#81 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

Proofs you have TOP deck, pls.

I wouldn't have a clue how good my deck is, as I only play against my nephews, and even then they were the ones that made the deck, I have well over a thousand cards (most common duplicates I can't be bothered getting rid of,) preferred collecting than playing.

So in all honesty I can't say I have a top deck.

iAnby7W.gif

#82 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:37 AM

Latest Episode of Vrains was just simply amazing the way Yusaku took out Revolver was great finish, and also I'm really curious how his character is going to go as we progress throughout the series because I think this is the first time in a Yu-Gi-Oh! Series where the main protagonist wants to get revenge on essentially the main antagonist group i mean granted Yusei from 5ds had his moments too, but Yusaku is a different case.  Also Firewall Dragon is a badass straight up. Really curious about Aoi's role in all this especially with some upcoming moments with Yusaku whether or not their chemistry is gonna be platonic or not. Also Ignis is just simply hilarious. 

Yusaku's past for me is like the main hook to the series for me, and this episode continues to tease us in a good way building up to something that hopefully ends up being worthwhile.  I mean if Konami could pull off a wild card with Yuya in Arc V then they can do the same thing here. Plus I've said this before, but I like the fact that we've got a serious protagonist it's very rare we get one especially in Yu-Gi-Oh series outside of Yugi/Atem  and Yusei. 

What did you guys think of the latest episode? for those investing the time for VRAINS? 

Also my buddy J and I are gonna be doing a livestream discussion tomorrow on Episodes 11-12 via google+ at 10:30 PM Texas time so look out for that. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#83 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:40 PM

Yugioh has always been about  mostly platonic relationships with implied romance between the main characters :chuckle: not sure if it's gonna change with this one though. Also with the direction that this series took in the writing and how they established Yusaku's character, I can't help but feel there will be VERY contrived circumstances for him to interact with Go and Aoi from now on before they actually become friends. Truth be told the whole MC "is a revenge driven loner" idea makes the power of friendship theme less believable than usual right now, and the writers have their work cut out for  in how to make it believable that Yusaku will actually appreciate his  new future best friends, because I feel they can only do that if they completely change his character later on :mellow:  

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#84 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

My buddy J and I are doing a livestream discussion for Episodes 11 and 12 for Vrains: 

#85 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

Am i the only one who likes the old yu gi oh better than these new one??

I don't like how they instantly able to summon strong monster 2500++ attack 6 start++ in one turn on first turn , and if it's die it's soo easy to bring it back.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#86 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

Yeah it can be a little annoying that's one thing I'll say.. for me even though i use synchros and XYZ's to a degree, I will say old school is where it's at because there were alot of stragetic plays you could with the old cards even when it came to the GX era.  That's one thing that annoys me when it comes to each iteration of the yugioh generation its like the system itself changes which is smart cause it won't really make it stale, but it also hurts it too because you also some longtime fans that have been there since day one. So I completely understand where you're coming from. 

#87 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:06 AM

I reallyyyy love 5Ds and the original one! I need to check out the VRAINS when I get the chance, the MC looks interesting lol  :yes:

#88 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:13 AM

I reallyyyy love 5Ds and the original one! I need to check out the VRAINS when I get the chance, the MC looks interesting lol  :yes:

It is he's a little different from some of the other protagonist so he's kinda unique.  SO far I will say it's definitely captivating for sure especially when it comes to his goals like he is the main reason why I'm watching series aside from the duels. 

You'll definitely enjoy it.  There's only 14 episodes so far, just a heads up Episode 13 is a clipshow so you can easily skip it and jump straight to ep. 14 whenever you finish watching Episode 12. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 19 August 2017 - 03:13 AM.

#89 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:51 AM

It is he's a little different from some of the other protagonist so he's kinda unique.  SO far I will say it's definitely captivating for sure especially when it comes to his goals like he is the main reason why I'm watching series aside from the duels. 

You'll definitely enjoy it.  There's only 14 episodes so far, just a heads up Episode 13 is a clipshow so you can easily skip it and jump straight to ep. 14 whenever you finish watching Episode 12. 

I saw snippets of him dueling alongside a girl (she looked like a fairy). From what I saw, Yusaku sounded like he has a personality akin to Yusei's, but where Yusei was serious yet empathetic, he's more on the colder side of the spectrum? I hope I'm getting this right...

I got an anti-hero vibe off of him. It's a stark contrast to past MC's who were warm and good-willed. He seems like he couldn't care less lol

#90 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:55 AM

I saw snippets of him dueling alongside a girl (she looked like a fairy). From what I saw, Yusaku sounded like he has a personality akin to Yusei's, but where Yusei was serious yet empathetic, he's more on the colder side of the spectrum? I hope I'm getting this right...

I got an anti-hero vibe off of him. It's a stark contrast to past MC's who were warm and good-willed. He seems like he couldn't care less lol

That's actually a pretty accurate way to put it, and I think that's what really makes him stand out above the rest. 

I feel when it comes to Yusaku it's interesting because everything a mystery.. That's the big thing I feel this series has the mystery thriller aspect that just sucks you in and keeps you on the edge of your seat.  One thing I can say is we're gonna see a shift in his character it's just probably gonna take a while before we get to that point, and I'm totally fine with it as long as it feels like natural progression.

#91 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

That's actually a pretty accurate way to put it, and I think that's what really makes him stand out above the rest. 

I feel when it comes to Yusaku it's interesting because everything a mystery.. That's the big thing I feel this series has the mystery thriller aspect that just sucks you in and keeps you on the edge of your seat.  One thing I can say is we're gonna see a shift in his character it's just probably gonna take a while before we get to that point, and I'm totally fine with it as long as it feels like natural progression.

Right! It makes you wanna keep watching to figure out the rest!  :happy: (Btw his pink hair with his serious personality makes him almost charming imo lol)

#92 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:54 AM

True, and I guess that's one way you can put it. 

Btw forgot to mention my friend J and I are doing a livestream discussion on the latest episode:

incase anyone is wondering why I'm wearing the santa hat as opposed to my usual hat it's because I'm gonna be out of town next week and my cap was well packed up so the santa hat was the closest thing I could find. 

#93 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

Ok, so I watched the first episode:

The way this new system plays and how they duel actually reminds me of Megaman; people scanning and transferring their bodies to access a cyber dimension (a prettier one) filled with threats and other people. So it's a very high tech and linked world they got going there  :lol:

Not 100% clear on what a Charisma Dueler is yet, except for the fact that they're duelists lol  :sweatdrop: I wished they'd explain that...

#94 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:36 AM

Am i the only one who likes the old yu gi oh better than these new one??

I don't like how they instantly able to summon strong monster 2500++ attack 6 start++ in one turn on first turn , and if it's die it's soo easy to bring it back.

Hmm I''m on the fence about it. One the one hand I enjoy the older series' stories and characters more, but there are many things I enjoy about the newer series, Arc V and 5Ds in general. I will say though that at least the newer series' duels are actually about duels and the plot armour that the main characters have is more often the cards they use rather changing the rules to suit their needs or needing a supernatural force to bail them out 

#95 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:06 AM

VRAINS is fast becoming my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh series, which is impressive since I've been riding the GX train for years. The latest episode's cliffhanger has me invested in a way I haven't been since the Dark Signers of 5Ds.

#96 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

That's good :happy:

#97 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

The last thing I saw was the duel between Playmaker and Ghost Girl.  That was a pretty interesting duel if I do say so myself, and I'm only two episodes behind at the moment. How have they been, just out of curiosity? 

#98 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

The last thing I saw was the duel between Playmaker and Ghost Girl.  That was a pretty interesting duel if I do say so myself, and I'm only two episodes behind at the moment. How have they been, just out of curiosity? 

The episodes are good, but it's the cliffhanger that the latest episode left off on that has me intrigued in what's going on. It's hard to describe without getting spoilery.

#99 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:28 PM

I really like episode 16-17 so far :happy:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 September 2017 - 11:28 PM.

#100 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:41 AM

My buddy J and I are doing a Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS Livestream on Episodes 15-16: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users