16 replies to this topic

#1 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:49 AM

This is a argument I've been hearing recently. In chapter 3, in order to get close to Sakura, Naruto had to lie to her by pretending to be Sasuke. The much more prominent argument is in chapter 299 where Sakura doesn't tell the truth that he hurt her, the argument has been growing more with the recent animation of the corresponding Shippuuden episdeo.

I think Naruto and Sakura have a very open and honest relationship just on the way they act around each other, never having to really pull any punches with their actions.

#2 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:09 AM

Hmmm...in my honest opinion, I think that the two are close as friends can get. If those two reasons are the reason some people claim that Naruto and Sakura aren't honest with each other...well...I don't know what to say about that.

Now, first off, in chapter 3 Naruto was doing what he saw as one of the few ways to get closer to Sakura. He wasn't exactly looking for anything physical, he actually just came by to ask her what she thought of the person that Naruto was. The whole possible kiss that could have happened was because Sakura was trying to get closer to Sasuke. Now, granted, it wasn't honest, but Naruto was just doing what ninja do best, be sneaky. I think he had good grounds for it, since he was merely asking Sakura what she thought of him.

Now, as for chapter 299, well, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to hear that I caused a huge gash on the arm of the girl that I care most about. Sakura knows Naruto well enough to realize he'd take it badly (even though Yamato told him anyway in private later). She cares about how Naruto feels, and she's been trying to look out for him. I think more or less she was healing fine enough with the wound, so she figured she could let it slip past Naruto this time. I'm sure if it had been much more serious, she would have told him. All in all, Sakura's starting to realize what Naruto's gone through ever since he was a kid, and she just didn't want to lay another heap on more guilt that he's been throwing on himself. She knows he's a good person at heart, and knows he wouldn't want to intentionally harm her. The fact that Naruto reacted the way he did only further shows that her guess about how he would react was true; he was terrified that he caused injury to Sakura.

In the end, those two are close, and act like themselves around each other. Sakura's not afraid to show how much she cares for Naruto, as she was clearly cradling Naruto a few times when he tried to walk after his 4 tailed rampage. You could just say that's what any medic would do for him, but I think still think she's comfortable around him. Naruto also enjoys Sakura's company, and wishes for her happiness above all else. I think she's starting to realize that, so things will hopefully hit off with the two soon enough (as soon as the epically long and dragged on battle between Sasuke and Itachi concludes. Dang it, just when you think you got the Sharingan all figured out, they do that to the readers).

Edited by Denim88, 04 March 2008 - 05:11 AM.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#3 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:22 AM

Well, not to spoil this 'pretty pretty' world we live in... dry.gif

But really, how many relationships are actually honest nowadays? No lies at all? No excuses?

Be realistic, what naruto and sakura have right now is probably one of the best relationships ever to exist. They argue, they bicker, thye are friends, they love each other, they care for each other, they can die for each other.

How much more 'honest' can u get?
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#4 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:48 AM

Well, if thats their argument I'll throw in this arguments:

1. SasuSaku doesn't have a basis for being even friend other than being a teammate 3 years ago.

and

2. Naruhina doesn't have the basis to the relationship other than stalker and prey

ADDED: Besides, does none of them ever heard of the saying, "White Lie"? They might not seem honest but they do it because they want the recipient to feel better. Is it wrong to care for someone? Hypocrites

Edited by BlackLightning, 04 March 2008 - 05:51 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#5 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:10 AM

Ahahahaha I totally just wrote a defense essay against this arguement like...2 minutes ago over at NF laugh.gif
I won't go into detail, but I basically think that they have a VERY honest relationship happy.gif
And the "lies" are done out of concern sad.gif
I've lied to people I love to prevent them from getting hurt T___T

Wilson basically said it: They argue, but at the same time, they're able to be friends...even best friends sometimes, love each other, and they'd undeniably die for each other .
It's a beautiful thing, NaruSaku..... narusakuct7.gif love.gif
私はLittleであり、それはあなたが知る必要があるすべてである <3 ;D

#6 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

Ill only give this argument a slight validation. to this extent.

Its not that their relationship is dishonest. Thats is patently untrue. But they do as of this point in their relationship have a problem with opening up with each other without a third parties intervention.

They also need to understand that they can count on each other with out worrying that the other well be hurt.

the prime examples of these are the wonderful yamato speach for sakura. and its aftermath.

Yamato has to practically tell her that shes in love with him and that shes not a burden to him anymore.

Shes at a point now where she needs to udnerstand that yes he is troubled but hes also tough and he can take a little bruising as long as shes there with him. to provide him with that touvh of humanity to keep him whole and sane.

For Naruto an example was the scene where chiyo tells them thta a jinchuriki dies if its bijuu is extracted. He puts on that false smile and diverts the topic to gaara not wanting her to worry about him.

He needs to udnerstand that He can rely on her to be there with him now and he doesnt need to carry the weight of the world any more. Shes strong she snot fragile like she used to be. She can help him get through his pain.

That and that alone is the only current stepping stone for their blossoming love.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#7 canis

canis

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

Hmmm, if you want to go by hard facts you'd have to say they were dishonest.
In that case you'd have to apply the same view to all pairings though.
I mean even Shikamaru and Temari don't talk all that open about their feelings, they act pretty close though.
It's similar with Asuma and Kurenai keeping their relationship all secret...

The reason why Sakura didn't tell Naruto the truth about her wound or Naruto didn't acknowledge her worrying is because of 2 reasons in my opinion.
For one they don't want to cause (in their opinion) unnecessary troubles for the other because they both have promised themselves to protect each other.
And on the other hand they've got issues...
Naruto for example... As much as he wants closeness to others he's got problems opening up.
I think he's just not accustomed to show his weak side to his friends yet. It reminds him to much of his past (we got a pretty good idea of that when he snapped at Inari).
Sakura is just the same, if she would break the news to Naruto she'd feel like the 12 year old girl again she just grew out of.

The most important thing though is that they work well with each other and are ok with the way their relationship plays out.
And they accept each other's behaviour (Naruto wasn't pissed at all at Sakura when he heard the truth from Yamato).
Even if the readers would act differently in Sakura's or Naruto's stead, it's not them having to deal with the situation...

#8 Fruits Basket Fan

Fruits Basket Fan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:19 PM

I hear that argument so many times but I just shrugged it off.....Since most people who do use that ship NarutoxHinata and/or SasukexSakura.

I sometimes see some of them make "theories" that if Hinata and Sakura got hurt....they would try to divert the topic or white lied to Naruto or Sasuke, respectively...and that the guys will eventually "find out" what happened and go emotional and go to them (and sometimes even go as far as to think...they will kiss).... dry.gif ......

But really, I seriously do not understand why it is such a big deal......Sure, they should learn that it is okay to know each other's troubles (so that way they can move on and deal with it together)....But we know that she did that....because she does not want to hurt him......even after those "lies"....they are still close......

They planned to go see Kakashi together (just the two of them, until Sai got included).

Before she left with Sai to assist Shikamaru, she said to Naruto that she is counting on him on "this end."

And chapter 343......do I really need to explain biggrin.gif?

Edit: Actually, I just found it why some people do not find those scenes plausible because some say, "Naruto did not even go emotional about it.....And was never brought up, again!".....And I say to them, "And Hinata's speech toward Naruto in the Chuunin Exams was never brought up again...." (they were NarutoxHinata fans who were talking about the non-emotional part)......

Naruto did took it as a shock....it is just that to overcome it.....he has to not rely on the Kyuubi's chakra, but his own.....Yamato made him realized this as well as saying to him, "That is, if you really want to save Sasuke! And protect Sakura!".....and Naruto thinks about them.....and agreed!

And because they were on a mission....so really, which is more important.....love trials or saving a best friend?.....This is no shojo manga....

Edited by Fruits Basket Fan, 05 March 2008 - 01:33 PM.

#9 1iza

1iza

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:13 AM

What? Yes they do.

Except for certain things, they include each other in everything.

#10 Kamden

Kamden

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Naruto<br />NaruSaku (though, that may be obvious, since I'm here)<br />Art<br />Volleyball<br />Reading<br />Deidara (my favorite character)<br />DeiSaku (my guilty pleasure noncanon pairing)

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:30 PM

Haha, the SasuSaku and NaruHina fans have conveniently forgotten the lies and mistrust in their favorite pairings (moreso in SS than in NH, though).

In the Forest of Death, Sasuke told Sakura not to tell anyone (specifically Naruto) about the curse seal. She made that promise, though she later went to tell Kakashi about it (though he figured it out on his own). And later than that, she did eventually tell Naruto.

The fact that Sakura was at the exit on the night of the "Goodbye" scene proves that Sakura didn't trust Sasuke to stay in the village, even though Naruto put his full faith on Sasuke staying. Apparently, we learn that Sasuke rarely spoke to each other, so they had fewer chances to "lie" to each other.

The first interaction between Naruto and Hinata was brimming with half-truths. Naruto questions Hinata's motives for helping him, and she says "I don't want to see you disappear from here," which is only partly true. He later plays the "big shot" to save face and keep them out of danger of failure and he thinks "Great, she believed me, and I still have my pride," indicating that he was "acting" and not expressing what he truly thought.

And same as with SasuSaku, Naruto and Hinata barely interact, so there are fewer chances to be "dishonest" with each other. However, Sakura expresses that she sees Naruto as one she "trusts completely" in the final Hospital scene, and NaruSaku is the only pairing to have that. narusakuct7.gif
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior.

Of Insanity And Inspiration, a Deidara doujinshi: http://kamden.devian...ration-72049973

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." -Albert Einstein

#11 .::Blue Light::.

.::Blue Light::.

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

The arguments presented in the title are just like cows can fly.

Think with me? Who is the person that Sakura can entirely trust after Naruto?
Kakashi?!
Duuh... Sasuke!

Of course not! Sakura is putting her entire hope in Sasuke's return just about Naruto! And love envolves fight and friendship, at least, that what always happen, no? If putting the hope in a "friend" isn't honest, I don't know what it is.

Just think it: Sasuke never trust in anyone, THAT is DISHONEST! WHY??! Is the same I don't trust in my mother and say that I don't love her. Is that honest? No. Why? Because it's impossible for anyone feel love, even the most creep ones love their mother for one simple reason: the moms give us our moral. And... If she teached everything with you, since to make peep to work as a man, that may be honesty? Isn't it?

Now think about Naruto's ways: he didn't have any of your parents on your side, and, he IS honest because he TRUSTS in his friends and work as a man, and for Sakura is the same.

Honest: person that work into law domain; person that acts in moral; person that follows the laws;

That's it, buddy.

#12 oturan123456

oturan123456

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:13 PM

i think they have one of the best relationships friends could have i mean look at them in the shippuuden series you better believe it

#13 Travis

Travis

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ill only give this argument a slight validation. to this extent.

Its not that their relationship is dishonest. Thats is patently untrue. But they do as of this point in their relationship have a problem with opening up with each other without a third parties intervention.

They also need to understand that they can count on each other with out worrying that the other well be hurt.

the prime examples of these are the wonderful yamato speach for sakura. and its aftermath.

Yamato has to practically tell her that shes in love with him and that shes not a burden to him anymore.

Shes at a point now where she needs to udnerstand that yes he is troubled but hes also tough and he can take a little bruising as long as shes there with him. to provide him with that touvh of humanity to keep him whole and sane.

For Naruto an example was the scene where chiyo tells them thta a jinchuriki dies if its bijuu is extracted. He puts on that false smile and diverts the topic to gaara not wanting her to worry about him.

He needs to udnerstand that He can rely on her to be there with him now and he doesnt need to carry the weight of the world any more. Shes strong she snot fragile like she used to be. She can help him get through his pain.
That and that alone is the only current stepping stone for their blossoming love.

You hit the nail on the head, Dude. That's exactly what its all about. I just wonder who the third party is finally going to be to get it through their skulls.

They both have defensive barriers up too. I feel like Sakura feels like that if she gives up on her old feelings for Sasuke, that she would in turn be giving up on him. She needs to realize that's not the case. Naruto also thinks he's protecting and respecting Sakura and Sasuke's "relationship" by sugar coating what he really feels.

Remember, he alomost lets it slip when Sakura is healing him after using the Rasenshiruken that he enjoys just being with her. As soon as she reacts to this, he changes the meaning before it can fully sink into her mind what his true feelings were.

#14 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:57 AM

WEll, blue light pretty much said it all up there.

The way Naruto continously trusts Sakura with her decisions for her life, and not really interfering shows his love for her in my opinion. That's tough, and honest, if not a bit stupid.

And Sakura...well, she never really wanted Naruto to change. And that to me forms quite an honest relationship. Can't think of another pairing that might rival this one.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#15 ~Sakura-chan~

~Sakura-chan~

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Travis @ Apr 19 2008, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You hit the nail on the head, Dude. That's exactly what its all about. I just wonder who the third party is finally going to be to get it through their skulls.

They both have defensive barriers up too. I feel like Sakura feels like that if she gives up on her old feelings for Sasuke, that she would in turn be giving up on him. She needs to realize that's not the case. Naruto also thinks he's protecting and respecting Sakura and Sasuke's "relationship" by sugar coating what he really feels.

Remember, he alomost lets it slip when Sakura is healing him after using the Rasenshiruken that he enjoys just being with her. As soon as she reacts to this, he changes the meaning before it can fully sink into her mind what his true feelings were.

Heehee first time posting =]

but yeah i think you're right about the defensive barriers, i mean if you loved someone since you were a child then all of a sudden you got feelings for someone else, you'd probably feel confused and like you betraying the person you onced loved.

#16 Saku-Saku

Saku-Saku

NaruSaku Obsessed<3

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:I put Naruto's B-Day since he's one of my fav characters and he's awesome!! =] <br /><br />Fav Pairings: NaruSaku, ShikaIno, KibaHina, SasuNaru, Neji Ten, KakaAnko but mostly NaruSaku cuz its the best pairing EVER!!!!!<br /><br />and I absoloutly HATE SASUSAKU!!!! <br /><br /><br />Fav Anime: Naruto<br /><br />Fav Books/Manga: Naruto, and other stuff<br /><br />Hobbies: Drawing NaruSaku fanart, reading, annoying me brothers lol, hanging with my friends.<br /><br />Favorite Naruto Characterz: I like all of them except Sasuke and Kabuto. My favs are Sakura and Naruto of course!! ^^<br /><br />I LOVE turtles!!!!!<br /><br />LIKES: Turtles, NaruSaku,nice ppl lol, my family and friends.<br /><br />HATES: SASUSAKU, NaruHina, ASSHOLES and mean ppl, bugs EW lolz, school and homework, ppl who hate NaruSaku, Sasuke, Seagulls (THEY EAT BABY TURTLES!!) i know rude right?!? <br />TuRtLeS 4 LiFe&lt;3

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

Like all of u said, Naruto and Sakura do everything together. They have a friendship so strong tthat no one could possibly break it. The only reason they told those lies is cuz they probably dont want to hurt hey each other. The NH and SS should just get the fact that NS is gonna happen whether they like it or not. mwahaha.gif danarusakunp3.gif

♥ ♥ ♥ NaruSaku is a true love ♥ ♥ ♥

#17 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

No, Naruto and Sakura don't have an honest relationship, but a relationship they do have :].
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users