Close
Photo

Sakura; Naruto's Girlfriend

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

Poll: you think he's joking? (132 member(s) have cast votes)

vote here

1. Naahhh, naruto was just joking, he just said it to make his dad laugh! (6 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

2. Yes, I think naruto was serious (126 votes [95.45%])

Percentage of vote: 95.45%

Vote

#61 Inner Sakura

Inner Sakura

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yeah I just took as one of those moments when someone randomly confronts you about a girl you like and you get nervous and lost for words but you still want to look cool in front of you father. Theres a good choice that you will say "well....more or less...I mean yeah...I mean no....well she a girl and she's my CLOSEST friend... so more or less" Idk This is the only way that makes sense to me considering the situation.   But yes im sure he was serious about WANTING Sakura to be his girlfriend but I cant say he was necessarily tell his father that him and Sakura are OFFICIAL. I think once Sakura makes her move it will be official. We wont have to guess or infer. But hey it was a nice NS moment but I think some people are reading into it too much.

Edited by Inner Sakura, 10 June 2013 - 01:52 AM.

firma_narusaku_road_ninja_by_darkamy_cha

--"No matter what you say this time....we're going to be together. Not just me, we're going to all fight together this time!"

#62 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

@inner sakura

Well, cinsidering the events in the manga and all the parallels between sakura and kushina and how obvious kishi is making it that sakura is narutos girlfriend, and its been addressed three times, whether you, me or anyone likes it or not, sakura is narutos girlfriend, sakurs didnt deny it, naruto said yeah, thats it. Sometimes reading too much into things is just not good, for gods sake we're not decoding the da vinci codes, its right there...jeez..

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#63 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, writing fanfiction/original works.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

He was serious. Why I think he was serious, for one when Sakura confessed to him he told her not to joke around. So he's serious when it comes to feelings. Then also he said that he hates people who lie to themselves, so if Naruto was just saying that Sakura was his girlfriend just to joke around, then he would be lying to himself. Am I right? 

tumblr_n0qvafxnzd1s1a2b1o1_500.gif

~Their love was true, their love was pure, their love was beautiful.~

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#64 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

I think he was somewhat serious yet somewhat joking at the same time. From what I remember, Naruto's response gave me a "YEAH... Well sort of, it's complicated" type of vibe. 

But I voted yes anyways due to there being only two options. 

#65 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

If he was joking it would be kinda awkward. XD

When Minato gets sealed, imagine Naruto telling him "btw Dad -- it was just a joke, haha! : D"

Minato sure took it seriously, there was no comedic face/lady lips whatsoever.

ナルサク

#66 narusakuno1

narusakuno1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, I agree. He was serious(wasn't blushing like he always was), contemplated first with an eventual confident YEAH!!, and said that information to his own father. I don't know about Western Culture, but frankly I can't imagine myself introducing somebody as my lover to my parents unless I was serious about it. It's just weird to joke about such things, especially before your parents are going to die (in this case disappear after edo tensei). I'll just re-post what I said in the chapter thread. QUOTE (ramenanmitsu @ May 23 2013, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was also thinking about why Naruto said, "Uuuuummmmhhhh~Uhm? Yeah!" It makes me wonder if something happened on or behind the scenes that I didn't notice for the below. 1.) Their interaction against one another has changed. a. The previous chaptersNaruto and Sakura's reactions were completely different compared to the previous chapters. When Konohamaru asked him, He blushed and said, "Wow you guys are perceptive!" (His face and posture was same with the Tazuna scene) And Sakura has denied it, and punched him for making the wrong assumption. After that Naruto will just get hurt, a little disappointed and quiet (lol). b. The current chapterHowever this time, Naruto said it in a serious manner. His face didn't have the blush nor the hand behind the head when he's joking, or embarrassed. Sakura also didn't deny it like she used to. She head bumped him and he retorted back to her (in a cute way), WHICH he would have never done before! (Usually, he would get scared and shut up, especially if he's told to do so.) 2.) Naruto's contemplation and convictionHe was going, "Uuuuuuummmmmmhhhhhh" and I can assume he was probably reflecting the past. I don't think he was surprised by Minato's sudden blunt question, because if he was he would react like the time Sai asked that question("WHAT!?") instead of contemplating with "Uuuuuummmmmhhhhhh"What makes me think is that while he was processing his thoughts, he suddenly came to a point of "Uhm?" and THEN said "YEAH!!!" I am trying hard to think what this "Uhm?" part is. Because this "Uhm?" part is what lead him to say "YEAH!" There must have been a certain episode he was reflecting when he thought "Uhm?", and that made him say Sakura is his girlfriend confidently.

I think the "Uummhh" part is like when he thinks and the "Uhm?" shows that he found something which is an evidence for him to say Sakura is his girl friend. Naruto's face was lkinda supprise when Minato ask if Sakura is his girlfriend. I think he thought of the confession when he was like "uhm?" But i don't know~ I think. But Naruto is not stupid anymore, he understnad things more now so which means he meant Sakura is his GIRLFRIEND not a friend that is a girl.

#67 narusakuno1

narusakuno1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

He was serious. Why I think he was serious, for one when Sakura confessed to him he told her not to joke around. So he's serious when it comes to feelings. Then also he said that he hates people who lie to themselves, so if Naruto was just saying that Sakura was his girlfriend just to joke around, then he would be lying to himself. Am I right?

Exactly I agree with you! Naruto doesn't like lying!

#68 narusakuno1

narusakuno1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

I guess I can call Sakura Naruto's girlfriend since Naruto said so himself and Sakura didn't deny it so Yeah!!!!!

#69 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

I guess I can call Sakura Naruto's girlfriend since Naruto said so himself and Sakura didn't deny it so Yeah!!!!!

Nope.

They're not a couple, but considering Naruto just bluntly said so in front of his father and crowd, I wouldn't put it past me.

Like K9ofChaos said, it's complicated. They definitely have something going on, but it's not official because Sakura has to deal with her feelings for Sasuke.

ナルサク

#70 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

One way to look at it is this. Take the one thing Kishimoto sensei has done consistently when the subject of Naruto and Sakuras feelings for each other has come up.

Namely he interrupts them.

Sakura interrupted Naruto before he could go further by telling him to shut it and focus on healing.

this had two basic effects for us the audience. Interrupted a clear line of conversation which dealt with Narutos feelings for Sakura, and kept her from having to answer directly.

And opened the door for Minatos comparison to Kushina thus irrevocably confirming the parallel.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#71 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

One way to look at it is this. Take the one thing Kishimoto sensei has done consistently when the subject of Naruto and Sakuras feelings for each other has come up.

Namely he interrupts them.

Sakura interrupted Naruto before he could go further by telling him to shut it and focus on healing.

this had two basic effects for us the audience. Interrupted a clear line of conversation which dealt with Narutos feelings for Sakura, and kept her from having to answer directly.

And opened the door for Minatos comparison to Kushina thus irrevocably confirming the parallel.

Wasnt the opposite?

Minato asked Sakura if she was Naruto's girlfriend and Naruto interrupted her by telling Minato she was his girlfriend which lead to her reacting like that out fo embarassment.

Minato said "By chance are you Naruto's girlfriend?" which was out of place because Sakura was only healing Naruto and suddenly he took that conclusion lol, that scene is out of place but funny because caught of everyone off guard.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 23 June 2013 - 12:36 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#72 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

It could be looked at like that, but Im more inclined to look at it as Sakura doing the interrupting. Contextualy it makes more sense that way.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#73 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

I think he was somewhat serious yet somewhat joking at the same time. From what I remember, Naruto's response gave me a "YEAH... Well sort of, it's complicated" type of vibe. 

But I voted yes anyways due to there being only two options. 

It would have been nice to have "a yes but its complicated" option.

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#74 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

It was joking around to a degree, but the important thing is again, it advocated the parallel, I mean Naruto in a sense may consider her his girlfriend or just put on a show in front of Minato but the important thing is the parallel and showing that he practically still loves Sakura.

Given the recent events like her also showing how much she understands him from her 630 speech and the new stuff coming from Sasuke, not big surprise that some stuff may come soon.

Edited by Inferno180, 23 June 2013 - 03:59 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#75 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

It was joking around to a degree, but the important thing is again, it advocated the parallel, I mean Naruto in a sense may consider her his girlfriend or just put on a show in front of Minato but the important thing is the parallel and showing that he practically still loves Sakura.

Given the recent events like her also showing how much she understands him from her 630 speech and the new stuff coming from Sasuke, not big surprise that some stuff may come soon.

Agreed.

More than anything else, that entire scene answered two popular questions.

1. Who is meant to fill the 'girl like your mother' position Kushina was talking about?

2. Does Naruto still see Sakura in a romantic light?

It's fun to think about something happening off panel, but this is a relationship that has been slowly building since the first few chapters of the manga. What we get, will be on panel. 

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#76 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

I always see people take Naruto's scared face in the chapter 632 to say his statement was a joke

s021.jpg

But what about this?

naruto_ch246_p10_11.jpg

naruto_ch246_p12.jpg

Naruto was trying to get the bells from Kakashi, he wasn't joking before this happened, so I think we can safely say chapter 631's girlfriend statement is not a joke by Naruto.. ^^

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#77 Darkness

Darkness

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Saying he was joking is just a really desperate attempt to deny the obvious truth for non-believers.

Now seriously, it amazes me that people even think Naruto would joke at the given situation.

Naruto: "Hm well, my father asked me if Sakura is my girlfriend. Allright, since we are in the middle of a war how about I tell him a little joke. It's not like I'll never ever see my father again to explain fom him why I was joking since I'm really in love with Hinata, so why not?"

Well, sarcasms apart, you don't need to be a psychologist to figure out what happened.

Naruto has in fact grown up a lot with the past events but he still retains some of his childish behaviors. And this is great because no matter what happens Naruto will always be Naruto.

This scene is what we call as a comedy relief, not a joke. I've seen this same kind of behavior in real life tons of times. Hell, I even did it myself when I was younger.

The classic insert random adult asking you if the girl you like is your girlfriend. His answer was perfect: "Hmm, Yup! That's more or less it"

The exact kind of evasive answer where you wanna say yes, despite knowing it is a no. Has anyone ever seen Everybody Hates Chris? Remember that chapter Everybody Hates a Liar (Second Season, Episode Four)? It's absolutely the same thing. Chris tries to convince everybody he is dating Tasha by giving almost the same answer.

For me this isn't really a NaruSaku moment either, it's just comedy. But, it also shows that Naruto still loves Sakura and he is dead serious about it.

bKTC2.png

#78 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

The funny part about Minato is that he asked Sakura if she's his girlfriend, yet Naruto answered it for her.

#79 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

The funny part about Minato is that he asked Sakura if she's his girlfriend, yet Naruto answered it for her.

I wonder what Sakura would of said. :smug:

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#80 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

I wonder what Sakura would of said. :smug:

Seriously a million dollar question. She didn't even correct it, she's focusing on recovery, so what gives? Damn you, Kishi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users