Close
Photo

Do you think this would happen if NaruSaku became canon?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#41 Kiaya

Kiaya

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Anime, other stuff...

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Sakura would probably just think about Sasuke being the best thing she never had. Hahaha, kinda like that song from Beyoncé. biggrin.gif

#42 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Kiaya @ May 3 2012, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura would probably just think about Sasuke being the best thing she never had. Hahaha, kinda like that song from Beyoncé. biggrin.gif

That song is in my head now lol.
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#43 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

Of course not - for plot reasons if nothing else. Whoever Kishi ends up pairing together in the manga in the end is going to be together because they want to be together and because they love each other unconditionally. All of the pairings have been that way, even if it takes the female a long time to realize her feelings for the guy (read: Tsunade and Jiraiya).
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#44 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

Meh, you guys can think what you wish. I just think there is more to this than most realize. There is is something more that Kishi isn't telling yet
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#45 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 2 2012, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I keep looking at that scene over and over and I just don't get that feeling. It's not a feeling of her retaining feelings like many claim. It is her closing all feelings she had for him. We are shown the process of her moving on from it. I half expected many scenes where Sakura is fighting her own emotions and her own logic. Eventually coming to a conclusion that what she wants is not with who she thought would be.

I want to ask, how many have been through a really bad break up? I have and even though I have thought about the person it was me finding closure. What was the reason why it didn't work out? Reflecting ideas back onto the situation and so forth. From my own experiences, whenever I thought about the person or someone asked me about love I thought my ex. "You need someone special" Was my ex special? "You need someone who loves you no matter what" Was she someone that loved me no matter what? and yes I even got a similar "She must be someone special." I realized she wasn't something special. She was mean and nasty to me and I realized I was the true pathetic one. Like people have said of her regretting her emotions.

Well that's the reason why I put "problem" in quotation marks, because to me, there really isn't a problem. Yeah sure, the fact that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke after everything he's done is kind of a bummer but ultimately, I feel that having Sakura go through this process is the best solution, not just because it is the most realistic, but because it also fits with Sakura's role of being the most human out of all the Naruto characters.

As for your question. Yeah, I have been through a really bad break up. It was about five years ago. At the time, I was very upset (she was the one who broke up with me), but in just a few months I slowly began to realize that it really wasn't a healthy relationship. Once that happened, my life improved drastically and overall I felt like I came out of it as a better more mature person.

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 2 2012, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, while I have the same conclusion, the path I an looking at is different.

Look at what the lover-nin said "He must be a great guy." That sentence alone makes me think as much as Sakura did. The fact that Sasuke isn't a great guy. The fact that she tries see it in Sasuke and can't is her realizing the truth and getting closure.

Now, let's say in the upcoming chapters Sakura sees Naruto again and the lover-nins words play in her mind "He must be a great guy" and she sees Naruto standing like a hero fighting the enemy protecting everyone from harm even at the cost of his own health. If Kishi does that in any form or in anyway implies this way of thinking, then it would confirm my theory that really this is just Sakura getting closure and re-evaluating her feelings.

Agreed. Once she gets to actually see Naruto in action, I believe whatever inner turmoil she might have about love will be resolved. However, as I've said before, nothing will truly be resolved until Naruto and Sakura both sit down and sort out their feelings.

QUOTE (redragon88 @ May 2 2012, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could analyze it all I wanted but the fact is that when Sakura thinks of romantic love her thoughts are with Sasuke. If she thought of Naruto as someone to love even for a second then the pairing drama in this series would immediately be over. If she was shown loving both equally it would be obvious that eventually Naruto would win Sakura's full affection, we have one too many overwhelming evidence for it, but that would make for a very anti-climatic conclusion. We would simply be boringly waiting for the moment to happen instead of being genuinely excited when it occurs. I think Kishimoto really wants to take people by surprise when it happens and make the fans think in retrospect of all that has happened between Naruto and Sakura so that they realize how much it was destined to happen.

Sakura still thinking of Sasuke is to keep the readers in anticipation and to make them raise the question: Sakura keeps growing closer to Naruto but yet she thinks of Sasuke, will she really change her feelings?

Kishimoto will make us keep thinking this question until he's ready to resolve the love side plot, not before.

My thoughts exactly. The moment we have any sort of solid evidence that Sakura has even the slighest romantic interest in Naruto is the moment NS will be canon. So of course Kishi is going to keep things as ambiguous as possible. It's just that some people don't see it that way and take everything at face value.

Edited by TerrorKing, 03 May 2012 - 03:29 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#46 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

i totally agree with you, and as for the moment sakura sees naruto as a hero and realises her feelings is pretty near. chapter 573 was a good example of that because sakura was recognizing naruto's heroism and she even says she won't let him fight on his own, now that ladies and getelmen might have a romantic inuendo, since kishi likes doing stuff like, and meaning of this might be that sakura won't leave naruto's side, both figuratively and literaly
Writing is a disease and it's only one symptom is insonia

A victory is momentary, but a failure is forever. Failure is well enjoyed with friends and love ones.

Search and build the true peace and love (not a hippie quote XD)

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#47 kidNinja

kidNinja

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (ichaichamaster @ May 3 2012, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i totally agree with you, and as for the moment sakura sees naruto as a hero and realises her feelings is pretty near. chapter 573 was a good example of that because sakura was recognizing naruto's heroism and she even says she won't let him fight on his own, now that ladies and getelmen might have a romantic inuendo, since kishi likes doing stuff like, and meaning of this might be that sakura won't leave naruto's side, both figuratively and literaly

I really like that, but Hinata also said that she and Naruto were going to be side by side. i wonder how she'll interfere with this.

#48 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

again as i once have read, hinata a sasuke are just there to make tension between the pairing supporters. besides hinata is just being hinata, i don't really think she will do anything out of normal, but i'm still wanting to read the part where the allied army reaches naruto, just to be sure

A victory is momentary, but a failure is forever. Failure is well enjoyed with friends and love ones.

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#49 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ May 3 2012, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like that, but Hinata also said that she and Naruto were going to be side by side. i wonder how she'll interfere with this.

naruto can make a clone did u forget it?

again as i once have read, hinata a sasuke are just there to make tension between the pairing supporters. besides hinata is just being hinata, i don't really think she will do anything out of normal, but i'm still wanting to read the part where the allied army reaches naruto, just to be sure

i think the love for sasuke was just to give more power to the rivalry between naruto and sasuke.
about hinata was just to say that naruto wasnt all alone

Edited by dovahkiin, 03 May 2012 - 07:54 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#50 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

maybe be so but if there wasn't hinata or sasuke, there wouldn't be so many different pairing fandoms

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#51 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (ichaichamaster @ May 3 2012, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe be so but if there wasn't hinata or sasuke, there wouldn't be so many different pairing fandoms

You'd be surprised.

I think we all agree that none of us should truly jump to any conclusion until we get more Sakura and Naruto interaction and that is almost guaranteed. That will be the moment of truth and depending on how Kishi plays it out we will get a better sense of what is happening.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 May 2012 - 01:02 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#52 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

i can live with that cool.gif

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#53 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

I was just thinking that since we r not getting NS scene because war is going on, why did we get a romantic scene in chapter 540! Their are only two ways I think of it

1) It was just to troll NS fans more
2) Kishi is thinking of not making sakura love naruto and end naruto alone or something else but he won't make NS canon

Other than the above reasons their was really no need of that scene I think!

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#54 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (lord287 @ May 4 2012, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just thinking that since we r not getting NS scene because war is going on, why did we get a romantic scene in chapter 540! Their are only two ways I think of it

1) It was just to troll NS fans more
2) Kishi is thinking of not making sakura love naruto and end naruto alone or something else but he won't make NS canon

Other than the above reasons their was really no need of that scene I think!

But...it wasn't a romance scene. Not really. I think we can establish that romance scenes can only occur when both characters interact and show romance in them. Otherwise we have to count it as a romance scene every time Hinata thought about Naruto.

I think what Kishimoto is trying to do is development. Let's be honest about this, if Sakura just all of a sudden started to love Naruto, then it won't be believable. Even if we did win, it wouldn't make sense. I rather show that development process happening. I am not wavered by it at all because to me, it's her getting over her feelings like I said. It's really hard to explain and I am trying the best I can, but I could not see this happen any other way.

Maybe my point would be clearer when Sakura and Naruto interact again and we get a romance scene for real between them. It would show what I mean more clearly.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#55 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

i guess you are saying there has to be some two sided romantic interactions between naruto and sakura before they start their relationship, and if that doesn't happen, it will seem that sakura started loving naruto out of the blue. i agree on that. anyways what do you guys think about the scene where sakura feeds naruto?

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#56 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (ichaichamaster @ May 4 2012, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i guess you are saying there has to be some two sided romantic interactions between naruto and sakura before they start their relationship, and if that doesn't happen, it will seem that sakura started loving naruto out of the blue. i agree on that. anyways what do you guys think about the scene where sakura feeds naruto?

Sakura feeding is definitely a romantic moment. Especially since when he has Sai say "I heard if you are close to someone, you feed them." Sai is what I like to call a "Rosetta stone to the romance." He basically points out ways that people get close with them not using honorifics, feeding each other, interactions, and other such things. While he makes Sai some what clueless in an innocent sort of way, I think Kishi uses him as saying "If Sai points out that it is romantic or "friendly" then it most definitely is."

Maybe this is why he uses Sai as this third party negotiator. He is getting the ball rolling and he has pushed Naruto and Sakura into admitting they love each other. I think people take what Sai says too literally though and mostly he just says what people want to hear to push people. It's like how Sai said that the POAL was a burden to Naruto when he said this Sakura. Is the POAL a burden? I am not sure. You would have to ask Naruto about that, but I think he put it this way to push her into doing something for once and then you get more development. Likewise for Naruto. He pushing them to be together in a subtle way.

Honestly, I like Sai for this. He is smarter than he looks when it comes to this stuff and it is almost like he is a NaruSaku supporter. Yeah he has said some things, but he did all for the sake of Naruto and Sakura and he always putting in his two cents in to a situation proving that just because you can't always understand a situation, does not mean you don't know what is going on.

I think this is why I am not bothered by whether or not Sai said "Sakura loves Sasuke" or that Sakura thought of Sasuke in that one scene. It's better to see how it plays out as a whole than individual moments.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 May 2012 - 07:31 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#57 kidNinja

kidNinja

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 4 2012, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura feeding is definitely a romantic moment. Especially since when he has Sai say "I heard if you are close to someone, you feed them." Sai is what I like to call a "Rosetta stone to the romance." He basically points out ways that people get close with them not using honorifics, feeding each other, interactions, and other such things. While he makes Sai some what clueless in an innocent sort of way, I think Kishi uses him as saying "If Sai points out that it is romantic or "friendly" then it most definitely is."

Maybe this is why he uses Sai as this third party negotiator. He is getting the ball rolling and he has pushed Naruto and Sakura into admitting they love each other. I think people take what Sai says too literally though and mostly he just says what people want to hear to push people. It's like how Sai said that the POAL was a burden to Naruto when he said this Sakura. Is the POAL a burden? I am not sure. You would have to ask Naruto about that, but I think he put it this way to push her into doing something for once and then you get more development. Likewise for Naruto. He pushing them to be together in a subtle way.

Honestly, I like Sai for this. He is smarter than he looks when it comes to this stuff and it is almost like he is a NaruSaku supporter. Yeah he has said some things, but he did all for the sake of Naruto and Sakura and he always putting in his two cents in to a situation proving that just because you can't always understand a situation, does not mean you don't know what is going on.

I think this is why I am not bothered by whether or not Sai said "Sakura loves Sasuke" or that Sakura thought of Sasuke in that one scene. It's better to see how it plays out as a whole than individual moments.

I think a lot of people realize this. For example, I brought this up to NH fans and they began ranting, calling Sai ignorant. Lol

#58 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 4 2012, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But...it wasn't a romance scene. Not really. I think we can establish that romance scenes can only occur when both characters interact and show romance in them. Otherwise we have to count it as a romance scene every time Hinata thought about Naruto.

I think what Kishimoto is trying to do is development. Let's be honest about this, if Sakura just all of a sudden started to love Naruto, then it won't be believable. Even if we did win, it wouldn't make sense. I rather show that development process happening. I am not wavered by it at all because to me, it's her getting over her feelings like I said. It's really hard to explain and I am trying the best I can, but I could not see this happen any other way.

Maybe my point would be clearer when Sakura and Naruto interact again and we get a romance scene for real between them. It would show what I mean more clearly.

I used wrong words by saying romantic, I should have said a hint to sakura's romatic feelings towards sasuke!

By the way before chapter 540 I was quite convinced with NS happening because until that time sakura herself never ever thought of sasuke in love way ut in chapter 540 when she was asked who she loves, sauske emerges! And because of that I want more development in NS! Before that if NS would have happened it was perfect we already have very high development on our side! But soon after confession the things slowly seem to be going off NS!I don't know about NH or SS because I care only about my pairing, but sakura's feelings shown in chapter 540 are surely questionable, that whether she loves naruto in romantic way even a bit or not!

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#59 ichaichamaster

ichaichamaster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

I do agree that sai pushes naruto and sakura, but as for him saying she loves sasuke or whatever ( i really need someone to tell me what he really in chapter 474) i don't think he knows what he is talking about i mean im not only seeing by my ns fan googles, but said has never known 12 year old sakura and he sucks at getting peoples' feelings, that's why he pushes naruto and sakura to have romantic tension between them, and i wouldn't take sai's interpretation of sakura's feelings,that's like asking a baby to do your maths test, not really a good idea....

As for the love nin at chapter 540, i don't take that as slap to ns for some reasons, the first being that sakura said there is someone else she loves, that could be naruto or sasuke, but for the sake of my point i will assume it was naruto who she loves at that point. then the guy says (manga reader translation, need a new one please??) "if it's someone that you like, then they're bound to be a great person" now english isn't my first language but i know for a fact the guy "they are" menaing naruto and sasuke. So the guy bassicly says sakura probably only loves good guys, that's what i get from the line he quoted, but let's assume she loved sasuke and now loves naruto. of course sasuke isn't a good guy so that's why sakura remembered him with darkness and all that stuff and became depressed, because she cares for sasuke at some extent, possibly like naruto (no yaoi pun intended XD) that's why she couldn't kill him after her confession, that's why she gets sad at things related to sasuke as naruto does, and that's what she lied in her confession, that she didn't care for sasuke anymore, and notice that in her confession she doesn't say the verb "love", but "care" so yeah...

What do you guys think of it? do you agree or disagree, i mean i want to see your views on this mini-theory thing

Edited by ichaichamaster, 05 May 2012 - 01:28 PM.

Dead man's party

Sasuke is invited...XD

#60 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (ichaichamaster @ May 5 2012, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do agree that sai pushes naruto and sakura, but as for him saying she loves sasuke or whatever ( i really need someone to tell me what he really in chapter 474) i don't think he knows what he is talking about i mean im not only seeing by my ns fan googles, but said has never known 12 year old sakura and he sucks at getting peoples' feelings, that's why he pushes naruto and sakura to have romantic tension between them, and i wouldn't take sai's interpretation of sakura's feelings,that's like asking a baby to do your maths test, not really a good idea....

I agree, but the biggest issue with this is that people argue that since he doesn't know what he is talking about then he doesn't really see that Naruto actually loves Hinata or something along those lines and blah blah blah. It's always an issue when people want to be selective with what characters say and pick apart each word. NH fans say that Sai doesn't know anything when he told Sakura Naruto loves her, but say he 100% correct when he says that Sakura loves Sasuke.

So we have this moment where people say he is not a good source to follow love by...however, the fact that we got the scene where Sai basically asks Naruto if he loves Sakura and whether or not he told her kind of back up the fact that Sai knows Naruto loves Sakura. (Yeah, he says "really like" and not love, but I think this is semantics and "really like" and "love" kind of fall in the same category.)

But I fear we are going off topic on this. I think by the time Sakura chooses Naruto, she won't think of Sasuke as a lover anymore. Maybe as a former teammate, but once she chooses she is going to remain with that choice with no regrets.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users