50 replies to this topic

#1 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

I'm surprised no one's made a topic for this episode yet. I guess people really don't care about fillers, LOL.

Episode 233

My thoughts! --Click here to view--
I thought this one was better than the last few that revolved around Naruto and his crew. The animation was bad, like most of these filler episodes, but the premise was pretty original.
Basically, the Konoha nin encountered a random bandit claiming to Naruto Uzumaki, the "Hero of Konoha", who was looting from villages in the area and tarnishing Naruto's name. I was kind of wondering how widespread the story about Naruto defeating Pein was, and it looks like this episode is running with the idea that Naruto is internationally renowned now. He's come so far now. *sniffles*

Other than that, there's not too much else to say on the episode. It was annoying how no-one except for the Konoha ninja noticed that the emblem on the bandit's headband was backwards (or did they even notice it?). Seriously, Konahagakure is a pretty important military force, you'd think mercenaries and neighoring countries would at least know what their emblem looks like.
The friendship between the bandit and his friend Iggy (is that even a Japanese name???) was kind of touching, but nothing too original for the anime. Friendships on this show all seem to be drawn the same way. There was also a Sasu/Naru friendship moment at the end, with Naruto looking at the two friends and thinking, "We'll be like that someday." I presume he's talking about Sasuke, but I guess it's getting kind of annoying how he's still so optimistic about Sasuke becoming his best friend again. It's not too far off from what we've seen in the manga, but I feel like his, "We'll both die" comment was sort of a sign that he's prepared to fight to death now. *shrug*

The next episode looks pretty good. It follows Team Ebisu (with or without Ebisu, I'm not sure) and it looks like Sakura, Shikamaru, and Temari will be in it. Should be interesting to see anyway, it'll be nice to see the other Konoha ninja without the plot revolving completely around Hinata again. But I probably shouldn't jinx it. sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 21 October 2011 - 01:31 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:10 AM

I prefer mudshipping for some reason BUT valeshipping is the canon so I won't complain biggrin.gif besides It was SUPPOSED to be Mia in the beta version tongue.gif SO Naruto impersonator huh? mellow.gif Well I'll give it a shot (hopefully it won't make me puke blood) dry.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

I'll watch it later. I'm at school atm D:

JA2DBzd.png

#4 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

YEAAAAAAAHHHHH NOPE!

this was a waist of my time....

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#5 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:21 AM

It was cool how the episode revolved mostly around Banna and Iggy, with Naruto and the other's primary function being to move the plot forward. Other than that, it was a pretty typical "friendship filler", especially with Naruto's "talk no justu", which at this point seems to have become a staple of these kinds of episodes. rolleyes.gif

Next week looks pretty interesting. Konohamaru vs. Temari is a pretty unique combo and lets not forget that it also has Sakura in it. happy.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 21 October 2011 - 01:22 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

BUT all they're doing back at Konoha is preparing for the war and messing around!!! it BORING!!! shamefulcry0js.gif

#7 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Oct 20 2011, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I prefer mudshipping for some reason BUT valeshipping is the canon so I won't complain biggrin.gif besides It was SUPPOSED to be Mia in the beta version tongue.gif SO Naruto impersonator huh? mellow.gif Well I'll give it a shot (hopefully it won't make me puke blood) dry.gif

Hmm, I guess I took that as the GS team deciding to use separate characters for the first team's female party member and the first game's damsel-in-distress. It could be the case that they decided to alter certain parts of the plot before the first game was released, when they decided the story would work better as a two-parter. Or maybe they didn't original plan on having a love interest, considering how scarce the romantic hints were (the only one I remember was the scene in Madra in the second game with Jenna blushing over Isaac). I guess, to me, the GS beta-version argument seems pretty similar to that Naru/Hina argument that Hinata was Naruto's original love interest due to some random picture Kishi drew before writing the manga. Even if it's taken as some kind of shipping evidence, creators are capable of changing their minds whenever they want, especially when they haven't committed anything to the story yet.

*back to topic*
QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Oct 20 2011, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BUT all they're doing back at Konoha is preparing for the war and messing around!!! it BORING!!! shamefulcry0js.gif

I don't know, it's nice to see an episode that doesn't revolve around fighting. It's nice to see character development every once in a while too, even if it's only filler. I'm looking forward to see what they do anyway. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 21 October 2011 - 01:48 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

I'd rather watch the movie DB evolution than Shippuden fillers. dry.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 21 October 2011 - 01:44 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 20 2011, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At least that movie made the least bit of sense tongue.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#10 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

I'm actually looking forward to next filler... Konohamaru vs Temari.. Mwhahahahah!

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 21 2011, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think evolution was worse but that's just me mellow.gif

#12 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Oct 21 2011, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surprised no one's made a topic for this episode yet. I guess people really don't care about fillers, LOL.

Episode 233

I thought this one was better than the last few that revolved around Naruto and his crew. The animation was bad, like most of these filler episodes, but the premise was pretty original.
Basically, the Konoha nin encountered a random bandit claiming to Naruto Uzumaki, the "Hero of Konoha", who was looting from villages in the area and tarnishing Naruto's name. I was kind of wondering how widespread the story about Naruto defeating Pein was, and it looks like this episode is running with the idea that Naruto is internationally renowned now. He's come so far now. *sniffles*

Other than that, there's not too much else to say on the episode. It was annoying how no-one except for the Konoha ninja noticed that the emblem on the bandit's headband was backwards (or did they even notice it?). Seriously, Konahagakure is a pretty important military force, you'd think mercenaries and neighoring countries would at least know what their emblem looks like.
The friendship between the bandit and his friend Iggy (is that even a Japanese name???) was kind of touching, but nothing too original for the anime. Friendships on this show all seem to be drawn the same way. There was also a Sasu/Naru friendship moment at the end, with Naruto looking at the two friends and thinking, "We'll be like that someday." I presume he's talking about Sasuke, but I guess it's getting kind of annoying how he's still so optimistic about Sasuke becoming his best friend again. It's not too far off from what we've seen in the manga, but I feel like his, "We'll both die" comment was sort of a sign that he's prepared to fight to death now. *shrug*

The next episode looks pretty good. It follows Team Ebisu (with or without Ebisu, I'm not sure) and it looks like Sakura, Shikamaru, and Temari will be in it. Should be interesting to see anyway, it'll be nice to see the other Konoha ninja without the plot revolving completely around Hinata again. But I probably shouldn't jinx it. sweatdrop.gif

original? I don't think so --Click here to view--

I'm afraid the premise (I suppose that means smthng like storyline right -> Srr I'm from belgium) isn't all that original. Do you watch/read one piece they dealing with a similar situation atm in the anime. The manga has had this situation a few months ago.

I did comment before I watched the episode by the way... So I'll add to this after watching

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#13 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

The next 4 episodes just for info sake, episode 235 intriuges me.

2011-10-20

233. Enter Imposter Naruto?
Sanjō - Uso? Naruto

参上 嘘?ナルト Naruto's Imposter

2011-10-27

234.Naruto's Favorite Pupil

Naruto no Manadeshi

ナルトの愛弟子 Naruto's Favorite Pupil

2011-10-03

235. The Pink Kunoichi

Nadeshiko no Kunoichi

撫子のくノ一 The Pink Kunoichi

2011-10-10

236. Companions' Backs

Nakama no Senaka

仲間の背 Companions' Backs
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#14 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 21 2011, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The next 4 episodes just for info sake, episode 235 intriuges me.

2011-10-20

233. Enter Imposter Naruto?
Sanjō - Uso? Naruto

参上 嘘?ナルト Naruto's Imposter

2011-10-27

234.Naruto's Favorite Pupil

Naruto no Manadeshi

ナルトの愛弟子 Naruto's Favorite Pupil

2011-10-03

235. The Pink Kunoichi

Nadeshiko no Kunoichi

撫子のくノ一 The Pink Kunoichi

2011-10-10

236. Companions' Backs

Nakama no Senaka

仲間の背 Companions' Backs

My reaction to this episode list blowup.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#15 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

I won't see the episode but if 235 is really about Sakura I hope it doesn't have what 232 had with Hinata.

Edited by crazyefra, 21 October 2011 - 12:00 PM.

そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#16 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

Hasn't this been discussed in another thread already?

Ep. 235 hasn't got anything to do with Sakura.
Apparently it is about some other pink haired kunoichi that was supposed to marry Jiraiya (or his student) or smthng; forgot the details.
The point is however that it doesn't involve Sakura. sad.gif

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#17 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

Oh really? damn Pierrot, Hinata get's an episode being a secondary character, while Sakura, being a main character, doesn't even get to have an episode that best describes her and instead a filler character get's the episode facepalm.png. Why is Kishi letting this kitten happen to his story?
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#18 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Oct 21 2011, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh really? damn Pierrot, Hinata get's an episode being a secondary character, while Sakura, being a main character, doesn't even get to have an episode that best describes her and instead a filler character get's the episode facepalm.png. Why is Kishi letting this sh*t happen to his story?

Yeah it really does seem like they're flying in the face of the author doesn't it. They are minimalizing one of the main characters, putting her role behind a secondary character (or rather, pulling up a secondary character to become a main character). And then naming an episode after the one feature the main character has, only to not portray her. There is no other pink-haired character in Naruto! (canon) It's almost a little taunting isn't it?

Instead of "The Pink Kunoichi," which is not about Sakura, what if it was...

"The Blond Jinchurriki from Konoha," but it's about some other spiky blond who's not Naruto, or

"The Last of the Uchiha," but it's about some other nin than Sasuke, or

"The Black-haired, Moon-eyed, Busty Kunoichi," and it's not about Hinata....

Get my drift? They could have picked any other name and it would have been a better fit. "Jiraiya's Lost Love" or "The Pervert's Trap."

Why the hell would they even focus on the OC in the title when everyone, regardless of ship, would love to see a filler about Jiraiya? He's a hoot to watch!

But maybe I'll be proved wrong, and the episode title will have some significance when it's over. But my gut reaction is that the animators are continuing to push shipping tension to generate interest. Even in the smallest ways.

#19 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Oct 21 2011, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it really does seem like they're flying in the face of the author doesn't it. They are minimalizing one of the main characters, putting her role behind a secondary character (or rather, pulling up a secondary character to become a main character). And then naming an episode after the one feature the main character has, only to not portray her. There is no other pink-haired character in Naruto! (canon) It's almost a little taunting isn't it?

Instead of "The Pink Kunoichi," which is not about Sakura, what if it was...

"The Blond Jinchurriki from Konoha," but it's about some other spiky blond who's not Naruto, or

"The Last of the Uchiha," but it's about some other nin than Sasuke, or

"The Black-haired, Moon-eyed, Busty Kunoichi," and it's not about Hinata....

Get my drift? They could have picked any other name and it would have been a better fit. "Jiraiya's Lost Love" or "The Pervert's Trap."

Why the hell would they even focus on the OC in the title when everyone, regardless of ship, would love to see a filler about Jiraiya? He's a hoot to watch!

But maybe I'll be proved wrong, and the episode title will have some significance when it's over. But my gut reaction is that the animators are continuing to push shipping tension to generate interest. Even in the smallest ways.

I hear you tricksie it feels like any fan read the title and he/she will say:

NS or Sakura fan: all right an episode with Sakura cool!

Pierot: nah it's about a filler character seriously we don't like Sakura, we don't want her to be close to Naruto. we'd prefer he gets together with the cute Hinata.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#20 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Oct 21 2011, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was cool how the episode revolved mostly around Banna and Iggy, with Naruto and the other's primary function being to move the plot forward. Other than that, it was a pretty typical "friendship filler", especially with Naruto's "talk no justu", which at this point seems to have become a staple of these kinds of episodes. rolleyes.gif

Next week looks pretty interesting. Konohamaru vs. Temari is a pretty unique combo and lets not forget that it also has Sakura in it. happy.gif

Yeah, not only that, I don't think anyone knows yet, but the next episode will be done by the good animators. So it will definitely be good. And I think he does have a good shot at defeating Temari since his strategy style is a mix of Naruto/Hiruzen's style. If anything, she could force it into a draw.

Y'know, with Temari appearing next episode, I'm kinda hoping for a filler episode later on where Kurenai's in labor and the baby is born. We'll have the Konoha 11 (minus Naruto) go into overdrive panic mode with the boys being hysterical and the girls are having their hands full helping Kurenai prepared only to find out that THEY have to be the midwives.

Konohamaru would be the one to replace Naruto's would-be role of the one most panicked out of them all. Which makes sense, since her baby will be his cousin and he would practically be a big brother figure for the baby. Temari will be the one to knock some sense into the boys by knocking them out so the girls can focus on Kurenai's childbirth. It would also eventually lead to a ShikaTema moment, of course. Hell, we might be able to see a motherly side to her which can be used as a callback to Shikaku's infamous words.

As for everyone that's kittening about the preferential treatment for Hinata, blame Kishi for not developing Sakura to be heroic enough.

Edited by Codus N, 21 October 2011 - 03:55 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users