterization in this arc, with Shikamaru vowing vengeance against Hidan and Sakura seeing both Naruto and Shikamaru's growth as men.

I don't think Sakura got that much characterization in this arc, at least in the manga

The anime added some nice moments for her

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#5 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:41 PM

I don't think Sakura got that much characterization in this arc, at least in the manga

The anime added some nice moments for her

Indeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users