Close
Photo

When did Naruto jump the shark in your opinion?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 03:52 AM

I am excluding 700/the last because that would be obvious. For me  I can't remember when did it do it for me but when did it do it for you?

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 21 June 2019 - 03:56 AM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#2 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:42 PM

For me, it jumped the shark when Edo Tensei Itachi became good and went after Kabuto. That's when the plot convenience just went out the door. Like, the Uchiha had the answer to everything at that point.

Itachi could reverse Edo Tensei using the Izanagi or Izanami eye
Then Madara summoned himself using the backdoor Edo Tensei....what?
Then he used Black Zetsu to make himself back alive and....it just went down hill.

Madara was just breaking all the rules and nothing could stop him....until another plot convenience came along and easily took him out, but it all started when Itachi randomly and conveniently crossed paths with Sasuke in a random location that stopped him from going to Konoha and leveling it.

The Uchiha jumped more sharks in this series than I can even count.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:33 PM

For me, it jumped the shark when Edo Tensei Itachi became good and went after Kabuto. That's when the plot convenience just went out the door. Like, the Uchiha had the answer to everything at that point.

Itachi could reverse Edo Tensei using the Izanagi or Izanami eye
Then Madara summoned himself using the backdoor Edo Tensei....what?
Then he used Black Zetsu to make himself back alive and....it just went down hill.

Madara was just breaking all the rules and nothing could stop him....until another plot convenience came along and easily took him out, but it all started when Itachi randomly and conveniently crossed paths with Sasuke in a random location that stopped him from going to Konoha and leveling it.

The Uchiha jumped more sharks in this series than I can even count.

I actually agree here.  The obvious hint that Sasuke was to reunite with Itachi before the fight with Kabuto was when the series really jumped the shark. The fight overall was BS. (Should had been Kakashi and Guy versus Kabuto so they can rescue Yamato and then hurried back to Naruto and Killer Bee, WITH Sakura involved against Obito before the reveal. It would've made much more sense).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:59 PM

When Narutos obsession with Sasuke took priority above all else, even the safety of his loved ones. That lead to the aforemented jumping the shark James stated, if you ask me. Kishi s uchihagasms made him BS everything regarding them.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 June 2019 - 07:00 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:11 AM

When Narutos obsession with Sasuke took priority above all else, even the safety of his loved ones. That lead to the aforemented jumping the shark James stated, if you ask me. Kishi s uchihagasms made him BS everything regarding them.

Umm...I can see what you mean, but I don't think that was jumping the shark mostly because we kind of knew Naruto had to fight Sasuke in the end. If anything that was the ramp to help jump the shark in, but I agree that THAT was a bad sign within itself. It really meant that no matter what happened plot wise, Sasuke had to be against Naruto.

I don't know....I guess I don't consider it that since...well, I saw it coming. Naruto HAD to want to save Sasuke otherwise it defeats the purpose of the hero plot. This is unlike the rest which came out of left field or we had no clue was going to happen.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 22 June 2019 - 04:12 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:32 AM

I think for me it really jumped the shark by the time the real Madara got in on the fight. If he simply remained an Edo Tensei, I could have forgiven it somewhat as a boss Naruto and co had to defeat before getting to Obito (and by extension, Sasuke). But as James said, he kept breaking the rules and powering up. I wouldn't have minded most if it if he had at least one or two limits, but Kishi just wouldn't give him any that I actually question how Black Zetsu could get Kaguya to possess him. What, he didn't have a jutsu for that too?

It got so ridiculous, that Madara made me one of the few people to ACTUALLY LIKE KAGUYA, at least in concept. I just got so sick of the Uchiha BS I was begging for a new villain. I would have even taken the Nes Quick Bunny.

The Uchiha characters did create a lot of problems for the series, but Madara was by far the worst. Too OP that Kishi had to asspull him out of the fight to give the protagonists a chance.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:18 PM

Umm...I can see what you mean, but I don't think that was jumping the shark mostly because we kind of knew Naruto had to fight Sasuke in the end. If anything that was the ramp to help jump the shark in, but I agree that THAT was a bad sign within itself. It really meant that no matter what happened plot wise, Sasuke had to be against Naruto.

I don't know....I guess I don't consider it that since...well, I saw it coming. Naruto HAD to want to save Sasuke otherwise it defeats the purpose of the hero plot. This is unlike the rest which came out of left field or we had no clue was going to happen.

Yeah it wasn't really jumping the shark, but it had a hand in all the bad writing decisions if you ask me. Naruto had to save Sasuke or else he didn't deserve to be Hokage, and he would still reason with Sasuke even if Sasuke killed EVERYONE else that mattered to him. because Sasuke had to be "redeemed" He and his ENTIRE clan had to be sob victims that could not help but do evil things because they love too much. And so on and So forth. Again I know it is not really jumping the shark, but that is when writing REALLY degraded because anything Sasuke did must be excused, and all because of this "force fed" bond that we never see and were only beaten over the heads about a million times over that Naruto and Sasuke are best friends, even though they are shown to be nothing but rivals that are driven by envy for the other and keep striving to be better to one up said "rival". Naruto versus Sasuke could have been handled well enough without all of that "ill planned" drama. It is but one problem in the pool of bad writing decisions to be sure,but is still pretty prevalent none the less in my opinion at least.

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 June 2019 - 03:22 PM.

#8 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:32 PM

Hmm. I'd have to say the jumping the shark moment was the fight with Pein. Not original, I know, but that's where everything started taking a nosedive. Biggest talk no jutsu, characters killed off only to be instantly revived, they started making the Uzumaki clan a thing, Hinata's suicidal confession, and the reveal that Naruto was the son of the Fourth Hokage.

I feel people forget that at the time, Fonzie jumping the shark was seen as cool and it was only afterwards that it was pointed to as the moment things went wrong. Naruto should have begun winding down after the Invasion, setting up some sort of final battle. Instead it felt like there was a desperate attempt to prolong the series as much as possible. New characters and ideas were brought up to serve as filler fodder, Naruto dedication to Sasuke goes way too far, and everything became so convoluted. The series tore itself apart after the invasion, and there was still another third of the story to go.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#9 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:22 PM

Nagatos Gedo Mazo.

I loathed that moment because it meant Naruto would never have to justify his actions to those people who Nagato had wronged. Its one thing for Naruto to chose to set aside his hate, its another to do it on everyone elses behalf without their involvement or consent. Gedo Mazo relieved him of this duty. This was the beginning of a pattern that would plague the series the rest of the way.

#10 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:22 PM

Well with that moment all Naruto cared about was that only his views mattered, sounds like someone else from another show that ended a while ago which fans were not happy about we all know what show I mean.

I do agree with many of you guys that the whole Sasuke situation which was starting to piss me off and what does piss me off is people kittened on Sakura for always wanting Sasuke, but when it came to Naruto he got a free pass why?

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

Nagatos Gedo Mazo.

I loathed that moment because it meant Naruto would never have to justify his actions to those people who Nagato had wronged. Its one thing for Naruto to chose to set aside his hate, its another to do it on everyone elses behalf without their involvement or consent. Gedo Mazo relieved him of this duty. This was the beginning of a pattern that would plague the series the rest of the way.

There is that too. Although I imagine that was to revive Kakashi because fans would have been in an uproar if he stayed dead. Never the less I agree that was INCREDIBLY convenient cop out.

#12 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:33 AM

You wanna know when this series jumped the shark in my opinion: 

THIS VERY MOMENT: 

maxresdefault.jpg

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#13 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:36 PM

Honestly, after the Pain fight. It would have been way more interesting if those characters who died hadn't been revived.

#14 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:36 PM

You wanna know when this series jumped the shark in my opinion: 

THIS VERY MOMENT: 

maxresdefault.jpg

That was soooooooooooooooooooo stupid.

Jesus Christ, I hate that moment so much. OMG Sasuke is evil my little heart can't take it, I'm gonna have a panic attack and faint.

Naruto went from a hero to a joke.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#15 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:21 PM

Jesus Christ, I hate that moment so much. OMG Sasuke is evil my little heart can't take it, I'm gonna have a panic attack and faint.

Oh, yeah. That one right there. The one that Naruto fainted when it was supposed to be "hypothermia". This one and when he accepted to be a punching bag for Karui was stupid moments from Masashi and whatever editor he had.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#16 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

And yet Sakura gets all the hate because she wanted to save Sasuke, but if Sakura did this with Sasuke she is a kitten, but Naruto gets a free pass.

Whats worse is if Hinata did it with Naruto then, then you can bet that they would find it sweet, again double standards.

#17 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:39 AM

naruto-412517.jpg

We all know Naruto have zero etiquette for the Sarutobi and Tsunade , calling them by their name. But seriously he just came there and said "I WANT YOU TO STOP!" ... like an order 1?. He doesn't realize hes talking to the president of another country ...

naruto-412518.jpg

For me ... this is it , he let himself got beaten to pulp and then he beg , he bow , he kneel , and he cry ... for what ? .... FOR HIM !?!? :lmao:

For me it's like , Sasuke can defecate wherever he wants and this guy will be the one to clean it up. Naruto should change his profession from a ninja into a Sasuke personal diaper changer or Sasuke personal poop cleaner. This once again prove that this is beyond friendship or family ... it's love / gay relationship. I can understand if a mother (maybe father too) do this for her child , but friend don't do this. I want you all to think about your best / closest friends , and they about to be execute , will you do what this idiot do ? come all the way there and beg , kneel , cry for your criminal best friend ??

This manga didn't teach the word of "Responsibilities". Sasuke breaking things left and right , defecate everywhere he goes and never get punish because he has a personal maid that will do the cleaning .... Naruto and Sakura. It's amazing how some people didn't see this , the creator clearly love this character more than the main character itself. Kishi love Sasuke , and Studio Pierrot love Hinata , it's not a surprise that the ending favor both of them , they both got everything!.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#18 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:04 AM

naruto-412517.jpg

We all know Naruto have zero etiquette for the Sarutobi and Tsunade , calling them by their name. But seriously he just came there and said "I WANT YOU TO STOP!" ... like an order 1?. He doesn't realize hes talking to the president of another country ...

naruto-412518.jpg

For me ... this is it , he let himself got beaten to pulp and then he beg , he bow , he kneel , and he cry ... for what ? .... FOR HIM !?!? :lmao:

For me it's like , Sasuke can defecate wherever he wants and this guy will be the one to clean it up. Naruto should change his profession from a ninja into a Sasuke personal diaper changer or Sasuke personal poop cleaner. This once again prove that this is beyond friendship or family ... it's love / gay relationship. I can understand if a mother (maybe father too) do this for her child , but friend don't do this. I want you all to think about your best / closest friends , and they about to be execute , will you do what this idiot do ? come all the way there and beg , kneel , cry for your criminal best friend ??

This manga didn't teach the word of "Responsibilities". Sasuke breaking things left and right , defecate everywhere he goes and never get punish because he has a personal maid that will do the cleaning .... Naruto and Sakura. It's amazing how some people didn't see this , the creator clearly love this character more than the main character itself. Kishi love Sasuke , and Studio Pierrot love Hinata , it's not a surprise that the ending favor both of them , they both got everything!.

Thank you for reminding me of even more dumb moments. I've never once understood the bond between Naruto and Sasuke.

Because there are 2 major problems with it. First problem is that it doesn't exist. It's just shoved in our face that Naruto and Sasuke are best friends because Kishi keeps having Naruto repeat the same idiotic line over and over. It never existed because it was never showed to us. At best you can call them rivals because at least in that department he did show some rivalry between them, it wasn't the best, but at least it was there.

And the second problem is Naruto's actions. You said it's love/gay relationship, it's not. It's just stupidity taken to extreme levels.

Like you said a mother or maybe even father doing this for their child is understandable, but this is in no way understandable.

And his actions are made even worse when you consider problem number 1.

Look I get the whole message of friends are important and you should cherish them or at least that's what I think he was trying to convey, but this was taken to a whole different plane of existence. I can't even find a word to describe it, it's just insane.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#19 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:37 AM

Thank you for reminding me of even more dumb moments. I've never once understood the bond between Naruto and Sasuke.

Because there are 2 major problems with it. First problem is that it doesn't exist. It's just shoved in our face that Naruto and Sasuke are best friends because Kishi keeps having Naruto repeat the same idiotic line over and over. It never existed because it was never showed to us. At best you can call them rivals because at least in that department he did show some rivalry between them, it wasn't the best, but at least it was there.

And the second problem is Naruto's actions. You said it's love/gay relationship, it's not. It's just stupidity taken to extreme levels.

Like you said a mother or maybe even father doing this for their child is understandable, but this is in no way understandable.

And his actions are made even worse when you consider problem number 1.

Look I get the whole message of friends are important and you should cherish them or at least that's what I think he was trying to convey, but this was taken to a whole different plane of existence. I can't even find a word to describe it, it's just insane.

Was that before or after Sakura lied to Naruto and then tried to join/kill Sasuke only for Naruto to have to save her?

#20 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:44 AM

Was that before or after Sakura lied to Naruto and then tried to join/kill Sasuke only for Naruto to have to save her?

Before. Oh and I don't believe she lied to him.

CZSn9hA.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users