• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daissuke

Daissuke

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Manga, cycling, sleeping/not sleeping, writing, sports in general, sarcastic humour...<br /><br />Favourite couple atm: Narusaku, o' course.

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

Originally I had one thing that I was gonna post in the "Importance" thread, but I decided to do this instead.

To get the initial thing outta the way, looking for things to indicate if Naruto values Sasuke and Sakura equally I saw someone had found some quotes. I'm talking about Haku's quote to Naruto about a most important person; that if someone appeared who acknowledged you from the bottom of their heart, wouldn't they become the most important person to you? Then I saw Naruto's comment to Sai about how Sasuke acknolwedged him more than anyone, so idk...I suppose this is pretty telling he values Sasuke more than Sakura. Not that I think he could ever choose between them, but still...

As for other foreshadows, I've seen the Sannin parallel used to support NaruSaku.

Do you really put much weight onto the whole thing? That Naruto will succeed where Jiraiya failed and stuff.
Liking developed manga pairings since 2001~

#2 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Not a huge amount of weight. but it is a strong paralell to draw. One of Kishimoto senseis main themes is the younger generation surpassing the older and hes followed through on that quite fairly and frequently.

Also in a way its understandable why he would value Sasuke so highly ((not more then sakura )) but highly, he is several things to naruto.

*brother

*best friend

*among the first to trully acknowledge him

* a rival and teamate

* and the focus of the most important promise he ever made, a promise that literally required him to break his heart into pieces for the sake of another.

is it any wonder he values sasuke so highly?
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#3 Daissuke

Daissuke

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Manga, cycling, sleeping/not sleeping, writing, sports in general, sarcastic humour...<br /><br />Favourite couple atm: Narusaku, o' course.

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Apr 3 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a huge amount of weight. but it is a strong paralell to draw. One of Kishimoto senseis main themes is the younger generation surpassing the older and hes followed through on that quite fairly and frequently.

Also in a way its understandable why he would value Sasuke so highly ((not more then sakura )) but highly, he is several things to naruto.

*brother

*best friend

*among the first to trully acknowledge him

* a rival and teamate

* and the focus of the most important promise he ever made, a promise that literally required him to break his heart into pieces for the sake of another.

is it any wonder he values sasuke so highly?

I know. I understand he has reasons for valuing Sasuke highly, but those quotes, how they connect, and Sasuke being labeled as his important person makes me cringe and think he values Sasuke more than Sakura, no matter how I dislike that fact. I mean, the quotes have quite damning implications.
Liking developed manga pairings since 2001~

#4 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

He's his surrogate brother. She's the girl he loves.

He doesn't value Sasuke more highly than Sakura. He values him in a different fashion.

And I don't see how those quotes have damning implications, cement your point or even connect at each other. Haku and Naruto are different persons, and see the world from different points of view. Both quotes are very apart from each other in time and are told for different characters in different situations. If it was Naruto pondering over his and Sasuke's relationship, and pondering over Haku's words, yes, you could tell that. But it isn't the case.

Anyway, I don't matter who he values more. Again, Sasuke is his friend and brother, Sakura is his would-be girlfriend. They are two different kinds of love.

And yes, I think the Sannin parallel can foreshadow something.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users