Close
Photo

Who's starting to give up on NS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

Poll: Who starting to give up on NS (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Are u giving up on NS

1. yes (5 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. no (151 votes [94.38%])

Percentage of vote: 94.38%

3. there's no pairing in Naruto's age group anyways (4 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote

#41 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jul 18 2008, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shouldn't really compare Harry Potter and Naruto....it's not the same situation or anything.
Just saying, don't get mad at me.

*Shrugs*

I see lots of parallels between the two series, and that's barely touching on the amazing creatures (giant toads/dragons and griffins, the 'chosen' one (Naruto/Harry), the ultimate evil (Voldy and the Death Eaters - Madara/Tobi/Akatsuki), amazing powers (Harry and his great powers/Naruto and his practically unlimited chakra, and the nine-tails), best friends and close relationships with people, who either end up helping you greatly or betraying you terribly.

#42 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

Well if you are going to compare them then you may as well compare Naruto with hundreds of other series with similar situations in your point of view, with each one haveing a different outcome.....but whatever, I suppose it's how a person percieves these things.

#43 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (L @ Jul 17 2008, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I'm naive then because I saw FAR more development between Harry and Hermoine than Ron and Hermoine.

I don't know what books you were reading, because they sure weren't the same ones I got.
QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 17 2008, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then going by your argument, then it's just as naive for *us* to try to hold out for anything to happen with NaruSaku, because Kishimoto is essentially developing them as 'best friends', who also 'happen' to be the two main characters.

That's an absurd comparison. Aside from Naruto and Harry both being the titular protagonists, the two sets of characters are nothing alike.
QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jul 17 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shouldn't really compare Harry Potter and Naruto....it's not the same situation or anything.
Just saying, don't get mad at me.

Quoted for truth and sense.
QUOTE (L @ Jul 17 2008, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Precisely, Harry Potter was the lead male role in the books (obviously since the books are named after him) and Hermoine was the female lead and they had far more interaction together than Hermoine ever did with Ron.

On screen interaction. The books were written from Harry's perspective, so any time Ron and Hermione spent together when Harry wasn't around wouldn't make it in.

"On page" interaction?

Also, your assumption that they should get together simply because they're the two main characters of either gender is again...absurd. That's not the way fiction works. To be honest, it would be boring and trite if it was.

I'm not trying to put you guys down or anything, so please forgive me if I'm coming off that way. I just think you're letting your desires for what you'd like to happen override your ability to analyze the story objectively. I've caught myself doing it many times before, so I know it happens.

Regardless, we should probably make another thread somewhere if we want to keep talking about this.

#44 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jul 18 2008, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if you are going to compare them then you may as well compare Naruto with hundreds of other series with similar situations in your point of view, with each one haveing a different outcome.....but whatever, I suppose it's how a person percieves these things.

Which is exactly why I said:

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 18 2008, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*I*see lots of parallels between the two series

#45 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:23 AM

To be fair, you could draw parallels between any two works of fiction. It all depends on how specific you want to be. If I were eloquent enough, I could have you convinced that Through the Looking Glass and Twilight were the same story written by different authors.

Edited by Illjwamh, 18 July 2008 - 07:24 AM.

#46 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jul 18 2008, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be fair, you could draw parallels between any two works of fiction. It all depends on how specific you want to be. If I were eloquent enough, I could have you convinced that Through the Looking Glass and Twilight were the same story written by different authors.

And...why are you replying to a post, where I am essentially saying that what I feel on all of this is 'IMO' only, and I said nothing further after that to end this debate, and continue on with the main topic mellow.gif

#47 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jul 18 2008, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll give up on NaruSaku when I'm......30 years old if it hasn't happened.

hahahha this sounds like marriage.

"After 30 I'm giving up on men and buying a cat." oh the start of the crazy cat lady....

And I'm so happy to hear others thought there was no pairing development for Harry/Ginny. My friends said I was just a "hater." haha

Much love
D

Love is everything.

#48 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 18 2008, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And...why are you replying to a post, where I am essentially saying that what I feel on all of this is 'IMO' only, and I said nothing further after that to end this debate, and continue on with the main topic mellow.gif

That's a good question. I don't really know.

I never doubted you see parallels between the two series. I see them too. Some of them are blatantly obvious, though I'm willing to bet none of them were intentional. There just aren't very many original ideas left in the world of fiction.

Besides, I wasn't really debating you; I was merely commenting on how easy it is to make comparisons between different works of fiction.

The "IMO" tag was kind of unnecessary anyway, since it pretty much goes without saying that just about everything we say in discussions like this is going to be our own opinion. I've yet to get into a serious discussion with somebody wherein I find myself arguing someone else's opinion.

Lastly, I really hope this didn't end up escalating into an argument, because I was honestly enjoying debating the two of you and it would make me sad if you guys weren't. What's the point otherwise?

EDIT: I was ninja'd, so I had to go back and quote you.

Also, I appear to be a chuunin now. Hooray!

Edited by Illjwamh, 18 July 2008 - 07:39 AM.

#49 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:44 AM

I must agree that debating is fun, especially with opinions ever since I converted 2 friends of mine from NaruHina/SasuSaku to NaruSaku.

However we should get back on topic as stated.

I'm glad it sounds like marriage to you Destiny smile.gif

Edited by Kyuudaime, 18 July 2008 - 07:45 AM.

#50 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jul 18 2008, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must agree that debating is fun, especially with opinions ever since I converted 2 friends of mine from NaruHina/SasuSaku to NaruSaku.

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jul 18 2008, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lastly, I really hope this didn't end up escalating into an argument

Hm? Oh, not at all XD

But let's create a new topic for this, if we wanna debate it further, and leave this poor topic in peace XD

#51 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:07 AM

*deftly dodges the RonHermioneHarry train* tongue.gif

NEVER! XD

I may have calmed down a little from my early NaruSaku shipping days, but I love the pairing even more these days. There's this great dynamic between Naruto and Sakura - their personalities, the way they interact, the way it can so easily be developed into a good romance in fanfics without either Naruto or Sakura going OOC. (OOC LoveyDovey!Sasuke = SCARY. DX)

As well as the main focus of the Naruto manga, which Shauna and others have brought up, it is also worth bearing in mind that Naruto Part One lasted for over five years. Those very early NaruSaku fans waited five years for that Promise of a Lifetime scene.

Now that we are in Part Two, Kishimoto is hinting at Naruto and Sakura having feelings for each other. But that doesn't mean things will suddenly accelerate. It is still far, far too early for any confessions/kisses. Hell, Sakura isn't sure what Yamato and Sai were hinting at. It will probably take a long while before she can figure out there's something between her and Naruto.

Hell, we may still be waiting five years later. laugh.gif

#52 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

That's kinda what I was thinking, and I honestly don't see Naruto and Sakura getting together until they're at least in their twenties.

#53 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

Actually i don't think we will see any Narusaku moments untill the next battle they are together.

Or something related to Pein and avenging Jiraya.

Because right now the "lets get Sasuke back" kinda faded away.

#54 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 18 2008, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like what JK did to all of the Harry/Hermoine fans, with her completely-random-straight-out-of-the-blue pairing up of Harry and Ginny, after establishing so much groundwork with Harry and Hermoine >.>

Oh come on biggrin.gif. She even said herself that anyone who thought Harry and Hermione were getting together was "delusional" (her words not mine). She's been telegraphing, with "anvil sized clues" (her words, not mine), Ron/Hermione from Book 1. I remember by book 3, I was already writing Ron/Hermione fanfiction. It was blatant. In my opinion it was pretty hard to miss where she was going with that, and they are still to this date one of my favorite parings to read. I still can't imagine what book Harry/Hermione fans were reading to believe it would ever go that way.

Ron/Hermione reminds of NaruSaku a lot actually. Sakura is basically ninja!Hermione and Naruto is a lot closer to Ron than Harry in personality, talent and reputation. Naruto may be the lead and Sakura may be the lead female, but that's not why I ship them. If Kishimoto didn't give me anything other than that I probably would have put my money on SasuSaku.

If Kishimoto even telegraphs NaruSaku to the extent that Jo did Ron/Hermione I will be feasting on the bitter, bitter tears of the NaruHina shippers, because it will be obvious. And the fact that you have pictures instead of text will make it less likely that people misinterpret the clues.

But anyways, still waiting for NaruSaku. I hope we get something during Sakura's arc. I mean come on.

Edited by Leney, 18 July 2008 - 12:09 PM.

WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#55 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Leney @ Jul 18 2008, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh come on biggrin.gif. She even said herself that anyone who thought Harry and Hermione were getting together was "delusional" (her words not mine). She's been telegraphing, with "anvil sized clues" (her words, not mine), Ron/Hermione from Book 1. I remember by book 3, I was already writing Ron/Hermione fanfiction. It was blatant. In my opinion it was pretty hard to miss where she was going with that, and they are still to this date one of my favorite parings to read. I still can't imagine what book Harry/Hermione fans were reading to believe it would ever go that way.

Ron/Hermione reminds of NaruSaku a lot actually. Sakura is basically ninja!Hermione and Naruto is a lot closer to Ron than Harry in personality, talent and reputation. Naruto may be the lead and Sakura may be the lead female, but that's not why I ship them. If Kishimoto didn't give me anything other than that I probably would have put my money on SasuSaku.

If Kishimoto even telegraphs NaruSaku to the extent that Jo did Ron/Hermione I will be feasting on the bitter, bitter tears of the NaruHina shippers, because it will be obvious. And the fact that you have pictures instead of text will make it less likely that people misinterpret the clues.

...Wow...do you like...do this on purpose, Leney...like purposely go out of your way to either ignore something, over-debate something, or continue to beat the amazingly dead horse into the ground, especially when the subject has been told to be, and has in fact already been DROPPED by everyone else huh.gif

#56 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 18 2008, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*deftly dodges the RonHermioneHarry train* tongue.gif

NEVER! XD

I may have calmed down a little from my early NaruSaku shipping days, but I love the pairing even more these days. There's this great dynamic between Naruto and Sakura - their personalities, the way they interact, the way it can so easily be developed into a good romance in fanfics without either Naruto or Sakura going OOC. (OOC LoveyDovey!Sasuke = SCARY. DX)

As well as the main focus of the Naruto manga, which Shauna and others have brought up, it is also worth bearing in mind that Naruto Part One lasted for over five years. Those very early NaruSaku fans waited five years for that Promise of a Lifetime scene.

Now that we are in Part Two, Kishimoto is hinting at Naruto and Sakura having feelings for each other. But that doesn't mean things will suddenly accelerate. It is still far, far too early for any confessions/kisses. Hell, Sakura isn't sure what Yamato and Sai were hinting at. It will probably take a long while before she can figure out there's something between her and Naruto.

Hell, we may still be waiting five years later. laugh.gif

Hmm...... I think that you've been distracted. We need you Smiter! Job, family.... Only after NaruSaku.

Seriously, though, I said no, but none of the answers fit me. It's not that I don't think there were be any pairings of his age group. I think there probably will, it's that I think that him not pairing anyone of Team 7 is at least as likely as him pairing them.

I haven't given up by any means and if he does do a Team pairing seven, I believe it'll be NaruSaku.

#57 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 18 2008, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like what JK did to all of the Harry/Hermoine fans, with her completely-random-straight-out-of-the-blue pairing up of Harry and Ginny, after establishing so much groundwork with Harry and Hermoine >.>

Thank you! Talk about your WTF moments. I beg Kishi, I dont think I can handle something like that again.

EDIT: Sorry dint read all the post so dint know you guys were trying to drop it, my bad.

Edited by lolaMarie, 18 July 2008 - 07:18 PM.

#58 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 18 2008, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Wow...do you like...do this on purpose, Leney...like purposely go out of your way to either ignore something, over-debate something, or continue to beat the amazingly dead horse into the ground, especially when the subject has been told to be, and has in fact already been DROPPED by everyone else huh.gif

Oh come on; can't blame folks for getting here late!

laugh.gif

#59 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

as far as tai/sora, WE GOT ROBBED YALL.

But n/s will be alright i mean i wish we couldve had some moments right now but what can you do? (except capture kishi and force him to do so ninja.gif)

#60 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:49 PM

Wow...I've just missed the war tongue.gif

Anyways, I'm never giving up on the pairing. I've liked it since the beginning and I'll never stop liking it, even if it won't happen. That is what being a true fan is all about rawr.gif =3
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users