Close
Photo

Can people still say SasuSaku can happen?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

#1 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:40 PM

I just can't imagine that someone with Sasuke's character would ever fall in love with anybody. His arrogance and pride is way too high, and he's previously shown that he obviously doesn't want anything to do with Konoha or his nins.

These latest chapters should just show how far Sasuke's character is. Sure, he's shown his 'soft' side, but it doesn't change the fact that he would willingly harm people. I don't know why people have an obsession with pairing up Sasuke with Sakura, despite the fact that he's doing all these things, and has repeatedly shown that he doesn't care about anything but to kill Itachi.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#2 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

Remember Magus, SasuSaku started in the beginning. One of the huge reasons its still going is because the last time they saw each other in Part 1, she confessed to him that she loved him.

SasuSaku is like the young girl liking the hot, popular guy and wanting to be with him. I can see why a lot of girls would like that pairing. It could possibly remind them of a cute guy they liked when they were younger or some other reason I haven't even stated. The only problem is the hot guy returning the feelings. Lots of fans argue that Sasuke did have a thing for Sakura because when he told her Naruto saved her from Gaara and she smiled at Naruto, Sasuke seemed jealous. And the fact that Sasuke wants to revive his clan, which is where Sakura comes him. Because she's the only girl he really had a relationship with, even though it was possibly not romantic.

But of course, I dont hate the pairing. But Im not a fan of it, NaruSaku for life. biggrin.gif But I can see why lots of people like it, it was her devotion to Sasuke in Part 1. But she's changed in Part 2. I dont know if I can really say for sure if she has feelings for Naruto. I want to stay neutral until its confirmed she likes Naruto now.

Meh, my crappy little rant. tongue.gif

#3 Fruits Basket Fan

Fruits Basket Fan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:37 PM

I think it is because the SakuraxSasuke pairing follows the shojo pairing formula (happy heroine + angsty guy with an unhappy past) even though Naruto is a shonen anime/manga!

I noticed that the majority of SakuraxSasuke fans are girls (this is also true to NarutoxHinata as well) and they believe that Sakura should get the guy she likes because she is a girl! dry.gif I really hate that because they do not even stop to think about the guy's feelings at all! mad.gif They even ignore Naruto's efforts, which to me was admirable than Sakura's efforts for Sasuke in part 1, but her feelings for Sasuke did grew to an extent near the end of part 1 though!

I even read in a fanfiction story that is a NarutoxSakuraxSasuke story and in that story Sasuke is still in revenge mode and Sakura tries to stop him by having sex with him and he still left! She became devastated and found out that she was pregnant and was hiding it from everyone until Naruto found out and instead of becoming angry he decided to stay by her side and help her raise that child (it was very sweet) though they do not get together (the story is not even over yet) because Naruto understands Sakura's feelings! And you now what some of the SakuraxSasuke fans said......."I still hope that this would be a SakuraxSasuke story!" sad.gif even though Naruto was the one that stood by Sakura's side and helped raised that child and he still loves her and even grew to become a father figure for the child! I found that sad because even though Sasuke left more than once the SakuraxSasuke fans are still going gaa gaa over that pairing in that story. I know that it is fanfiction, but it does apply to how they blindly view that pairing even by the current hints in the manga for NarutoxSakura.

Actually, I can understand why SakuraxSasuke is fairly popular in the manga because unlike NarutoxHinata it had its moments, even if Sasuke was never interested in her to begin with, mostly from Sakura's efforts to please Sasuke in part 1. Now it seems unknown whether or not she still has feelings for Sasuke, we know she loves him but is it still romantic love? I think that her heart is moving on, since Sakura has been spending time with Naruto and I do hope that they might be together in the end of the manga! smile.gif Until then, if it happens, I would just sit back and enjoy the moments that Naruto and Sakura have in their spare time, like the ramen stand scene (chapter 343)! a_dance.gif

#4 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl500 @ Mar 17 2007, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember Magus, SasuSaku started in the beginning. One of the huge reasons its still going is because the last time they saw each other in Part 1, she confessed to him that she loved him.

That scene where she said that she loved him wasn't it a bad translation? didn't she say something like she Really Really liked him?

I think there is a slight possibility that it might happen (BUT IT WON'T) but if it does then what was the point of Kishi putting those OBVIOUS NaruSaku hints in the manga?

#5 Tobi_Uchiha

Tobi_Uchiha

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

I find it very difficult Sasu/Saku to happen..because after all what happened before. Sakura would now protect Naruto even from him.
I agree with you Murdoc. If Sasu/Saku would happen, why Kishi is putting those clear hints between Naruto and Sakura. It's obvious that both have feelings for each other . wink.gif

#6 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hey, I'm trying to put it into SasuSaku fan's interpretations. DX

Its just Sakura said "Daisuki" and thats used a lot in confessions. Though its true that it was pointed out that it means "really like".

But I believe in NaruSaku. XD These hints are all over Part 2. But all of them just show that they have a great bond, not all of them are romantic. But nothing is the matter with reminding us that they are compatible and a lot alike. happy.gif

#7 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl500 @ Mar 17 2007, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lots of fans argue that Sasuke did have a thing for Sakura because when he told her Naruto saved her from Gaara and she smiled at Naruto, Sasuke seemed jealous.

Actually, Sasuke was jealous of Naruto's power. He was jealous of it when he summoned Gamabunta, and he was jealous of it after the war.

It would ruin the flow if he was jealous of Naruto because he managed to make Sakura smile; something he does automatically by existing huh.gif.

#8 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:02 PM

Again, I was just saying something I heard from a SasuSaku fan. DX

I also think he was just jealous because Naruto was stronger than him at the time.

#9 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl500 @ Mar 17 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, I was just saying something I heard from a SasuSaku fan. DX

I also think he was just jealous because Naruto was stronger than him at the time.

SasuSaku fans would say anything to make their pairing work :].

#10 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:19 PM

SasuSaku fans would say anything to make their pairing work.

Hence the answer to the threads question. Yes, they can say it can still happen.

Whether what they say has any grounds, however, is another story entirely.

Quite frankly, I would be immensly sad if such a pairing as Sasu/Saku actually did happen in the manga. I'd rather have no pairings then that. Sasuke has sure as hell abused a lot of people emotionally, including Sakura in what is a good three quarters of the Sasu/Saku pairings "moments".

I have this thing against emotionally abusive pairings. It's why I don't like the comic pairing Gambit/Rogue anymore.
bd5.jpg

#11 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 17 2007, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have this thing against emotionally abusive pairings. It's why I don't like the comic pairing Gambit/Rogue anymore.

I feel the same way although I didn't use to, before I became a NaruSaku fan I kinda liked those type of pairings but now I absolutely hate them.

#12 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 18 2007, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hence the answer to the threads question. Yes, they can say it can still happen.

Whether what they say has any grounds, however, is another story entirely.

Ya, that's why I created this thread. Can people really say SasuSaku can happen based on what has been shown in his character?

I wouldn't think so, not in a manga like this.

Then again, I don't know what Kishi's doing anymore.

#13 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 17 2007, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quite frankly, I would be immensly sad if such a pairing as Sasu/Saku actually did happen in the manga. I'd rather have no pairings then that. Sasuke has sure as hell abused a lot of people emotionally, including Sakura in what is a good three quarters of the Sasu/Saku pairings "moments".

I love "SasuSaku moments" like this, its great because I can only laugh. Seriously sometimes I'm not even sure WHY this and that are even SasuSaku, like the "Thank you" moment. Gets me everytime, why in the hell is he even saying thank you? From what I got he was saying thank you that she cared? but he obviously doesn't care what she thinks or he would stay.

Well people can say NaruSaku is a little abusive as well, but atleast its only physical and thats the major difference in my opinion.

More on the general question of the thread, I think people can say whatever they like, I mean even if NaruSaku becomes Crack I'll probably say it can still happen. For example I still have a small ammount of faith in HxHr(Though I do like HxG a bit now), people don't stay together forever right off, all the time.

#14 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 17 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love "SasuSaku moments" like this, its great because I can only laugh. Seriously sometimes I'm not even sure WHY this and that are even SasuSaku, like the "Thank you" moment. Gets me everytime, why in the hell is he even saying thank you? From what I got he was saying thank you that she cared? but he obviously doesn't care what she thinks or he would stay.

Well people can say NaruSaku is a little abusive as well, but atleast its only physical and thats the major difference in my opinion.

More on the general question of the thread, I think people can say whatever they like, I mean even if NaruSaku becomes Crack I'll probably say it can still happen. For example I still have a small ammount of faith in HxHr(Though I do like HxG a bit now), people don't stay together forever right off, all the time.

I laugh about this too. I meant seriously, I dislike the pairing from the first time I start watching the series. And when I read up to that point (The "Thank You" part), not only I wonder why he had said that to Sakura, but also the point of reading the fans of that shipping's reactions, saying "Oh he says that because he's loves her.. yada, yada, yada!"... BS... That 'Thank You' will probably meant "Thank you for trying to stop me" or "Thank you for being my friend" There's different meanings about this (I'm still NaruSaku pro biggrin.gif)
But it is still a possibility, it may happen dry.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#15 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:44 AM

I think there is still the possibility that SasuSaku will happen. I don't hope so, and I also don't think so, but everything can still happen.

#16 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:10 AM

Granted. But this is a common thing in anime and manga. Often the girl beats up the guy every now and again to keep in line and the like. The "Angry Girl" cliche is often a staple in manga and anime for laughs. Therefore I discount it.

In fact, just about everything in anime and manga is exaggerated, when you look at it.

I think there is still the possibility that SasuSaku will happen.

Well, there's always a possibility in everything.

Like it's possible that OJ was really not guilty and all the posturing, BS, hypocracy and hole digging he's done over the years was just one massive, unbelievable, earth shattering coincidence. But it sure as hell ain't likely. And there's a difference between possible and likely. So I wouldn't worry.
bd5.jpg

#17 pocoloco

pocoloco

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:20 AM

Well, from what we can see, there is little possibility that it will happen . . . .there's not telling of exactly what's to come.

So, yes, I think people can say that it can still happen, in a way off, distant future.

#18 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 17 2007, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Granted. But this is a common thing in anime and manga. Often the girl beats up the guy every now and again to keep in line and the like. The "Angry Girl" cliche is often a staple in manga and anime for laughs. Therefore I discount it.

In fact, just about everything in anime and manga is exaggerated, when you look at it.
Well, there's always a possibility in everything.

I can only agree here, I enjoy the Angry Girl character actually. Sakura... Asuka... Haruko some of my favorite female characters.

#19 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:07 AM

I can only agree here.

Well, I was being insanely sarcastic in the second part anways, so it's all good. XD

Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin would count too wouldn't she? I thought she was an amusing character under the "Angry Girl" syndrome. XD
bd5.jpg

#20 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:11 AM

I have to agree with some people here, Sasusaku fans will say anything to make themselves believe that Sasusaku will happen. I'm pretty sure that they will go as far as saying that Sasusaku FANARTS are hints of it (I've asked some Sasusaku fans in my class and some of them said that its their reason for Sasusaku) which I think is absolutely stupid. I do acknowledge that there are some Sasusaku moments in part 1 but its in the past, end of story. While Part 2 is taking place 2.5 years after part 1 means that it has nothing to do with it other than a few things here and there such as Sasuke, Akatsuki and Sand-Konoha Alliance.

Still, I can't bring myself to say that Sasusaku fans are wrong. They believe what they want to believe just like we believe ours. Theres no right or wrong in it since opinions are personal for each person.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users