• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

I couldn't help it. I busted out laughing as soon as I saw this.

Fixed

#2 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
That was pretty funny.
Wish it was True though.
shamefulcry0js.gif

#3 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:18 PM

Lol, granted I don't find the picture funny at all but reading the comments from the Naruhina fans sure made my day. If they can't accept fan-art for what it is, I have to wonder what will they do IF Hinata ends up with... say... Kankuro?

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#4 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

But I do ask everyone to try to look underneath the underneath in regards to the NaruHina pairing, especially when it comes to Hinata's character as that seems to be one of the greatest thing people have against in NaruHina. I am not asking you to all like it, just try to understand why Kishimoto would go that route if he chooses to. I just don't want to see people in the fan word upset without trying to understand why things are this way.

--

What is with looking underneath the underneath quote really.

#5 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

What is with looking underneath the underneath quote really.

I don't know. I don't understand either what that person means or is talking about.

My main reasons for not liking NaruHina are: a) the lacking of development. And it IS lacking, not matter what other fans try thinking. It wouldn't be so bad if Kishimoto wouldn't have introduced other love interest for Naruto early on, but that isn't the case; and b) their personalities are too different. That "the opposite attract" excuse shamelessly ignores the second part of that saying (which, depending on who you ask, is "but they don't get along well" or "but similars stick together"), and ignores Kishimoto not necessarily agrees with it.

I have a third reason, but I don't consider it a legitimate reason. Unfortunately, it's the main source of the annoyance I feel when NaruHina is brought up: I've found too many rabid, obsessive, obnoxious and arrogant NaruHina shippers, and they have soured me on the pairing.

Of course, I'm note telling or implying all NaruHina fans are like that, or no NaruSaku fan is irritatingly obnoxious and stuckup. I'd never do that. I'm only stating I've met the ugliest side of that fandom, and they haven't improved my opinions on NaruHina AT ALL.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#6 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

I do believe the full quote is "Opposites attract, but don't wear well."

That said, the "Opposites attract" debate-material isn't even legitimate.
Of course, I'm not saying that opposites can't attract, but in my personal opinion, I believe that similars are more likely to attract.

Edited by Kurosaki Ichigo, 08 April 2009 - 02:13 PM.

#7 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Apr 8 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know. I don't understand either what that person means or is talking about.

My main reasons for not liking NaruHina are: a) the lacking of development. And it IS lacking, not matter what other fans try thinking. It wouldn't be so bad if Kishimoto wouldn't have introduced other love interest for Naruto early on, but that isn't the case; and b) their personalities are too different. That "the opposite attract" excuse shamelessly ignores the second part of that saying (which, depending on who you ask, is "but they don't get along well" or "but similars stick together"), and ignores Kishimoto not necessarily agrees with it.

I have a third reason, but I don't consider it a legitimate reason. Unfortunately, it's the main source of the annoyance I feel when NaruHina is brought up: I've found too many rabid, obsessive, obnoxious and arrogant NaruHina shippers, and they have soured me on the pairing.

Of course, I'm note telling or implying all NaruHina fans are like that, or no NaruSaku fan is irritatingly obnoxious and stuckup. I'd never do that. I'm only stating I've met the ugliest side of that fandom, and they haven't improved my opinions on NaruHina AT ALL.

Thanks for that really, but it just confused me a little

#8 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

Sakura looks dumbstruck between either actually confessing...or standing in front of Pain. Talk about double whammy.

#9 Kakebun-kun

Kakebun-kun

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Girls, Manga. <br /><br />The only three things you'll need in life.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

Lmfao.

The face on her when she's confessing screams 'omgwtfbbq, did I actually tell him?!'.

Thank you for that correction, by the way.

NaruSaku Is Yondaime Approved.

|Fanfiction|

#10 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Music. i'm a huge A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) fan and like Disterbed and Slipknot.

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:05 AM

lawlz took me awhile to get it i couldn't see very well bad pc screen (damn commies... >/ \>......jk! ^/ \^) anyway that was very funny!
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge...forging the first link in the chains of hatred." -Pain

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts...their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" -Itachi Uchiha

#11 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

I think I nearly died from laughing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users