63 replies to this topic

#1 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

I can't believe we don't have a bakuman discussion topic, this serie is just awesome rawr.gif

for those who don't know is a weekly shonen jump manga about two mangakas and their struggle to be popular.

A good opening new is that an anime had been anounced, and will be aired in late 2010.
Cool chapter, their new series looked weird at first, but after chapter 2 I got really hooked. No doubt the perfect crime club is a unique concept. This might even be their final series.

Edited by alexander, 03 October 2010 - 01:49 PM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#2 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:16 PM

Yeah, I could even see them ending it at chapter 108 like Death Note did. (the mangakas of Bakuman, I mean) After they're finished with Bakuman, I want them to do TPCC. I sure as hell am interested.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

Bakuman is such an interesting manga; the life of two mangakas, it's never been made. It's probably one of my favorite mangas. I also like the way the two protagonists are drawn. And depending on the person's expression, of any of the characters, they look like real japanese people. And the last chapter that just came out today, I can't wait to see the results of their new manga. I hope they get serialized.

#4 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

It's one of my favourite mangas, too! biggrin.gif

The art and writing are excellent, and its unusual subject keeps me hooked. It's interesting to see how the world of manga works, and it did explain a few things I have seen. For example, why mangas such as Medaka Box suddenly turn into battle mangas (Oh, Medaka Box, you began with such an interesting idea... and now you're just yet another battle manga with superhumans facepalm.png ).

I have to agree that it probably won't be too long before Bakuman nears its end. If The Perfect Crime Club gets serialised, they just have to push for that anime - and get Azuki that job as the heroine. wink.gif

If only there were more unique stories like Bakuman and Death Note! Heh, Newkerz, it would be cool to see TPCC get serialised afterwards. laugh.gif

#5 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Chapter 86 is out: http://mangastream.c...uman/92537031/2

Well, the part with Azuki was wonderful, altough I think this stuff of not seeing each is getting kinda lame. And now Rage Time!!!

I serious can't believe how stupid those editors can be! So what? Not sure if they can win against Eiji? How can you say that even without launching the series. It's just like one of the guys at the meeting said, you never know until you try. Don't they remember shonen jump most famous series like Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball all started slow pacin, and then became they best sellers? oh well, guess they will make it anyway. Because if not, the series theme will be over.

Edited by alexander, 21 May 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#6 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

OMG!!!!! I can't believe they won't get serialized!! sad.gif
I mean, isn't the manga almost at it's end? Shouldn't it end with them getting an anime for their manga? How sad... in the end Mashiro won't get married with Azuki

AWW AND I WANTED TO SEE THEM GET MARRIES arg.gif

#7 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

Haven't read it... Should I check it out?

#8 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:01 AM

Yes. Yes you should. It's totally worth it! biggrin.gif

#9 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:37 AM

I think the chief will elaborate on his 'no.'

Remember the goal was to beat Crow and +Natural, not simply get serialized. =/

I think that the people who voted 'no' had good reason to believe that KTM wouldn't be able to compete because Crow is the fictional equivalent of the Big 3 which are invincable with ratings and +Natural is occupying the genre that Ashirogi is best at, taking away their chance to do an occult hit.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#10 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:52 AM

With Ashirogi hinting that they might try their luck at another magazine, I'm sorta hoping if they do fail, it will inspire a certain mangaka to get out of there (hint: D.A) fu.png. When he becomes famous globally, he can say to Jump, "take that f#%$ b%$#es!!" (while pointing the finger)

Edited by Newkerz, 22 May 2010 - 04:53 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#11 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

New Chapter Out: http://www.onemanga.com/Bakuman/87/01/

Personal thoughs --Click here to view--
Well, they made it in the end, but the interesting part is how everyone enlightened themselfs about the mistake of not serializing ashigori (unless the stupid editor in chief of course), and also, I can sense trouble with Isawa, since Hattori is no longer her editor, she will probally get dismotivated.

#12 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

I started reading it the day before yesterday! It is awesome!

#13 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ May 28 2010, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I started reading it the day before yesterday! It is awesome!

Isn't it? biggrin.gif Wonderful art, plot and characters.

I liked the trick Azuki pulled, looks like Mashiro and Takagi aren't the only ones who can do it. wink.gif

Now that Ashirogi have made it, here's hoping we get to peek at The Perfect Crime Club in the next issue! The change of editors will be very interesting...

#14 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

I'm really happy that they made it! However this certainly means that the manga is, indeed, coming to an end sad.gif
I hope there'll be an anime. It would be awesome! There was a total plot twist and I was surprised when, out of nowhere, they got in... I guess there weren't positive reviews on the last chapter or they knew all along that they would get serialized... Oh well, I can't wait for the next chapter!

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 30 May 2010 - 02:25 AM.

#15 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 30 2010, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't it? biggrin.gif Wonderful art, plot and characters.

I liked the trick Azuki pulled, looks like Mashiro and Takagi aren't the only ones who can do it. wink.gif

Now that Ashirogi have made it, here's hoping we get to peek at The Perfect Crime Club in the next issue! The change of editors will be very interesting...

Oh, yes...! It's my new obsession! smile.gif BTW, Thanks Britain 4 the 12 points!!!

COMING TO AN END? ALREADY? argh1.png

#16 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

New chapter Out: http://beta.onemanga.../Bakuman/88/01/

Oh, finally, Hattory is back where he should be, with Ashirogi duo, and damn, they just started and they had hundreds of new ideas already. I awais knew that Miura didnt fit there, and talking about him, I fell sorry for the guy, Isawa is gonna sue him, Lol. I tought she would be depressed for hattori not being her Editor anymore, but she got seriously angry instead. Is she gonna become a nutcase like Sasuke? laugh.gif

#17 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

New chapter is out: http://www.onemanga.com/Bakuman/89/01/

Quite interesting chapter, they showed one of the most simple, but also terrible problems: make the main character look interesting. Oh man, Hattori is the guy, just two weeks working with them and so much progress had being made, talking about a good editor. The christmas party was short and boring compared to the other, but the companionship/rivality between Eiji and Iwase was funny.

#18 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

Chapter 92 is out!

It was a cute chapter ^^

#19 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

He, a little romance for a break, really nice chapter, the artwork looked really soft, maybe because they used very little shadows. Man, for a random a character at the beggining, Iwase is turning quite a main antagonist, gosh, she is so annoying.
Eiji really changed too, I tought he was very annoying at first, but now he is like the best character. biggrin.gif
It was about time to Mashiro and Azuki to have some development and also some psycal contact. fu.png

Edited by alexander, 02 July 2010 - 07:35 PM.

#20 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

http://www.onemanga.com/Bakuman/93/01/

Chapter 93 is out! Horay, more Mashiro and Azuki development!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users