• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Kag19

Kag19

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I have a degree in Film and TV and am working on obtaining a masters degree in screen writing. I spend most of my time reviewing scripts at work and at home. Yup, I'm the lucky person who gets to sort through all the submitted screenplays and ends up reading them and providing script coverage to the producers. I enjoy working in development but I hope one day to branch out and work in other areas of production. For example, post production, I love to edit films and I wouldn't mind working on set either. My ultimate goal is to one day become a producer/writer.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:27 AM

After reading manga chapter 415, I was surprised that Sasuke showed concern for Karin’s well being. On page seven, his face actually looks pained when he sees the flames consuming Karin’s battered body. Sasuke is a cold - hearted character. He hardly shows any emotion or remorse. I think that pained expression was hinting at something. I’m not necessarily saying that Sasuke was worried about Karin because he cares for her more than a comrade but I think he would be sadden if she died. Why? I think Karin serves a deeper purpose to Sasuke besides being a tracking device and using her healing abilities to heal his wounds.

In data book three, it says in her profile that she was the sole survivor of a burned down village. Orochimaru found her, asked her how she survived and took her with him to his hideout. There, she helped Orochimaru with his experiments. Long story short, her data book says Orochimaru decided to bring her back to his base because he felt that Karin could get closer to Sasuke. After learning this bit of information, the first question that popped in to my mind was why? Why and how could Karin help Sasuke?

Here’s what I think. Orochimaru knew that Sasuke had isolated himself emotionally from everyone who had ever loved him after the massacre of his clan. Sasuke became emotionless and filled his heart with hate. It was only after he graduated from the academy and joined team seven that he learned how to feel again. After he received the curse seal, he closed off all his emotions again so he could purse his revenge. He abandoned all his friends and his entire village so he could get more powerful. So what if, Orochimaru figured Karin being an orphan and having lost everyone she had ever cared for, would perhaps have the ability to understand Sasuke’s pain/grief/emptiness and loneliness.

Let’s say, the reason why Sasuke cares/respects Karin is because they share a common pain. They both know how it feels to be lonely in the world and to feel hate towards the people who slaughtered their kin. So, if Orochimaru’s plan was achieved, Sasuke was able to bond with Karin because of this. I’m not saying they’re the best of friends but I’m just saying they might have healed each other’s wounds slightly. I mean, I think that’s what Sasuke has always wanted, someone to hear him out and understand his reasons for pursuing power. He wanted a comrade who wouldn’t judge him or stop him from gaining revenge against his brother. I think Karin might have promised to help Sasuke beat his brother a long time ago because they bonded over their similar backgrounds/situations. So, when the time came for Sasuke to form his team, he sought out Karin because of her amazing abilities and for that small bond they shared in the past. What do you think? huh.gif
Naruto Live action is here

#2 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Kag19 @ Sep 28 2008, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Long story short, her data book says Orochimaru decided to bring her back to his base because he felt that Karin could get closer to Sasuke. After learning this bit of information, the first question that popped in to my mind was why? Why and how could Karin help Sasuke?

You mean this?

Lived in a small village that was burned out during a war. Was the only survivor, completely unharmed. Oro randomly found her after that and asked how she survived, and answered that she could tell a huge group of people were coming. Oro then brought her to his hideout, where she served him, but only as a means to get closer to Sasuke. No mention of what she did to Sasuke that one time that Suigetsu talked about.

I'm pretty sure that means that Karin served Orochimaru just to be close to Sasuke. Why would Orochimaru want her to bond with Sasuke? He wanted Sasuke to become a ruthless killer, remember?

Your theory could make sense...but Karin is far too shallow. She only likes Sasuke because he's cool and hot. Not once has she ever been shown to understand him or sympathize with him. Maybe Sasuke feels a little connection with her because of that, but not vice-versa.

#3 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, it's hard to tell what connection those two have. I get the feeling Karin may have helped Orochimaru somehow experiment on Sasuke to give him more power, but that hasn't been proven. I guess we'll wait and see what is said and done about their connection besides Sasuke needing her powers in his insane goal for vengeance.... :-/

Bryon

#4 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:16 AM

That connection may be growing. Their is a major issue thta was brought up in the Killerbee fight. One of trust.

Sasuke told Karin to stay behind him. this is a major request form him to her. It puts Karin in his blind spot where she can do the most damage to him.

A lot is made of the Sharingans capabilites. but it cant see 360 like the byakugan. So for Sasuke to put a person deliberatley in his blind spot, is a big deal. its an even bigger deal when you cionsider the natur eof Ninja, and especially ninja in a village of treachery like the sound. Sasuke has to have learned to watch his back, and psychologically it msut be difficult for someone who relies on his eyes as his greatest strength to allow someone to be behind himwhere he cant use them on her.

clearly he trusts her. And that trust is a major theme in the Naruto world especially where romance is conscerned. A lot has been made about NaruSaku being a relationship of trust.

SasuKarin could become similar.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#5 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

I dont know kaq19 may have a point...

Edited by light.keyblade.master, 23 November 2008 - 01:36 PM.

Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#6 Zack

Zack

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:20 AM

all i can say really is that i think sasuke and karin should go out

#7 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Zack @ Nov 23 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all i can say really is that i think sasuke and karin should go out

Bah! This coming from someone who wants ZackXAerith!!! tongue.gif Kidding. But no Cloud wants it all. tongue.gif

Anyway back on topic, someone has already mentioned it but i'm very curious as to if Karin did really do something to Sasuke like Suigetsu said or if kishi will simply dismiss that as something he simply said to piss her off more. But she did really really react to that comment.

It's weird, like i've said in other threads Sasuke doesn't seem to me like someone who's concerned with women yet. As far as the connection, when i first saw her, and didn't know her abilities, and hair color, i thought Orochimaru was so overly lovely dovey to Sasuke that he created a female Sasuke.... Seriously I did.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#8 Zack

Zack

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Nov 24 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bah! This coming from someone who wants ZackXAerith!!! tongue.gif Kidding. But no Cloud wants it all. tongue.gif

Anyway back on topic, someone has already mentioned it but i'm very curious as to if Karin did really do something to Sasuke like Suigetsu said or if kishi will simply dismiss that as something he simply said to piss her off more. But she did really really react to that comment.

It's weird, like i've said in other threads Sasuke doesn't seem to me like someone who's concerned with women yet. As far as the connection, when i first saw her, and didn't know her abilities, and hair color, i thought Orochimaru was so overly lovely dovey to Sasuke that he created a female Sasuke.... Seriously I did.

1. cloud belongs with tifa XD
2. u made a valid point

#9 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:21 AM

some of the implication is that Sasuke and Karin may have shared a sexual relationship. mostly a he lies flat on his back while she does whats he wants. kind of empty mostly for an escape for the both of them but with no real feeling behind it.

this may explain why when reunited, with Sasuke now free of Orochimaru and back on itachis trail he pushed her away, be cause he was refocused on hsi revenge. Everything esle at that moemnt was and is a distraction as far as he was conscerned.

yet when the chips were down, facing killerbee Sasukes first reaction with Karin was to put her in his blindspot. his most vulnerable location. this is a serious show of trust for him. and by the themes of naruto trust is a major point for a romantic relationship.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#10 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:16 PM

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Sasuke chose Karin merely to be a means for future breeding.
Which, when NS happens, and a continuation of the series about the newer generation happens, could explain how a new child with the sharingan was born.

#11 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Nov 25 2008, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Sasuke chose Karin merely to be a means for future breeding.
Which, when NS happens, and a continuation of the series about the newer generation happens, could explain how a new child with the sharingan was born.

At the beginning yes I agree it may be purely for breeding reasons. but another theme is naruto changing people, and those people learning the right values (protecting precious people, gaining strength by doing so, and lvoe being most important) the hard slow way (ie the right way)

in that regards what may start as a simple breeding arraingment may turn into more as time goes by.

Actually I posit something similar in my story When I ruled the world.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#12 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:12 AM

Sasuke's already went through that change, so there's no point in doing so again.

#13 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:23 AM

It's an interesting speculation, but I still have a lot of problems with this potential relationship. When Sasuke left Konoha, we were given a speech how bonds were not applicable to him, and everything. I was also convinced his life did not include this revival of the clan or anything, as it was only mentioned once and left to die. Itachi's death and the build-up to power was the only thing that mattered, and team 7 desperately wanted (and still wants) to 'save him' from his misery. In fact, this has been a huge plot point ever since Itachi was introduced.

BUT THEN!

Part two came along, and it feels like all the struggles Naruto and Sakura go through to 'save him' is for nought. This HUGE plot has become deceased and the drive for Sakura and especially Naruto to bring Sasuke back has become silly. The final nail in the coffin was the creation of Team Hawk and how easily Sasuke shifts back into bonds-mode the moment Itachi dies. He gets a new team and he even gets a new fangirl... 415 made me cringe beyond anything because it just felt so wrong. I really, really don't want Sasuke to have a love affair. Especially not with a girl who is so unbearably shallow in her lust for him, that it makes SasuSaku look tame and plausible. Unfortunately, it seems Kishimoto does want to go down that direction but it just feels like its adding fuel to the bridge between Part 1 and Part 2. Everything that happened in Part 1 is slowly disintegrating into unimportance.

Sasuke had no reason not to leave Konoha. He suffers little consequence and can move on, even replacing the team he had with over-exaggerated versions. Suigestu's complaint's of Sasuke reminds me of Naruto's, Juugo is the silent one who pops in to do something when neccessary, and Karin is his super-fangirl who with hype up the lone Uchiha for us (part one Sakura, anyone?).

Since I am not the person to hop on this bandwagon of 'SasuKarin=Major NaruSaku shipping potential so=OKAY! =D', I don't see the appeal in it and wish it wasn't there. I do not say it isn't, but I feel like it's not right. It's not very realistic from my point of view, and you'd think with all the emotional scarring Sasuke wouldn't care much for anybody and regardless that Karin is an orphan or whatever (really plot convenient, don't you think? v.v) he'd shun people out for his own pain.

I hate to say it and risk offending people, but Karin seems like one of those OC characters I see often in roleplaying who also has a bad past and therefore "understands" Sasuke, while having a crush on him, and while somehow knowing him and interacting with him. Since I've detested these types, and though Kishimoto can write it better and it is his story, I'm reminded of it.

#14 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:34 AM

The thing is though is he has faced consequences. they're just not consequences we as a western society are used to seeing.

Like his failures in and non victories his consequences have been exactly what Kakashi warned him about. which is his loss of self to his dark path.

But this bond with Karin and team hawk is the neccesary first step on that road to redemption. Not everything is black and white, win and lose, crime and punishment.

Sasukes failures far outweigh his success to date. and he will eventually be called to account for them.

Of course I grant that broken may also end up being right. depends on Kishi if he decides that Sasuke is going to end up the big bad at the end, and naruto will have to take him down. *Shrugs*

I'll offer this much for the "appeal of sasukarin" its to my opinion. A matter of sasuke rebuilding his bonds in a new and correct way.

at first he has a fan girl and a complainer friend. this comes froma desrire for familiarity which we all have. his need for revenge was blown out of the water by his failure with itachi. thus as kakashi told him he ended up empty and as all empty people do he found new purpose with madara.

But now he's also in need of people he can at least trust now that he's flung himself into a worse nest of vipers then orochimarus was.

At least with Orochimaru he knew what Orochi wanted. but Madara is an unknown along with the rest of Akatsuki. so team hawk is now a two fold purpose.

One a tool to destroy konoha as they were for keeping anyone from interfereing with Itachi and him.

And two they are someone familiar that he can trust to an extent. karin moreso than the others.

Add in that the trust seems to have grown and you have a person that is slowly relearning to trust again. hopefully we will learn more about Karin and her connection to Sasuke as we go and then we can see a relationship thats more developed.

Edited by catsi563, 26 November 2008 - 07:26 PM.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#15 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:26 PM

Jesus christ, I'm sorry, but please, use grammar and real words in the English language, "fo" is not a word.
It took me a minute to translate that.

Whatever though, I don't care what Karin's connection to him is.

#16 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

please dont bash in posts

And if you dont care about them why are you posting in a karinsasuke thread in the first place

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#17 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:48 PM

Karin is a Sasuke fangirl, worse than Sakura and Ino were in Part 1. That's all she is, she has no interesting characteristics, a blah background story and quite frankly I find her annoying. So she's the perfect fit for Sasuke lol.

uc.png

#18 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Sep 28 2008, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean this?

Lived in a small village that was burned out during a war. Was the only survivor, completely unharmed. Oro randomly found her after that and asked how she survived, and answered that she could tell a huge group of people were coming. Oro then brought her to his hideout, where she served him, but only as a means to get closer to Sasuke. No mention of what she did to Sasuke that one time that Suigetsu talked about.

I'm pretty sure that means that Karin served Orochimaru just to be close to Sasuke. Why would Orochimaru want her to bond with Sasuke? He wanted Sasuke to become a ruthless killer, remember?

Your theory could make sense...but Karin is far too shallow. She only likes Sasuke because he's cool and hot. Not once has she ever been shown to understand him or sympathize with him. Maybe Sasuke feels a little connection with her because of that, but not vice-versa.

I gotta agree that she doesn't seem to understand him just because of a similar past. Her interest in him so far has been portrayed as very selfish, meaning she doesn't want to get with him to make him happy she just think that having him will make her happy. Besides, lots of people have lost their parents and family like Sasuke (Oro and Kabuto).

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#19 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Dec 31 2008, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gotta agree that she doesn't seem to understand him just because of a similar past. Her interest in him so far has been portrayed as very selfish, meaning she doesn't want to get with him to make him happy she just think that having him will make her happy. Besides, lots of people have lost their parents and family like Sasuke (Oro and Kabuto).

You forgot to mention Kakashi, Iruka, Naruto, ect. Karin's relathionship with Sasuke is similar to one we have seen before; Sakura. It's nothing more than a fan-girl crush. She's compulsive, obsessive and the only thing that is lacking from a repeat of Sakura is the always annoying "SAAAAAAAAAASUKE-KUUUUUUUUUN". Sasuke has no intrest in her and thinks of her as nothing more than a teammate. Unless compulsive, selfishness is Sasuke's new fetish, i don't see SasuKarin happening. sleep.gif

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#20 twintailednin29

twintailednin29

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Martial art, Drawing, singing, watching anime , playing in piano n guitar.

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Dec 31 2008, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You forgot to mention Kakashi, Iruka, Naruto, ect. Karin's relathionship with Sasuke is similar to one we have seen before; Sakura. It's nothing more than a fan-girl crush. She's compulsive, obsessive and the only thing that is lacking from a repeat of Sakura is the always annoying "SAAAAAAAAAASUKE-KUUUUUUUUUN". Sasuke has no intrest in her and thinks of her as nothing more than a teammate. Unless compulsive, selfishness is Sasuke's new fetish, i don't see SasuKarin happening. sleep.gif

A-FLIPPING-MEN!!!!

src="http://www.saiyanisland.com/naruto/horoscope/05LeoSasuke.gif" alt="I am Sasuke!"></a>
THEY ARE THE BOMB!!!!!! XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users