• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#41 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006)-10/10
I've seen this anime at least 5 times over in both chronological order and just the episode order, both Japanese and Dubbed too. It's become one of my all-time favorites and I don't think I'll ever get sick of it.

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 03 November 2008 - 09:07 AM.

uc.png

#42 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

Seirei no Moribito (2007) - 9/10

Plot Summary - Simply, Balsa (also known as Balsa the Spearwoman) is in fact a wandering warrior, who takes on the task of saving lives. The reason, you ask? To atonement for a past sin. Along the way, she happens to save a young prince from drowning; however, Balsa would never imagine that the Prince, Chagum, would soon enough be under her watch. The objective Balsa is now forced to deal with is to be the boy's bodyguard - and no matter how much the spoiled boy attempts to pull her strings, she vows to watch over him. It is her mission, and Balsa is determined to complete it. And it seems both of them, along the way of escape, are in over their heads (as some say) for Chagum's own father, the emperor, wants him dead.

Thoughts - I first caught the show on night on Adult Swim, and I simply fell in LOVE with Balsa. Her character and spearsmen skills show that she's able to hold out more than most men, and with Chagum alongside her... it shows a different personality. Rather than the stotic appearance and somewhat rough edge, the young mother seems like a 'motherly figure'. Along the series, there are somewhat plot twist and there are episode that leave you at the edge of your seat! The suspense and action... I can't help but love it!

With a mixture of fantasy too--- it's a decent anime to watch. happy.gif

Watching all 26 episodes yet again is making me fall in love with Balsa over and over~

Balsa and Chagum --Click here to view--

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 04 November 2008 - 06:10 PM.

tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#43 Juujuu

Juujuu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:God, art, literature, music, anime, romance, internet, friends

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

Skip Beat 10/10!!!!

GREAT SERIES!!! Highly recommend it! 8D
"Balthier is Sexy" Fangirl Army - SECOND IN COMMAND JUUJUU!

#44 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

Tales of The Abyss: 7.5/10

Thoughts:I'm too lazy to put up the summary. But anyways this is pretty decent. I haven't played the game yet but I could definitely guess that the game has more explanations or such. The pacing feels a bit rushed but overall for fans of the game this should be good since it follows the storyline of the game closely. (my friend told me the storyline.)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#45 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

Toradora! 8/10

Tsundere animes are always fun happy.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#46 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

FMA - 10/10

I love it so much. <3 That's all there really is to say.

Gurren Lagann - 9/10

I haven't gotten too far into the series yet (but I already know how everything "ends" and such), but it's pretty good so far.

#47 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:57 AM

Maria Holic - 8/10

HOLY SNOT THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A TRAP.

I love the first episode. I certainly can't wait for the next one. NOT ONLY DOES THIS ANIME HAVE ROMANCE, IT HAS YURI. lol I was shocked to hear that, but it seems to be too funny to be yuri.
I am still pinky-ash

#48 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:54 PM

History's Strongest's Disciple Kenichi. 9/10

Short (only 50 epi.) series based of a much larger (318 chapters, nearly Bleach sized) manga. A very delightful and funny out look on martial arts anime. Really nice animation and the way the "Masters of Ryozanpaku" are potrayed. (Shigure > Uber Alles).

Though its too bad they didn't decide to put the part where Kenichi was looking for a ultimate technique etc.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#49 Juujuu

Juujuu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:God, art, literature, music, anime, romance, internet, friends

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

Tales of the Abyss anime

8/10

Sticks mostly True to the game, but still not the same. :3
"Balthier is Sexy" Fangirl Army - SECOND IN COMMAND JUUJUU!

#50 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

Naruto Shippuden (2007-Present)

(2007 Season): 9/10

(2008 Season): 7/10

(2009 Season So Far): 4/10

uc.png

#51 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:16 AM

Bleach - 10/10

And lately Soul Eater - 9/10

#52 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

Black Lagoon: Second Barrage 8/10

As Smiter mentioned in his review of the first season there is no good/evil, only darker shades of gray. But when you're part of a pirate crew in the lawless city of Roanapur that's to be expected. Lots of action (read: people getting gunned down) and it doesn't let up very often. My biggest nitpick with it is actually the Opening and Ending themes - I just don't feel them.

Also, Hansel and Gretel are SERIOUS mind-rapes. If you watch Second Barrage, you'll see.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#53 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Jan 27 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Black Lagoon: Second Barrage 8/10

As Smiter mentioned in his review of the first season there is no good/evil, only darker shades of gray. But when you're part of a pirate crew in the lawless city of Roanapur that's to be expected. Lots of action (read: people getting gunned down) and it doesn't let up very often. My biggest nitpick with it is actually the Opening and Ending themes - I just don't feel them.

Also, Hansel and Gretel are SERIOUS mind-rapes. If you watch Second Barrage, you'll see.

Yeah when I first saw it and we have that one scene at the end of the arc with Rock and Gretel in the end and in return for his kindness she offers herself to him sexually I just had a big "WTF!?" going through my head. But really after thinking about it I think the anime portrayed just how dark the dark side is. There are people who like to have sex with young children and watch them fight one another (I mean if some people enjoy animal fighting, there are always the deeper sides to it as well). I know the anime dwells on a lot of dark themes, but the Hansel and Gretel arc for me was probably on par with Berserk and Gantz level mind-rape. The two siblings eventual demise had me really left speechless with the ways they were killed off. I mean God damn Balalaika was ruthless the way she shot Hansel and killed him limb by limb (literally).

But that's what I loved about the anime in how it showed there isn't always a good and bad side and Revy was a great interpretator for Rock to show him that things aren't always as we perceive them to be and that you have to open up your eyes and take into account that what someone may see as 'morally' wrong another person has no qualms with.

Also, I quite liked the OP to be honest. Oh and if you are watching the sub Revy's bad English during the Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise arc is so much win! XD

#54 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:17 AM

The theme of Black Lagoon's OP fits just fine True, I just can't get behind the lyrics and the singer's voice for some reason. Really strange.

And even as heartless and screwed up as Gretel was I still found myself in shock with her dying suddenly after she gets off the boat.

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#55 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

Suzuka - 6.5

Your normal romance anime, the drama gets reptitve really quick, and the ending wasn't satisfying.

Malchony of Haruhi suzumiya - 10/10

The seinfeld of anime, hell, 100 better then seinfeld!

addicting like hell laugh.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#56 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:21 AM

Demakittena! Powerpuff Girls Z (2006)-4/10
It has great animation but none of the creativity or spirit of Craig McCracken's original creation. Not to mention the changes made are absolutely retarded.
For example:
-They aren't sisters
-They transform to use their powers ala Super Sentai/Power Rangers sleep.gif
-They use weapons (and stupid weapons at that I mean seriously a yo-yo, a toy hammer and a bubble blower?)
-Continuing the Power Rangers esqueness Professor Utonium is used in sort of a Zordon like role plus he isn't their father/creator.
-Some of the redesigns of the villains are absolutely horrendous, especially Him.
This series also has one of the worst English dubs I've ever seen, done by Ocean (the guys behind the original DragonBall Z dub). As a fan of The Powerpuff Girls I am absolutely appalled by this series.

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 04 February 2009 - 06:23 AM.

uc.png

#57 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

Casshern Sins - 7/10, More philosophical than action, but I still dig it. not as good as the movie, and also more Harem, which surprised me. But towards the end, its gotten cooler. 8 More episodes. I'm crossing my fingers that the end reveal isn't crap.... as some promising animes have had problems with in the past when the story's a little darker.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#58 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

Neon Genesis Evangelion (1994)-0/10
I'd go into great detail about how much I DESPISE this anime but it would probably get me kicked out of the boards. tongue.gif

uc.png

#59 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Feb 8 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd go into great detail about how much I DESPISE this anime but it would probably get me kicked out of the boards. tongue.gif

then why are ya watching it if ya despise it?

Rideback (2009) - 8/10
Decent story so far, but kinda unsure of the overall plot. Good animation.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#60 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Feb 8 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True Story - I had three co-workers who LOVED NGE. I mean every time the newest volume came out, they'd pop in the videotape and watch it together.

Why yes, this WAS quite a few years ago. Why do you ask?

Anyway, they stuck with it through the turn from straightforward mecha-fest to burgeoning emo-fest to unsettling psychological WTF?

And then... AND THEN. They watched the last episode (The one with Shinji, his chair, and lots of clapping). When it was over they looked at each other, not saying a word. Then one of them walked over to the VCR, calmly ejected the tape...

...and promptly threw it against the wall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users