Close
Photo

Is Sakura the jelous type?

Sakura NaruSaku

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Sakura the jeleous type? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Sakura the jeleous type?

1. Yes (17 votes [58.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.62%

2. No (4 votes [13.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

3. Not Sure (8 votes [27.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Vote

#1 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

This I believe has been discussed many times here, NS vs NH debates and also SS fans as to if Sakura is really is the jealous type? 

I believe many would say yes given how she acted around Sasuke before the Forrest of Death and when she argues with Ino at that time as well. However she may have only done that cause when is comes to Sasuke during that time she was very immature and not herself around him.

naruto-1961661.jpg

Now here comes the part were we usually say she is the jealous type is when she ever reacts to Hinata and her moments with Naruto (chapters 442 and 615).

d8b234166934701f8215cc8577b9f69812388245

naruto-3780173.jpg So is she yes or no?

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

For Naruto wise, it's more of a jealous serious route. Can't say about 615 but I'll decide what it is after arc ends. Anyway, the way I see is like two jealous type. One is comedy route as in the one you pointed it out. The other one is rather more serious. Another example of second one would be like seeing a misinterpreted kiss with her love interest and another girl. That's my take.

#3 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

For Naruto wise, it's more of a jealous serious route. Can't say about 615 but I'll decide what it is after arc ends. Anyway, the way I see is like two jealous type. One is comedy route as in the one you pointed it out. The other one is rather more serious. Another example of second one would be like seeing a misinterpreted kiss with her love interest and another girl. That's my take.

I see you need a little more information in the manga before you decide.

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

I see you need a little more information in the manga before you decide.

It just something that 615 could carry out from that other time. I would say this though. If Sakura care for Hinata's love, the hug pretty much destroyed it.

#5 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

I find Sakura to be a competitive character and therefor definitely could see her being jealous (I presume we are thinking of her with Naruto and being jealous of others in that scenario).

In terms of the levels of jealousy, though, I think it would be rather low. Sakura has already and continues to mature a lot. I could see her more grumbling about something than getting angry or being rude to someone, like Hinata for example.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

I can't say really. From what I see those comedic jealousy moments are anime or filler only. It has only ever been Hinata that also shows canon romantic affection for Naruto and it's kind of hard to describe Sakura's reactions as jealousy, in a sense. Well I mean you could likely call it jealousy, but it wasn't the type of look that says she wants Naruto all for herself if you know what I mean. Sasuke is a different matter because both Sakura and Ino had a crush on the "bad boy" and were actively competing for him. With Naruto however, she shows affection for him, but also much more maturity than her dealings with Sasuke, so who knows?  

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 October 2013 - 09:30 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Is Sakura the jealous type?

well any girl IMO is a jealous creature in one way or another.. but we just have different ways expressing it.
So my answer would be a YES.

The first example with Sasuke is also mixed with rivalry. Ino is one BIG wall for Sakura that she needs to overcome. but still it IS a kind of jealousy.

The second example (Sakura healing Hinata) is more like a honest statement, a honest answer.

"Hinata...loves..Naruto..."

It is her reply to Neji's "Why did she do it?"

Sakura fully knows the answer why Hinata did what she did..

let's also take into account that Sakura is NOT aware of what's happening over there. therefore she wasn't able to hear the confession but all she knew (thanks to the Hyuuga beside her) is that Hinata tried to help Naruto.

She knows it full well because SHE DID THE SAME THING. minus the confession..but the content is there.
so yeah the second example for me isn't really a sign of jealousy probably a part of it is, rather its more like Sakura doesn't fully realize what she's saying implies that she love and would do the same thing for that person.

The third one, i'm still not so sure of.

My first time reading it gave me the expression that Sakura remembered something.

I wouldn't be shock if Kishi suddenly decides to show us that Sakura was thinking of ch442

the: "Hinata...loves..Naruto..." during that time when Hinata was giving out a speech.

The elements are identical. we have Neji, a troubled Naruto, and a sidelined Sakura...who again have this questionable expression.

#8 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Cant say about those, if Sakura feel or not jealous towards Naruto we dont know but it's certainly different because it's not feelings that she acknowledged, for Sasuke case she already acknowledged that she's in love with him.

Which is why when she sees Naruto on moments like this, she got more surprised than jealous.

It's like she doesnt know how to react.

But as for the two moments that were adressed i dont know if she felt jealous there.
On the first, could be either simpathy or something else but not romantic wise as jealous and the second, could be a lot of different things.

Could be that she was shocked to see that Naruto was wavering or etc...

But i would go for the jealous route for the second, she was hearing that moment and obviously saw it, Hinata helped Naruto there bringing Naruto back to his senses and obviously we know how much Sakura wants to help Naruto, at least it can explain how she quickly jumped to heal Naruto on the moment.

But i would go with your interpretation that she was jealous on the second panel.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 21 October 2013 - 02:33 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#9 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Cant say about those, if Sakura feel or not jealous towards Naruto we dont know but it's certainly different because it's not feelings that she acknowledged, for Sasuke case she already acknowledged that she's in love with him.

Which is why when she sees Naruto on moments like this, she got more surprised than jealous.

It's like she doesnt know how to react.

But as for the two moments that were adressed i dont know if she felt jealous there.
On the first, could be either simpathy or something else but not romantic wise as jealous and the second, could be a lot of different things.

Could be that she was shocked to see that Naruto was wavering or etc...

But i would go for the jealous route for the second, she was hearing that moment and obviously saw it, Hinata helped Naruto there bringing Naruto back to his senses and obviously we know how much Sakura wants to help Naruto, at least it can explain how she quickly jumped to heal Naruto on the moment.

But i would go with your interpretation that she was jealous on the second panel.

Why you think she was jealous in 615?

#10 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Why you think she was jealous in 615?

She jumped so quickly to heal Naruto that looked like "this time i'll heal you".

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 21 October 2013 - 02:51 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#11 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Great thread!

So at first, I was inclined to think that no, Sakura wasn't really a jealous type, etc. etc. But I'd completely forgotten about those old Sasuke panels early on in the manga. Yup! She definitely was with Sasuke! lol

But with Naruto, her "jealousy" reflects the nature of her love for him. With Sasuke, it was a silly immature crush coupled with loud immature rivalry. With Naruto, it is a deep unnameable bond that does not have outward rivals. So the thought that Naruto might not return her feelings definitely shakes Sakura to her core, as it has been shown twice in the manga. I think it reflects how deep her love for him actually is.

It's not really jealousy anymore. If Naruto really cared about Hinata, then Sakura wouldn't be jealous of her — she'd be happy for Naruto and suffer through her pain quietly, just like he did with her and Sasuke when they were children.

The other thing from those panels above is that I think Sakura knows just how much Hinata cares for Naruto. I don't think it can be excused away. And I don't think Hinata's feelings have been resolved at all. (In fact, I don't think that will come till the very end, after we have some more shipping strife.)

I think Naruto will choose Sakura, because of the overwhelming development of her character and plot line versus Hinata's. (Whereas Hinata has only been developed in relation to her love for Naruto.) But I think shipping-wise, it will come down to not which girl loves Naruto more (like with Ino and Sakura fighting over Sasuke) but which girl he has always loved. And of course we know which one that is!  :fan:

So yeah, I think Sakura is the jealous type, but I don't think we'll see it come back again. It's gone the way of Inner Sakura, never to return.

#12 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Great thread!

So at first, I was inclined to think that no, Sakura wasn't really a jealous type, etc. etc. But I'd completely forgotten about those old Sasuke panels early on in the manga. Yup! She definitely was with Sasuke! lol

But with Naruto, her "jealousy" reflects the nature of her love for him. With Sasuke, it was a silly immature crush coupled with loud immature rivalry. With Naruto, it is a deep unnameable bond that does not have outward rivals. So the thought that Naruto might not return her feelings definitely shakes Sakura to her core, as it has been shown twice in the manga. I think it reflects how deep her love for him actually is.

It's not really jealousy anymore. If Naruto really cared about Hinata, then Sakura wouldn't be jealous of her — she'd be happy for Naruto and suffer through her pain quietly, just like he did with her and Sasuke when they were children.

The other thing from those panels above is that I think Sakura knows just how much Hinata cares for Naruto. I don't think it can be excused away. And I don't think Hinata's feelings have been resolved at all. (In fact, I don't think that will come till the very end, after we have some more shipping strife.)

I think Naruto will choose Sakura, because of the overwhelming development of her character and plot line versus Hinata's. (Whereas Hinata has only been developed in relation to her love for Naruto.) But I think shipping-wise, it will come down to not which girl loves Naruto more (like with Ino and Sakura fighting over Sasuke) but which girl he has always loved. And of course we know which one that is!  :fan:

So yeah, I think Sakura is the jealous type, but I don't think we'll see it come back again. It's gone the way of Inner Sakura, never to return.

Where??

SK-303_image007.jpg

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

She jumped so quickly to heal Naruto that looked like "this time i'll heal you".

Ah I get it.

You know, it's rather funny that even though Naruto's actions moved Sakura to get stronger, Naruto never seem to grade her and tell her that she is strong and don't need to worry about him thinking if she's strong. He already thought that since the tree climbing (even though he felt jealous that she did in a second). Hinata was like a student being in love with a teacher/professor. I just thought of it now the more I think about it.

#14 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Ah I get it.

You know, it's rather funny that even though Naruto's actions moved Sakura to get stronger, Naruto never seem to grade her and tell her that she is strong and don't need to worry about him thinking if she's strong. He already thought that since the tree climbing (even though he felt jealous that she did in a second). Hinata was like a student being in love with a teacher/professor. I just thought of it now the more I think about it.

I felt that it was explained last chapter.

People feel moved when see someome trying so hard to do something.
Sakura is on this case, obviously she was moved thoughout the entire story by Naruto's actions because she is the most close to him, she saw him trying hard ot bring Sasuke back and decided to be strong to help him(Hospital Naruto/Sakura scene ending of part 1), training to master jutsus and so many things that she's the most who got moved to help him.
It's clearly obvious that on 629 she was touched due to Naruto's desire to protect everyone despite it hurting him, before Minato arrives and once again by him healing Shikamaru and she wanted to handle it for him.

Sometimes i think it may be mistaken with love, but what really was love is on moments where she clearly cross the line.

Like the summit, to a point that she considered returning Naruto's feelings for his sake it's obvious that there's something there.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 21 October 2013 - 03:14 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

I felt that it was explained last chapter.

People feel moved when see someome trying so hard to do something.
Sakura is on this case, obviously she was moved thoughout the entire story by Naruto's actions because she is the most close to him, she saw him trying hard ot bring Sasuke back and decided to be strong to help him(Hospital Naruto/Sakura scene ending of part 1), training to master jutsus and so many things that she's the most who got moved to help him.
It's clearly obvious that on 629 she was touched due to Naruto's desire to protect everyone despite it hurting him, before Minato arrives and once again by him healing Shikamaru and she wanted to handle it for him.

Sometimes i think it may be mistaken with love, but what really was love is on moments where she clearly cross the line.

Like the summit, to a point that she considered returning Naruto's feelings for his sake it's obvious that there's something there.

I believe I explained this in the debate thread that the fact that the atmosphere/mood on her move doesn't scream only friends, even if her intention isn't love. The action sometimes is done by heart, which she is not that fully aware of if you ask me. There are times that people would think something is up due to actions or even words. Though I do wonder why Minato would ask that question but hey, sure helped a lot.

#16 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

I agree with Tricksie. Sakura was the jealous type with Sasuke because she and her feelings were immature, everyone is prone to feeling some kind of jealousy, it's human, but I think overcoming it and learning to not let it control your actions is a sign of maturity, and I believe that's what Sakura has done. In those panels concerning Hinata's feelings or interactions with Naruto, I don't see her expressing any kind of envy, it looks more like... realization perhaps.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 21 October 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#17 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Great thread!

When I was thinking of doing this thread, it came to my head when it came to the Sakura, Sasuke and Ino part.

#18 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

So the thought that Naruto might not return her feelings definitely shakes Sakura to her core, as it has been shown twice in the manga. I think it reflects how deep her love for him actually is.

Where??

In the Sasuke, Ino, Sakura panels, Sakura has no problem vocally expressing her jealousy to Ino, naming Ino outright as a rival, and all of this in front of Sasuke. 

But in both the Hinata/Naruto incidents (during Pain's arc and in the current war arc) Sakura's reaction to Hinata's love of/for Naruto is highly internalized. She is shown as being deeply surprised in both cases. But she doesn't go out and bash Naruto on the head. And she doesn't go out and rename her Hinata-pig.

The difference in her  reaction reflects the difference in the depth of feeling for her two teammates. Sakura's feelings for Sasuke were shallow and immature. Her feelings for Naruto are deep and complex. So she isn't so much threatened by Ino as she sees her as a rival (which appeals to Sakura's competitive side). But with Hinata, I don't think Sakura feels threatened. Instead, Hinata's very vocal confessions to Naruto (combined with Sai's info) have made her question her own feelings and act on them, as well as question his feelings for her (like if they still are there or not).

At the very least, Hinata's confession has brought Sakura to understand that other people see the changes in Naruto and that Naruto himself might have fallen for someone else. Sakura can't coast to the end of the manga with Naruto as a second choice to Sasuke. The reader knows that he's not her fallback. They have to choose each other. 

#19 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Can't say for sure.

When it was towards sasuke, yeah that was during her ideal love phase when she cared more about his looks and talent rather than the person. She had the rivalry with Ino, this was the baseline of it all. This however died down after she learned Sasuke had his flaws, Naruto wasn't annoying or stupid as she thought, and espcially when Sasuke ran away, it turned from jealously to sorrow if anything given the negative impacts on both of them. Sakura has now shown she doesn't trust Sasuke knowing something isn't right.

Towards Naruto, its possible. Going by the 3rd databook of her unanswered feelings, its evident if anything this is still the case with her. At this point after learning about how he feels for her, trying to end the promise, resolving not to let everything fall on him, giving the allaince a speech about not relying only on Naruto (hence due to the land of iron events), and being constantly concerned about his wellbeing this arc, well its safe to say if anything she is highly cocerned and compassionate about his wellbeing, Sakura today is the complete opposite of the childish one we first met who used to never wanted to do anything with Naruto. Now is she actually jealous? Desiring to have something that someone else has? If I had to say, Sakura can be subconsciously jealous. Basically given what has occured with Hinata, remember Hinata had the love for Naruto at the start so in essence it could be "easier to apporach" Hinata's only obsticle to confess to naruto was shyness, not very complex, she did it in the middle of the battle too. For Sakura though, look at her predicament, guy she loved ran away, guy she used to hate and make fun of but became a better friend too promised to get the one she loved back. Naruto promised her. The acts of the promise and how much it had fallen on Naruto to the point of being like a potential death sentience combined with the crap Sasuke pulled, well obviously Sakura was in a position of Sasuke who she "loved" and her best friend who was being so selfless it came to the point she was desperate to try and save naruto by making him give up with confessing to him or resolving to kill sasuke. Though niether worked, she bcame much more understanding of Naruto and still doesn't trust sasuke.

Now back to the Hinata factor, its possible that because of her actions, it can be a buffer or incitement plot divice to intiate or invoke something else for Sakura. Given Sakura's eariler situation as explained between Naruto and Sasuke, Hinata's love could potentially be buffering Sakura into something else like being more honest with herself or helping her mature. She knows what Sasuke became, she is highly concerned for Naruto. If the moment with pain was where she just smiled and said something like "tell him when you are ready hinata" or "ill protect him for now, he will see you later" then yea that would definately have given NH a much bigger role, but Sakura just paused and seemed, unsure how to respond fully to it. We always say Sakura can be subconsciously in love with Naruto, because she is concerned to the point of him most of all beyond others. I mean for still "loving" Sasuke, she has focused on Naruto practically 90% of this arc. the remaining 10% was divided between Sasuke for not trusting him and healing shikamaru. So what is it at this point?

Well yea she can be subconsciously jealous or unsure of Naruto, its proven Sakura has a conflict between from what Naruto is doing and what Sasuke has become, that plot still exists. The highlight though is again, with stuff like 631 pulling hints about NS and Sakura being the only girl so far compared to kushina, it stands to reason that yeah she can be jealous but not openly active about it. Sakura just has a conflict of her own between her love of Sasuke and what she really thinks of Naruto. As for the hug in 450, I wouldn't call that initiated by Hinata's actions, it was a significant part on her own at that point cause remember, it was the first time she was openly compassionate to Naruto on her own will. She thanked him and came to trust him when the promise was made, but this time with the hug, it was the first on her end in which she was thanking him in a way she never had before, its just common for a tsundere to do stuff like that after a big event, they reveal some form of care that was not shown before usually after a big crisis. Sakura was usually nice or irritated at Naruto but this event on her own left Naruto surprised at the hug. It was again just a moment to show how far at the time Sakura had gone from hating to caring and being thankful to Naruto.

In conclusion one could say, possibly, Sakura can just be possibly jealous, subconsciously loving Naruto but has an internal conflict between what occurred with Sasuke and what Naruto has been doing. She hasn't fully matured but she is still able to eventually move into that direction. Realizing real love from idealistic or "selfish" as kishi long ago called it, taking Naruto over Sasuke in the end is very possible and believable at this point.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#20 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Great thread!

I think the better question is whether she is more jealous than others. When it comes to that emotion, most people are prone to it when it comes to romantic feelings especially when concerned about the individual they like might like someone else. If nothing else we wish they would like us instead. There is  difference between that and the person who blows up everytime that object interacts with a member of the opposite sex. 

I don't read too much into the Ino/Sakura spat because I think that it was as much about beating Ino as it was getting Sasuke. That particular behavior hasn't manifested itsef elsewhere. Of course, she hasn't been put in a situation where she sees that there is a competition with someone else for Naruto or anyone else's feelings.  The scene with Hinata...I'm not sure I would call it jealousy, especially when subsequent events indicating someone who has not completely settled her own feelings. The manga hasn't really said how far along she is with admitting to herself that she holds romantic feelings for Naruto (assuming she has them). If she still has not done so, why would she be jeolous that Hinata likes Naruto? Even had she acknowedge those feelings why would she be jealous Hinata loves Naruto when there is no indication that anybody thinks he returns them?

I put I don't know because while I don't think she's any better or any worse than anyone else (outside of the Ino thing) the series hasn't really put her in positions where I think we can gauge the issue with any accuracy. The trope she falls into typically has that issue, but Sakura really isn't a slave to that trope, so I put no stock in that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura, NaruSaku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users