Close
Photo

Can people still say SasuSaku can happen?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

#21 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 17 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I was being insanely sarcastic in the second part anways, so it's all good. XD

Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin would count too wouldn't she? I thought she was an amusing character under the "Angry Girl" syndrome. XD

I wasn't quite replying to your second comment. I just forgot to remove that part. tongue.gif

To answer your second comment, I'm sure she would(from what I hear) but I haven't got around to watching Ruroni Kenshin quite yet. tongue.gif

#22 DasDeke

DasDeke

In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sancti.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Anime,Music, Poetry,Writing,Video Games,Photography, Computers, Bushido,Tattoos,Philosophy

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

Pretty much in a nutshell most people here have covered the Sakura/Sasuke Pairing base.

If the pairing does happen, I'd most likely stop reading the manga.

#23 Sakura Uzumaki

Sakura Uzumaki

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Well, i've got lots of interests...<br /><br />Naruto, of course, basketball, Handball, volleyball, football, skating, watching TV or Youtube, playing X-Box 360, reading, and drawing pictures (mostly Sakura and/or Naruto ^^ i'll upload some of them very soon)

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:56 PM

I don't like the Idea after the timeskip Sasuke comes back and then Sakura would love him as she did at the beginning of the Story. I think one of her streghts is her possibility to develope, away from her fairy tale with Sasske towards the real love to Naruto. It would destroy my image of her if she would fall in love with Sasuke again who always treated her like crap and well, I think pigs would rather fly than Sasske getting interested in Sakura. huh.gif

#24 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 18 2007, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I was being insanely sarcastic in the second part anways, so it's all good. XD

Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin would count too wouldn't she? I thought she was an amusing character under the "Angry Girl" syndrome. XD

Well from what I've seen, the "Angry Girl" usually hits the guy when he does something stupid or wrong, or anything that annoys her. For instance, Naruto is always trying to get Sakura's attention, even when she had no interest in him; hell, I'd say she hated him, so it's understandable if Sakura hit him then.

There's also that one part where Naruto tells Konohamaru that Sakura's his girlfriend RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER, so of course Naruto had that one coming. Fast forward to the preliminaries, and we see Naruto imply that he thought Lee was dumb. Sakura bonked him over the head for blatantly insulting him.

Other then that, Sakura doesn't outright beat the **** out of Naruto like most haters think she does. That's what disgusts me in this fandom. They expect a twelve year old female anime character to know any better. In part two, Sakura knows A LOT better. Though she still bonks him over the head, but it's much more held back then before.

The only times she's hit Naruto was when he was acting perverted right in front of her, and the second time was when he said she had monstrous strength.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#25 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (DasDeke @ Mar 18 2007, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much in a nutshell most people here have covered the Sakura/Sasuke Pairing base.

If the pairing does happen, I'd most likely stop reading the manga.

BlackLightning did.

Some of the other characterizations, not so much. They tended to get the stereotypes instead.

#26 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

I dunno. :X I still think SasuSaku still has a pretty high probability of happening. I mean, if Naruto completely succeeds in bringing Sasuke back, to the fullest extent of his promise, Sasuke will go back to being the way he use to be before he stopped caring about his teammates. (I'm not way off on this, am I? I think saving Sasuke's life is only part of the reason, I think the other is to get thinks back to the way they use to be.)
In the first half of Part 1, there was just as much evidence that Sasuke liked Sakura as that Sakura liked Naruto, if not more. The "Love-Triangle" idea has been there since the beginning, it wouldn't surprise me if, when Sasuke came back, it gets resurrected (hehe, though maybe in reverse, now that Sakura is more sweet on Naruto... Okay I'll get out of my fanfiction. v.v). The probability that SasuSaku happens increases dramatically in the event that Naruto dies in the end, which a lot of my SasuSaku friends believe will happen.
And besides, smile.gif we all know that Pairings are based on faith to some degree (lol, that's how we got through Part 1! XD). Logic doesn't have to be a factor. ^^

#27 Fruits Basket Fan

Fruits Basket Fan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 07:15 PM

Well, yes that is true! Faith plays a large role in fandom over pairings. It is just it seems that Kishimoto-san is intentionally making NarutoxSakura moments because he wants them to be together (or if Naruto dies, at least for both of them to understand each other better). sad.gif

It is true, in part, Sakura said "I like you to the point of death or I really really like you" instead of saying "I love you with all my heart!" I know it might not mean anything but I am just pointing it out because some translators mistranslated what Sakura said!

Obviously, that does not take away Sakura's love for Sasuke way back in part 1, and she still cares for him (yet, we do not if it is romanticly speaking). I hope that NarutoxSakura would happen because of all the hints, but if it does not, then SakuraxSasuke would have to be developed from scratch because of Sasuke's almost 3 year departure!

And yes, I really hate it when SakuraxSasuke fans think that it will happen because of stupid fanarts! :blink:

#28 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

In the first half of Part 1, there was just as much evidence that Sasuke liked Sakura as that Sakura liked Naruto, if not more.

Being honest, I only saw two actual moments in Part 1 that actually could be construed as hinting that he might like her. Beyond that, it's been slapping things out of her hands, putting her down and making her feel bad, which I've seen many try to make into moments.

And I didn't find much evidence in Part 1 that she liked Naruto. Thats she was starting to grow fonder of him, yes, but she basically hated him for about the first half of Part 1.

Sasuke will go back to being the way he use to be before he stopped caring about his teammates.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is this. Even if he came back, went back to the way he was and all, things have changed. Him going completely back to the way he used to be is a hard sell for me anyways. We change due to the experiences we have in life, and he's been with some nasty people for some years. He has indeed changed. He's not outright evil or a total loss, but he's not who he was, which wasn't all that great a person to begin with. I think there's enough evidence to show that.

For another thing, while they still care about him a lot, you gotta figure Naruto and Sakura's perception of him has changed as well. He's shown himself willing to do some nasty things in pursuit of power, and it doesn't mesh with the way they used to view him. I doubt things would ever truely be kosher again if he came back.

Sasuke can't wash away his actions so far completely. Betraying everyone and seeming perfectly willing to kill his former closest friends because they got in his way. In any realistic setting, there's little way that they could ever fully trust him again. There would always be that seed of doubt. That's the thing about betrayal. Barring certain few, extrenuating circumstances, you'll never get back what you threw away. And even with said circumstances, there's never complete trust again, as one might wonder "would he do that again if put into similar circumstances?". Sasuke has that seed of betrayal in him. That jealousy and lust for other things. It'd be next to impossible to wash the perceptions he's given away completely, no matter how much they care about him.

I do sometimes think people put too much stock into what Sakura thought of him in Part 1 and how much she liked him. In how much she liked her idealized version of him. But that topic has been done to death in all the threads on Heaven and Earth, so I'll cut it off here. XD
bd5.jpg

#29 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 18 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, one thing to keep in mind is this. Even if he came back, went back to the way he was and all, things have changed. Him going completely back to the way he used to be is a hard sell for me anyways. We change due to the experiences we have in life, and he's been with some nasty people for some years. He has indeed changed. He's not outright evil or a total loss, but he's not who he was, which wasn't all that great a person to begin with. I think there's enough evidence to show that.

For another thing, while they still care about him a lot, you gotta figure Naruto and Sakura's perception of him has changed as well. He's shown himself willing to do some nasty things in pursuit of power, and it doesn't mesh with the way they used to view him. I doubt things would ever truely be kosher again if he came back.

Sasuke can't wash away his actions so far completely. Betraying everyone and seeming perfectly willing to kill his former closest friends because they got in his way. In any realistic setting, there's little way that they could ever fully trust him again. There would always be that seed of doubt. That's the thing about betrayal. Barring certain few, extrenuating circumstances, you'll never get back what you threw away. And even with said circumstances, there's never complete trust again, as one might wonder "would he do that again if put into similar circumstances?". Sasuke has that seed of betrayal in him. That jealousy and lust for other things. It'd be next to impossible to wash the perceptions he's given away completely, no matter how much they care about him.

I don't disagree with what you're saying; I personally think Sasuke coming home and everything being back to the way it was would be cheap and unrealistic. I merely implied that if Naruto would fulfill his promise to absolute fullest, fullest Sasuke will go back to the way he was before Itachi reappeared and he had that talk with the Sound 4. He wasn't such a bad person before then; he wouldn't've turnned over his friends, he would have given his life for them, as shown by the Zabuza Fight and the Gaara fight. I honestly believe that Itachi's resurfacing in his life led him to throw away his humanity and I think it's that humanity that Naruto and Sakura will eventually get back, which is how they'll save him. Cause honestly, if Sasuke was just a jerk like he is currently, and Naruto honestly believes that that's just the way Sasuke is, he wouldn't be trying to save him so bad.

#30 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:46 PM

I agree. Sasuke did care about them. He would have given his life for them. But loyalties change.

And he was always a jerk on some level. He was kinda rotten to both of them when he was with Team 7 at times. Also kinda seperated himself from them at times. I'm of the belief that the Team 7 dynamic was never really stable at all, and he was a big catalyst in it. Now he's more then just a jerk. He's evil. He'll likely go back to how he was to some degree, but I don't agree on him being the greatest person around. A completely terrible person? No, but not the best person. He's more evil now then a jerk.

Another thing. I don't believe it's really completely about the promise anymore. I think that Naruto just has a lot of faith, whether it is misguided has yet to be shown, and wants his "brother" back. The strange thing about it is that he fights so hard for something so small. Instead of being like brothers, they became more like rivals and enemies, trying to one up the other. It wasn't so much a brother bond to me as a rivalry, and he fights so hard to get it back. Though, considering how much he cherishes even the smallest, meaningless thing anybody does for him, maybe it's not that strange.

But either way, I think that now it's more Naruto wants to believe in him and bring him back then the promise. I don't doubt that plays a bit of a role in it, but it seems like it's become more Naruo wanting him back. Sakura was willing to absolve him of the promise and wanted to save Sasuke for him.

I think I just overclarified my point again and made it more convoluted then I intended. O_o;;;

I think there will be a redemption. I honestly do. But I don't think Sasuke can completely go back to how he was before. Like I said, he's changed. He can still be redeemed, I think, but never be exactly who he was before. That would also be kinda unrealistic. Naruto and Sakura have changed. So has he.

This is even if he survives the end of the manga. Either way, I kinda doubt he could go back to Konoha, considering he's basically a missing nin.

Once again, marvel at my unnecesarily long post that probably repeats itself! @_@
bd5.jpg

#31 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:56 PM

Well, as was said in the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight by Naruto himself, Sasuke was one of his first and he will do anything to protect it. sleep.gif I always thought about it as a rivalry thing, too, until that thing popped up.

#32 Fruits Basket Fan

Fruits Basket Fan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:07 AM

Well, yes that is true! The reason why Naruto tries so hard is because that is one of his first bonds (brotherhood with Sasuke) and will take precedence even more than NarutoxSakura (because this is a shonen manga)! laugh.gif Mostly because Naruto considers his bond with Sasuke as an established bond, while with Sakura it is more of like a bond that he wishes he can have, but does not have (at least not yet).

At least Sasuke was able to keep some of his emotions as a human being, unlike Orochimaru, but I would think he would not hold back against killing Naruto and/or Sakura if they get in his way with path for vengeance! But it is possible for him to repent!

#33 Kakashi117

Kakashi117

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:47 AM

HELL NO!!!!! sasusaku cant happen now its naruskau all the way from now on
THE CLOSER YOU GET TO THE LIGHT THE GREATER YOUR SHADOW BECOMES

#34 Nasir

Nasir

Who dare makes my ebony haired goddess upset??

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Soritia @ Mar 18 2007, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno. :X I still think SasuSaku still has a pretty high probability of happening. I mean, if Naruto completely succeeds in bringing Sasuke back, to the fullest extent of his promise, Sasuke will go back to being the way he use to be before he stopped caring about his teammates. (I'm not way off on this, am I? I think saving Sasuke's life is only part of the reason, I think the other is to get thinks back to the way they use to be.)
In the first half of Part 1, there was just as much evidence that Sasuke liked Sakura as that Sakura liked Naruto, if not more. The "Love-Triangle" idea has been there since the beginning, it wouldn't surprise me if, when Sasuke came back, it gets resurrected (hehe, though maybe in reverse, now that Sakura is more sweet on Naruto... Okay I'll get out of my fanfiction. v.v). The probability that SasuSaku happens increases dramatically in the event that Naruto dies in the end, which a lot of my SasuSaku friends believe will happen.
And besides, smile.gif we all know that Pairings are based on faith to some degree (lol, that's how we got through Part 1! XD). Logic doesn't have to be a factor. ^^

wow sasusaku would really be a lonely pairing....i mean putting all arguements aside, who would talk to sasuke after what he did?, i mean the rest of rookie 9 + team gai didnt even have ANY sort of communication with him, maybe Ino but thats it....i mean if Naruto did die, u can guess off the bat that tsunade (the hokage) is gonna hate him because he troupbled naruto, jiraiya (even though he doesnt know him very well) will hate him since it will remind him of his past experienes with orochimaru (selling soul for power blah blah etc etc),Kakashi will probably keep in contact with him, yamato hell no (he stabbed him!!), sai probably since he knew that sasuke was naruto's best friend, Gaara would definatly hate him (dont know why, dont ask...a gut feeling), his brother already hates (if not hate then is not interested in him),orochimaru (if he's still alive) will obviously come back for revenge (and his body lmao) (he's got 3 saanin out to get him, not a position you want to be in...) , and i doubt that he'll go without punishment for his betrayal, yep.......Sakura has ALOT of obstacles to overcome if she really wants it to happen......then after that there's always sasuke's b*t*h attitude.......

#35 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 18 2007, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do sometimes think people put too much stock into what Sakura thought of him in Part 1 and how much she liked him. In how much she liked her idealized version of him.

Yeah, it was a crush on an ideal of Sasuke that he never was, but Naruto partly was. By the Chunin Exams I can see Sakura is starting to realize this. She just kind of holds onto that ideal of Sasuke as she sees him sliding into the darkness, I think as a desperate hope that will keep him from making that horrible choice. Her pleading as he's leaving is on the edge of a nervous breakdown. In her heart she already knows as she's pleading that it's all an illusion. Once Naruto comes back severely injured and depressed over his failure in his promise, you can already see her heart is moving toward a real love with Naruto. Sakura has drawn away from any romantic feelings for Sasuke, her reaction to the SasukexSai sexy jutsu shows that. She got excited because it was two gay bishi guys. If it was a guy she actually had romantic feelings for she would have reacted as jealous and angry not turned on, she wouldn't want to see him with anyone but herself.

Sasuke was never interested in Sakura romantically. At his best he saw her as a weak girl that had to be protected, most the time he was putting her down as "useless" etc... Sakura had little self esteem back then, and around Sasuke none. She's a self assured young woman now. She was going to attack Sasuke with a chakra backed punch to protect Naruto, before Yamato jumped in front of her. She saw how he was and it clearly ended the fragments of any romantic feelings left.

Even if Sasuke comes back and returns to his part 1 personality, at it's best, Sakura won't go back to her part 1 personality. Her heart is with Naruto now and they've made too deep a bond with each other for anyone else to be even a blip on their radars. Sasuke will have to fit himself back into a Team 7 that is quite different from the one he knew. He'll have to adjust to a Sakura who isn't his cheeleader and is a strong self assured young woman. He'll have to adjust to his best friend who is far more cunning a ninja, and isn't that hyperactive kid he remembers. He'll have to adjust to Sai as well, who has become part of the team. He'll have to adjust to seeing a lot of people look at him with contempt and distrust as a traitor. He'll have to adjust to hearing people say the name Uchiha as a virtual curse word, and trash the clan to his face, and he and Itachi as the lowest of the low of that clan. It isn't going to be a pleasant experience for Sasuke in any shape or form. There's no chance of Sasusaku anymore.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#36 maayabee

maayabee

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:48 AM

You know what would solve this? OT3 NaruSakuSasu happy.gif. Threesomes always solve shipping wars.

I don't believe that SasuSaku is going to happen in canon. at the same time, NaruSaku ain't happening either. As much as I love NaruSaku, I have a sinking suspicion that Kishimoto is just going to end the manga in a friendship tone for everyone. 'Cuz he is just cruel like that. happy.gif

#37 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 24 2007, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke was never interested in Sakura romantically. At his best he saw her as a weak girl that had to be protected, most the time he was putting her down as "useless" etc... Sakura had little self esteem back then, and around Sasuke none. She's a self assured young woman now. She was going to attack Sasuke with a chakra backed punch to protect Naruto, before Yamato jumped in front of her. She saw how he was and it clearly ended the fragments of any romantic feelings left.

Actually, I think Sasuke considered her a friend but nothing more than that. He was too obsessed with his revenge to even think about girls other than being annoying. While I won't disagree with you that Sasuke put Sakura down and called her "useless," I always got the impression that he did care for her as a friend from the few moments he was nice to her.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#38 Fruits Basket Fan

Fruits Basket Fan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

Personally, what I noticed was that Sakura's hair in the beginning of part 1 was sort of similar to Sasuke's mother. I do agree that Sasuke did care for Sakura as a friend, but maybe when they got to be a team together, he might of just seen her as an annoyance (he did said that) but did care for her almost as if it is a motherxson relationship! Again, this is just a theory or speculation because all Sakura saw in Sasuke was sorrow and someone had to be with Sasuke which made her the likely candidate to support and heal Sasuke, even if he is being a jerk to her.

Compare to Naruto (even in part 1), Sakura later on showed no evidence that she was attracted to Sasuke's real personality or character at all, but instead just hang in there feeling angst and trying to heal Sasuke (kind of like a mother or sister). With Naruto though, even when she was focusing on Sasuke's condition, she smiles and remembers fondly of Naruto's personality and character, after all he is the "goofball" that saved her from Gaara and reassured her that Sasuke was going to be okay! smile.gif

#39 taker5400

taker5400

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:manga/anime<br />electric guitar<br />metallica<br />finding flaws in the world<br />drawing manga/anime

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:18 AM

from what i've seen in forums sasusaku fans say arguements from part 1 and then say that they feel sorry for us that we're wrong and wasting our time.

#40 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:21 PM

I think as time goes by and SasuSaku gets a weaker and weaker case. They aren't really getting any new moments that can't be argued against while NaruSaku keeps on getting new moments that show Naruto and Sakura are moving towards getting together romantically.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users