• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 emilykawaii123

emilykawaii123

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Theater, Dance, The Twilight Series, all things Japanese

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:54 AM

I know there was a post a while ago where everyone voted on how many more chapters they suspect we'll get, but things seem to be moving very quickly lately and I was wondering if anyone has a more accurate guess or if they perhaps know how many chapters Kishi-sensei is signed on for.

#2 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:41 AM

At least over 100 chapters left so it should end around late 500s - early 600s
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#3 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:43 AM

I hope so, because I don't want Naruto to finish any time soon. I think there'll be about 150 or less. If he has pacients. =)

#4 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:02 AM

I doubt it will be resolved until all of the following characters (for good or ill) are dealt with:
Danzo and Root
Madara and Zetsu
Sasuke and Team Hawk
Kisame
Kabutorochimaru

Given it often takes around five or six chapters for one decisive battle that MIGHT eliminate one of these guys, I'd say we have a minimum of 25 chapters to go if we have nothing but one big continuous fight with no story to explain why people are getting into these fights or to explain what the result of them will be. I'm actually guessing there'll be a lot more than that, however, considering some of these important guys (Kisame, Kabutomaru) haven't exactly been around, lately, and will need re-introduction to the plot. There is also the potential of bringing Naruto into the next generation that was discussed in one interview, and a lot of loose threads hanging around waiting to be explored (what happened to Rin? What happened to Kushina? Will Naruto ever be named hokage? Will Tsunade recover, and when? What will be the ultimate outcome of the five kage summit? What will become of people like Konohamaru, Kuranai and her baby? How will Ino's quest 'not to lose to Sakura' be resolved? What will become of the Hyuuga clan? Will Tenten ever be important? whistling.gif

So, basically, I'm thinking we're still years away from the end of the manga. But I could be wrong....

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#5 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:46 AM

I am thinking about two years or so, but with things wrapping up so quickly. I could see it being at least 2011 or so.

From MH, what kishi wrote at the 47 vol cover flap:

「ラストに向けての構想も確実に進み、それに向かって全力で描いていってます!
『NARUTO‐ナルト‐』を最後までお楽しみください!!」
"The plot is making steady progress towards the ending; facing this, I'm pouring all my energy into drawing! Please enjoy Naruto until the very end!!"

#6 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:35 AM

I'm not sure.

The plot is unmistakably heading towards the end, for good and for ill. I agree with Desaix: I doubt we'll seee the last chapter before the situations he listed have been dealt with. Besides, we have to count with whatever revelations and character developments Kishimoto sees fit.

Depending on the evolution and progression of the plot, I reckon maybe there'll be another arc after the current one... and surely that'll be it. Given that the last sagas have lasted fifty chapters roughly, I guess Naruto will wrap in 2010 or 2011 at the very latest.

Will Tenten ever be important?

No. whistling.gif

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#7 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:50 AM

A while...

Hopefully...

IM NEVA GUNNA LEAVE MY NARU-KUN!

shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Xabsol, 02 September 2009 - 08:51 AM.

#8 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

I doubt it will be resolved until all of the following characters (for good or ill) are dealt with:
Danzo and Root
Madara and Zetsu
Sasuke and Team Hawk
Kisame
Kabutorochimaru

don't forget about narusaku...I mean the pairings tongue.gif

edit:

Yea...I don't want naruto end soon, even though it takes a long time to wait the good story.
Maybe about...200 chapters. I really hope Kishi also cares about his body and health. Maybe you know what I mean.

Edited by Sherry, 02 September 2009 - 04:13 PM.

#9 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:09 PM

You know what, we don't know. For all things out of normal ounce Madara is dead, something is discover that he wasn't the brains behind the operation, and a more shady evil specter rises out and kills everything on his line of sight, except the main characters.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#10 Yondaime's Son

Yondaime's Son

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Sep 25 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what, we don't know. For all things out of normal ounce Madara is dead, something is discover that he wasn't the brains behind the operation, and a more shady evil specter rises out and kills everything on his line of sight, except the main characters.

O.o What do you think this is? DBZ? Bleach? Sailor Moon?

hm.png ... hm.png

Yeah don't answer that.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while. Tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born. The key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight..." ~"Key of the Twilight", .hack//SIGN

#11 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

xDD, idk :O i mean i though Oro was the real bad guy, then i thought Pain was, now its Madara xDD.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#12 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Oct 20 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
xDD, idk :O i mean i though Oro was the real bad guy, then i thought Pain was, now its Madara xDD.

Oro is. End of story.

"But Kishimoto says..."

kitten 'EM. Orochimaru all the way!

Anyways, I'd give or take a year if we go to an extended arc. Estimated chapters in all, maybe 500. 1,000 at most. 2,000 at "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, KISHIMOTO?!"

#13 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Oct 20 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyways, I'd give or take a year if we go to an extended arc. Estimated chapters in all, maybe 500. 1,000 at most. 2,000 at "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, KISHIMOTO?!"

LOL

I think we have two more years or so for the manga to come to its end. Well, I hope so.

#14 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

I can't imagine too much more unless Kishi feels like really dragging it out.

Edited by Freakazoid, 20 October 2009 - 09:04 PM.

#15 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:36 PM

so are we talking about the end of the series entirely or just the end of this curent part of the story.

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Merger Knight @ Oct 20 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so are we talking about the end of the series entirely or just the end of this curent part of the story.

The "Official" End of the series.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#17 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

Naruto GT will keep it going for another few years.

#18 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:08 AM

I think it's pretty close to the end of part 2 of the manga. I think less than a year. But I think Kishimoto might do not just a final chapter with a timeskip, but a final arc with Naruto and Sakura as adults. Naruto as Hokage, Sakura married to him and how he changes the world for the better, he might save Kabutomaru for Naruto to face off against in that arc. I think he'll wrap up the series right around the 11th anniversary- next October.

I'm hoping he does decide to do a Genin aged Minato prequel series next. I'd love to read that-
Young major tomboy Kushina
Twenty-something Jiraiya and Tsunade
Sakumo and his wife with an infant Kakashi
Sarutobi with his wife, his young daughter (Konohamaru's eventual mother) and preschooler Asuma
Konoha 11 parents as Genin kids
Find out who Minato's mysterious team mates were
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#19 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:46 AM

It depends anything can happen at this point. I would like to see a time skip because I really don't see Kishi spending 30 or more chapters on a ninja war. biggrin.gif

#20 TheVileOne

TheVileOne

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Anime, professional wrestling, movies, acting, film criticism, exercising, DVD collecting.

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:55 AM

I really want to see Minato and Kushina as young teenagers falling in love and stuff. I'm super intrigued about Kushina and we've barely seen anything of her. I'm highly intrigued by a female fire cracker naruto that was the last of her village and seduced the man that became the greatest hokage.

I still believe Kushina is alive too biggrin.gif .

I don't want to speculate what will happen with timeskips or this or that. But I do really want to see the upbringing of the Minato Namikaze generation.

Joe Is Gonna Kill You.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users