The Great NaruSaku Doujinshi Contest!

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#101 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:56 PM

Ugh, I just tried to read a doujin, and got halfway through before realizing that I was reading it from last page to first, and so that was why I wasn't understanding the story. Maybe you should make some kind of note on the announcement Smiter, to just let people know to scroll forward until they get to the first page of the doujin, and *then* start reading it.

#102 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:01 AM

I was doin the same thing. But if you click on the title of the doujinskee you can see the page numbers on most of 'em.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#103 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:04 AM

Hehe... the images still showing up in reverse order in the albums, so yea I know what you mean, Sakura-jie. Unless you remember that it's backwards, we're all so tempted to click the first picture we see. If Smiter cannot fix the settings for the albums, each contestant can manually change the options on their albums.

From my last post:
Eh... I went and tweaked the setting in my albums. I put it so it is display "uploaded by ascending from the beginning." All it does is when you click on the album, the pages show from oldest to newest, but the thumbnail is still the most recent pic =.=

If you do that, the thumbnail for the album is the most recent, but the images should show up in the correct order at first to last from left to right.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#104 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 6 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, I just tried to read a doujin, and got halfway through before realizing that I was reading it from last page to first, and so that was why I wasn't understanding the story. Maybe you should make some kind of note on the announcement Smiter, to just let people know to scroll forward until they get to the first page of the doujin, and *then* start reading it.

I brought this issue up earlier, where my entry was displayed backwards. I tried fixing it manually, but nothing I did worked, and many of the earlier entries had the same problems as well. In fact, I think only 2 of them are displayed from beginning to end. If you're not getting it, go to the so-called "last" page, and read from there.

#105 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:35 AM

I can't believe that you guys actually managed to pull off that joint entry! It must've taken a lot of work!

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#106 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

I've read most of them and they seem quite nice, its cool how it isn't just the same styles and that their all unique. happy.gif

#107 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

OK, it's voting time!

1. You get one vote. - Read through the contest entries carefully, and take your time thinking before you cast your vote. Those who entered the contest cannot vote.
  2. Be clear! Make sure you clearly state which doujinshi you are voting for!
  3. You cannot change your vote! So, make sure you are 100% certain with your vote!
  4. You cast your vote by private message. Send me a private message, titled "Doujinshi Vote"!

Voting ends on 11:59pm British time (GMT +1) on Friday 12th June!

The winner will be announced on Saturday the 13th of June.

In the (hopefully unlikely) event there is a draw, I will make a casting vote. (I will not be voting unless that happens)

So, get voting! biggrin.gif

#108 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:42 PM

Voted a_thumbs.gif

#109 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Jun 7 2009, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe that you guys actually managed to pull off that joint entry! It must've taken a lot of work!

XD well yeah but it was easier since the workload was all spread out. I figured since I was the one that dragged them into it, it would be okay if they did less pages or ..something. >> Also I couldn't help adding more than one page to the mix. But then by the end of it, it... didn't make as much sense as I thought it would D8

AH WELL I digress-- it was fun and YOKOCHYAN EVEN INKED ALL THE PAGES ZOMG. 8D Didn't see that coming. She's full of win, that one :teehee:

LEECHYAN WE SHOULD COLLABO ONE DAY :B LEARN TO COLOR Y/Y? XD

and since my post was deleted, wtfizzles it was on-topic ninja mod; shout-out to the team gawsh

4EVAR!

Those who entered the contest cannot vote.

:<

#110 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:19 PM

Get your votes in today! a_dance.gif

#111 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

Voted

#112 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

I voted!
I feel good now. happy.gif

#113 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:57 PM

I voted
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#114 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

I also voted.

But picking one of them was torturous! happy.gif

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#115 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

Votteeeeeed. biggrin.gif

#116 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

The deadline has passed, and voting is over!

Thanks to everyone who voted. biggrin.gif I'll be carefully counting up the results after I've had some sleep, and will announce the results soon.

#117 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:14 AM

I forgot to vote CRAP and I picked one too just didn't get around to voting sad.gif

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#118 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Jun 12 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I forgot to vote CRAP and I picked one too just didn't get around to voting sad.gif

Yeah, same thing with me happy.gif ;

Maybe our favouritest most awesomest most loved Smiter will allow our votes to be counted wow.png

Pweeeaassseee Smitey. Pretty please with a cherry on top <333!

#119 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

Haha! laugh.gif Oops. XD No more voting! >8D

Actually, I had debated with myself yesterday on whether or not I should vote. 8D Then I fell asleep. The next day, it was closed. :]]

I decided against it, since ALL of the entries were awesome! I really liked loved them all! wink.gif

Thus, I couldn't vote because...it was hard to pick one. My reason is stated above. Oh well. happy.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

Edited by Shadowmoon-Sakura, 13 June 2009 - 12:20 PM.

#120 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Shadowmoon-Sakura @ Jun 13 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha! laugh.gif Oops. XD No more voting! >8D

Actually, I had debated with myself yesterday on whether or not I should vote. 8D Then I fell asleep. The next day, it was closed. :]]

I decided against it, since ALL of the entries were awesome! I really liked loved them all! wink.gif

Thus, I couldn't vote because...it was hard to pick one. My reason is stated above. Oh well. happy.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

Poor little Shadowmoon-kun should get some more sleepy-byes and nap times!

:teehee:

(Unless it was time for you to sleep biggrin.gif)

Edited by Xabsol, 13 June 2009 - 03:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users