Close
Photo

Naruto Ending

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: How many chapter do you think Naruto will end in? (74 member(s) have cast votes)

How long do we have left?

1. 100 (7 votes [9.46%])

Percentage of vote: 9.46%

2. 150 (19 votes [25.68%])

Percentage of vote: 25.68%

3. 200-250 (18 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

4. 300 (10 votes [13.51%])

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

5. OVER 9000!!!!!!! (20 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

Vote

#1 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:27 AM

How many do you think we have left?

I'd say mabey 150, but possibly closer to 200

Edited by The Sharingan, 17 October 2008 - 12:46 AM.

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#2 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:49 AM

150-200 sounds about right.

uc.png

#3 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:57 AM

I'd say 150 as well.

#4 emilykawaii123

emilykawaii123

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Theater, Dance, The Twilight Series, all things Japanese

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:11 PM

But when is the real climax of the whole story? There is always one for the particular story arc, but what is the big finale Kishi's got planned and what would it center around?

#5 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:48 PM

200-250 sounds right, cause its going to take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to do naruto vs Pain. And to finish everything up with some narusaku hopefully.

Edited by light.keyblade.master, 17 October 2008 - 01:49 PM.

Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#6 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:14 PM

Nappa: HEY VEGETA, WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT THE MANGA'S REMAINING LENGTH?

Vegeta: IT'S OVER NINETHOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDchapters long.

#7 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:43 PM

If the story is going to end with part 2 and no time skip perhaps 200 sounds about right if there's a part 3 and with a time skip then its over 300.

Edited by Hopestar, 19 October 2008 - 05:44 PM.

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#8 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:57 PM

ON wikipedia says that kishi says that there's still a lot of stuff to be resolved and that it might take awhile to finish.But i don't trust that website very much.
So i'm gonna guess another 190 more chapters(I don't really want it to end!)
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#9 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (StrawberryAcappella @ Oct 19 2008, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ON wikipedia says that kishi says that there's still a lot of stuff to be resolved and that it might take awhile to finish.But i don't trust that website very much.
So i'm gonna guess another 190 more chapters(I don't really want it to end!)

You can trust wikipedia if the claim being made links to a source(maybe an interview with an anime site or something) that can be trusted.

#10 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:04 AM

In the 200-250’s range sounds reasonable, though I HIGHLY doubt that is the absolute maximum amount of chapters Kishi can stretch this manga to, intentionally or unintentionally.

As long as everything woven together plot-wise and character development-wise is nicely ironed out without being stretched to its limits, I will be happy. happy.gif

A gratuitous amount of NaruSaku fluff wouldn’t hurt either. XD

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#11 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Oct 19 2008, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the story is going to end with part 2 and no time skip perhaps 200 sounds about right if there's a part 3 and with a time skip then its over 300.

Yeah, Kishimoto about 2 years ago said he had plans to possibly have a next generation Naruto story. Guess it depends on if he still has the passion when it's all over I'd say about 2-3 years from now.

uc.png

#12 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

200-250 would probably be enough to finish Shippuden. I hope Kishi is going to make a Part 3 or something like that next generation thing. Naruto has gone on for so long that it doesn't seem like it's going to finish. Keeps me hooked and motivated! It is the best manga and anime I've ever come across - think it's the longest, too.

I hope the story goes on for a bit longer because I'm a fanfiction writer and having the end of the plot announced will stump a lot of plot bunnies and people's acceptance of things since they already know the ending...

KEEP GOING, KISHI! sakura.gif

#13 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ Oct 25 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a fanfiction writer

And a damn good one at that. *nods*

I'll say about 150-200 chapters before it ends.

#14 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:29 PM

There's 250 chapters left, at least. Think about everything that hasn't been answered yet.

Who's Pain, really? Is Uchiha Madara really Uchiha Madara? What the heck is up with Zetsu? Why is Kisame really in Daybreak, since he and maybe-Madara have a past connection? What's going to happen to Sasuke and his team? What in the seven hells is that big statue for, anyway? Why did Minato seal the Nine-Tails into Naruto? What happened to Kushina?

And those are just off the top of my head. We have a long ways to go before the end.

Edited by Gravity, 25 October 2008 - 06:30 PM.

#15 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:46 AM

I read somewhere that said Kishi wanted to be done with Naruto by the end of the year, but he still has quite a bit to resolve. I'm guessing anywhere from 100-200 chapters left. Maybe a bit more, but definitely no less.

Edited by Paptala, 22 February 2009 - 06:46 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#16 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

I was torn between 300 and over 9000, but in the end Vegeta was victorious.

(I can't help but think that Vegeta may be shorter than me IRL. >.>)

Realistically, this arc that we're in right now is most likely the beginning of the end?

I can see Kishi being like me and prolonging the series to make sure that things aren't rushed... but DAYUM he sure does like to write a lot of chapters with needless pausing. =_=
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#17 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

I voted 300 because as much as I *need* to know the ending to this story, I Don't want it to end!! I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm still holding out for Part 3: Defeat Danzou's scheme and restore Konoha!! (if not Danzou then Madara)
I keep seeing a lot of parallels between part 1 and part 2 that make me think that a part 3 is, not just possible, but very likely. Besides that, part 2 has solely revolved around Naruto vs. Akatsuki and we're definitely reaching the end of that but that isn't the main climax of Naruto the manga.
Who's Pain, really? Is Uchiha Madara really Uchiha Madara? What the heck is up with Zetsu? Why is Kisame really in Daybreak, since he and maybe-Madara have a past connection? What's going to happen to Sasuke and his team? What in the seven hells is that big statue for, anyway? Why did Minato seal the Nine-Tails into Naruto? What happened to Kushina?

On top of these questions we also need story/closure for Pain+Post-it girl, Danzou+Anbu Root, Kabuto, 8-tails, the task Jiraiya left to Naruto, Kakashi, Shikamaru & Kurenai's kid, and especially the team7 love triangle.
That seems a lot to cover in less than 200 chapters. If this were books written by an American author there would be no doubt about a third book to follow, but I don't know how mangas are done so I could be wrong.

Edited by Nee-sama, 22 February 2009 - 04:39 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#18 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

Uh duh, like 9000!

#19 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

I can see some of those questions being answered in a 'Next Gen' manga that kishi was talking about (if thats even real) but yeah, Im guessing we have awhile to go.

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#20 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Tahaji @ Feb 22 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see some of those questions being answered in a 'Next Gen' manga that kishi was talking about (if thats even real) but yeah, Im guessing we have awhile to go.

Honestly, with the Naruto world, you could a plethora of prequels and sequels. I mean it could add up to a Marvel like level of spin offs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users