26 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:57 PM

The anime season for Spring 2016 is pretty much almost over. And yeah, it was pretty bad.

Below's a comprehensive list for summer 2016. What are you guys gonna watch?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/season

This season seems to truly better to me than last season. For one, there are various season 2s that I will watch (Shokugeki no Soma, Arslan, Nanatsu no Taizai (miniseries)). There are also a few animes to which I've already read the manga (Berserk and Orange). Other than that, I'm also looking forward to Mob Psycho whose creator also drew One Punch Man. And then, there are those series that I'm simply watching for kitten reasons such as Tales of Zestiria the X (b/c of Ufotable) and Hatsukoi Monster (b/c of the pedophilia vibes). The only thing I regret is that I cannot watch D. Gray Man as I've not started the manga yet.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:59 PM

91 Days, Mob Psycho 100, Arslan Senki... I think that's about it for me. D.gray-man will have to wait until I've caught up.

#3 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:15 PM

Besides Digimon Tri nothing else, pity I am in the longest drought of anime I have seen.  

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#4 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:40 PM

Besides Digimon Tri nothing else, pity I am in the longest drought of anime I have seen.  

Good thing is we can look forward to a CCS anime in the future!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#5 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:56 PM

Good thing is we can look forward to a CCS anime in the future!

Hey you right, I hope is made by Mad House same quality like Ore Monogatari.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:55 AM

Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate and Tales of Zestiria the X. nothing else piques my interest :ermm: I'll do the typical rule of thumb for anime and give a series I AM interested in and watch the first 3 episodes. If I'm not hooked, no thanks. :down:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:12 AM

Choosing an anime to watch depends on either plot/genre or seiyuu.

Series

• D.Gray-man
  • Tsukiuta
  • Orange
  • Fukigen na Mononokean
  • 91 Days
  • Servamp
  • Hatsukoi Monster
  • Handa-kun
  • B-Project
  • Scared Rider Xechs
  • Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu

Movie

• Digimon
  • Kimi no Na wa.
  • Koe no Katachi

#8 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:19 PM

I'm definitely watching Shokugeki no Souma and Orange. Ill probably check out Handa-kun because I've heard it's pretty good.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#9 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:09 AM

Well Souma is a given, I will probably watch Handa-kun. Amaama to Inazuma sounds like an interesting anime, really am a sucker for these types of single father type stories, New Game is a light hearted manga about a newbie in the game industry, with some really good artwork, (really you should see the mangaka's previous manga, it's fully coloured and is something else, the art not the story) Kono Bijutsubu another manga I'll watch just for laughs, I had thought the manga was over, but I was mistaken for the mangaka's other work.

So my plan for this summer is to just watch, light hearted, plot light animes.

Well I might watch Orange, but the end sucked so I'm not sure I want to watch a anime where I know the end will disappoint, (then again, being dissapointed with manga endings is a running theme with me, I was trying to think of a end from a anime. manga or LN that I was satisfied with a few days ago and I could only think of Code Geuss and I watched that years ago.)

iAnby7W.gif

#10 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

Well Souma is a given, I will probably watch Handa-kun. Amaama to Inazuma sounds like an interesting anime, really am a sucker for these types of single father type stories, New Game is a light hearted manga about a newbie in the game industry, with some really good artwork, (really you should see the mangaka's previous manga, it's fully coloured and is something else, the art not the story) Kono Bijutsubu another manga I'll watch just for laughs, I had thought the manga was over, but I was mistaken for the mangaka's other work.

So my plan for this summer is to just watch, light hearted, plot light animes.

Well I might watch Orange, but the end sucked so I'm not sure I want to watch a anime where I know the end will disappoint, (then again, being dissapointed with manga endings is a running theme with me, I was trying to think of a end from a anime. manga or LN that I was satisfied with a few days ago and I could only think of Code Geuss and I watched that years ago.)

Yeah, the ending of Orange is prob gonna follow the manga... which sucks. Cause I still thought it was a lazy and rushed ending.

Oh, and I also plan to watch the anime with the single dad. I like SOL animes <3

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#11 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, the ending of Orange is prob gonna follow the manga... which sucks. Cause I still thought it was a lazy and rushed ending.

Oh, and I also plan to watch the anime with the single dad. I like SOL animes <3

Yeah Slice of Life animes/manga's with good humour can be good fun to watch. This spring the only anime i ended up watching was the one with the girls and their bikes, it was obviously a rip-off from K-on but it seemed to be self aware it was a rip-off and just went along with it. A blatent 30 minute advert for motorbikes, that would not get pass the Broadcasting standards in the UK, but it's apparently fine in Japan. It was one of those animes that were deliberately cringeworthy, so bad it was good.

iAnby7W.gif

#12 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:46 PM

Yeah Slice of Life animes/manga's with good humour can be good fun to watch. This spring the only anime i ended up watching was the one with the girls and their bikes, it was obviously a rip-off from K-on but it seemed to be self aware it was a rip-off and just went along with it. A blatent 30 minute advert for motorbikes, that would not get pass the Broadcasting standards in the UK, but it's apparently fine in Japan. It was one of those animes that were deliberately cringeworthy, so bad it was good.

My favorite SOL anime this season was actually Flying Witch. I prob belong to the niche community that has watched the anime, but those who have watched it loved the anime! I dunno. It didn't really add anything to the genre, but it was nevertheless well executed in my eyes.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#13 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:15 AM

My favorite SOL anime this season was actually Flying Witch. I prob belong to the niche community that has watched the anime, but those who have watched it loved the anime! I dunno. It didn't really add anything to the genre, but it was nevertheless well executed in my eyes.

I watched a few episodes of that, same with the Manga, it's an enjoyable watch but it's one of those animes where if you miss one chapter you think you can watch it later and then later becomes a few months down the line. Also they did a really good job with their adaptation, the animation, and pace were faithful to the manga, they might have been tempted to spice things up a bit or increase the pace or concentrate on the magic elemenofto it, but they stuck true to the manga.

iAnby7W.gif

#14 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

I watched the first episode to ReLife, and that was cute! I think I will follow the anime.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#15 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

I watched the first episode to ReLife, and that was cute! I think I will follow the anime.

Did they just Netflix this and release the full season in one go?

iAnby7W.gif

#16 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

Why orange ending suck?
I tought it's a good ending.

#17 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

Why orange ending suck?
I tought it's a good ending.

It didn't suck per sai, it was just very lacklustre. It felt very rushed, and I guess you can say safe. There was so much more that could been done, but instead felt like the mangaka just went, 'I can't be bothered' and just went and they all lived happily ever after.

iAnby7W.gif

#18 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

@harry
What could the author tell more?

#19 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

@harry
What could the author tell more?

Well for one the way she dealt with the MC finding out about everyone else manipulating things could have been dealt with better, he was completely fine with it, which didn't fit into the profile of the charactor up until that point, the way the other best friend and his love for the female lead was handled was another weak point, he had to pretty much grin and bare it, that situation could have been done better. I can't think of other reasons as the end did not leave any sort of impression on me, just hollow, there are much better reasons given on the Orange thread. I'm not the only one who found the end lacking. Saying it sucked was not an accurate description, lacking would be a better description.

iAnby7W.gif

#20 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:36 PM

Did they just Netflix this and release the full season in one go?

Looks like it. I was like:" Huh, why are all the episodes up online already?"

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime, summer season, summer 2016, better than spring 2016

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users