Close
Photo

Naruto The Demon Within Character Designs - An Ongoing Project

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

Now we come onto Team Kurenai. I did all these of them yesterday, so I have a chance to put them all up. :smile:

c1ZIz0t.jpg

First up is Kiba Inuzuka. When designing Kiba, I wanted to go with a more feral appearance compared to his design in Shippuden. He also has a kind of interesting color scheme more akin to his first part design, though he also has a tan coat on, something from his mom and his uncle Ken, one of the original characters who is in TDW. Kiba all in all for his story is driven more so by his rivalry (friendly as it is) with Naruto, wanting to show he is just as good as he is, and to also get him back for losing to him in the Chunin Exams when they were 12. Of course, he also is aiming to still be the best damned Inuzuka he can be, driven by his pride. One big thing he will contend with is his more feral nature as he learns more of his clan's secrets... and learning to balance bot the man AND the beast as one.

#22 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:[Insert stuff]

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

Awesome! Although Shikamaru's my favorite Naruto character, Choji's design has to be my favorite. ;D

And InoCho sounds... interesting. :3
BASK in the awesomeness of my status!

Yeah...

Wonderful weather we're having, huh?

#23 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:46 PM

Awesome! Although Shikamaru's my favorite Naruto character, Choji's design has to be my favorite. ;D

And InoCho sounds... interesting. :3

Thanks, man! Honestly, I thought of it being one of those beauty and the geek kinda romances, and how it develops will so be nice, believe it!

#24 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

Thanks, man! Honestly, I thought of it being one of those beauty and the geek kinda romances, and how it develops will so be nice, believe it!

Can't wait to see! :3

Yeah...

#25 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:11 PM

Thanks to everyone checking this out, even if it isn't much right now.  Moving along, I now got Shino Aburame, the next member of Team Kurenai;

jlLw4SO.jpg

I like to joke Shino looks like he stepped from the world of The Matrix rather than Naruto. But seriously, I was going for something more stealth and a little more mysterious, given how many of the Aburame clan tend to be like that, so decking Shino out in all black was fitting. He also has quite long sleeves, to hide his hands until he unleashes his Parasitic Insects. The collars have 2 red-like shells on them, almost like butterflies, inspired by Shino's appearance in the epilogue. And the goggles replacing his sunglasses are something from his dad, Shibi/Gen.

#26 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:55 AM

Alright, here comes the last member of Team Kurenai, the gentle Hinata Hyuga.

hPiSObU.jpg

When I was designing Hinata, the idea came from part of her story in TDW itself. Hinata in it has started to make herself more confident, since in the 3 year gap, there was a small period she and Naruto had dated, but she called it off because she lacked confidence in the relationship, as well as seeing even if Naruto was trying to forget it because of his promise of a lifetime that he still very much was in love with Sakura. So, thanks to her aunt Sango (an original character whom I'll share once I get her drawn up), she has started to gain confidence, especially to try to not need Naruto around to be stronger.

The idea was to show Hinata being more comfortable in her own skin, like how Sakura started to once she lopped her hair off fighting Kin, Dosu, and Zaku. She also has gotten more skilled at battling and using her Byakugan as well as the Gentle Fist, and wants to be able to help everyone close to her. Her newfound confidence allows her to face any foe regardless, even with her gentle nature.

#27 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:24 PM

Since I did Hinata, now here is a double-header, guys, to close out what I have scanned and uploaded to my Imgur account so far. :smile:

HMzybrA.jpg

First up is Neji Hyuga, Hinata's cousin and one of the geniuses of the Super Rookies. He also is the only full Jonin of the twelve thus far, since Shikamaru's only a Special Jonin. With Neji's development in TDW, he is still motivated to walk his own path, especially since he has been motivated by his loss to Naruto, and now wishes to walk his own path in life, to live as his father would want him to.

When I was designing Neji, I was gonna go for having his design compliment Hinata's, since he's acting as Hinata's bodyguard as well as her friend and partner when the two work together in battles. Plus I wanted him to be about balance, similar to how the 8 Trigrams jutsu that the Hyuga clan uses are around the Yin-Yang concept. Plus he has excellent movement because his design, which also has some influences from his design in Naruto Shippuden, as well as his original design with the influence, as well as keeping the Chinese aesthetics that Team Guy has.

I didn't feel a need to design Rock Lee since he's gonna look like a Mini-Me version of Guy anyhow, just like in Naruto Shippuden and as he was before as a Genin. :) So to wrap up TDW designs I've scanned and uploaded so far will be Tenten, the last member of Team Guy.

asIVCqo.jpg

Tenten is still a weapons expert, and that influence of her design is shown, I hope, like the band of summoning scrolls around her wrists, like her design in The Last as well as the coloring being quite similar to that design. I wanted her to make speed and functionality a part of her fighting style besides her skills with the Summoning Jutsu for weapons and her weapon use as is.

A part of Tenten's story in TDW is to be the expert in long range for the Super Rookies aka the Dirty Dozen at first, but she also gets to be developed more so when she and Neji enter into a relationship, even if she gets irked at how taciturn that he acts about it, since he's very unfamiliar with the fairer sex and such. Though that can get to her, Tenten is still driven to reach her dream to be as great a kunoichi as Tsunade, even motivated to fight Sakura and Ino, since both studied under Tsunade.

#28 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:00 PM

The next design I am showing is more of a redesign that will be implemented in the story at a point.

1XhSbyp.jpg

The redesign belonging to Sasuke, when he learns to overcome the Curse of Hatred and gains some much needed clarity he has lacked for years. The quotation of "Way to Dawn" is a nod to Riku from Kingdom Hearts since Sasuke is a good parallel to him for how he'll be in TDW. After Sasuke has "awakened", he is seeking to redeem himself, hence why the change of appearance. He also winds up losing his Curse Mark in one of the earlier arcs, which also helps out in helping him overcome the Curse of Hatred. I always had felt sorry for Sasuke after Itachi had beaten him, and as the series progressed, I came to realize Sasuke's desire to kill Itachi wasn't just to avenge the Uchiha clan, but also his jealousy at Itachi's skills and the false recognition that he received from their father.

So the basis to Sasuke's quest for redemption once he breaks the Curse of Hatred in TDW is to gain clarity, to find a reason to fight beyond just wanting to prove himself better than Itachi. He slowly will get to that process, especially when he finds someone he will be willing to protect. He also will develop a Jutsu all his own based around the principles of the Chidori and Lightning Blade, but it is also a means of establishing who he himself is; who the REAL Sasuke Uchiha is, not the one everyone fawned over before he went bat-kitten crazy.

#29 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

The next design I am showing is more of a redesign that will be implemented in the story at a point.

1XhSbyp.jpg
The redesign belonging to Sasuke, when he learns to overcome the Curse of Hatred and gains some much needed clarity he has lacked for years. The quotation of "Way to Dawn" is a nod to Riku from Kingdom Hearts since Sasuke is a good parallel to him for how he'll be in TDW. After Sasuke has "awakened", he is seeking to redeem himself, hence why the change of appearance. He also winds up losing his Curse Mark in one of the earlier arcs, which also helps out in helping him overcome the Curse of Hatred. I always had felt sorry for Sasuke after Itachi had beaten him, and as the series progressed, I came to realize Sasuke's desire to kill Itachi wasn't just to avenge the Uchiha clan, but also his jealousy at Itachi's skills and the false recognition that he received from their father.

So the basis to Sasuke's quest for redemption once he breaks the Curse of Hatred in TDW is to gain clarity, to find a reason to fight beyond just wanting to prove himself better than Itachi. He slowly will get to that process, especially when he finds someone he will be willing to protect. He also will develop a Jutsu all his own based around the principles of the Chidori and Lightning Blade, but it is also a means of establishing who he himself is; who the REAL Sasuke Uchiha is, not the one everyone fawned over before he went bat-kitten crazy.

Nice Kingdom Hearts reference. ^^ His redesign is really cool.

Yeah...

#30 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

Nice Kingdom Hearts reference. ^^ His redesign is really cool.

Thanks :smile: I always thought Riku and Sasuke were similar since both fell into darkness, and had to work to crawl out of the darkness and work their way to the dawn. That's what I wanted to reflect as part of his design being like Riku's in a sense. Of course, I also blame myself getting influence from Jin Kazama from Tekken with the hair and all of that.

#31 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

Thanks :smile: I always thought Riku and Sasuke were similar since both fell into darkness, and had to work to crawl out of the darkness and work their way to the dawn. That's what I wanted to reflect as part of his design being like Riku's in a sense. Of course, I also blame myself getting influence from Jin Kazama from Tekken with the hair and all of that.

Riku's cooler. ;D

Yeah...

#32 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

Touché, Mus1cLov3r. :smile: I'll give you that much!

OK, next up, I'm presenting some characters from one of TDW's early arcs, which I call the Demon Invasion arc. The premise of it involves the demon world known as Makai, which is a similar place to the Afterlife/Pure Land, that it exists separately from the physical world, and it also involves one of the princes from that realm, Gouki, escaping to his mother's home in the Human World because he's learned about his half-brothers attempting a coup d'etat against their father, the King of Makai, Gouken.

8mhCs0r.jpg

So first up is Gouki, the protagonist of this arc. He is the half-human son of Gouken, who, along with his sister Botan, was born to a human woman named Pema about, oh, 200 years prior to the events that led to the formation of the Hidden Leaf Village by Hashirama and Madara. He had lived a peaceful life with his mother, often meeting his father at the same time now and again, until the day Pema was killed. Then, Gouki and Botan went to Makai to live with their father, as well as to accept their roles as royalty. Though he is royalty, Gouki is a down-to-earth person, very kind and compassionate as well as being modest, hence why his clothes look like they'd be worn by a blacksmith or something.

In the early events of the Demon Invasion arc, Gouki learns that his elder half-brothers, Gozen and Goshin, are plotting a coup to topple Gouken due to viewing him as "weak" for wanting to establish peace between the Human World and Makai. Gouki thus escapes from Makai to the real world, winding up in the Hidden Leaf Village.

Gouki's overall story is that besides his being a representative of this whole new world, is that he also struggles with his inner nature, particularly his Yoki or demonic energy, because of the fact his being one of the first half-human half-demons, he has an INCREDIBLE amount of Yoki, which makes him dangerous when it comes out, but he lacks control of it, which is why his horns are cut off and shaved down, as a sign to keep his power in check, and a visual nod to Hellboy. :smile: He also will remain part of the Hidden Leaf throughout TDW, helping Tsunade, Shizune, and many others as best he can, and even introducing items from Makai to help his new family.

#33 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:05 AM

Touché, Mus1cLov3r. :smile: I'll give you that much!

OK, next up, I'm presenting some characters from one of TDW's early arcs, which I call the Demon Invasion arc. The premise of it involves the demon world known as Makai, which is a similar place to the Afterlife/Pure Land, that it exists separately from the physical world, and it also involves one of the princes from that realm, Gouki, escaping to his mother's home in the Human World because he's learned about his half-brothers attempting a coup d'etat against their father, the King of Makai, Gouken.

8mhCs0r.jpg

So first up is Gouki, the protagonist of this arc. He is the half-human son of Gouken, who, along with his sister Botan, was born to a human woman named Pema about, oh, 200 years prior to the events that led to the formation of the Hidden Leaf Village by Hashirama and Madara. He had lived a peaceful life with his mother, often meeting his father at the same time now and again, until the day Pema was killed. Then, Gouki and Botan went to Makai to live with their father, as well as to accept their roles as royalty. Though he is royalty, Gouki is a down-to-earth person, very kind and compassionate as well as being modest, hence why his clothes look like they'd be worn by a blacksmith or something.

In the early events of the Demon Invasion arc, Gouki learns that his elder half-brothers, Gozen and Goshin, are plotting a coup to topple Gouken due to viewing him as "weak" for wanting to establish peace between the Human World and Makai. Gouki thus escapes from Makai to the real world, winding up in the Hidden Leaf Village.

Gouki's overall story is that besides his being a representative of this whole new world, is that he also struggles with his inner nature, particularly his Yoki or demonic energy, because of the fact his being one of the first half-human half-demons, he has an INCREDIBLE amount of Yoki, which makes him dangerous when it comes out, but he lacks control of it, which is why his horns are cut off and shaved down, as a sign to keep his power in check, and a visual nod to Hellboy. :smile: He also will remain part of the Hidden Leaf throughout TDW, helping Tsunade, Shizune, and many others as best he can, and even introducing items from Makai to help his new family.

Gouki sounds really cool. \(^^)/

Yeah...

#34 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:25 AM

Tl5OPGn.jpg

Next for the Demon Invasion arc, we have Gouki's little sister, Pema and Gouken's daughter, Botan. :smile: Like Gouki, Botan is designed to be more old-fashioned than most characters in Naruto would be. Like her brother and half-brothers though, Botan has Yoki, but hers isn't as strong as her brothers', yet she can still use it to open "Gates", which act as transportation portals to anywhere on Earth or in Makai. It allows her to also act as an envoy because of the fact she can get from point A to point B in a heartbeat if necessary. Plus she idolizes Gouki a lot, driven to be able to help him out as much as she can when it comes to his involvement in the Hidden Leaf.

#35 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:08 PM

Teleportation? The original characters are lookin' really cool.

Yeah...

#36 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

gayeq1O.jpg

Next, we have the MAIN villain of the Demon Invasion arc, Gouken's eldest child, Gozen. Gozen was born to a demon named Setsuka, and inherited her powers over the darker forces of the universe, aka the darkness itself. Like ninja can do with chakra, he molds dark energy into a weapon, a shield, or so much more.

When coming up with Gozen originally, he was meant to be someone so driven to replace his father that he attempted a coup d'etat, even to the point he'd kill his half-brother Gouki and others who were in his way to do so. That remains true, yet what he also is motivated by simple hatred. After all, hate needs no reason to exist; Gozen just believes himself to be superior to humans because he was born a full-blooded demon, and thus not just wishes to overthrow Gouken, but also to kill as many humans as he can. You could compare him to Hody Jones from One Piece's Fish-Man Island arc, since he believed that he himself was superior to humans because he was a Fishman (spoiler alert) without having any substance to his hate for humans, unlike Arlong who had a reason to hate humans besides a superiority complex.

That kind of arrogance makes Gozen a dangerous foe, simply because he will refuse to be stopped, even if it means he kills those who are his subordinates or even family. He has a lot of charisma, which is what led him to gather followers that would be his New Makai Army. He also loathes his father now, mostly because he would bed a human and have 2 half-human children, which stems from his hatred towards humankind, as well as his viewing them as ants, unworthy of the Earth.

#37 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

lQ1wFox.jpg

Next is Goshin, Gouken and Setsuka's youngest son, as well as Gozen's blood brother, plus Gouki and Botan's half-brother. Compared to Gozen, who is more like an Oni, Goshin is more akin to how Western countries tend to view demons. He himself is known as The Swift because he's extremely fast. Of course, he has small rest periods after using repeated bursts of his incredible speed, which uses with his claws, his wings, and his teeth to tear into his opponents as well as to also "force" air into an attack.

Goshin has a similar attitude toward humans as Gozen, and he feels it is providence that has led the two to form the New Makai Army in order to topple their father and let Gozen be the King of Makai. Goshin is handy since his speed has allowed him to make contact with many demons who shared the same feelings toward humans and toward King Gouken, which made it easier for the New Makai Army to rise. Goshin hates their father, but he also deep down still has some love for him, even if he feels he isn't worthy to lead Makai anymore...

#38 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:00 PM

Goshin's cooler out of the two vilains of the Demon arc. :D

Yeah...

#39 Ausakura

Ausakura

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

I liked the designs alot!

I made you a present.

DSC02179.jpg

#40 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:20 AM

Thanks, but it seems the pic is broken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users